Started on: 06-20-2002 11:16 PM
Replies: 190
Last post by: Ronnie on 09-23-2002 10:56 AM
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Alex , there's been a response on here somewhere about their meeting points and times. Look back up thru the pages. It's probably on the 3rd page.
Hope you can make it. The more , the merrier.I know of one room that was canceled just today.
IP: Logged
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ronnie. I found out more or less where they will meet. I just want to make contact and get details exactly where is that Wildwood. See you there
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
"#$&(&*)*" I wanna leave now!!!
I'm ready to go, yeee haaaa

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
85GT The "Mistress"

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 09-17-2002).]

Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
This is the main departure place for the Florida Fieros (rain or shine)

leaving 8:00 Friday morning

www.tatravelcenters.com/locations/location.phtml?uid=27

Tentativly Fieros meeting and leaving from there or just up the road

Richard & Leonora Adams - - Ocala
Tom Corey - - - - - - - - - Space Coast
Robert Craig - - - - - - - -Space Coast
Alton & Jennifer Comer - - -Suncoast
Brian & Dedra Curtis - - - -Central Florida
Ron & Pat Hale - - - - - - -Suncoast
Don & Michelle Hager - - - -Space Coast
Mike & Janet Mankins - - - -Central Florida
Frank & Marianna Martin - - Space Coast
Kris & Audrey Munson - - - -Ocala
Phil Randolph - - - - - - - Rhode Island
Dwain Thier - - - - - - - - Space Coast
Alex Torres - - - - - - - - Palm Beach

Looks like the flatlanders want to play again

------------------
Frank

Space Coast Fieros -> Florida Fiero Council

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 09-18-2002).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the fuel mileage info, Chuck. Since I just got this car I will not be pushing it very hard until I get used to it. Plus, it has been sitting in a building for 5 years. Don't want to tear anything up. And I'm not too worried about the fuel economy on the run, it is the drive back to CA that is a little more intimidating! haha

One more thing... <B>Your quote--- Lookin forward to meetin ya'll(That's the way us transplanted yankees have learned to talk.)</B> Not bad! Now if we can get the rest of the world to learn to talk right! I'm from Georgia, just living in California!

My part of the 'Run' has already started! I am in GA and been working on my car. Talked to Ed Parks earlier when my new car left me on the side of the road already! Nothing serious so I am back underway. I'm heading to Ed's tomorrow and will spend the night in Huntsville and convoy with the Alabama folks most likely.

Look forward to meeting the new folks and seeing the old friends again...

------------------

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
...Route hand-outs are ready;
....T-shirts are ready;
.....Door prizes are ready;
......Dinner arrangements are done;
.......Hotel is BOOKED FULL!
........Priceless . . .

Only one part is missing!!!......... YOU!

See you guys on Friday!

Now... let me get my Fiero ready for the 'real thing'
RUN FOR THE HILLS

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-19-2002).]

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
As we in Georgia would say, YEEEEE HAWWWWW, let's rock & roll!!!!
Ramon, I want to be the first to say , you've done one helluva job on this, not forgetting to mention , Chuck , and Charlie too!!!
We're planning on being there around noon on Friday!! See you there. Let Carolyn & I know if there's anything that you need help with.
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjotero:
...Route hand-outs are ready;
....T-stirts are ready;
.....Door prizes are ready;
......Dinner arrangements are done;
.......Hotel is BOOKED FULL!
........Priceless . . .

Only one part is missing!!!......... YOU!

See you guys on Friday!

Now... let me get my Fiero ready for the 'real thing'
RUN FOR THE HILLS

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-18-2002).]

Outstanding, thanks for setting this up again!
TCredGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TCredGTClick Here to visit TCredGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TCredGTDirect Link to This Post
Us'ens in Alabama want to say "thanks" to. We'll be rollin about 8:30 in the mornin'. haven't heard about any Alabama convoy yet, but we'll make any way we can!!!!!!!! SWEET DREAMS TONITE AND STAY BETWEEN THE DITCHES.

------------------
Tommy C

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
This is cool! Seems like we gonna have twice the crowd we had last year

------------------
Alex4mulas :-)
N2O! 3.4!

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
I feel a sleepess night coming on

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
85GT The "Mistress"

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Guess so's I don't get withdrawals I'll attend the Mile High event this Saturday. If'n I can get directions and they'll let a lowlander in.
TCredGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TCredGTClick Here to visit TCredGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TCredGTDirect Link to This Post
WHAT?

------------------
Tommy C

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Fierofool (Charlie) skipped out on us and went out to Colorado for some crazy reason. Can't believe he'd rather be there than at the real "Hills".
rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
....earlier today I discovered my ride had no brake pads in the rear tyres!!!
Just finished the job... I guess I can go rest a bit. LONG DAY TOMORROW

Ramon

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:
Fierofool (Charlie) skipped out on us and went out to Colorado for some crazy reason. Can't believe he'd rather be there than at the real "Hills".

Hey, believe me, it wasn't my idea. Tried to get some of you to donate some kind of exotic illness, but NNNOOOOOO! Nobody came up with anything. But I would like to get a bunch of the club together to do a rerun of the run later on. Everyone involved in this event has worked hard. Hope all of you coming in really enjoy it and no one lets one get loose from them. All of you enjoy, but be safe.

tellron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tellronClick Here to visit tellron's HomePageSend a Private Message to tellronDirect Link to This Post
We are packed and ready to roll out first thing in the am. If Alton had his way, we would be sleeping in the car waiting for everybody in Wildwood! See you all in the morning! Ya it is finally here...

[This message has been edited by tellron (edited 09-19-2002).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2002 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Awright,awready! The Run #7 should be done. Somebody tell me how it went, PLEASE!!! Melissa wanted to know if anyone is pulling tree branches from under their car.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Somebody tell me how it went, PLEASE!!! Melissa wanted to know if anyone is pulling tree branches from under their car.

TA-DAAAHHH!!!

The 7th Swim For The Hills... Uhhh *RUN* For The Hills... is now history.
Rained for the majority of the run. But it was still an absolute blast!
There were, if I remember correctly, either 46 or 47 cars. Not sure about that number, though. But we nearly filled the parking lot at the Comfort Inn.
One of the locals even stopped by and asked us if we were on the way to the NOPI show at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
And there *were* some show-worthy cars there, too.
The looks that we got from people along the route were absolutely priceless. Imagine sitting at a stop sign and seeing several dozen Fieros pass by in a half-mile long parade.
Rumor has it that some of the locals actually jumped in to the run, but I didn't actually see any of them.

One mechanical issue - a stuck brake caliper.
NO ignition module failures. Probably because at least three of us brought *two* spare ignition modules with us.
Several cars got their upholstery watered.

Only a couple of minor mishaps.
One minor nose-to-tail meeting at an intersection, and three spins. Two of the spins performed by the same driver.
Carolyn Fulcher said she was going to pass the hat in order to buy the driver (who shall remain nameless since he doesn't have internet access, and can't come here to defend himself) a set of rain tires.

I had a great time. Had the pleasure of meeting many of the folks from Pennocks, and seeing many folks whom I had met previously.

Saw some absolutely breathtaking cars, too.

I have a few pics that I'll post later.
Nothing from the run itself. Mostly parking lot pics.

Thanks to Ramon and the rest of the folks for putting it all together.
Thanks to all who participated or helped in any way.
It was great to see you all!

I know there were LOTS of other people taking pictures. I'm sure there will be some posted here shortly.

Steve Hamilton

Raydar

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-22-2002).]

rjotero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjoteroSend a Private Message to rjoteroDirect Link to This Post
Run For The Hills VII was a complete success!

I want to give thanks to everyone that in one way or another helped making the event the best run ever!
I also want to thank all the drivers and passengers for being with us and make the event the biggest to date. We had *over* 45 Fieros present!

I want to give a special Thanks to The Fiero Store, Mr. Mike's and Rodney Dickman for their sponsorship of the event.

And, to all the participants, please post your comments and pictures taken during the Run!!!

See you guys next year!

Ramon

PS
There is a rumor that a re-run of RFTH7 will take place some time during November. Since we ran under the rain most of the time, many of the guys want to have a 'dry run' of the route soon...
Stay tuned...

[This message has been edited by rjotero (edited 09-22-2002).]

DonHager

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonHagerSend a Private Message to DonHagerDirect Link to This Post
Just made the long ride home from RFTH 7. (530 miles to home) It was the greastest fun I have had in years. Thank you Ramon (and once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY)and the Georgia Fiero Club for hosting such a great event. Even with rain the ride was the most. Met a bunch of great people and made alot of new friends. I am ready to do it again. SSOOOONNNN.

------------------
FieroDon
86 SE
87 GT (factory blue)
87 Coupe 4L(factory blue)
88 GT

WWW.Fiero.us

[This message has been edited by DonHager (edited 09-22-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
tellron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tellronClick Here to visit tellron's HomePageSend a Private Message to tellronDirect Link to This Post
Just got back to Tampa FL. Long drive home but we had a blast. Even if it did rain most of the time, there is nothing better than watching 45 Fieros parading through the mountains and small towns throughout the route. This was our 1st RFTH's but it won't be the last. Next year my son-in-law may even make it all the way without breaking down. Thanks for a great run...
TCredGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TCredGTClick Here to visit TCredGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TCredGTDirect Link to This Post
BIG BIG seconds on all the comments about RFTH 7 previously posted. Brenda and I had a GGRReat time with all the super people in all the clubs represented. I was glad to see the response has been so positive to CFOG-I.What can we do next year to improve on #7? (how about an anti-rain sock-hop)Hope every one makes it home in one dry piece!!

------------------
Tommy C

[This message has been edited by TCredGT (edited 09-22-2002).]

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
I've been to all of the Run For The Hills and have had a blast at all of them.

Ramon and his family and the Georgia Fieros did one hell of a job making sure that we all had a great time. Even with the somewhat damp weather. That did not stop us though from going out and having a ball. My thanks to all that helped us have a great time !!!!!!!!!

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
WELL,WELL,WELL!!Wasn't this just a real BLAST!!! We didn't even let rain dampen our fun.Was great meeting people from Pennocks and all the other clubs. Good to put faces with the names and cars.
Seems as tho most people feel like this was the best yet!Ramon did an excellent job of laying out the "course", along with Chuck for setting up the tent and playing some good old music Fri. afternoon.Overall a complete success.What a sight seeing that many Fiero's cruising down the highway!!
And for Carolyn, thanks to all you guys that signed up for CFOG-I memberships. She got 11 new members!Even if she is a "pushy blonde" HaHa!We had one great time with everybody.
Keep that "Re-run" in mind for November.
Someone with digital camera needs to post some pics. We're still in the 35mm mode.

[This message has been edited by Ronnie (edited 09-22-2002).]

tellron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tellronClick Here to visit tellron's HomePageSend a Private Message to tellronDirect Link to This Post
Here is one of the stops with a view? All we know is if we took one more step past the fieros in the right of the picture, we were going down a mountain!
TCredGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TCredGTClick Here to visit TCredGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TCredGTDirect Link to This Post
Help, When I tried to post a picture I get a message "over 200,000 bytes" cannot post. Am I doing something wrong. Someone call Cliff !!!!

------------------
Tommy C

MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnie:
Someone with digital camera needs to post some pics. We're still in the 35mm mode.

Here you go: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/021929.html

And more from Alex: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/021940.html

[This message has been edited by MrPBody (edited 09-22-2002).]

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
Well, my first Run For the Hills was a blast even though it rained. The course was near perfect with plenty of twists, turns, ups and downs to make your Dad feel queasy in the passenger seat. It really is a shame it was raining, we could have gone a lot faster. Thanks to everyone that planned this event, well done. Dinner was great, and I enjoyed meeting everyone. I think my Dad learned more about Fieros this weekend than the whole time I've had mine. I'm going to try to post my pics, but I can't find the disks I put them on.

------------------

AIM: FieroMGDriver My Fiero Page

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Just a bit of advice for the next "SWIM for the Hills"

Bridgestone Potenza RE950

The come in the stock 15" sizes and are hands down the best wet weather all season high performance tire I've ever experienced. Great all around performance tire, but they are exceptional in the wet.

Check them out at Tire Rack for more info. If I'm buying stock size tires for my Formula, it'll be these from now on.

Ronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Oops!! Sorry - - correction - Carolyn signed up 12 new CFOG-I members!!
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock