Started on: 09-27-2007 09:15 PM
Replies: 386
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 09-14-2008 07:46 AM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

So far its not even close, soooo I know that I am not that scared.

We can tell by how you stand behind your challenges.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 01-12-2008).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

He bravely wimpers while peeking out from under the door of the closet he just ran into screeming & crying.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

He bravely wimpers while peeking out from under the door of the closet he just ran into screeming & crying.

Muwhahahahhaha.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
With all due respect, I think thread was posted just to get blown up after the very first post...
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RichLo:

I think the RFT gang is just scared to hear that the worlds fastest transverse fiero might be a sbc Imagine that, a SBC used for drag racing Ive never heard such a crazy idea before

I will agree with you on this one that the fastest transverse Fiero will be a V-8 BUT---------It want be a V-8 attached to a manuel transmission---Its not going to happen IMO!!!!!

Is the V-8 in this guys car a SBC or an LT1?
aaronrus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2008 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MotorTV:

An atempt at tag team trolling... how cute,,,,
Chuck

ohhh please Chuck, with your "mightier than thou" attitude. stop acting like a "know it all". Youve actually contributed very little to your own thread besides confusing timeslips.. seriously dude..
aaronrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2008 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

aaronrus

870 posts
Member since Nov 2003
[QUOTE]Originally posted by darkhorizon:

As for Archie, he's a good guy-but he's also kinda like the proverbial "grumpy old man." His (and mine) preference for V8s is a lot like your preference for automatics. So what if he likes V8s and you like V6s? I say that's great, because it leaves more business for you both!

QUOTE]

How old is Archie anyways? old enough to where his balls drag across the water in the toilet?
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

That's funny, You practically tripped over yourself running away from a challenge YOU made.

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Is the V-8 in this guys car a SBC or an LT1?

HUH? The "SBC" is a "Small Block Chevy" which has multiple versions like LM1, LT1, LS1, HO, ZZ, etc.
Basically a SBC refers to the basic block size and the designation refers to it's version.
So the answer to your question is "Yes", It is an LT1 SBC.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-13-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronrus:

How old is Archie anyways? old enough to where his balls drag across the water in the toilet?

What a heck of a thing to say on a Sunday morning on a public Forum.

I'm old enough to know that if your Mother heard you say something like that She'd smack you up side the head in a second.

Haven't you punks ever learned any kind of manners?

I'll bet when your ratings bar appears it'll be very red & soon you'll be having to make all your posts on RFT.

Archie
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

HUH? The "SBC" is a "Small Block Chevy" which has multiple versions like LM1, LT1, LS1, HO, ZZ, etc.
Basically a SBC refers to the basic block size and the designation refers to it's version.
So the answer to your question is "Yes", It is an LT1 SBC.

I was kind of thinking that but really wanst forsure being I am not a big V-8 person and all. I guess my thought was SBC was the old school motors and the LT1/LSX where not considered SBC. Learn something new everyday.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

I'll bet when your ratings bar appears it'll be very red & soon you'll be having to make all your posts on RFT.

Archie

Nailed that prediction on the head, didn't you?
PFF
System Bot
RichLo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

and another one bites the dust!

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
dual stage nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

[This message has been edited by RichLo (edited 01-13-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, it's a shame some of these guys were never taught how to behave in public.

Don't these kids realize that someday they're going to grow up & their children are going to find "Daddy's indiscretions" in some remote spot on the Internet. Then that kid is gonna ask Daddy about it at the Dinner table or maybe he'll wait to ask his teacher at school.

It's one thing saying something stupid in person but after you said it the evidence is gone. His smart mouth will forever be "on record" somewhere on the Internet.

It was November 2004 when we had the last housecleaning around here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum8/HTML/000062.html

It may be time for PFF to put out the trash again.

Archie
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
So--I read thru the Thread and searched around but cant find who built this car or a build Thread on it? Car seems a little to fast to be built by Archie(well Archie's guys) so I am guessing the owner somewhat built it. How many miles have been put on the car since the swap/when was the swap done? Would like to read more about the car if anyone has a build Thread to it.

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
Is that a joke? ^

Your asking who built motortv's car in motortv's thread?

I'm guessing this is sarcasm, but I am just an ignorant bystander.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

So--I read thru the Thread and searched around but cant find who built this car or a build Thread on it? Car seems a little to fast to be built by Archie(well Archie's guys) so I am guessing the owner somewhat built it. How many miles have been put on the car since the swap/when was the swap done? Would like to read more about the car if anyone has a build Thread to it.

Worst troll ever.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

Is that a joke? ^

Your asking who built motortv's car in motortv's thread?

I'm guessing this is sarcasm, but I am just an ignorant bystander.

Not a joke---Wondering who built the car. I have read many Threads about others cars and they didnt build the car. Just wondering who built his car and how many miles have been put on the car since the build. Just a few simple question.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Actually if you want to see how the car was built, Go here: http://www.msutv.com/2002frame.html
MotorTV built the car himself.
There are about 7 episodes that cover the building and some early (pre-turbo) testing.

Here is a pic of the pre-turbo days.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-13-2008).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Worst troll ever.

Everyone has there opinion on things, thats whats great about living in America. I dont consider myself a troll being I have been very helpful on the Forum. Its not my fault I dont follow the norm like many others and tend to disagree with what others say. Do I get wrapped up in it sometimes and push the envolope with my post, I will say yes. But that is my personality and the way I am wired so that part of me will never change. You can ask anyone in the NTFC or others I have dealt with, I am one of the nicest/most helpful people there is out there in the Fiero world. But if you want to call me a Troll thats fine cause everyone has there own opinion.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by Oreif:

Actually if you want to see how the car was built, Go here: http://www.msutv.com/2002frame.html
MotorTV built the car himself.
There are about 7 episodes that cover the building and some early (pre-turbo) testing.

Here is a pic of the pre-turbo days.

Kool--this is what I was looking for. I love the looks of the car and how the body is setup on it. Thanks for the link.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Everyone has there opinion on things, thats whats great about living in America. I dont consider myself a troll being I have been very helpful on the Forum. Its not my fault I dont follow the norm like many others and tend to disagree with what others say. Do I get wrapped up in it sometimes and push the envolope with my post, I will say yes. But that is my personality and the way I am wired so that part of me will never change. You can ask anyone in the NTFC or others I have dealt with, I am one of the nicest/most helpful people there is out there in the Fiero world. But if you want to call me a Troll thats fine cause everyone has there own opinion.

When you ask who built the car, that's a question. When you act like a jerk and say "Car seems a little to fast to be built by Archie(well Archie's guys) so I am guessing the owner somewhat built it." you're a troll.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 01-13-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Of course people are questioning MotorTV's results. The most info he's posted says his turbo V8 runs 12's in the quarter. Oreif's does that N/A. Its not at all unreasonable to expect a turbocharged engine to perform better.

This thread is hilarious.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

When you ask who built the car, that's a question. When you act like a jerk and say "Car seems a little to fast to be built by Archie(well Archie's guys) so I am guessing the owner somewhat built it." you're a troll.

Thats not being a Troll, thats being me and thats how I will always be. So if some see it as being a Troll then I guess thats there opinion.
RichLo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post
This thread died a long time ago, time to let it go to the archives guys.

he tryed to explain tuning
trolls took over
he gave up
trolls continue to bash
there hasnt been any useful information in how many pages?

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
dual stage nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

Matt Hawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I really think it is pointless to go on with this thread unless more data is presented. This was started 3 and 1/2 months ago. I can see how MotorTV was trying to be witty with his post, but he should have known this was going to stir the pot. I for one am interested in the numbers the car produces, not the drama. This is the technical discussion forum. Take all the BS and slander somewhere else.
bornobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bornobsessedSend a Private Message to bornobsessedDirect Link to This Post

Worst troll ever.

I thought that Mustangs' was one of the MOST appropriate comments in this entire thread, to be honest. The guy wanted some more info on the car.

[This message has been edited by bornobsessed (edited 01-14-2008).]

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matt Hawkins:

I really think it is pointless to go on with this thread unless more data is presented. This was started 3 and 1/2 months ago. I can see how MotorTV was trying to be witty with his post, but he should have known this was going to stir the pot. I for one am interested in the numbers the car produces, not the drama. This is the technical discussion forum. Take all the BS and slander somewhere else.

Agreed. Before I had my car dynoed and people asked me what kind of hp I am making, I would say "I have no idea, I will find that out when I dyno it". Before I took my car to the track and people asked me what kind of times I run, I would say "I have no idea, I'll let you know when I get it to the track. Now when people ask me about performance, I can tell them I laid down 257whp and run a 12.95 and I have the printout and the timeslips to back them up.

------------------
'88 GT- 257rwhp 319rwft/lbs 12.95@106.1mph

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
For those that missed it on page 4, this is his dyno graph.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006
From a thrid party looking at this, knowing nothing about cars would view it like this.

Matt H ran 11.9 with his 415WHP, and that was after a day of testing, and running in the low 12's.

motortv ran some low 12, I dont think we ever got a "best time" out of it, at his 410whp, so what could we possibly be waiting for here? the car makes less power than others that have ran faster, I dont think there is much less to test and tune here. Everyone that has ran this fast with fiero transmissions knows that 60' foots can not be pushed consistently, so I still have a hard time wondering what the original argument and what information is being withheld here?

The potatos are on the table, nobody has bothered to eat them yet.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

From a thrid party looking at this, knowing nothing about cars would view it like this.

And you appear to be a qualified third party, posting from behind the closet door.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
As a side track to the Drama in the thread. What causes the rough area in the graph at approx 4200 rpms?? I noticed it was consistent across all 3 lines.
PFF
System Bot
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
there can be a number of reasons for that rough area. Most likely IMHO is intake harmonics affecting flow into the cylinders, or exhaust harmonics. both systems are tuned and some variations are to be expected when approaching the point where they peak out and interactg with each other.
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

As a side track to the Drama in the thread. What causes the rough area in the graph at approx 4200 rpms?? I noticed it was consistent across all 3 lines.

As i posted at the top of page 8, The reason for the low hp run was to setup the new boost controller...
I was running 12 degrees total timing to keep the horse power down for the test..
In doing this a good portion of the fuel was burning in the pipes after the engine...
At about 4200 the o2 sensers became overwellemd with fuel and changed the air fuel ratio...
That is why there is a change in the curve and why i ended the run at such a low rpm...
Chuck
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funDirect Link to This Post
ahhhh, forgot this is a turbo. disregard my previous post then, only valid for n/a non ecm controlled motors.

[This message has been edited by tjm4fun (edited 01-14-2008).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
After looking the webpage over that Oreif posted and doing some other reading about the car, its a screamer. I mean with what the car has done to it, you can see it has plenty of potentional in it. I think the manuel transmission is going to be the hold back but that will only be tested once the car is tested to its full ability. I dont think the car will be a 10 second Fiero but it will be close if everything holds up for a few all out passes.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

At about 4200 the o2 sensors became overwhelmed with fuel and changed the air fuel ratio...
That is why there is a change in the curve and why i ended the run at such a low rpm...
Chuck

Thanks for the quick reply. Did the dyno run have a WB O2 setup on it?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

At about 4200 the o2 sensers became overwellemd with fuel and changed the air fuel ratio...

Chuck

100% bull. O2 sensors are not referenced at wide open.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

See Chuck, I told you that you don't know anything this closet kid knows it all.

Archie
prostreet505

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post

The only time the O2's are not referenced is when the computer is in open loop. You are getting your facts from a supercharged engine where the computer will not control fuel off of the O2 but rather a map or a maf. That is not true on a turbo engine it maintains fuel control off of the O2.
Do alittle research before making a statement that you are unsure of.
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
Some people would have known i was watching the wide band readings and when they changed i bailed on the run...
But they would have had to read the posts in this thread... lol
Hard to do from the closet....
Chuck

See Chuck, I told you that you don't know anything this closet kid knows it all.

Archie

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock