Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'What I'm Seeing Today' thread. by maryjane
Started on: 04-21-2016 01:31 PM
Replies: 505 (10594 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-04-2024 09:44 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2016 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Why are leaves falling at the beginning of Spring?

I have no idea, but here (in this part of Washington State), it goes on pretty much year around...

P.S. Those aren't leaves, exactly. They are those "helicopter seeds" things. But there is ALWAYS something being released from the trees around here...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-25-2016).]

IP: Logged
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

(I do not have that specific problem for obvious reasons)

No doubt.
But with the recent amount of water you've got laying around, you might want to consider installing a beach!
Of course, you will need to update your footwear:

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

No doubt.
But with the recent amount of water you've got laying around, you might want to consider installing a beach!
Of course, you will need to update your footwear:

I have a beach--a nice wide sandbar down on the river, but as far as your suggested footwear........
1. Ssssserpentsss. Venomous ssserpentsss.
2. I'd have to buy a pair of boots 3 sizes smaller than my foot.
3. I'd have to move clean out of the state to be able to wear those in public.

I'm thinking more of going Hispanic, knocking the heels off & taking up water skiing..

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-25-2016).]

FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Jealousy is getting the best of me with that pic..........

Was seriously looking at getting an RV with slide outs, wanted to cut a door way in the back side of the slide out and then install a ramp so I could put my Valkyrie up in the slide out. Was a decent plan but, no one makes a slide out wide enough for the Valkyrie.

So, I just bought a fifth wheel with the ramp in back.......... The slide out idea would have been much more efficient had it worked out.

Yeah, I thought about the toy hauler, but it's nice to have the other beds at the opposite end away from ours, (for obvious reasons). Still breaks the mood though when your daughter asks you in the middle of the night, "Who's shaking the camper?" Anyway, I can still put the bike in the back of the truck.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took this April 26th right before I came home. It's at Shanghai Pudong airport.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
This I took en route to Nagoya, Japan on April 25th. The flight takes me to within about 120 nautical miles of Pyongyang, North Korea. It just so happened that day the Dear Leader decided to test a missile from a sub. Didn't see it. Don't really want to either.

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Assateague Island - May 2nd. I could get used to waking up to this everyday!!!!!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

Assateague Island - May 2nd. I could get used to waking up to this everyday!!!!!

When I was 12 years old (1967) and living in Silver Spring, we went there to see the horses.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I took this April 26th right before I came home. It's at Shanghai Pudong airport.

What astonishingly beautiful weather!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2016 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The view from where I take my break on my daily bicycle ride:

The background music is me on guitar and bass, the drums are synthesized.
PFF
System Bot
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Near the radio site on White Tanks there was a sign pointing to a trail to "Silver Springs". After a quarter mile or so there were a couple of car springs half buried in the ground that were painted silver. It was a running joke among the tech's that visited the site. I wonder if they are still there?

I've seen a few deer up there in the spring time. There is running water and a small waterfall there sometimes in the County Park but it quickly disappears underground. Lots of Indian hieroglyphics on the rocks near the stream.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

What astonishingly beautiful weather!

Oh, let me show you the good stuff. This was taken December 9th, 2015 at Tianjin airport. This is the city where that huge explosion from the illegal chemical storage occurred. Do you see the vague outline of the tall skinny tower?

This picture was taken December 10th, 2015. It's the control tower. And it's not that far away. Fog? Smoke? Nope, smog. Air pollution so thick you can taste it.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this earlier in the week, will start cleanup and repair of it tomorrow. (if cardio appointment doesn't take too long)

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would appear you have sufficient nesting and building materials for birds, beavers and anything else that should choose to reside with in the county, Your local wildlife thank you.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Definition of a home owner, "see the door threshold, without my permission, there and no futher.......

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, wel, it's pushing the fence over and next flood will finish it off if I on't get over there and pull it on my side of the fence. Al that crap came from my brother's property when he had some trees cut up and piled and didn't burn it. Until I get a gate way put in, I can't get over there without just cutting the fence and I don't really want to cut the fence. Rained today so I won't be able to get to putting in a gate till tomorrow or Saturday.
That high tensile Bakaert gaucho wire (Made in Ky, USA) may give a little but won't stretch all out like that low carbon Red Brand does. Lots of eople hate hi tensile because it's so stiff, unforgiving, and hard to work with but I won't use anything else.

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My excitement for the day was riding the Metra...

...and spotting a balloon on my way to work.

FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, this is a 2 hour youtube video loop with sound also. Not sure if it's helping or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBa-e45o6eM
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, let me show you the good stuff. This was taken December 9th, 2015 at Tianjin airport. This is the city where that huge explosion from the illegal chemical storage occurred. Do you see the vague outline of the tall skinny tower?

This picture was taken December 10th, 2015. It's the control tower. And it's not that far away. Fog? Smoke? Nope, smog. Air pollution so thick you can taste it.

One should consider the question, was this trip really necessary?

My BIL works for Cummins and spends a lot of time in China and the far east, he has some sinus sensitivities. Always comes back messed up and can't breath for weeks, then turns around and goes back,

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Definition of a home owner, "see the door threshold, without my permission, there and no futher.......

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, wel, it's pushing the fence over and next flood will finish it off if I on't get over there and pull it on my side of the fence. Al that crap came from my brother's property when he had some trees cut up and piled and didn't burn it. Until I get a gate way put in, I can't get over there without just cutting the fence and I don't really want to cut the fence. Rained today so I won't be able to get to putting in a gate till tomorrow or Saturday.
That high tensile Bakaert gaucho wire (Made in Ky, USA) may give a little but won't stretch all out like that low carbon Red Brand does. Lots of eople hate hi tensile because it's so stiff, unforgiving, and hard to work with but I won't use anything else.

Time for a flame thrower!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I considered burning it in place, but the heat would ruin the wire
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I considered burning it in place, but the heat would ruin the wire

Saw that done once, I got paid to help rebuild that fence. Told them not to do it before they spread out the kerosene. They didn't listen.

------------------
Ron

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

One should consider the question, was this trip really necessary?

My BIL works for Cummins and spends a lot of time in China and the far east, he has some sinus sensitivities. Always comes back messed up and can't breath for weeks, then turns around and goes back,

I'm not Hudini, but I'll try to answer in his absence.
Probably pretty necessary for Hudini to present for the trip, considering he's the driver of the plane. (Commercial airline pilot)

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very lucky in that I've never had any issue with asthma or other breathing problems. I quit smoking about 6 years ago so I don't have that added to my burden. I wear my PM2.5 mask most times I'm out and about, especially if it's a bad day.

I wish I had my camera ready yesterday. I saw a purple convertible Bentley and a beautiful dark blue Lamborghini. The Bentley was laughable but the Lambo was awesome. The heat radiating off that thing was amazing.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I was sitting in the bar, listening to the band and in walks Batman.....

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Offset course. (6 nm?) Way cool!

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 05-21-2016).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's routine to offset 3nm right of track because the airways are so congested they need lateral separation to see us all. In this particular ATC control area of Dalian they use 6nm quite a bit. Maybe their radar resolution is less than other areas?

As a side note: I just watched a cool video where foreign journalists were flown around North Korea on their state airline Air Korya. Other than the 50's tech Soviet aircraft the video showed a couple places they visited briefly. Did you know the USS Pueblo is still in North Korea? It's in Pyongyang as a museum piece on a river. And it's still a commissioned US Navy ship.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Life, it seems, will fade away
Drifting further every day
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters, no one else

I have lost the will to live
Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free

Things not what they used to be
Missing one inside of me
Deathly lost, this can't be real
Cannot stand this hell I feel

Emptiness is filling me
To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me, but now he's gone

No one but me can save myself, but it's too late
Now I can't think, think why I should even try

Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 05-21-2016).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was working Monday night flying to Sanya. This is on Hainan Island just off the southern tip of China close to Vietnam. You might remember Hainan as the landing spot of the US Navy EP-3E ELINT aircraft after it collided with a Chinese fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. So as I'm getting close I remember our Dear Leader is visiting nearby Vietnam. Since my iPhone takes crappy night pictures and you can't see much anyway, here is a shot of my nav screen. VVNB is Ha Noi, VVDN is Da Nang, and VVPB is Phu Bai.

Now this one surprised me. While on the ground in Sanya I saw this after it was unloaded from the forward cargo bay. (We haul lots of cargo) Any guesses what the Chinese words say?

It says "Made in America". Ha! And you only thought we import Chinese stuff.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did an outdoor exhibit the other night for a local art walk, selling prints. Most of my work is from photographing abandoned buildings, and the building I set up in front of is one of them - part of the gig is trying to advocate for its restoration.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

I did an outdoor exhibit the other night for a local art walk, selling prints. Most of my work is from photographing abandoned buildings, and the building I set up in front of is one of them - part of the gig is trying to advocate for its restoration.

An interesting and stately looking old building. Is it in Waukegan Ill or in one of the other 'Waukegans'?
This one is about 10 miles from me "as the crow flies".
http://www.yourhoustonnews....94-c05aaabc5acf.html
I enjoyed my 5 month stay when I attended gas turbine school at Waukegan's Great Lakes Naval Training center in the late 70s.
PFF
System Bot
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^It's Waukegan, IL. The building dates back to 1925 and was originally a bank, then a Walgreens and professional offices. It's been vacant since 1985. I've been inside and it's gorgeous, the bank hall is still largely intact and has polished marble walls with a plaster ceiling. Walgreens did most of the damage, and the basement is a mess (the vault is still there from when it was a bank); but it's an easy restoration considering some of the other ruins I've been in.

Much has changed since you would have been there. Like many rust belt towns, its economy was hit hard by the loss of lakefront industry, and the opening of Belvidere and Lakehurst Malls decimated the downtown retail district (the latter is now gone, torn down 12 years ago). A former mayor's bonehead decision to break-up the city's car culture in the downtown area didn't help.

Today the city is trying to reinvent itself, and is finding a niche as a city for the arts. The Genesee Theatre was beautifully restored almost 12 years ago and draws big names, usually old rockers and comedians - sometimes movies. The Karcher Hotel has been restored into lofts exclusively for artists, and has a couple of galleries on the ground floor. They're trying to lure the George Lucas museum (that Chicago is losing due to bickering between City Hall and NIMBY's) to the lakefront, where OMC's plant used to be. There's the monthly ArtWauk which draws decent crowds, they convert vacant storefronts along Genesee Street into galleries in an attempt to draw potential tenants. It's a nice town - it has its issues, but it's hardly the cesspool people make it sound like, and is slowly on the rebound.

[This message has been edited by jonrev (edited 05-24-2016).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(just above my passenger side door--sometimes she comes into the yard to nibble around)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Truck, doesn't appear to have too many scratches in the bed. Can I borrow it when you're done?

------------------
Ron

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent Saturday in the hospital...
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday we caught a batch of these with the grand kids-

Later that same day -

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love crab!!!
When I was very small and living in Pensacola, my father and uncle caught a bunch of crabs and when they showed them to me, I was so scared of them that I did not want to get near them.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Yesterday we caught a batch of these with the grand kids-

Later that same day -

I love boiled crabs, but to me, a lot of work for the little bit of meat in them. Lots of fun catching them tho.
(we have the same blue crab here on the Gulf Coast)
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, it's not so bad. A dozen crabs takes about an hour to clean and yields roughly 3/4 of a pound of meat.

At $30 a pound that's a better rate than working at MacDonalds. ( for now )

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

Spent Saturday in the hospital...

Cool.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock