Custom Fiberglass parts. by Tha Driver
Started on: 12-02-2010 02:31 AM
Replies: 462 (24080 views)
Last post by: Tha Driver on 08-29-2022 04:24 AM
redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Here's a *quick* photochop of one installed on my Indy.

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Can you shop the fender ones on the same pic??? Bet they would look nice together... Yes, I'm spending more money in my head... Somehow I see my tax return money disappearing with a quickness

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

IP: Logged
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

hey Driver must have the slide lock vents but how do i pay you there is no buy it option on your site!!

A POSTAL money order works best for me. I'll send you a PM.
EDIT: I tried paypunks but after having folks send money & having over $400 in the account, they refused to let me spend any of it EVEN ON EBAY! They said I had "reached my sending limit of ZERO dollars"!
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 12-07-2011).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tha Driver

4559 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by redraif:

Can you shop the fender ones on the same pic??? Bet they would look nice together... Yes, I'm spending more money in my head... Somehow I see my tax return money disappearing with a quickness

Done.
EDIT: But it's "chop" not "shop". I don't have Photoshop I have Paint Shop Pro.
I hope you're aware of the consequences of interrupting the space-time continuum... If the photo explodes it'll be all your fault.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 12-06-2011).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First photo of the Slide & lock vents installed (from SC_86_GT).

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks fantastic Paul

Hopefully this will generate some sales for you!
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Praying we hear today if we get a holiday bonus at work.... please please please... then I can pay off the rims and start working towards buys some parts to support my club mate! Patty is so annoyed cause I won't shut up about your parts... they already decided they are going to tanger while we plot the mods at your place... I told her she might want to stay to keep me from over extending the check book!

Already told Patty we have to make a junkyard trip to get some more spare parts so I can mod non-indy parts... lol. (fenders, rear quarters... smooth molding front bumpers (skittime nose) And the funny thing is I will be better off replacing the indy parts cause I won't have all that spray paint to sand off that the Previous owner horribly laid down...

Just need there to be the perfect white donor car with all my parts at pull-a-part... please please please... LOL! then I'll have at least a matching car still...

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!

SC_86_GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC_86_GTSend a Private Message to SC_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul, Thanks for posting the pic that I sent you of the vents. I can assure everyone that your products are top notch and the installation of your parts are "spot on". Absolutely great dealing with you and you have a new continuing customer!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested in the 1/4 panels/vents I have been working on the plugs almost every day blocking, filling, & priming. I'm almost ready to pull molds. I'll post pics when I have the molds made.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
SC_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC_86_GTSend a Private Message to SC_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be the first in line
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If anyone is interested in the 1/4 panels/vents I have been working on the plugs almost every day blocking, filling, & priming. I'm almost ready to pull molds. I'll post pics when I have the molds made.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Im a fan of your parts (quality & style); however, I am gonna pass on the qtr pnls...
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Im a fan of your parts (quality & style); however, I am gonna pass on the qtr pnls...

Gee Al you're no help at all posting that you're going to pass.
OH WAIT I HAVE A FAN?!?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gee Al you're no help at all posting that you're going to pass.
OH WAIT I HAVE A FAN?!?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Figured I would use it as an excuse to bump the thread
Opps, did it again...
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Figured I would use it as an excuse to bump the thread
Opps, did it again...

Cool. I try not to hog the mall by constantly bumping my own thread...
Have the 1/4 molds made; working on making the Slide & Lock prototypes & then I'll pull molds from them.

These are going to a pain to layup with the wheelwell flange so close to the vent indention. We'll see how they work out. Price yet to be determined.

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K working with the guy in WI to see if he can ship the quarters.... so hopefully I will have some quarters here soon for the quarter scoops... right now he is gonna check shipping for me after the holiday weekend.

------------------

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the first "Slide & Lock" 1/4 Vents Made.

"Installed". This is snapped into place on my Formula as a test fit but not glued. The camera slightly warps the image 'cause it's so close up. If you look close you can see part of the plastic intake (the rubber is removed for clearance). Probably best to cut back the plastic a little to open it up.

~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those slide and lock front fender vents. I think I might order some in the spring after I recoup some money from Christmas spending!
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those...Now all you need is to make some slide and lock door hinge pins

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-04-2012).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Driver great stuff !!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. Currently waiting for photos of the installation of the first set of Slide & Lock 1/4 vents. I'll post them when I get them.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully next weekend the donor car is coming for a visit to drop off some quarters and fenders for my vent conversion...

And darn my email did not notify my of new posts till today... what the.... Grrrr...

They look awesome Paul!
SC_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC_86_GTSend a Private Message to SC_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on the quarters this weekend and will post some pics as soon as there done.
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Paul. I'm going to start my STM hood scoop project this week and I wanted to know if you have pictures on any threads showing steps 6 thru 9 from the instructions for installing the scoop at your website? Also, is the distance 7 1/8 from the front of the hood for this scoop?
Thanks, Marc
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gokart:

Hi Paul. I'm going to start my STM hood scoop project this week and I wanted to know if you have pictures on any threads showing steps 6 thru 9 from the instructions for installing the scoop at your website? Also, is the distance 7 1/8 from the front of the hood for this scoop?
Thanks, Marc

I tried to post this earlier but PFF wouldn't respond when I hit "Submit Reply" (it does that sometimes). Maybe it will work now...
I don't know if anyone has any photos of the installation of the STM, but the threads with the other vents should show the full process. 7 1/8" is correct for the STM hood vent.
Well I just checked & one site with the hood vent installation is gone & the other two don't show the steps you're referring to.
I'll take photos when I install one myself: if I can ever get a car here I have a guy that wants me to do one as well as several other mods.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump 'cause I'm broke & behind in bills (what else is new? ).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My STM project is coming along nicely!

We need to support these aftermarket vendors when we can so find something on Paul's website and start your own project. I'd hate to see no one making quality stuff anymore but they'll come a day if their not making any money
Btw, if anyone needs pictures to go with the instructions contact ILVMYGT or Paul (Tha Driver).
More pics to come as I progress.
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 03-15-2012).]

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark,

I agree totally. Paul i will start a thread on CFF showing your products. Thanks for all your efforts for the fiero community.

Tony

http://centralfloridafieros...p?topic=1835.new#new

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-16-2012).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys - I really appreciate it. None of the work that was supposed to come in has materialized. I wasn't trying to depend on selling parts for a living, but a few now & then would sure help.
Keep in mind also that I'm 58 years old, & most of the men on both sides of my family have died in their mid-fifties. I'm hoping to beat those odds & make it another decade or so, but you never know when I'll be gone & then if anyone else will take over making these parts. Just food for thought...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Mark,

I agree totally. Paul i will start a thread on CFF showing your products. Thanks for all your efforts for the fiero community.

Tony

http://centralfloridafieros...p?topic=1835.new#new

Thanks again. You might want to tell FerociousGTO that my STM hood vent is not as deep as the one on the purple car. In order for it to be that that deep you'd have to cut the front sheetmetal, & no one wanted a vent that made you do that.
Still very broke if anyone wants parts.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

Bump and a worthy plug for Pauls decklid vent!

I'm running out of warm weather to mold and then paint the entire decklid outside so I painted just the vent and molded some bolts on the bottom of it and attached it this way for now. Look how perfectly it fits

Absoluty now clearance issues when opening your decklid all the way. There's at least 1/8 of an inch along the bottom.

Bout to take the plunge on the 1/4 vents and decklid scoop....

Just working out some details to see if the STM deck lid vent will work on my factory vented 84 decklid as a bolt on... Let the fun begin...

[This message has been edited by redraif (edited 02-22-2012).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Laid down the primer this morning!

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 02-25-2012).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump 'cause a damn pizza is getting more attention than parts, & I'm desperate to sell some parts.
Or if anyone needs work done I can get right on it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cmon guys, give this fine gentleman some business!!! His parts are top quality, and hes a fantastic person to deal with
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the first "Slide & Lock" 1/4 Vents Made.

How much is a pair of these again?

-fh
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Cmon guys, give this fine gentleman some business!!! His parts are top quality, and hes a fantastic person to deal with

X2!!!!

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohobby:
How much is a pair of these again?

-fh

$225 shipped for the pair, for the slide & lock versions.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul do you make battery relocation trays?
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Paul do you make battery relocation trays?

No: I don't usually make parts that others are making as I'm not trying to compete with anyone.
I have thought about the trays, though, since I need 2 for my cars (& can't afford to buy anything). If I did decide to make them they would be my own design & I can't see it happening any time soon, since my Fieros are at best 3rd, 4th, & 5th on my list.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on my front vent now and will post up some pics soon...

Have a couple questions for the guys who know...

What is the best SMC adhesive to use to "bond" the vent in place; like the seam around the edge and the under side bonding?
I have seen the 3M stuff which looks a bit on the high $ide (for the amount you get) and requires a special gun & tips. Also seem the Evercoat SMC panel adhesive 994.

What is the proper filler to use on the top to blend the vent in?

Also, if I wanted to make the under-side look good and blend-in the vent to the hood underside, what is the best approch to take?

Thanks,
AL
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use Fiberglass Evercoat part #870 for both bonding & filling. On the bottom, you can grind it lightly & sand it smooth & smooth it out with the same filler. Just make sure all of the surface is either ground or sanded for adhesion - if there is a low spot that didn't want to sand smooth you can scratch it well with 40 grit.
http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=469.0
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Working on my front vent now and will post up some pics soon...
Have a couple questions for the guys who know...
What is the best SMC adhesive to use to "bond" the vent in place; like the seam around the edge and the under side bonding?
I have seen the 3M stuff which looks a bit on the high $ide (for the amount you get) and requires a special gun & tips. Also seem the Evercoat SMC panel adhesive 994.
What is the proper filler to use on the top to blend the vent in?
Also, if I wanted to make the under-side look good and blend-in the vent to the hood underside, what is the best approch to take?
Thanks,
AL

I used this to adhere/bond the scoop and bonding strips in place http://www.westsystem.com/ss/ Be sure to get some density filler to mix it with. It'll thicken it up. It doesn't dry as fast as most body fillers but there's no hurry because you have the time to screw it all in place and it'll be structurally harder. I used it to adhere my stage 2 side scoops pieces 5 years ago and still look fantastic. Dries hard as a rock but it's also very sandable.
I then used this http://www.tptools.com/p/30...iveandFillerâ„¢.html to fill in all the voids around the edges and smooth it out. Any small issues after can be gone over with this. http://www.azautobodysupply.com/fievpoglpu20.html
I'm still waiting for warmer temps to color & clear.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock