Started on: 09-27-2007 09:15 PM
Replies: 386
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 09-14-2008 07:46 AM
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
This has turned into a "Look how smart I am and how stupid you are thread " Grow up kids.
IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I will stand behind my transmission statements.

All I would ever expect a fiero transmission to run at the track is a 1.9 or a 2.0 60'. I have too much experience running 1.7's and breaking diffs. My auto runs low 1.8's and I know its straining, and wheel hoping, and I know that it will easily handle faster 60's than the manual trans.

Possible does not mean practical. Next time quote my entire statement, I clearly said it was a matter of reliability and not actual gearing/horsepower. I clarified this by saying what I have HANDS ON EXPERIENCE with, oreif just looked around on the internets for his "proof".

edit for this

This has turned into a "Look how smart I am and how stupid you are thread " Grow up kids.

the technical term is "e-peen".

http://www.urbandictionary....fine.php?term=e-peen

motor TV is obviously trying to prove he has a big e-peen, or at least he has excuses to justify it?

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 09-28-2007).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I will stand behind my transmission statements.

And here they are in full sentences:

You are not going to get faster than a 1.9 60 and still hope to have a transmission, it just is NOT happening, I have seen more than a few break lets just put it that way.

a 2.0 launch is plenty respectable for that transmission, your not going to get that any faster anyway, no matter what sort of horsepower your running, so other than that, he ran his car as hard as he could then.

All I would ever expect a fiero transmission to run at the track is a 1.9 or a 2.0 60'. I have too much experience running 1.7's and breaking diffs. My auto runs low 1.8's and I know its straining, and wheel hoping, and I know that it will easily handle faster 60's than the manual trans.

Possible does not mean practical. Next time quote my entire statement, I clearly said it was a matter of reliability and not actual gearing/horsepower. I clarified this by saying what I have HANDS ON EXPERIENCE with, oreif just looked around on the internets for his "proof".

I am sorry but I could not find any post in this thread where you discuss reliability, gearing, or horsepower with repect to the transaxle.

I did not search the internet, I looked in the 1/4 mile thread for Fiero's with getrag's pulling a faster than 2.0 60' time and noted the member who posted the timeslip.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/034445.html
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

You're right, but there was no point it changed. It started out that way.
Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
archie... i really dont care what you say to me...so say what you want because im not here to get your approval.

MotorTV... still waiting......

[This message has been edited by Coinage (edited 09-28-2007).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the lesson oreif.

I will try to explain myself a bit more completely next time, in one post if it will make you happy.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Wow the pot has been turned up a bit. Look Chuck and Archie I buy into what you are totally doing with this car and the ones that you build Archie.. The tune and run is very important. Who would take the chance of blowing there motor because they did not test it well enoug. But like you said it does not matter what you type here there are always going to be doubters. And they are wrong about this car 100%. Chuck keep up the good work and you know what. Don't post a dyno sheet and lets see how much more b!tching that they can do. I bet you have them to the point of a heart attack at this point and the stress is killing them. This crap is all that goes on on RFT. Shawnbag is the one that starts the posts and the only responses are from himself because nobody gives a $hit. See you at the next meet.

Great work Chuck! Awesome Car
Great work Archie! Great Fabricator
Rock on Orif! Just a guy I know

------------------
Fiero Thomas
85 Fiero GT
86 Fiero GT
88 Formula T-Top C+C # 1239 of 1252, Build Digit 26,224 of 26,402
NIFE Member
Fiero News dot net

MotorTV

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Some people got it, and some will never get it...

If you look at the time slips you will see that the runs were for testing only...
As moust of you know i have just completed a major change to the car...
It is more then looks... The car now runs on 315/25-19 tires in the rear...
This may not sound like a big change , But think of what changes when you move the tire patch out six inches and in three inches..
You have more leverage on the a arms, bushings, links, springs and other components..
This effects the way a car will react under race conditions as well as on the street..
For a stock or mildly warmed over car this is not a big issue..
For higher hp cars this becomes a very big issue..
For the people that want to get thet last 10 percent , this is why you test under controlled conditions...
This is how the runs went and why....
The first thing to look at is the 60 foot time..
This shows that this is not a hard launch...
The reason for this and no burnout (not shown on time slip) it to keep the tires as slick as possible...
At 100 feet or so out the VHT thins out and the test starts...
A hard hit in second gear to 6000 rpm followed by a short hit in third, then letting conpleatly off the gas without putting the clutch in... Test ends, drive to end of track at a safe speed to get out of the way of other racers testing...
Sounds kinda strange doesn't it...
This test is very common for a new setup...
The reason not to do a blast run is to test at a sane speed if somthing goes wrong ... plenty of time for blasting on race day...
If you have any problems at a 2-3 run they will only get worse at higher speeds..
Here is what i am looking at..
Does the car go straight or pitch when forward loaded?
Suspension or cradle flex causes this
Can you feel any twist in the steering wheel?
one wheel biting harder then the other causes this
Does the car squat too much?
Spring rate and shock dampening rates
Does the car squat too little?
See above
Does front end feel to light?
Suspension setup
Does front end feel to heavy?
See above
Does it lean over to one side?
Tires not tracking corectly

The most importent thing to look for when backing off the gas is snap steer...
All the parts unload at once and load in the other direction...

Gee.. Lots of things going on in a little time...
This is a little diferent then what the mash the gas and go guys do...
You are not looking for a bullet run, this is testing a new setup... Hence the name "Test and tune day"
Only one step of many to go that last ten percent...
Chuck
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
Cool so i did learn some thing today,,thx for sharing..

By the way is ur cooler air or liquid cooled???

more questions will follow by ur answer............
LOL,,by the way my YAHOO RACER IS FASTER
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
My car doesnt do any of those things, and I run high 12's.
Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post

Ok, you may disagree with the man and how he is engaging you or whatever, but that comment has absolutely no value. it is merely calling bs on something he clearly is thinking through quite a lot. Whether you think he is right or not, isn't the point, that was just an ass comment.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

You run high 12s going for broke. He runs high 12s coasting for 1/8th of a mile.

Besides, there's faster cars out there. There's ALWAYS someone faster. This isn't about them - or YOU. It's about Chuck, his car, and his methods.
He didn't tell you how to setup your car, so kindly STFU and let him tell us how he does his.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
the fiero I raced when I ran high 12's, had stock tires and suspension, ran a 1.9 60', and still ran an 11, not "letting out of it".

he also trapped 100 in the 1/8th.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

I think you missed the point. It isn't that his car does or does not do those things, But rather he did not know if the car did any of those and he needed to check it out under a controlled test/run.

Your car may not do any of the things Chuck listed, but didn't you state above that on your auto running low 1.8's was straining and wheel hopping?
Wheel hopping is when the torque is fighting the suspension which is trying to keep the tires on the ground to gain traction. If you were to modify your suspension and reduced the wheel hopping you would then reduce the shock loading on the trans and axles. For discussion sake, Let's say you were to add nitrous to your car. You would effectively increase power and torque. With the greater increase in torque, You are going to increase the force of the wheel hop the car already has. This would put more strain on the transaxle which would most likely kill it quickly. Now modify the suspension and do a few "tune" runs to get the feel of how much gas (and clutch if it was a manual) to give it at the launch. (which will change with increased power.) This will then reduce the wheel hop resulting in a smoother and quicker launch giving you a better 60' time and turning a faster 1/4 mile time. Also with the wheel hop reduced, you would now be able to put more power thru the transaxle and to the ground.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-29-2007).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

My auto runs low 1.8's and I know its straining, and wheel hoping, ....

Thou hast pwned thyself with thine own bullshiat.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Thou hast pwned thyself with thine own bullshiat.

I dont understand why you are pointing this crap out to me? Why do you think i dont remember what I say?

oreif, why would I post that I wheel hopped if I didnt know what it is? Congrats your schooling me on what my car does.... Unfortunatly there is almost nothing you can do at the track anyway to dial wheel hop on or off, and you know it. In my case it was track conditions, as it promptly cleared up after my run with wheel hop, but my times didnt get faster because I was fighting to find a threshold to launch at, that I never found.
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

I dont understand why you are pointing this crap out to me? Why do you think i dont remember what I say?

oreif, why would I post that I wheel hopped if I didnt know what it is? Congrats your schooling me on what my car does.... Unfortunatly there is almost nothing you can do at the track anyway to dial wheel hop on or off, and you know it. In my case it was track conditions, as it promptly cleared up after my run with wheel hop, but my times didnt get faster because I was fighting to find a threshold to launch at, that I never found.

Track conditions have little to do with wheel hop...
Here is a few tips that may help you out...
For a 12 sec car , the first thing to do is to replace the rear struts... They most likley are worn out...
Wheel hop is caused by too much squat on the launch or wornout suspension components...
If you have coilover rear struts, you can try giving the spring ajusters a turn or two down to add more preload...
I hope this gives you some insite at what to look for to solve the problem...
Chuck
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunatly there is almost nothing you can do at the track anyway to dial wheel hop on or off, and you know it. In my case it was track conditions, as it promptly cleared up after my run with wheel hop, but my times didnt get faster because I was fighting to find a threshold to launch at, that I never found.

You are correct that once at the track you cannot dial wheel hop on or off. The point is you went to the track, made a few runs, and now you know that something needs to be done to reduce wheel hop on your car. That is the reason of a "Test and Tune" night and why Chuck did some test runs.
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
WOW! after all of the friendly literary hand shaking I've read I'm afraid to ask but here goes, can someone provide me with a link to pictures of the car? I thought about a turbo V8 Fiero but let go of the idea a long time ago but would still like to see one.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

motortunerTVakimoto

Wow, just wow. In the cheap shot insult of the year award, we have a winner or is that LOOSER, That was uncalled for, unnecasary, and just plain unjustifed!!! What a hypacrite, In one post your telling Archie to stop insulting people and in a latter post you throw down the worst insult Iv'e seen here in years, take your homebrew 3800sc and do 12's all day for all I care, Chuck is taking a methodical approch to going much faster and I'm sure he'll get there safely.

Chuck Keep up the good work!

BTW Dark, that insult has gotten you at least one nice red neg.

When things go wrong,
don't follow them. Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 09-29-2007).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post

There's a lot of attacking going on in this thread, but the two posts you referred to in this post weren't aggressive, attacking, or caustic. Actually they were quite calm and seemed to be only advice, stop arguing for arguments sake.
PFF
System Bot
hatchetrider84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hatchetrider84Click Here to visit hatchetrider84's HomePageSend a Private Message to hatchetrider84Direct Link to This Post
my GT cut a 2.087 60' with stock tires, 4.10 4cyl trans and cut springs

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
I'd say he's trying to dial in his car for a full run without exchanging paint with the barriers
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

There's a lot of attacking going on in this thread, but the two posts you referred to in this post weren't aggressive, attacking, or caustic. Actually they were quite calm and seemed to be only advice, stop arguing for arguments sake.

Don't throw water on this thread!

Gasoline, get your gasoline here!
(stated in baseball game peanut vendor voice)

Hey buddy, you got a match?

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joseph Upson:

can someone provide me with a link to pictures of the car?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/064001-13.html
It is the red notchback widebody. Pics start around page 12, but I think you will find the best pics on page 13 that the link goes to.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Why was this thread even created? Its tinder for a flame fest. A few time slips which are not especially fast off the line or trap speed. Can't see what you learned except your brief time spent at WOT in the 1/8 mile.

Need a dyno and real time slips for people to respect the car. A turbo 383 LT1 should be able to make big power, why not prove it?

I can't see the function or practicality of a "700+hp" fiero. Can't use the power, especially with a super high torque turbo 383. Going to have a hard time keeping a drivetrain in that thing.

I'm not flaming you. There have been many other threads with people claiming big numbers on a dyno or the strip with no proof that have also ended up badly.

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic
3.4 dohc Install
Sub Install
Northstar Install

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

I can't see the function or practicality of a "700+hp" fiero. Can't use the power, especially with a super high torque turbo 383. Going to have a hard time keeping a drivetrain in that thing.

It is a very nice car with the way it looks and the setup that you are running. But after some much HP, then its just wasting money for any other reason besides being able to say my car makes this amount of HP. I mean when making that much HP, there is usually a reason for it, like the 1/4 mile or some type of racing where you are trying to get from point A to point B the fastest. So my question is --What is the purpose of building your 700 HP Fiero?

Like the post I quoted, I am not flaming or trying to start trouble in any way. I like the car and the setup that you are running, well except for the trans.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I want to know why I got 20+ neg's for this thread
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

I want to know why I got 20+ neg's for this thread

Are you so dense that you need it explained to you???

Joe
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
how is comparing this guy to someone else the makes big claims and never backs them up with proof an insult that deserves a neg? If the person i compared him to made claims with a 383 instead of whatever junk he talked about, would he get the same defense? It seems that if I tried pulling what motorTV did, then would I get caught in a slew of negs too.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

how is comparing this guy to someone else the makes big claims and never backs them up with proof an insult that deserves a neg? If the person i compared him to made claims with a 383 instead of whatever junk he talked about, would he get the same defense? It seems that if I tried pulling what motorTV did, then would I get caught in a slew of negs too.

Its the way you are comparing this guy to someone else. Its the whole tone/way you go about it and then with your post from other Threads, it all builds up. I used to call people out and have fun with it but in the end, nothing came of it. Let people claim what they want, do what they want and say what they want, its not going to hurt you in anyway. If its true, then great, if its not, then who cares.

I still dont see the point to this Thread myself being it doesnt matter if the car makes 200 HP or 700 HP. To me it almost looks like it was started to start a flame Thread but then again, doesnt really matter. Its a nice car with what looks to be a high HP setup in it that could possibly be fast but no one will really know until its taken down the strip with a purpose.
PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Let people claim what they want, do what they want and say what they want, its not going to hurt you in anyway. If its true, then great, if its not, then who cares.

This is the only forum I belong to where you can get away with this. I'm not sure why people put up with it. If you say your car makes X amount of power, be prepared to back it up.

My $0.02
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
O well, we know the rating system is lame anyway, I dont think anyone deserves a neg for trying to converse with someone. Just because they dont agree with me doesnt give grounds for a "warning" against what I am doing. Nothing about this has been a real flame war, the facts are quite clear, my friends act as outside viewers of this thread are they are baffled that this motorTV guy even bothered to post up anything, it was a blatent "bait" for a flame war. Any flame war involving v8's on PFF end it the labeled "V8 hater" with a pile of neg ratings regardless of who makes a better point.

Again, discussion is hardly grounds for neg ratings IMO, the system was in place to self moderated from trolls and users that abuse and flame about things. I dont think I have flamed anyone here, although some point out I have stepped on toes and argued some things, its still within grounds of an adult conversation. Its just really strange set of circumstances to me, the way I see things is as follows. motorTV got called out on what he advertised as a 700HP fiero with a manual trans. He tried defending that "call out" with this thread, which really just confirmed any of the doubts pointed out in the other "call out" thread. The "v8 hater group" including myself pointed this out in this thread, and then the negs flew at me, after he posted why he cant run a decent time at the track, or make it appear that his car is even close to what he claims it is.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

This is the only forum I belong to where you can get away with this. I'm not sure why people put up with it. If you say your car makes X amount of power, be prepared to back it up.

My $0.02

IIRC, the comment about the horsepower that was being "called out" was not made on the forum. Someone overheard it in person, then started posting about it here.
I'm all for people proving their claims. I also understand the difference between a car that is still being dialed in and one that's fully completed and tuned.

I don't know of any forum that's going to follow you around at a show to video tape your conversations with the intent of making you prove it later on the forum. Well, until now, apparently.

Chuck is talking about his methods setting up his car. You don't have to agree with his methods or like it. If you've thrown an engine in a car and decide to wail on it without any shake down runs or tuning, that's your prerogative. Chuck chooses a more methodical approach.
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
i guess some people will never understand,i guess thats how the world works
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Why was this thread even created? Its tinder for a flame fest. A few time slips which are not especially fast off the line or trap speed. Can't see what you learned except your brief time spent at WOT in the 1/8 mile.

Take the time to read the thread... the point is well explained... just read it and you might get some insite in what real racers have to go through and why...
Chuck
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Real racers? Do you consider yourself one? How many 1/4 mile runs does it require to be a "real racer"?

I race my GTR at the 1/4 mile and auto x. Am I a real racer?

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 09-30-2007).]

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

It is a very nice car with the way it looks and the setup that you are running. But after some much HP, then its just wasting money for any other reason besides being able to say my car makes this amount of HP. I mean when making that much HP, there is usually a reason for it, like the 1/4 mile or some type of racing where you are trying to get from point A to point B the fastest. So my question is --What is the purpose of building your 700 HP Fiero?

Like the post I quoted, I am not flaming or trying to start trouble in any way. I like the car and the setup that you are running, well except for the trans.

This i kinda funny... At no time did i say i was running 700 hp on the street... The trans won't take it... although i have had a six speed ready to go in for some time, it has not been needed...
Again , the point of this thread has nothing to do with how much hp or how quick my car is...
Chuck
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MotorTV:

Again , the point of this thread has nothing to do with how much hp or how quick my car is...
Chuck

There is no point to this thread.

MotorTV Time Slip and Dyno Run

Lets see real times on those slips and some dyno runs.

I really want to see what your car can do, genuinely. If its set up right I imagine it will be stupid fast. I think the car looks good and well put together. I knew from the first post that this thread was going to go south.
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2007 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ducattiman:

i guess some people will never understand,i guess thats how the world works

I have made that very same point in this thread... But i keep trying...
I hope the info i gave darkhorizon on his wheel hop problem helps him out..
As i am always happy to help...
Remember, i did not go into a full tech answer but this should point him in the right direction...
Chuck

Edit because i quoted the wrong post...

[This message has been edited by MotorTV (edited 09-30-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay