AJ's Northstar project by AJxtcman
Started on: 12-12-2006 07:47 AM
Replies: 381
Last post by: AJxtcman on 06-18-2010 12:28 PM
AJxtcman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
It is going too easy tonight WOW. I am planning on a car cruise on sunday.
I found the problem. I have the Right Exhaust cam gear on the Right intake mark. Now I need to get the left cams back in time and line up the right exhaust gear.
IP: Logged
RKSmallwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RKSmallwoodSend a Private Message to RKSmallwoodDirect Link to This Post
sounds like a cool build it's to bad that you have to sell it after all that work. it will be interesting to see the next one. I look forward to my build, sounds like I need to start looking for a cradle for my swap and a 4t65 tranny yea I know it is not a 5 or 6 speed but I am getting lazy.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
The turd is running good again

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2007 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Get some 255's on there and it won't do that.
Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm still not seeing a video or audio clip.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I hope to get the tail pipes on today.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
I toasted another PCM today, but the car runs with it in and a can communicate with it at times for a short time. I have just 1 dtc and that is for a Ignition module, but all the readings are wrong. -17% tps and -303° ECT, 0 grams per second. I was reprogramming it when I cooked it. This car is fast and it shifts hard. I will replace the PCM with one of my 10 that I have
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
Best of show Sport Compact.

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
Looks like your making progress. Besides reprograming the PCM what else is needed to run a 2000+ engine?
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

Looks like your making progress. Besides reprograming the PCM what else is needed to run a 2000+ engine?

I can work with the 4T80E better, but I think a manual will run. I need to run some test. I can turn a 2000+ into a OBD I program.
befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJxtcman:

I can work with the 4T80E better, but I think a manual will run. I need to run some test. I can turn a 2000+ into a OBD I program.

What do you have to change to get a 2000+ to run like an OBD I? Do you change the ignition to a GM DIS with the 4 coilpacks, or have you figured out a way to run the 8 COP coils and 2 ignition modules that are on a 2000+ N*? Also what about the digital (3-wire) crank and cam sensors? That would be nice if you can use those parts on an OBD I programmed ECM.

------------------

84 Fiero Sport Coupe #1192 :: 86 Fiero Base Coupe Quad 4 HO :: 1998 Dodge Neon EX 2Dr 2.0L DOHC Auto

PFF
System Bot
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by befarrer:

What do you have to change to get a 2000+ to run like an OBD I? Do you change the ignition to a GM DIS with the 4 coilpacks, or have you figured out a way to run the 8 COP coils and 2 ignition modules that are on a 2000+ N*? Also what about the digital (3-wire) crank and cam sensors? That would be nice if you can use those parts on an OBD I programmed ECM.

Everything stock.
I can set the PCM up for NO Evap, NO Cat, NO Post O2 sensor, NO heated O2's, NO AIR System, and the PCM will say they are all working and in place. I would recomend the heated O2's and the Evap system, but not a sealed and tested system.
At this time That program is a 130 MPH limit
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
That is with a 2000 to 2003 PCM, but nobody in the world can crack the code. I don't think so.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=260147086702

[This message has been edited by AJxtcman (edited 08-06-2007).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=260147086702

Have you ever got any time slips to prove stuff like your "14 second quarter mile DHS" or do you just whip together some graphs and call it a day? It seems to me that it costs a few bucks to go to the test and tune at your nearest drag strip and you could *easily* sell several more custom tunes if you could prove what your tune is capable of. The trip would pay for itself several times over. Same goes for your car, when it comes time for you to sell it, you will easily get an extra grand for the car if it runs like you claim it runs.

Seriously, I can't believe you haven't taken video of a quarter mile pass, or even posted some time slips.

Bryce

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

Seriously, I can't believe you haven't taken video of a quarter mile pass, or even posted some time slips.

...or even a video clip or sound clip of that exhaust! -JK!
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

Have you ever got any time slips to prove stuff like your "14 second quarter mile DHS" or do you just whip together some graphs and call it a day? It seems to me that it costs a few bucks to go to the test and tune at your nearest drag strip and you could *easily* sell several more custom tunes if you could prove what your tune is capable of. The trip would pay for itself several times over. Same goes for your car, when it comes time for you to sell it, you will easily get an extra grand for the car if it runs like you claim it runs.

Bryce

The time slip was posted.
The track was slow.
3800 S/C ran GXP ran 16.550
C6 ran 15.5??
C5 ran 15.7??
Metz 78 chevelle ran 7.78 every run. He ran 7.6? on the speed channels guess that tune show.

THIS IS THE DHS. 15.169
I ran about 8.8 and 80 mph in the 1/8th. In the Fiero.
I had no helmet and had to stay above 14 sec. I may head down this week yet.

[This message has been edited by AJxtcman (edited 08-08-2007).]

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Tire.

It has grwon since it has been off the car.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by Deabionni:

...or even a video clip or sound clip of that exhaust! -JK!

NO TAIL PIPES YET!!!!!!!

Race Tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33FBYJYCr9s
Performance tune 150 MPH speed limiter VIN Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OStm-j1nPTw
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Direct Link to This Post
You should get a clip revving to about 6000rpm. That thing sounds MEAN! You could probably set off car alarms with that.

------------------

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
That sounds better than I expected! I think I'll be doing an exhaust exactly like that when I do the N* swap.

Thanks for posting the clips.
PFF
System Bot
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AJxtcman:

The 360 muflers have two in.
This OEM set of tail pipes switch from 2 out to 4 out with vacuum valves. You don't know how it is in the muffler. It could bypass some baffles.

The 355 have 3 in and 4 out.

would use the 360 Muffler.
It has 2 inlet instead of 3
The inlets look easier to attach to
The tail pipes unbolt so they can be modified separately.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
6500 RPM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S59Z6nMiZLg
I am going out for a test run

[This message has been edited by AJxtcman (edited 08-28-2007).]

MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Direct Link to This Post
I love the sound of that muffler!

------------------

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
test drive, but I shortened the clip. I ran out of gas. It stalled out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7kP76DOaE4
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
You got rubber going into 2nd?

Great job on the build, and I still LOVE the sound of the Ferrari exhaust! I can't wait to see/hear it when the pipes are installed.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I installed new rear tires. much larger. about 26". I had 24".
Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good, surprisingly quiet though. I still think i like the sound of my spintech better though.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I think I will also.
I like quiet, but I like noise some times and the quiet is more important. So it is quiet
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

The time slip was posted.
The track was slow.
3800 S/C ran GXP ran 16.550
C6 ran 15.5??
C5 ran 15.7??
Metz 78 chevelle ran 7.78 every run. He ran 7.6? on the speed channels guess that tune show.

THIS IS THE DHS. 15.169
I ran about 8.8 and 80 mph in the 1/8th. In the Fiero.
I had no helmet and had to stay above 14 sec. I may head down this week yet.

This is the DHS That I tuned the PCM on. This is the car for the time slip.

Exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MxiWTukDfg
Test run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atUD3yoW3b0
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
Night time run. I must catch the cars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRT_vtvgLX0
PFF
System Bot
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Day time run on same road
130+
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FocwKIobXuo
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
This is a cold start and short run. This program has a very touchy throttle. This is the race trim program, and as you can see the tire light up in first pretty easy. Backing up in the driveway I just touch the gas pedal and it responds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjCoLGXd4pM

[This message has been edited by AJxtcman (edited 08-15-2007).]

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
Have you done anything yet with the OBDI ECM's yet?
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
Not yet.
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
Are you planning on doing anything with OBDI? I could use some bottom end and eliminate vats and speed limiter.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I get a lot of calls for it. I will need to look at my files and see how much time it will take me to do it.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
I was bidding on some 00 pistons, but forgot about them and lost. I think I need to put a 00+ engine in. I think it will look cleaner and I can make it run hard. I know the 99 VIN 9 is better, but I can do more with any 00+
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I am almost done with a 96 to 99 S/C Northstar man trans program. That is If I ever want to run it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock