MotorTV Time Slip and Dyno Run by MotorTV
Started on: 09-27-2007 09:15 PM
Replies: 386
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 09-14-2008 07:46 AM
MotorTV

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

410hp at 12 psi does not equal 780hp at 30psi or 40 psi, its just not happening. Why post a time slip that we cant infer ANYTHING from to prove any points. There is not one data point we can pull from on there that says that car is making anything more than 300 or 400WHP, its also very hard to say it could ever run faster than a 12.3 or a 12.4. Prove anything against that and I will be surprised.

it HAS BEEN CLAIMED that this car makes 780HP, and yet he still refuses to deny it.

I will answer one stamp your feet and suck your thumb question...
I will to spell it out to you in the most simplest terms i can...
I will presume you can read, and have read this thread...
This can only meen you cannot understand it...
You or anyone else cannot tell from these how quick the car CAN go... Get it?
This thread is a tech thread, not a pissing match... if you want one of thoes go to rft..
BTW to go mid 12s takes less then 300 rwhp...
My near stock non turbo lt1 car did this with a slipping clutch...
That was 12.5 @ 118mph... Got it?
The dyno sheet was posted right here on pennoccks...
Read the thread... understand the thread... then come back and apoligize to the group..
Do you know how to dial down hp for a test? I do...
Chuck
IP: Logged
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Show me one thread in the last 3 years where the knuckledraggers have put in the effort you guys have to trash a V-6 or 4 banger thread.

Nice time period. If you had said 7 years I could probably show you a dozen or so 3800sc vs V-8 threads.

BTW, you missed the rest of what I said in your quote, which is completely true.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
if you ran 12.5 before, then why are you testing anything?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006
got another neg rating, pretty sweet, I guess you guys want me banned now ehh? I guess I was a dick to everyone on here, and never offered help in any way.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

That post showed no "grain" of thought, and was obviously a pointless bash at me. What did you even intend to mean by that? My brain cant seem to understand insults from a 2nd grader.

I’m not bashing you……….I heard someone said your brain was the size of a grain of sand., just like you heard Chuck’s car has 780 HP. I just want to know if it’s true or not. I will need proof…an x-ray or cat scan….
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

and never offered help in any way.

No, but your current attitude is rapidly destroying any good you may have done in the past.

Joe
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post

You complain about people's reading comprehension a whole lot for ignoring it yourself

Originally posted by MotorTV:
My near stock non turbo lt1 car did this with a slipping clutch...
That was 12.5 @ 118mph... Got it?

[This message has been edited by Tusch (edited 09-30-2007).]

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Hahaha.. You have sooo proved what i said a few posts up....
You had me laughing so hard i nearly spit my coffee all over the screen...
Why would you put your foot in your mouth again?
OH Nevermind... i already know...
Thanks for the laughs
Chuck
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

BTW, you missed the rest of what I said in your quote, which is completely true.

OK, I gave a 5 sentence answer to your post & you only responded to one.

Here's the other 4 you ignored, so by ignoring them you're admitting that they are true.......

That's right & you don't see me in those threads bashing & harassing people like you RFT'ers have been doing in this thread either.

We have every RFT thug in this thread by now, except Mr. Poseur & I'd suspect that he's not here because he's realized just how far out of line his statements were in the last thread.

So the only thing you guys have proven is that you can turn any thread on PFF into Trash Can material if you all act like jerks long enough.

Chuck started this thread to answer questions from the other thread without taking that thread off topic & you guys haven't even given him time to breathe.

Archie

BTW, what are you doing in this thread besides posting pics of your import?

Archie
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry, but I really think horizon is the only one being reasonable here, he has made legitimate statements and asked some serious questions. I really don't see anything wrong with asking for a dyno sheet, he hasn't demanded or been rude about it, he is just asking for claims to be backed up with some proof. You can't expect anyone to trust your help if they have no proof of your experience. I cannot find in this thread where he has made fun or been specifically rude or condescending to you, he just questioned you and the statements you've made. You have made repeated remarks containing things like "real racer" and "kid" or "kids," which are totally directed at his intelligence and experience, when we all know he is very knowledgeable and has helped almost every member on here at one point in time, and many he has several times.

Quite a few vendors and members on PFF have been rude and have gotten burned for it, but people trust Archie, Lloyd, other vendors and many members because their products/services have been proven to be successful. That was a compliment for those guys, not a bash btw

[This message has been edited by RideZiLightning (edited 09-30-2007).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

BTW, what are you doing in this thread besides posting pics of your import?

Archie

What? Me proving that I race my car? My import has too much Teknolgy, you wouldn't understand.
PFF
System Bot
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
The name of this thead is MotorTV Time Slip and DYNO RUN. If you were wanting to help, you should have just posted the chart right off the bat. I don't believe you have any room to give horizon or anyone else asking for the chart, a hard time.
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna have to disagree, because I think everyone (well the main 3-5 people involved) is just lost in being mad at this point haha. A lot of them are still making points, but everybody seems to be being rude to each other. Yes there have been condescending names (kid, real racers) and yes there have been attitude is people's post, but as far as the thread goes, its on both sides of the fence.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Ya, but like 30 negatives worth on horizons end? That sounds extremely biased to me
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:

Ya, but like 30 negatives worth on horizons end? That sounds extremely biased to me

Thats how PPF works--If you talk about certain people or vendors, you are doomed to get negatives. And it doesnt matter if you are wrong or right to most. I used to be this way but soon saw that it didnt work so I just stopped posting in Threads where I felt like someone was wrong.
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
I didn't say everybody had the same number of supporters, I just said both sides are acting with a bit of attitude, even when they are trying to be helpful
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry, but I really think horizon is the only one being reasonable here, he has made legitimate statements and asked some serious questions. I really don't see anything wrong with asking for a dyno sheet, he hasn't demanded or been rude about it, he is just asking for claims to be backed up with some proof.

Eh what claims? I mearly posted some setup run slips and proceded to explain what thay were about..

You can't expect anyone to trust your help if they have no proof of your experience. I cannot find in this thread where he has made fun or been specifically rude or condescending to you,

This thread is to show what goes on behind the sceens on setting up a car properly...
I would point out them all but that would take a few pages...

he just questioned you and the statements you've made.

What statements??

You have made repeated remarks containing things like "real racer" and "kid" or "kids," which are totally directed at his intelligence and experience, when we all know he is very knowledgeable and has helped almost every member on here at one point in time, and many he has several times.

Look at how he is behaving...

Quite a few vendors and members on PFF have been rude and have gotten burned for it, but people trust Archie, Lloyd, other vendors and many members because their products/services have been proven to be successful. That was a compliment for those guys, not a bash btw

Thanks
Chuck
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

MotorTV

260 posts
Member since Nov 2001

The name of this thead is MotorTV Time Slip and DYNO RUN. If you were wanting to help, you should have just posted the chart right off the bat. I don't believe you have any room to give horizon or anyone else asking for the chart, a hard time.

Please read the post from the begining to end...
The people who like to disrupt threads did not give me a chance...
It has been posted on this forum before and is currently on rft...
Chuck
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
The 700whatever hp claims/statements that you have made somewhere.

How can how you setup be helpful when we don't even know how much power you're actually putting out?

I already stated I don't think he has been rude, he has had a bit of an attitude, but I think that it is completely fine to be defensive or push a point, which is all he has done.
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post

RideZiLightning

1540 posts
Member since Jul 2006
The 700+ dyno chart has? If it has then you should have just reposted it earlier. We both know that would have cut this short
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

The 700whatever hp claims/statements that you have made somewhere.

How can how you setup be helpful when we don't even know how much power you're actually putting out?

I already stated I don't think he has been rude, he has had a bit of an attitude, but I think that it is completely fine to be defensive or push a point, which is all he has done.

Show me where in this thread, Witch has nothing to do with how fast my car is or the hp, I say 700 hp...
Or that i said in any other thread what hp and current et my car runs...
How much power has nothing to do with this thread...
And where have i said how to setup a fast car for the strip?
The only advice i gave to anyone was darkhorizon about wheelhop because he was confused...
Read the first post please...
Chuck
PFF
System Bot
RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I have read it multiple times, it was implied. Do I need to be extremely careful and test my car if it's equipped with a duke? Different symptoms will present themselves with different power levels.

I haven't seen you deny that you made a claim of 700+hp until just now

My thoughts about sharing knowlage are the same now as when i was pro racing
"You win on the track... not in the pits" Real racers help each other out in the pits when someone has a problem...
Like i said.. if you are setting up a car and need info to help you along, ask away

You sure sound like you are trying to give lessons or provide help, but it is useless if we do not know the specifics
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post
This thread is pointless. At first I was honestly interested in knowing how much Horsepower the car put on the Dyno, and seeing it's full capability on the track.

Instead all I caught was a trap speed I could produce in my Cobalt SS Supercharged, and a bunch of double talk about why this turbo monster wasn't ran to it's full capacity. Why even bother starting this thread? It seems like the same group of guys (Archie, DL10, etc.) sit around the campfire proposing ways to piss off the rest of the community, or shock and awe some of the stupid ones with your Super V8 knowledge, all proposed and all unproven, or unimaginably mundane.

I swear you old farts enjoy getting a rise out of the Younger, more technologically enamoured Fiero enthusiasts on this forum, just because you cannot understand it and see past your Boyd Coddington, hot rod yuppieness. It's great that all you guys are buddies, and love the SBC, but I don't think I've seen more saturated BS excuses from any other engine enthusiast group of people. Don't think I'm lumping every SBC lover into one basket (There are quite a few who have put up respectable numbers, to show what the Fiero can do with an SBC, and thankfully you know who you are.) just you few, who like I said, probably meet up at Archie's shop, 8:00 in the morning everyday, and whine about all the latest "Anti SBC" gossip being talked about on the forum.

Just give it a rest already. Archie, you ruined this thread for me, with your first post. Can no one question anymore, or are you and your buddies to much like saints on this forum? You sure act like it.

If you want real facts, dyno slips, and 1/4 Mile times that reflect one Fiero's true ability, check out Matt Hawkins Turbo 3.4 DOHC.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066752.html

The stench of arrogance is in this thread, lets hope someone opens the window before we all choke.

------------------
2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
1986 Fiero GT 2.8L 4 speed

www.purevolume.com/seanrainey

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Those of you that troll me... well... your not any help to anyone... when you grow up you may realise how stupid you look to other people...
This forum is for the exchange of information and discussion about Fieros... Not flame wars or trolling...

You were asking for trouble when you said this and you knew that. You also added to the problem you created by not trying to prevent it by posting the stupid dyno sheet.
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

I have read it multiple times, it was implied. Do I need to be extremely careful and test my car if it's equipped with a duke? Different symptoms will present themselves with different power levels.

Congratulations, you Finely got the point of this thread... Good for you...

I haven't seen you deny that you made a claim of 700+hp until just now

HUH?

My thoughts about sharing knowlage are the same now as when i was pro racing
"You win on the track... not in the pits" Real racers help each other out in the pits when someone has a problem...
Like i said.. if you are setting up a car and need info to help you along, ask away

This is my quote... don't make it part of your own...

You sure sound like you are trying to give lessons or provide help, but it is useless if we do not know the specifics

I am always glad to help.. What specific questoin about setting up a car do you have?
Chuck

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry, but I really think horizon is the only one being reasonable here, he has made legitimate statements and asked some serious questions. I really don't see anything wrong with asking for a dyno sheet, he hasn't demanded or been rude about it, he is just asking for claims to be backed up with some proof.

Okay, to be fair he has been rude..... but that's a two way street. People have been throwing gas on the fire:

Originally posted by DL10:
And it has also been claimed your brain is the size of a grain of sand...........refuse to believe it or prove different. .

Also, the only person who made any statements about the HP of Chucks car was "Fiero Thomas" in another thread and on his Fieronews(?) website: "This car is pushing 780hp at this time and is a blast"

So far, we've learned nothing about where that came from. One would assume that Chuck said that to him, but it's also inferred that he rode in the car - which Chuck has denied. So either Fiero Thomas rode in the car and talked to Chuck, or he didn't and overheard someone say "780hp" and wrote about it on his site without confirming with anybody. Either way it's like there's a giant coverup going on.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Wow this is out of hand and should be tossed to the can. OK here we go

I did not ride in the car at cthc2. I never said that I did.

I was there when HP was discussed. We talked about how the car can not be pushed at the track as you would have to put a cage in if you went below 11's I think that was the number. You have a bad ass car and the fastest f;n fiero I have seen and your work on it is awesome on it. Why can it not be left at that. Well there is always doubters to good work.

Chuck is sharing with us so let him share if he wants and if you do not know why you have gotton 20 negs darkhorizon then you have issues. You have come off like an ass through this whole thread. wheres the slip thats all you cry. I think it is great he is not posting his Dyno as it is just eating you up inside and I am laughing listening to you cry about it..
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
Ok , i got so side tracked babysitting i neglected to see the responses to my question..
To be fair to everyone i will ask it on this page...
Is anyone interisted in how a dyno is used as a tool for setup, not just for all out blasts?
The dyno sheet that i would be using has been posted before, so it is nothing new...
Chuck
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post

Ok , i got so side tracked babysitting i neglected to see the responses to my question..
To be fair to everyone i will ask it on this page...
Is anyone interisted in how a dyno is used as a tool for setup, not just for all out blasts?
The dyno sheet that i would be using has been posted before, so it is nothing new...
Chuck

I think concerning the Thread Title, people are only interested about your car's dyno numbers... we'll hear about the dyno dynamics after that is posted.

I don't think after looking at pictures of your car anyone is disputing it's potential... to be fair it's easy to call bs when someone continually resists or ducks when numbers are asked for. That's all I want to see. Then, I will ask how it's attained.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

I'm gonna have to disagree, because I think everyone (well the main 3-5 people involved) is just lost in being mad at this point haha. A lot of them are still making points, but everybody seems to be being rude to each other. Yes there have been condescending names (kid, real racers) and yes there have been attitude is people's post, but as far as the thread goes, its on both sides of the fence.

The only name calling that was done was by team knuckledrag. I have not once said anything offensive.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Wow this is out of hand and should be tossed to the can. OK here we go

I did not ride in the car at cthc2. I never said that I did.

I was there when HP was discussed. We talked about how the car can not be pushed at the track as you would have to put a cage in if you went below 11's I think that was the number. You have a bad ass car and the fastest f;n fiero I have seen and your work on it is awesome on it. Why can it not be left at that. Well there is always doubters to good work.

Chuck is sharing with us so let him share if he wants and if you do not know why you have gotton 20 negs darkhorizon then you have issues. You have come off like an ass through this whole thread. wheres the slip thats all you cry. I think it is great he is not posting his Dyno as it is just eating you up inside and I am laughing listening to you cry about it..

you sir have no clue what is going on, why are you here?

I POSTED HIS DYNO CHART OF HIM DYNO'ING 410 HP 4 DAYS AGO, ITS IN MY PHOTOBUCKET. Why am I an "ass" for this thread, please go back and read, I have not said one thing to even "ask" for anything.

This forum is so pointless, when you have guys like this...
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006
and for the retarded people that think I am "crying for a dyno sheet" here it is

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006
What I dont understand is there is 30+ people now that have neg'ed me and 3-4 people posting in this thread, I am a bit confused as to whats going on here. If you want me banned, start a thread about me and present evidence as to why I should be banned. I wont even post in it if that would make you feel better.

You might want to call in loyde at FastFieros, as he has accused me of "slander", and responded with this gem of an attack. Dan aka fieroflyer has "seen my work" and said "that it is bad work", even though I have done 3 swaps in my life, and none of them have left the country as far as I know. I know for a fact he has not seen my work, yet he slanders me in this thread.

This thread is almost impossible to read because loyde took out EVERYTHING he posted because he didnt want to get flak for it in the end. Just assume that every time he edits, it was an attack at me. He attacked me blatantly in a few other threads, pointing out that "I was just a kid" which I really could care less about. He sent me an email, that I can provide if you people wish, threatening to "deface my image" on PFF.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum8/HTML/000091.html

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 10-01-2007).]

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
First, to avoid getting bashed too badly myself, I will throw this out there:
It is a beautiful car, MotorTV. When mine is done, I want it to look just like yours...except in British Racing Green, with a mustang style rear scoop, and fastback taillights. I wasn't considering a widebody kit till I saw yours....now I have added the kit into my plans.

OK...enough of the ass-kissing. I am not interested in the arguments here, but I am interested in this thread. Why? Because like many have assumed from the subject, I am interested in seeing time slips and dyno runs on this car. I am curious as to just what it really does have in it. I am not interested in learning to set a car up to get that last 10% at the moment...I have my own experiences and techniques on that subject. I am not saying I couldn't learn more (who couldn't?), but if the purpose of this thread was to teach us to set up the car, you chose the wrong subject. I believe that posting that kind of subject, and then coming out with those time slips, was asking for trouble.

Please, please, please come back and post some true, balls-to-the-wall time slips and dyno runs when you are done with your testing and tuning. There are many of us that want to see it. Please do it safely...AFTER your testing and tuning (a good friend of mine hit a wall at about 135 mph because "it felt good going into second, so I just stayed on it" on his first run). But until the testing and tuning is done, the proper answer to "How fast will she go?" is "I don't know, I am still tuning".

Please (just one this time, it isn't as important to me), toss this thread in the trash can, and start a new thread, with a proper subject, on how to properly tune a car for the quarter mile. If I didn't have to sort thru all the childish bickering, I would probably read the whole thing, and would probably learn something (even though it would probably equate to another man's opinion on the correct way to do things).
aaronrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2007 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I'm going to hold my breath for the dyno.

There's no need to "learn the track" or "take it easy", and you can't blame it on the driver. Either it makes 700 hp or it doesn't.

This is the funniest god damned thread i have read in ages...
aaronrus

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2007 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

aaronrus

870 posts
Member since Nov 2003

I will jump in for a sec.
The winners and losers are truly showing their stuff...
The lack of knowlage and insite of a few "racers" does not suprise me at all...
Maby i should start a thread called "My 700 hp car...." so they can be at least on topic... LOL
The point of this thread is show that there is more to going fast then the kids think...
For sure you could just mash the gas and be 90 percent there.. (if the car is slow enough)
To get the other 10 takes a bit more...
I will explain this this afternoon...
btw... can anyone point out where i said how much hp i make and how quick the car is?
Or even that i was going to say in this thread...
It's not the point of this thread...
Chuck

I am beginning to think that the whole point of this thread was to cause a riot in the forums. It sure is hilarious when you have seasoned verterns like Archie getting his panties in a bunch over a weekend warrior like darkhorizon. I am not saying that I am any better, but i could care less about other people's opinions.

Despite all the talk that is going on here, I sort of agree that posting your tuning slips is kind of pointless, a built-up turbo LT1 setup isn't exactly something that has never been done before. I think the only thing that makes it unique is the fact that you put a transmission like the 282 Getrag on it, which obviously was not designed to hold that much TQ. I can certainly understand though that the spacing of the gears for that tranny makes it an ideal choice for what you are doing, however i am surprised you did not try to adapt a more rugged version of that tranny, like the 284 getrag with its equal length axle application, to mate to your engine, it has the same gearing, it is just known to handle the power better.

Anyways, test and tune away. I'll be interested to see your best runs after you have dialed in your engine efficiency to where you want it.
aaronrus

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2007 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

aaronrus

870 posts
Member since Nov 2003

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

You're right, but there was no point it changed. It started out that way.

agreed. the thread starter started it that way by stating his obvious attitude towards trolling, and then he delibertaley posted in a way that would immediately piss people off and make them want to post their opinions. The whole thinsg was a setup
aaronrus

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2007 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

aaronrus

870 posts
Member since Nov 2003

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Bwhahahahaha.

First, youv'e compared Chuck to one of Pennock's biggest loosers ever, if you had done a little research on MastertunerAkimoto you would have known that there was no comparason at all, if you don't understand the level of insult that youv'e given Chuck, I can't explain it to you. Like I said in my first post. it was and is uncalled for unnecasary and unjustifed, which birngs me to your attitude which has changed considerably weather youv'e noticed it or not others have.

When you started your first swap, you seemed like a decent sort of person. your fabrication could have been better but you provided good information. Now that you have a couple of swaps under your belt and have run high 12's you have turned into a know it all with an attitude. your attitude is becoming increasingly beligerent and overbearing. Right now I could make a comparason between you and a former Pennocks member, but I won't drop to your level.

Joe

Ahhh, so THAT's what happened to Akimoto. I wondered what happened to that guy..i know he lives in Miami because he called me one time after i posted a for sale thread for my allante engien that had one of the limited high rpm valvetrains from GM..
aaronrus

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2007 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

aaronrus

870 posts
Member since Nov 2003

thats the point archie, I dont care for advice, I never asked for it, he threw it at me to feel like he is smarter than I am, because he feels the need to demonstrate that he has a bigger e-peen than I do.

E-peen deez nuts. Stop continually losing your cool in every thread you argue with someone in. Seriously..THATS is why everyone is giving you negatives most likely, not because of having an opinion, but because you keep carrying on aimlessly.
aaronrus

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2007 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

aaronrus

870 posts
Member since Nov 2003

Originally posted by crzyone:

Why are you in this thread again? I don't see you in any other V-6 or 4 cyl thread sticking up for people. Guess getting an e-thug is one of the benefits of buying your kit.

LMFAO....This is even better than Chuck's 10-inch penis comment
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock