Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. by maryjane
Started on: 04-21-2016 01:31 PM
Replies: 505 (10597 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-04-2024 09:44 AM
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ethiopian Airlines B777 cargo fire while loading at Pudong airport.
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Found this liitle guy today

Bass bait!!

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Bass bait!!

Can't you just use a worm?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2020 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A poor little defenseless worm?

What would all the lizards eat?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A peaceful evening near Frazee MN the other night.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What would all the lizards eat?

Tokyo!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36402 posts
Member since Apr 99

The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread.

Back on topic... does my cat count?

She keeps me company in the back yard while I work on my cars. And she totally decimates the local rodent population.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sunset on the way into Xian. Those rocks are over 10,000 feet.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2020 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to fire the Blazer up and this guy was in the door jamb. Relocated him to the nearest Oak tree

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-20-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2020 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I am seeing today is my waistline expanding even more !!! Picked up one of these, and while I love the thing its just TOO easy to pop on a burger or sausage snack.. I pay $10 for a bag of 15 burger patties or 20 hot sausages. THIS thing is going to get expensive !!

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2020 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
And just so you guys have something to dream about tonight......

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2020 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

A peaceful evening near Frazee MN the other night.

When I see this, the first thing I want to do is dress up like a zombie, start moaning, and eerily shamble up to your campfire from out of the fog... hahaha!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2020 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've heard of the 'calm before the storm'?
Here's where that phrase comes from.

We are but a fw hours from landfall of hurricane Laura, and as almost always, right before a storm, the sunset and sunrise are especially impressive. Sunset today:
Looking West:

panorama of the same above:

180 looking directly East at the same time as above:

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-26-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2020 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Went to fire the Blazer up and this guy was in the door jamb. Relocated him to the nearest Oak tree

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Great camouflage!

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

"Orange Skies... Nothing but Orange Skies do I see..."

I think of Wednesday, September 9, 2020, as The Day Without Sun.

That's a photograph looking towards the Golden Gate Bridge (I think) that connects San Francisco with the land to the north, on the other side of the San Francisco Bay.

I don't know the time of day for the photograph. If it was anything like it was here, close to San Jose, it could have been anytime during the day. From sunrise to sunset the sky was overcast with an orange-tinted haze from horizon to horizon. It seemed more like night than day. It never seemed to get any brighter outside, even as the morning gave way to afternoon. There were reports of people being momentarily confused, upon awakening, whether the time on their 12-hour clock was AM or PM. One father with a planetary sense of humor told his children that their neighborhood had been transported to the planet Mars during the night.

It's the wildfires (of course) combined with winds that pushed the smoke to lower altitude as it moved it into the Bay Area.

Thursday was kind of like Wednesday.

I guess this is "cheating" because I did not take that photograph (it's from the LA Times) but I think the exceptionality of this report makes it excusable for me.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-11-2020).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why are leaves falling at the beginning of Spring?

(I do not have that specific problem for obvious reasons)

Looks like what I call helicopter seeds.
(Flashback to page 1)

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-11-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
That was a joke. A gag. A gotcha.

I hope it's not something I already did in the first seven pages of this thread, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2020 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New Meat, or in this case KC46's By the way they are nicknamed "Pegasus"

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2020 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did they fix the remote visual system?
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2020 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

"Orange Skies... Nothing but Orange Skies do I see..."

I think of Wednesday, September 9, 2020, as The Day Without Sun.

That's a photograph looking towards the Golden Gate Bridge (I think) that connects San Francisco with the land to the north, on the other side of the San Francisco Bay.

I don't know the time of day for the photograph. If it was anything like it was here, close to San Jose, it could have been anytime during the day. From sunrise to sunset the sky was overcast with an orange-tinted haze from horizon to horizon. It seemed more like night than day. It never seemed to get any brighter outside, even as the morning gave way to afternoon. There were reports of people being momentarily confused, upon awakening, whether the time on their 12-hour clock was AM or PM. One father with a planetary sense of humor told his children that their neighborhood had been transported to the planet Mars during the night.

It's the wildfires (of course) combined with winds that pushed the smoke to lower altitude as it moved it into the Bay Area.

Thursday was kind of like Wednesday.

I guess this is "cheating" because I did not take that photograph (it's from the LA Times) but I think the exceptionality of this report makes it excusable for me.

Yesterday, it was very hazy and overcast here....or so I thought. This morning, watching the local TV news, I learned that it is smoke from California. Four years ago, you guys tried to force Hillary on us, and now once again, you are blowing smoke up our azure skies. Cut it out, man!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-12-2020).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2020 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Great camouflage!

Not so good on my vehicles though
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beef hot pot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While out trying to find a flu vaccine (not available) I found this shopping center called Archway. Where did they get this name?

These two are eyeballing each other for customers.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006

I think the curler is part of her look 👀
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same thing I've been seeing/working on for many weeks now. USDA/Texas Dept of Ag statistics

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Same thing I've been seeing/working on for many weeks now. USDA/Texas Dept of Ag statistics

Yeah mostly just watching for emails and working.
Not much else we can do.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Part of Shanghai. That’s Hongqaio Airport with the bright light outline.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 10-20-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Williegoat is a piccolo player?
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Williegoat is a piccolo player?

That is a flute. I got it a few months ago and used it here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/125461.html

It is very different from anything else I have ever played, except maybe a beer bottle. If you don't get the embouchure exactly right, you get no sound at all. The good thing is it is not a transposing instrument.

I am just about done with another song and will post it soon.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Part of Shanghai. That’s Hongqaio Airport with the bright light outline.

That is a cool photo. So much light pollution.

My contribution.

Caterpillar mid metamorphosis. Found it in my parents yard where my dad was burning leaves- it is burnt some
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather made a big change over the weekend, from 100o last week to a high of 70o and windy. The birds were out in droves on my bicycle ride.

Today I saw a kingfisher, an osprey, a raven, a northern harrier, a hummingbird, a blue heron and several red tailed hawks.

One of the hawks flew right across my path, flared his wings, turned upwind and came to a complete stop, hovering in mid air no more than 15-20 yards away. Beautiful!
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2020 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Merry Christmas!

North of Beijing today

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 12-16-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Santa works on Christmas. He has a nice tailwind.

I have to get better with my picture posts. I will fix the orientation later.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 12-24-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
I will fix the orientation later.

Your a pilot, ?

MERRY CHRISTMAS !
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I was. Turns out I am actually an idiot. Damn
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-24-2020 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're
Your
Urineses

You'll hear the last one spoken in rural areas. Is that trailer urineses?
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2020 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Christmas Day, 2020.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-25-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock