Started on: 12-12-2006 07:47 AM
Replies: 381
Last post by: AJxtcman on 06-18-2010 12:28 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJxtcman:
I should pick up some performance since I don't have a valve hanging up.
between the muffler and valve I should be in the 10 second range. What do you think Ryan? Yeah or Nay?

We'll never know until you take it to a track.... Until that time, you have a slow 15 second car.

IP: Logged
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

We'll never know until you take it to a track.... Until that time, you have a slow 15 second car.

Ouch!!!
AJxtcman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

Ryan I will send you a picture of the intake port. The nut washer had worn a groove into it as it went up and down with the valve.
I just like to poke at you.

I ran a 12.85 with the G tech once and the rest of the time it was 13 something. I should be about 12.8 range.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I don't want a picture of your intake port! I want a picture of your timeslip!
Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTDirect Link to This Post

I don't want a picture of your intake port! I want a picture of your timeslip!

I second that!
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
How about you come to the Dell's Ryan.
I have no way to take it to the track before the Dell's.
The local track was owned by a friend of mine named Broadway Bob. Broadway still live at the track and he owes me big yet. Broadway has been inducted to the NHRA hall of fame as a promoter. Like I said many times it is my time to collect on favors, but I just don't have the time to head to the Grove!
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Spring prototype.

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Trunk panel

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Coolant pipe

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Muffler mounted to engine NO outlet pipes.
Not on square yet.

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
It runs and sound great.
The OEM Ferrari 355 Muffler sounds great. I need to add the tail pipes.

Nice and mellow.

Front nose has been painted.
I will install it in the morning. It is cooking in the paint booth.

Please buy this car it is very nice.

PFF
System Bot
WAWUZAT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WAWUZATSend a Private Message to WAWUZATDirect Link to This Post

Coolant pipe

This photo convinces me that in lieu of running a separate coolant pipe across the engine compartment, I will route the coolant through the new crossmember I'll fabricate for the cradle.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
Today's game plan is get the headliner in this morning.
Take it to the body shop ot get the facia put on. ( I drive through ths body shop to get to my building/shop ) Jerry is great and will get it on perfect.
I will order the stainless steel pipe so the tail pipes can get put on. If it shows up I will run it over to the exhaust shop. Mike will take care of that.
Then I will run it back to the dealer and hook up the heater hoses and remove the
I will have the painter Dye the seat belts today. Andy has been really good about all the painting.

Remove the AC lines to get a new end put on it.
I think that will be all I can do in my spare time.
I still need to
Finish the interior
Mount the surge tank.
Mount a Evap/charcoal canister and vent valve.
Finish the trunk carpet/liner
Get an air filter mounted.
Get the fan relays wired up.
Get a trans cooler mounted
Get the battery secured.
Get the new battery ground cable put on.
Get the Speedo working since the DTS dash won't be in for the show.
Have an AC line made up. The one from the compressor to the new connector on the underbody lines made up.

Trans shifter bell crank. Something like this.
Just to get a nicer look.

TO MUCH TO GET DONE.

[This message has been edited by AJxtcman (edited 05-30-2007).]

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
If the car is not ripped apart tonight I will try to get in some runs and have the Gtech hooked up.
I will see what it will run now.
I will have to make it fast to sell it fast.
Ryan?

[This message has been edited by AJxtcman (edited 05-30-2007).]

Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTDirect Link to This Post
Take a video, i'm interested to see what this muffler sounds like.
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
I hope to see your car at the Dell's I would like to talk to you about the swap and how you overcame the traction controll on the obdII ecm. I also hace a question and The Idle learn on obdI. How long should it take to learn to idle I can't seem to get the code 80 to go away.

------------------

Signature courtesy of MinnGreen.

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I got to work about 1 hour early so I could work on the car. I had no uniforms, so I had to run back home. No headliner action. Faicia still need wet sanding, so it is not on. Mike at the Exhaust shop said he can't get me 1 3/4 Stainless pipe until next week.
I did get the seat belts back to the painter, but he has not got to them or the facia yet.
Can't drive it because I have the hood raised up in the front waiting on the facia.

The owner and his right hand man is at the dealership today. They are up from Chi Town so it is best to keep the car outside until tonight.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WAWUZAT:

This photo convinces me that in lieu of running a separate coolant pipe across the engine compartment, I will route the coolant through the new crossmember I'll fabricate for the cradle.

In my opinion, running a separate pipe is a GOOD thing because it gives you the perfect place to mount an oil/water heat exchanger.
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

In my opinion, running a separate pipe is a GOOD thing because it gives you the perfect place to mount an oil/water heat exchanger.

That is exactly where I put them right where the long straight section of AJ's pipe is.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zac88GT:

Take a video, i'm interested to see what this muffler sounds like.

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

I wish I had more time to work on this turd. I would like to hook up a Trans fluid warmer/cooler. I have Three AUX water pumps. One is for the rear heat for a Trailblazer and the other two are off a Craptera.
More time is all I need.
PFF
System Bot
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2007 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I got the facia on at 5:30 last night, so the day was not a waste.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I made it to the Dells. I got to the show late and very streesed. After Dinner I felt better and got to talk to Fiero STS some more.
I learned so much from him. I have to thank him.
I wish now I would have made a trip out to see him and had gotten some direction on my project.
He did some things I wished I had done and a couple of things I did not do.
I worked on the friday at work until about 5:30 I drove it home and it was not right. It had set some Ignition codes. One code had only 2 possible causes. First was Electronic Magnetic Interference ( EMI ) the next was the cams off. I had never installed the cams incorrectly before and was not sure how it would run. I had a oil leak also. I had a brand new balancer in the box that I had installed. The balancer was for a 2000+ engine and it uses a different seal in the timing cover. I went in to work on Saturday and pulled the front cover and the rear valve cover. I found the marks to lined up on the crank to the rear head. I had looked at the fuel trim and found the front head was off on my drive to work. I used my scope to look up at the cams on the front head. They looked ok. I turned the engine so the front cams would be off 1 toth and they still looked ok. So I changed the front cams by one tooth. I checked compression just on 3 revs and the readings between the front and rear head was about 10 PSI. I put the car back together and it sounded better, but it was about 11am and I was still in Milwaukee. I ran home showered and left. I had some pinging so I think the cams are off now and I had a different problem with the IGN module or the harness.
Thanks again Fiero STS
When you see the car next time it will be done and I think you will be impressed.

[This message has been edited by AJxtcman (edited 06-04-2007).]

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
Glad I could help out. Yes the N* swap is challenging but once you get it done and running correctly they are very dependable and a blast to drive around. Too bad we are not closer I think we could learn alot from each other.
I also talked with Dave from Canada and he showed me pics of his N* project that will also be a very nice car. He is using a 5 speed manual trans in an 88.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I ran up to the Dells and back with only one flaw. I was making good time on the way up. I was using the Tech II as a speedo and temp guage. The Tech II said I was running about 90 to 95 mph. I figured it was off because my girl friend was less than a cars length off my bumper. The traffic picked up and the temp ran up to 138° I pulled over at the first exit. I had knocked off the Fan relay wire with the Tech II. I reconnected the wire and talked to my girlfirend. She said I was running about 90 to 95 MPH. I ran the rest of the way back to Milwaukee at 85 to 90 MPH and I ran 225°
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
Since I have been hooking up the last of my circuits I have been loosing my first gear starts.
I have not got any responses from DEI or Fortin on a ABS/TCS State of health code duplicator, so I am building my own.
Basicly I need a constant code sent out on the Data line saying I am here. It may need to say all is good.
This is the same as a 555G for Passkey III, but the code will be coded for ABS. The Universal duplicator DEI offers needs to be set up to recognize the module code in need. If you need the data code for driversw window down and then the door locks or even the Hvac setting and radio presets then you just program the module to look for that code prefix and it will duplicate it. Like I said no support from DEI or FORTIN.
So far I am into my own for $50
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
AJ:
Any info you can provide for that code duplicator would be greatly appreciated. I would have a lot of possible uses for that, including getting the actual 2001 Grand Am cluster to work on my car, instead of the hybrid cluster-bleep I have now.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
AJ: Also, could you post a picture of how you finally ran the exaust?

Bob
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

AJ: Also, could you post a picture of how you finally ran the exaust?

I'm also interested in that exhaust. I'd like to see more pics of it installed if you have any, and I'd LOVE to see a video so that we can hear what it sounds like.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I have some new strut parts and think I may get them in today.
My exhaust sound like a 6 cylinder, but I did jump the front cams 1 Tooth. I thought that they may have been off, but Now I think that they are off now.
After I get the engine back to the way it was and install the tail pipes I will post a sound clip.
Glen one of the guys from our shop #3 said that the Nut/washer that was in the engine did not come from the fuel rail. Hmmmm.
This lead me to think. My Service Director told me he wouldn't put it past someone and it may be posible that someone installed it in the port for me.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
congrats
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

After I get the engine back to the way it was and install the tail pipes I will post a sound clip.

I'm all ears.

[This message has been edited by Deabionni (edited 07-03-2007).]

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I have been driving the car every day since The Dells. The cams are off, but it runs ok. Kind of a dog compared to before. I still set 4X DTC's I have set a 24X code also. I took it to the Drag Strip the other day. I had no Helmet so I could not go under 14 sec.
The first run was a 15.000 at 74.69 coasting since half track. I ran a couple of low 14 and then broke out. 13.916 at 97.84 coasting. I had ran a 14.084 at 85.92 before. On that run I hit the 1/8 at 8.879 and 80.35 mph. On the break out run I was 8.852 and 79.92 coasting already. I had done a little burn out and really hooked up. I launched so hard that I miss judged the my time. I was going to make one good pass at the end of the night but I got parked. I think I will fix the cams and head back down in a couple of weeks.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
what's wrong with the cams and head?
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
When I put this engine together I put the right head on first and then the oil pump. I was waiting for some valve stem seals that I did not know I was missing it assemble the left head. That is why I did not put the left head on first or even before the oil pump went on. I was very careful and took my time to line up the timing marks. The driver of the Cavalier race car stopped by on the Thursday before the the Dells Run. I took him for a blast. No power and I had 4X Dtc's. That Friday I swapped out coil pack and checked the wiring harness. I found nothing.
I finished up the fascia and got ready to leave for the Dells.
Saturday morning I decided to take a quick look at the cam timing I pulled the front cover and the right bank valve cover. Timing marks looked right on the marks. I have a $1400 Boroscope and I looked at the front head from the bot um. It looked ok, but my fuel trim was off on that bank. I jumped both cams 1 tooth on the intermediate gear and then went to the Dells.
Fuel trim is ok now, but I still have 4X DTC's and low power.
All I need to do is pull both Valve covers and the front cover so I can verify and reset the cams. If I have 4X codes after that I will swap out the Ignition module.
I have been driving the car and just relaxing. It has been really nice.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
AJ:
Any chance of seeing how you ran the coolant lines for the heater? Also, do you have a top-shot on how you ran the exaust to the muffler?

TIA
Bob
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ryan
My tune will work just fine for a 00+
The 03 DHS I tuned will run just the same without the ABS/TCS plugged in.
YES 1st gear starts and NO torque difference with or without it connected. I will post the graph.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

AJ:
Any chance of seeing how you ran the coolant lines for the heater? Also, do you have a top-shot on how you ran the exaust to the muffler?

TIA
Bob

I'm really interested to know more about the exhaust, and how it sounds. Got any more pics? And where's that video clip that you promised?
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I have not done any work to it including the tail pipes. I am starting to pull the valve covers and front cover to check the cam timing tonight.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock