Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" by shemdogg
Started on: 05-01-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 601 (28154 views)
Last post by: bjc 350 on 01-04-2024 01:44 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2018 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A look at page one shows just how far you have made it!

I love reading this thread for some reason. Perhaps it is because I believe that you will actually finish your project. Thanks for sharing.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do admire your injenuity and skills.
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No skills buddy just making it up as I go along. This things all boogered together, every single piece o fb has been cut in half at least one way, once lol. The pieces are pretty damn thick from all the over lap on the inside. Im jonesing to do the interior, hafta finish the fb first- so much damn dust! Will be chopping up the headlight area of the hood this weekend and my metal showed up for door sills, rear roof frame, new spoiler and rear piece o metal that goes across the whole back. went dumpster diving while at the shop and found a 20" piece of 2.5" ss pipe. Free exhaust tips! Then onto air suspension.

I live on a kinda busy 4 way street w poeple walking by often. An older guy sees me working on the car and says
Ferrari?
Pontiac.
gives me a weird look- ferrari?
no pontiac!
what year?
oh, looks like a ferrari from the back

the other day
Hey is that a real ferrari?
man u know everybodys been asking me that since I got it. Ive never heard of a real ferrari, this is just says ferrari only. I think those are waaay more expensive
oh. hmm

Im kinda thinking pontiac emblems all over, I pulled the ferrari stuff off the back. I think itll be more confusing for people if they see pontiac emblems when they walk up.
thanks for watching the madness!
shem
turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

A look at page one shows just how far you have made it!

I love reading this thread for some reason. Perhaps it is because I believe that you will actually finish your project. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed, skills and a refreshing attitude. Love this thread ! Please go with the Pontiac emblems !
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2018 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the nice replies fellas it is appreciated! Def not ingenious but I do have a knack for finding new ways to get things done. I learned how to use ms paint, put a pic of my car n a pic of the real one, scale them so the wheelbases are matching. Then using the draw a box function to measure areas on the real car to areas on my car because it gives a pixel height value. Everything on this kit was waay bigger than it shoulda been. I have made these body pieces proportional to the real thing and to the fiero wheelbase. I thought that was pretty cool, everything else is just hokey lol

Mkay, heres what I got up to yesterday
cut out the fb and made this test piece for the side vents. Its screwed to the door shell so it rotates w the door. Going to see if my buddy can cut these on the laser. If so i can punch out the upper vents to look like the real deal

Dumpster diving the ss scrap bin showed up a 18" piece of 2.5 tubing. Shop owner asked what I was going to do w it, he gets a kick out of the junk I make w scrap. I told him exhaust tips, he said but those are maybe $15 a piece. I said yeah but id hafta wait for them to show,and spend the $45. This ill make in 5 mins, for free, and I had fun making it myself. He laughs and walks away. Cut em and 15 seconds on the wire wheel cleaned up nice. Fills the hole much better

Dug out this scoop w the jigsaw to give it more angle, had a straight line before looked dumbbb

ripped this panel apart, didnt match too well to the trunk. I didnt have the inside reinforced yet. U can see how little bondo actually stays

Started chunking up the hood again, the lower area slopes in and shouldnt. Used the belt sander to make some serious roundage at the headlight areas

Got some 5x2 .125 wall box for my rear roof support/roll bar. Only needed 6', had to buy a 20'. in the hood picture u can kinda see the super cheese attachment method used to hang the hood on the car. Buncha 1/2" box tubing that bends every time you open the hood so it never sits right again. Going to use some of that 5x2 to make frame/bumper extensions front and back and create a new hood hinge and mounting assy. Heres the 20 footer in the band saw

Going to fb the inside of the hood right now!

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1742 posts
Member since Apr 2017
Backed the car out to clean the area. Man I havent looked at the car from far away in a long time, damn it looks pretty f@cking good! The hoods not as bad as I think. Or the work I just did finished the right look. I dunno but I like it i like it hey mikey

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant get over the above pics, man its looking good. havent had time to mess w the car, hadta get ready for camping. Yuuge chore to move everything stored underneath n inside and everthing around and moving 2 cars to get the trailer out. Cleaned the tanks n carbs on the bikes. Lake was about 60' higher than 2 years ago. Met my buddy from pismo that rides

Me pullin a trump sized wheelie

Started diggin into the car again, tone o metal fab n welding to do. Found a use for the rest o that 5x2, welded frame extensions and a back bumper

fabbing a frame for the front clamshell hinges. Found a hitachi cutting saw at lowes for $149, comes w a grinder

Got the rollbar welded in and working on hinges for the trunk lid

Then onto final fiberglassing and air bags

shem

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2018 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is that "jet ski" called? I have not seen one of those in quite a while.

Still liking the build.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Making progress
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Me pullin a trump sized wheelie

shem

Where did you find a wetbike? I haven't seen those for a LONG time.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Where did you find a wetbike? I haven't seen those for a LONG time.

Ah ha!
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2018 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man wetbikes are awesome! They went under because theres a learning curve, it not easy like a sit down. They pop up on craigslist often, always need lotsa luv. I make tons of parts to make em faster. I have an 85hp triple in my beast w modified pump. 52mph lol. The one in the pic is the wifeys bike speedy gonzales, sucked doen a reed cage gasket but still got 43.4mph. Once you get one they make babies quick, I have 5. Theres a meet in Ok every summer lotsa fun n good folks- wetbike.net Theres all kindsa vintage wacky watercraft out there, check out the surfjet

roof n trunk are glassed together and trunks mounted to new hinge assy and i think itll work lol. more pics to come
shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Works busy and its getting hot. Did get a lil bit more done. Started cleaning up and shaping scoops and filling low spots in the front and all over really

Last look of these windows, Ill be making the frames outta steel box tubing because I cant get steel c-channel in the size I want. So box tubing will work if I cut off one side. Be much stronger too. Guess i didnt need that aluminum welder after all lol

Heres some cheese
Need to make the back rounded but theres a metal bar welded in and the trunks glassed to it. So I made a relief cut, propped it up, and threw some weight on top

uber cheese but its working

And a side shot

Im going to need to drive it to the machinist shop soon so Im getting it roadworthy-bolting all the panels down so they dont come off on the freeway. Still tons of welding and fiberglass details to do but it feels awesome to be done cutting this thing up. About time to change this turd buffing wheel, it smells like sh!t

shem
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Me pullin a trump sized wheelie...

Whomever shot that original image needs to be slapped around a bit.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-03-2018).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Totally amazing, the work you have done on this project.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-04-2018).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse thank u!
Pat u got photoshop skills! My buddy was a few hundred feet away and drunk when he shot that pic o me doing the wheelie(no wheels- skiie?)

Anywhose
Works been busy workin 7 days a week. Started prokin around w the fb on the back to make some curve. Its too thick when I cut it it still wont budge. Had some cans o foam from work and made the impression, cut it w the sawzall, n fb that sumbitch. Got his weekend off and got a lil more done. Meet up w crasian, drove down 2 hours to get a free pass n back window. Didnt hear him call cuz I was sanding lol. made a hd run, hit the machine shop to get my alum for the wing. Knocked that out while bondos drying
came out coo

Hit up hazard fraught for that lil belt sander, walked out w a ton o junk

That lil sanders frickin handy! As long as the fuc&ing belt stays on lol

Got scooper duper and started getting things symettrical

started shaping the back scoop vents, pure nastiness

w that lil sander and the dremel the scoops r coming out pretty good

heres the back pretty much done done. panels fitted and secured

The wing came out so so. may fu&k w it later

Pulled the driver door and started refitting and moving the window frame inward at the bottom. Got my steel tube coming soon to make these outta steel

Lotsa lil details to fill my time but im looking for a bodyman to do a skim coat a final sanding before paint. Going to do the interior next as most of the sanding/cuttings done. Getting seats this week and starting on the interior while bondos drying. Interior should go quick. Uggh gotta focus on windows or ill have to tape the interior off.

shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2018 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting on my box tubing for the window channels. Started the interior. Got seats, vents, indicators, switch panel, and 5 point harnesses. Pulled the dash today and made the template for the new one all in 1 hour

Should have the dash ready for felt by mid week. Need to get a shift knob, shift plate, gauges, and a push start button. Trying to find some momo iron ons to cover the ralli art logo on the seats and other stuffs. Got the scoops glassed up outside, need to finish and then layer fb on the inside for strength and fb is all done! yeah buddy!

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2018 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Poking at it lil by lil, working on the dash, collecting interior parts, and a wee bit o fb. car looks good from far

still a turd in others, hood looks like a freakin square

dash is almost done, will have it wrapped by this weekend

All interior pieces will be in by tomorrow

Welded in some angle ern for the window frames to sit on

Need to strip the center console under the dash as much as possible. Cant fit the stereo under the vents, may hafta put it in the glove box

yawn
shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man its freakin hot! been doin metal work all day. Beefed up the welds on the trunk hinges, welded the hood on finally. Just got some more mat from tap. Newbie working there gave my buddy 6 yards instead of 2 and only charged for two. My buddy shows up w half the fu@king roll n im like oh shite how much did u buy?! he says two. I check the receipt- $6 lol

Got the dash fb finished, need to make a trip to get foam and wrapping. All my interior parts are in, the indicators and another seatbelt showed up today. I bought a "pair", it said pair in the title but the guy sent only one set.

upper dash vents $15 from a pontiac vibe
Lower dash vents $26 from a mazda 6
new seats $140 +$40 for my buddy to go get em. I dont go to sf what a toilet, been about 15 years
Indicators $23
Seat belts $50
car seat- in stock lol
7 gauge set $450
switch panel $15
ignition panel $15
Fb n cardboard- leftovers
Dash foam and cover maybe $30
$800 interior

Going to be a scorcher this weekend so ill be moving sloooow. And im all beat up. Caught one of the dogs in the chicken coop eating eggs, went to get him he freaked and gnawed up my left hand, one tooth went thru my thumbnail and my thumb looks like something from a cartoon. Right next to a blood spot under the nail from the screw gun slipping off a screw and banging the nail. Screw gun slipped off yesterday and the spinning bit skinned off a yuge chunk just above the nail. Got new flip flops n they gave me yuge blisters on the tops of a few toes. Had to drill a small hole in the thumbnail to let out the pressure. holding the baby and looking in the mirror making faces, he pulls my glasses off, turns em nosepiece up, and jams it super hard way up into my right nostril. Yowza! That hurt i smelled blood lol. He gave me a left hook to the eyeball, uppercut to the chin(bit my tongue) and he can kick with crazy power. 6 months 22lbs and 28" tall
In addition to the standard amount of cuts scrapes, and divots from doing construction.
yawn

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been uncomfortably hot and fukced myself up good last friday workin on the car somehow, some shits still hurtin.
anywhose
Cheese?

yes please!
Ferraris have momo seats. Shemdogggs cheap ass aint spendin $2k+ for a set o seats
I got brand spankin new momo seats for less than $200

$3 momo sticker and $12 for some iron ons! yeah buddy!

call me cheesemaster
Dash is coming out good, got everythin cut and fitted. Didnt wanna sand the whole thing and then fill low spots, then sand, and fill low spots, and sand, then fill low spots, and do that till errthangs perfect. Couldnt find the foam I wanted( it was the padding for all the shitty cabinets I assembled last week and I took that n the boxes to the dumps lol durr) Had some super nice thick linoleum left over. Screwed wood trim to the inside edges and wrapped that sumbitch

Just laid filler on the staples as the sun was setting tonight

about a month ago wifey got tboned by a uber driver and the insurance is taking forever to pay out. Allstate. we leave you hangin! Still nothing from them, missed the car, really wanted the same thing, after tons of hounding buyers on cl just to meet up n see a car. I finally got one sunday

things fu@king mint only 107k
super happy dawg
be happier when insurance pays up
bastards

shem

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F40 seats weren’t Momo. They were “OMP” or “Hawk” Carbon fiber with nomex covering. I put Momos in my replica as they were cheaper than original seats. I think I paid 325 for the set that I ended up keeping in the car. Still have another set that didn’t look as close to the original F40 seats as I wanted.
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2018 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goin offa this pic here buddy, nothing momo near me for less than $700 a seat

After the buds bounced post bbq, I finished up the main dash

then made some wood fillers for the binnacle lol too much wheeler dealers

Need to hit the machine shop to make the gauge cluster outta ss on the strippit
and get homeboy to order my box tubing for the windows, he still hasnt done it fu@k!
and wanted to get one of his workers to cut the ends off for me so its ready to go

made a new drink its fu@king awesome
puree 2 apricots
some oj
some cranberry
lil vodka
ice
blend
wowsers

happy 4th
shem

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2018 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Havent touched the car in ages it seems. Had to finish up what I could then focus on pimping out the yard kamikaze style for the kids baptism party. Hauled out 4 yards of gravel, put down 3 yards of concrete, then flagstone n mortar. Cut the driveway on both sides to install a pt 2x4 edge and asphalted then sealed the drive. Came out titties, party was awesome, as usual my bbq disappeared instantly.

got the car cleaned up foist

looking good

heres th dash n one seat installed

had some o wifeys fam in town from texas, took em for mariscos, heres mine

Still waiting on my window frame materials

shem
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2018 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

......party was awesome, as usual my bbq disappeared instantly.

Sure.....don't invite the other Bay Area guy from the other side of the hill
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2018 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on down charlie brown! Having a bday party in december, bring yer fiero! Or if yer gonna be down this way lemme know!

shem
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You must never sleep. Watching the progress my favorite thread right now.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You must never sleep. Watching the progress my favorite thread right now.

Ive got a 7 month old lol so sleep comes in stages. 330am he needs grub n an oil change, 630am the rear main seal goes and he needs grub. Works busy, its been over 90 degrees the past few weeks, im beat from the yard work, got a mean cold now, and dont wanna work on the car till the windows are done. I ordered some round tubing for a handrail job from gorillas and ordered the box tubing for the windows today. Told my buddy dont worry about the tubing and hes says its in his shop on the shelf. lol fudge. So ill be making window frames this weekend finally. Not much glassing left to do just the rear vents are a yuuge pain but almost done. sorta

glad yall r enjoying the show!

shem
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

330am he needs grub n an oil change, 630am the rear main seal goes and he needs grub.

Now that's funny.

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2018 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love your blazer seats man i got the 94 set with manual lumbar.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2018 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blazer seats?
Got my metal cut up for the window frames. Ate a brand new $50 band saw blade in less than 10 mins on 3.5 pieces so the plasma was the only other option than doing it w a cutting disc or 6" ata time on the vertical mill. Came out like **** , uneven, warped, and not smooth, tons o divots on the finished edge, and an assload o slag

took the slag off w a hammer n chisel, rigged a cool way to sand everything tho lol

that works so damn good! Good news is 1/4" windows slide easily in the rubber in the channel

Havent been at the shop for awhile. One o the battlebots guys is making a trailer for burning man. Every year theyre makin some crazy shite. This things going to be a walking gecko with 6 strippers on poles in the middle. Its sad these guys have so much money. that trailers f@cking yuuge.

made the binnacle w gauges. looks uber cheese. will work for now

Should have these windows knocked out soon. maybe

shem

[This message has been edited by shemdogg (edited 07-30-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2018 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes the seats you have in your car are from a s10 blazer
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2018 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol I thought those were stock fiero seats. They look like the same seats I had in a 83 z28. My other fieros had the blown speakers in the headrests

shem
turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2018 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates ? This is a great build.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2018 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to report. Fixed a few things on the truck and mustang, works been crazy busy. Been pretty much ignoring the car. I did spend some time on the rear vents and have enough metal ready to do one side of window frames. Bent a few pieces at home yesterday but need to do em at the shop. Still waiting on the welding gas tank too. Ill have something worth posting soon

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2018 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gave up on waiting for my buddy to get me a gas tank n bought some flux core wire. Cleaned up all the pieces and started welding stuff in place to test. Was outta cutting discs, used some used ones down to the nub. One got buried in my finger. Playing w the sizes of the windows, deciding which looks best on this car. The slope o the fieruh roof is much longer than the real car so the front windows coming out too big. Im finkin o mounting the side mirror there so its not so obviously yuuuge. This was attempt 1

No time to take the car to the shop so i bent up the side frames on my vice w a big ass piece o pipe. Got a nice curve in there and the window should slide good

Heres the back window frame

hit tap today n got winduhs, bent up one back window w the heat gun. Lil bondo on the frame n paint n this winduhs dunn. How ima get it in the frame- i dunno

hence the recent weed legalization, tap plastics is marketing a new line of products tailored to the weed user

Had a job in the mountains today, fueled up in saratoga. Lotsa high end stuff round here, they have race gas $9.99/gal

Should get more done this weekend.

shem
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had a job in the mountains today, fueled up in saratoga. Lotsa high end stuff round here, they have race gas $9.99/gal

Should get more done this weekend.

shem

Never been a fan of these replicas, nor the real car for that matter but this thing is looking good.

And OMG! I think I'll stick to dealing with killer hurricanes instead of that killer gas prices
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2018 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been poking w the windows some more this weekend, got the rear window size finalized and finished. Laid some more glass on the upper door and the area going towards the back of the car.

its been really nice not doing any sanding for awhile.

Upper door curve got cleaned up, and windows lined up

Extended the rear window area going back and up to the window frame. All window frames welded up

Picked out rims finally xxr 526 staggered but may not get them for awhile

shem
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2018 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No time for the car but I did get a set of ferrari 308 door handles. Going to the lake and had to swap 2 motors in the bikes. Found my low compression issue lol

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock