Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. by maryjane
Started on: 04-21-2016 01:31 PM
Replies: 505 (10597 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-04-2024 09:44 AM
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2019 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look who parked next to me in Dalian. I didn't see the short round One. He doesn't fly.
IP: Logged
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2019 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Look who parked next to me in Dalian. I didn't see the short round One. He doesn't fly.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/p-671
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought Short Round had to borrow an airplane from some other nation every time he went very far...no?
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2019 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot about the meeting in Singapore. He rode an Air China B747.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2019 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Life goes on here...

Water rats rebuilt their lodge after I burned it to the waterline when the pond was lower.. The only reason the water is as high as it is in this picture is because they have yet again dammed up a major drain that by design, sets max pond level several ft lower than it is now. I'll be tearing that dam out today and setting a couple of conibears in the approach to it.

Doing some dirt work to get down to the iron ore/gravel/sand mix to fix my road.

A different sacrificial spoil area I'm digging from, that the material is good for nothing other than fillin in holes..I'm using it to raise the dam level a bit but mostly to cover the roots that were exposed during the Great Flood of 2017 when water went over thedam and washed off some of the soil. Got tired of bouncing my kidneys around when driving the tractor or truck across the dam.

A few people here will understand what this is and why it happens. Among my least favorite things to have to do.

Ater being flooded multiple times, it looks like they've abandoned this one, at least temporarily.

And, the never ending battle against the true and uncontested apex predators here in my county.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-05-2019).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2019 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And, we will see what tomorrow morning brings....
unlocked, cocked loaded..........

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2019 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headed back to Shanghai this morning. Packed these beauties. Crew meals are even worse than pax meals. This should help

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2019 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Oooh, check this out. I have my own apartment.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2019 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You ride & drive some fancy aircraft Capt Hudini. Always look forward to your pictures and posts..get a different view and prospective of things in Asia than is available otherwise.
Closer to home...the beavers done put a cross up to memorialize their fallen comrades I suppose...

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2019 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

You ride & drive some fancy aircraft Capt Hudini. Always look forward to your pictures and posts..get a different view and prospective of things in Asia than is available otherwise.

Agreed.
Thanx, Hudini!

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas from Hotel Phnom Penh.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 12-26-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting..... Phnom Penh means "City of the Brahma's Faces"...
Here's what shows up when I view Hudini's latest post:

Is that particular ad there because of Hudini's post or because it 'followed me' from a cattle board?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very interesting..... Phnom Penh means "City of the Brahma's Faces"...
Here's what shows up when I view Hudini's latest post:
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Is that particular ad there because of Hudini's post or because it 'followed me' from a cattle board?

I am not seeing that ad. Right now I've got ads for Big O tires and Van Huesen shirts.
But I did post a pick of a Brahma cow a few pages back in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/116183-4.html#p128

I imagine that the city's name might come from the belief that Brahma, the Hindu god of creation, has four faces.

edit: I looked it up. It seems that the old name "Krong Chatomok Serei Mongkol" meant City of Brahma's faces. The new name means Penh's hill, after a lady who built a temple on the hill.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 12-26-2019).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your Brahma...slang for Bos indicus...looks more like Nellore.
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2019 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A few people here will understand what this is and why it happens. Among my least favorite things to have to do.

Barbed wire out of a bush hog... Good times..
Pretty sure some cuss words in the common lexicon were invented because of that.
The best ones are when it's your own fence you hit and you have to fix it too

~Tyler
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-27-2019 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 12-27-2019).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-27-2019 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2019 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody visiting Hawaii?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2019 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you.
Did/do you ever fly a simulator for work/fun?

How did you get started on your path?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-29-2019).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-30-2019 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's left of my neighbors garage after last nights wind storm. It went over 100 feet.

Mine tied to the house is just fine. They both started the night identical but 300 feet apart.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2019 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Pretty sure Hudini has stated he is former military aviation.

PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2020 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I have simulator training every 6 months. It’s nothing but emergency after emergency. You don’t want to see a real emergency for the first time with passengers on board. It’s painful but necessary.

I’m an ex fighter pilot from the USAF. I was very lucky to be in the right place during the Reagan build up in the early 80’s. I went ROTC and was chosen for pilot training. These days it’s mostly Air Force Academy folks who get selected.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2020 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well tonight I got very close to the North Korea border. It’s a new route from Harbin and comes within a few miles of the round one’s territory.

(Anyone know how I can turn these images to the correct orientation?)

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 01-02-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well tonight I got very close to the North Korea border. It’s a new route from Harbin and comes within a few miles of the round one’s territory.

(Anyone know how I can turn these images to the correct orientation?)

I dunno...they look fine to me....

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's funny. I posted the pics with my phone and can't figure out how to reorient them.

The next picture is the new LEAP-1A engine. This engine is huge compared to the CFM 56-5B4 engines on the older A320s. The bottom cowling has been flattened to get more ground clearance but it's still 5 inches lower than the older engine. Fuel flows are 25% better also.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday, I drove in an 8' tee post and set a game cam up at the end of a little peninsula hoping to get some pics of the beavers to gage how many I have left.
One beaver so far anda couple other interesting pictures. beaver. You can see the trail, where the beavers have been moving back and forth going to their lodge from the water tho. Lodge is just out of view to the left in these pictures.
And yes..those temps are correct.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-27-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue Heron? Those things can get pretty big.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, this one is a juvenile Great Blue Heron.

I am hoping to get a picture of an alligator on the same camera..I saw a small one today..about 3, maybe 4' long.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Standing in front of the new LEAP-1A

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Standing in front of the new LEAP-1A

Those are some wild looking fan blades.

I haven't read up on them yet. Is the tip shape for increased thrust or reduced noise...or both?
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Leap has 32k lbs thrust vs 25k for the CFM56. It has half the fan blades at 18 vs 36. It has 25% better fuel economy too. I think the fan is much more efficient but it’s also much bigger. It makes the strangest sound when spooling up but sounds normal at speed.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 03-30-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Leap has 32k lbs thrust vs 25k for the CFM56. It has half the fan blades at 18 vs 36. It has 25% better fuel economy too. I think the fan is much more efficient but it’s also much bigger. It makes the strangest sound when spooling up but sounds normal at speed.

Thanks.

Civil aviation "leaf blowers" were not my job. I spent a good part of my civilian career as an aerospace engineer, (Pratt & Whitney Government Engine Business R&D), developing military jet engines and rocket motors so I now have more questions to go research on that engine.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-30-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a tiny flower in my backyard, a weed really, and brought it inside to take a picture.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I found a tiny flower in my backyard, a weed really, and brought it inside to take a picture.

I see you have found the allusive 5G seed pod
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

a pod......it will snatch your body while you sleep

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a pod......it will snatch your body while you sleep

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-09-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2020 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't touch the Blazer until these little guys leave the nest.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this liitle guy today
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock