Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica aka "operation turd polish" by shemdogg
Started on: 05-01-2017 09:20 PM
Replies: 602 (28358 views)
Last post by: Cannonfeet on 04-18-2024 03:22 PM
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2020 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mosta the hood and roof sanded, lil bit to do on the a pillars.

Neighbors kid across the street came over to check out the car. Is this a 1992 ferrari f40lm? the kid asks, turns out hes a huge ferrari fan and proceeds to educate me on the history lol. Couldnt tell the difference looking at pictures on his phone, all the details were there. Made me smile

shem
IP: Logged
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2020 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shemdogg

1749 posts
Member since Apr 2017
Putting the cart in front of the horse/ seizing the carp- I bought the paint and clear and reducer and hardener and all the other stuff they told me I needed. PPg baby. Car will be painted red on this page. Some booglies on the hood to get at and I cant find the primer, but paint, soon.

shem
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2020 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can't wait to see it done but take your time as it will pay off in the end as i look at the car i painted and now say i should have taken a bit more time prepping and prep is one of the keys to a good finish

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-10-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2020 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the part of the project where you take your time, be picky as a possible and don't rush anything.

Great job so far shem!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am being picky but I know ill miss a bunch of things I wont see until its painted. Ill be painting this a few times for sure. Itll be a gudenuf paint job, im thinking gudenuf will be the license plate. Hoods taking a buncha time but coming out really good. Finding and repairing lotsa low spots. Hoods very close to being ready, working the wheel wells now. They need lotsa love for sure. Got the big compressor hooked up, just need some 30wt. Looking forward to painting w the right compressor, shooting the primer w my lil pancake compressor sucked

Gotta stop playing hookey and get back to work but its going to be tough lol im pooped
Rather spend what little energy I have sanding the car lol

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2020 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I did, I spent most of yesterday on the car attacking details I skipped over before. Beefed up the lower hood edges near the latches, extended a scoop, and beefed up the inside of the area I cut up recently. Cleaned up a buncha nastiness under the hood. Did a buncha sanding and glassed a ton of areas. Just one more area to glass and its all filling details.

Had to get at a cupla spots in hyah too

Major love to wheelwells, airbags make for great access

Getting closer to paint

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive worked on the car at least a few hours a day every day since the last post. Joedad your post made me be very picky and do much more detail work. Wednesday im in the driveway w the youngster and the garage door open. A good looking lady in a nice car pulls up, looks at me lowering her sunglasses and says,"wow nice, what year?" Never one to let a situation go to waste, I gove her an intriguing man face and some james t kirk body language and reply, "thanks im a 1977". She laughs and says "no the car". I give her a very disappointed "OH" and motion to the fierarri"its an 86". She says no the mustang, I say oh jeez! its a 66! She says Wow beautiful. I say thanks I try to work out. She smiles and drives off. 2 doors down lol. Lotsa people come by and always ask about the mustang, barely anyone asks about the fierarri. I wonder if that will change when its red. Prepping for primer yesterday, and old man on the other side of the street yells to me- You working on an airplane?!, I replied. HUH? lol He said what the hell is that a jet plane in your driveway?! lmao Another guy on a bike came by yesterday staring at the car and says, wow thats an f40. I say no its not. He just looks at me- what is it? Pontiac I reply. He gives me a look like im bullshitting and rides off. lol

Been attacking all kindsa details on the car being pretty damn anal. went thru 2 tubes of spot putty and finished of the kitty hair. still a few areas that need lotsa love but it should come out decent. Got the mustang suspension finished and washed and got a cover for it. Got the big compressor plumbed and changed the oil. Took it around the block to blow the dust off(the mustang), then cleaned it up. Thats a damn good looking car

Got the garage cleared out and plastic up, blew out the garage, blew off the car and got errthang ready. Cleaned out the gun w some acetone, and started mixing primer. Uh oh all the high build solids have congealed at the bottom. Bad. I spent 20 mins stirring breaking up the goop and got it mixed good enuf. Strained it and loaded up the gun. Tired, its damn hot, but im exicted. Spraying w this big ol compressor should be much easier than that lil 6 gal pancake. God likes to mess w me, im his comedy show. Everythings a friggin gauntlet to run, hey its an adventure! I get about 10 mins into spraying and the compressor and lights shut off in the garage. Damn a breaker popped, I go to the panel and everything good. Hmmm, then a neighbor across the street yells, hey is your power out too? Fooooock! Now what the hell am I gonna do? Brain starts racing, whos got a genny? I pace for a few mins contemplating options, then the power comes back after 10 mins. So I start shooting again. Then the compressor starts getting loud. Then louder so I shut it off and use the pressure in the tank. When I start the compressor again- Majorly nasty friggin rod knock or piston slap, crazy bad. Fooooock! Now what? OH! I have the pancake compressor here lol, and there I am again spraying w the pancake. 30 seconds of spray time for 3 minutes of refill time. Yay. Got done just in time, the primer was starting to gel up in the gun.

I have maybe another 50 hours in sanding in this week, been going to town. The groove in the hood needed a ton of love, I made a bunch of custom sanding blocks from wood stakes and plywood. For my arch nemesis the rear vents, I sanded down one of my long sanders and its working out perfect

Todays going to be all wet sanding and cleanup, dunno if ill paint today. Def dont wanna paint w the pancake. My cuz nextdoor has another one, maybe ill pipe the 2 together worst case scenario. Or pipe them to the 60 gal tank,options options.
Always a million things I fergit to mention but, yeah you get the idear.
Have a grate day!

shem
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good!

HAGO!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2020 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you sage! Almost to paint now. Wet sanded w 320, wiped it off and saw tons of orange peel and a few billion more divots, pinholes, and small air pockets. Lots of em, wow lots of em. Went over it w 120, shot another coat yesterday evenin. Outta primer now and found a few more pinholes but it looks very smooth and even. Going to fill the rest of the holes today and hit it w some 400 afterwards, everythings easier to see when its dark grey and clean. Glassed a bunch more areas around the wheel wells and some other spots, being pretty picky and anxious to shoot the paint. No drips this round, got the gun and me dialed in. Kinda small pattern, feels like im painting w a pencil eraser or lil bigger spray can. Used to my house sprayer, that thing kicks out a ton of paint in a big fan. Im really going to town on this, surprised how picky and detailed im being. And how long its taking! Here it is, in gray, again

Looking good, all edges are sharp(thatr supposed to be), everything fitting good, cleaned up the thicknesses of panels thatr uneven, lotsa nonsense. Even got my arch nemesees the burr, I mean rear vents(sorry too much moonshiners) looks perfect. unlyke my speling. Every coat I find more thing that dont look good that I take care of and I did a lot of housekeeping on this round. It looks really good close up. Found a neighbor that had the 33gal compressor in the top pic. Thing took forever to fill,I checked it it was at 140something(150 max). It shut off soon after and I closed the garage door and its pitch black inside, I knew I had the lights on- maybe someone shut em off. Checked em, switch is on, maybe the breaker? Yep breakers tripped, turn it on and hear the compressor just trying to pump lug lug lug and the breaker pops. I just laugh, gonna shoot off the tank then run the lil pancake compressor. The air suspension compressors pull way more power at higher tank pressure and trip my cars breaker. Figured that might be the issue w this, tank got low, I plugged it back in, it choked a few times and purred like it should. Didnt let it get over 130 psi and it was all good!

redsa comin

shem

on second thought I want a testarossa, and pronto
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2020 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting closer, bodys pretty much ready. Started cleaning up the window frames and being super picky. Prolly still gonna miss a few things. Shops closed where I got the primer so I hit the place where I got the paint n got some ppg primer and sealer. I got white primer so I can see the car in white. Nice! I think the red will be brighter on a white background. Its been pretty damn hot lately, it sux. Another few coats of primer sealer, then ill shoot the black on the window frames and body line, then the red.

shem
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2020 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seeing your post on the other thread makes me wonder how a person would approach molds for the hood?
PFF
System Bot
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2020 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In answer to the question Sourmash it would be a multi part mold, with the Center being a separate pull to the rest of the hood IMOP.
Deficult to be sure but do able.
I’m going to have to do a similar build on the rear fender gills .
Wayne

[This message has been edited by dobie1 (edited 06-02-2020).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes in many parts. The hood would be 5 parts, 2 fenders, 1 upper hood, 1 lower front o hood, and 1 plug for the center scoop. The trunk would be in a few sections too. These kits came with the wing stangs and spoiler not connected to the trunk. They had to be glassed on afterwards. after all the lil pinholes and some edge cracks around the wheelwells, I started thinking about making molds. Then id have 2, one for show and this one to make into a drift car. Dobie your comment about the 45 gallon drum really got me thinking, after i make the molds, I still gotta make the car lol.

Heres a cupla turds on ebay, pretty nice. Glad I went my crazee route

gas monkey fake not stretched
https://www.ebay.com/itm/19...4206218894%26itm%3D2 33606275334%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2563228%26algv%3DDiscV1&_trksid=p2563228.c101110.m1982

looks like a splitting image of mine when I got it w good paint
https://www.ebay.com/itm/19...4206218894%26itm%3D2 33606275334%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2563228%26algv%3DDiscV1&_trksid=p2563228.c101110.m1982

Went to town on a few more details, cleaning up the hood emblem areas now and starting to mask. Looking forward to seeing it in white. And red!

shem
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait for paint! However, as you know everything shows when it is shinny. So check it twice, or more We had two of us checking, and we still missed two spots that we only saw after color coat!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2020 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow what a friggin day. Ill spare ya the long story but it was hot and busy today. Sweat was pouring offa me like stryker in the bar from airplane. Asked neighbor for his compressor in the morning, lagged on bringing it, 2:30ish I piped my lil 6 gal to the 60tank, wasnt filling good enuf. I hit up my cuz next door and borrowed his and piped em together to the 60 tank. That started moving some air.

Neighbor across the street hears the ruckus and starts bringing his over. I look up and see lotsa smoke

Howse on faar!

Guy sold me a weird primer sealer combo I mixed wrong and jammed up in the gun after I shot the doors. One thing after another today wowsers. Looked at all the stuff he sold me and concocted a sealer mix. Gun keeps jamming up, cleaning w acetone good between rounds isnt helping. Stuffs drying in the gun. Some areas come out smooth, some have artifacts, and some areas feel like sandpaper. Switched to the mini gun. It started doing the same thing after the second round. Tiny container sux.

Anywho, white. and wow

look at those rear vents huh? huh?!

Cupla drips, cupla light spots. Cant see fer chit in the garage, need better light. And guns that let out paint.

Primer sealed the window frames and ancillaries, they get black tomorrow. mebbe

The white was a good call. Not only does it look good, I see waay more defects thatll show in red. Ill paint the black black, and leave the rest w the storm trooper look for now

Sanding leaves lotsa time for thought. Car needs a name, luv shemario- but who makes it? I remembered as a kid at the flea market I saw a fake addidas jacket that had the same lettering and everything but said addibas and another that said addiaas. I thiught that was so lame, who would buy that? I saw 4 in the next hour. Anywho- fubbabi. Pronounced foo-baab-ee Tested on several people, makes em smile, sounds silly. say it. fubbabi.

shem

turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2020 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Firrario
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2020 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Shem. You putting a clear coat on it?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2020 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you know what tip you are using on the gun? Is it a 1.4 or 1.7 etc?

That might be part of your issues with the paint.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-05-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2020 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So that's like Fubarri?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2020 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2020 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Firrario sounds like fierarri, and that was too cheese for most. I thought of fubarri, its def a fubarred fiero! But the fubar gives it away. Figured out the gun issue, operator error as usual. The first batch I mixed dried in the gun and only a small column of wet paint could make it to the tip. Sprayed everything w the lil touch up gun today, no issues other than operator error. As usual. Got a ton of drips touching up the primer. Moving the gun too fast and some primer would come out the air hole in the top. Durrr. Sandingwise I just keep finding tiny sub micron pinholes here n there n everywhere. This game of fill-a-hole is waaaay old. Lines on the hood were a bit off, had to cut it up a bit. Hit it w 400 dry, touched it up, shot the black. After a million rounds of filling today. Thought I was done, pulled it into the garage to shoot, found a million more. Some areas are just perfectly flat the sealer has a light gloss to it. I think its going to come out pretty damn good. The black basecoat friggin stinks wow

Threw the lights and back winduh on, looks killer as a stormtrooper!
Andrew this is just sealer but I did look for a white sealer because of the pic u posted awhile back.
Imsa the gun has a 1.3 in it now and came w a 1.5 setup. I got the gun dialed in, the lil touch up gun needed to be dialed back- too much coming out lol.

Gonna spend a lil more time looking for boogers, Gonna see red this week. Maybe not clear as ill more than likely find even more boogers w the first coat of red. Its been crazy the whole car had teeny tiny microscopic bubble divots all over. Im pretty much thru my 4th tube of pro filler and sitting here typing, looking at the car 2 feet away, I see a few more boogers. Cutting the car up and shaping it was kinda fun, messy but fun. This friggin sucks! lol

shem

Next pics the cars red
cue the jaws music duh nuh!
PFF
System Bot
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem, Are those "bubble divots" being caused by moisture getting into your gun as you spray? Coming from the condensation in your compressor's air? If so, you need to , at a minimum, use a filter at the gun that is designed to catch that water in the compressed air. They make more sophisticated ones that you can mount at your air source as well. Make sure the tanks are drained every time you paint.. Working out of my less than stellar home shop, we have experienced these water in the air problems several times. You are making good progress.
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2020 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are running two tiny pancake copressors you are going to get water in the air and in your paint. There is no doubt about that. Here is a "Shem" type soultion:

You need some copper pipe, a 5 gallon bucket, a water trap and some air fittings. Basic plan it to make a coil out of the copper pipe and put it in the bucket. Put the water trap on one side the air in on the other. Fill the bucket with Ice water when you paint. This will cool the air as it goes through and will condense out the water for the trap to catch . Used this set up for awhile in the humid heat of Ohio painting out side.. Had lots of bugs but no water. I would not suggest you take on a color coat with the set up you have.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2020 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tips fellas I appreciate it! But its air bubbles in the bondo, bubbs in the fb, and air pockets in the dynaglas. Sometimnes the putty doesnt stick too. I brush off everything before spreading. Almost done, just being picky now. Did a cupla fb repairs.
Im using a 33gal compressor w the little bronze color water trap. theres a dessicant filter too but no silica. I didnt shoot w the pancakes but they both had water traps. Heres what im doing

lil boogers everywhere but im not finding many anymore. They will show in the clear so I gotta stay vigilant

shem
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2020 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hot dog hot dog hot diggity dawg! Neighbors compressor got red

hangin tree o mirruhs n gas derr

Holy cannoli batman, shem got on that red finally!
Bam!

Pow!

Smash!

Zap!

Whapp!

Biff!

Tig ol bitties! Paint came out super good. Hit up a cupla boogers this morning, and the few that show just before paint after everythings cleaned. I found a cupla more boogers but maybe 10 mins work, its that good. And smooth as can be painting in a dusty garage. Shot the touch up sealer w the mini gun, and shot the red w the big gun. No Problems, no drips. Laid down some heavy coats too. Looks awesome wow. Pics just dont do it justice.

Dunno about the red tho, had a weird feeling as soon as the first paint hit the white. Its an angry friggin red! Like my roosters beady ass eyeball red. I really liked the white. Ill see how it looks w the clear n work on other stuff. Now other things that dont looks so good stand out because the paint looks so good.

Was kinda apprehensive about spraying, monday some city car was eyeballing me. Neighbor that lets me borrow that big compressor came over and told me. Somebody musta called. Im figurin w the covid thing, staffs thin and not working weekends. Of course right after I painted, I pulled the car out and a cop car rolls by kinda slow and one guys eyeballin me. I had the roof on a garbage can and the door panels in the middle of the garage, cuz told me the lackuh thinnuh could be smelt for awhile. I clean those guns out after each batch of paint now. Anywho, they rolled on.

So whats next? I dunno, but itll be in my next post. Probably.

shem
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Shem looks great!!!! what red did you use? How much of the gallon did you use and how many coats. Interested to see what I’m going to need for mine.!!!

Wayne
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-14-2020 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regarding the police, if you grab your crotch and throw up a sorta gang sign when they're mugging you I'm told they understand you're nobody to be messed with. That's what I heard anyway. Might be worth trying but don't quote me.

Seriously though, (I'm the paranoid type) it's possible what were doing was responding to a complaint that you're painting without a spray booth and no Codes person was available on weekends like they aren't avail here on weekends. In our fairly unregulated city we are required to have a booth. In the county, I don't think it's required. You might want to erect a visual screen when you spray the clear so nobody calls. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a visit on Monday from a Codes person. Don't answer the door.

BTW, I attended a neighborhood meeting once where an old retired man complained that his neighbor built a garage with no window on his side and that was a problem because he couldn't see what was going on inside of it. He complained that the owner might be painting cars in there.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2020 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nah they were just patrolling. Its just everything was out there presentation style including me with red in my hair and on my nose. Not worried. If anything-"oh yeah im painting my garage!" lol

Really didnt use much of the red. Its a 1 to 1 mix, so 1 gallon of paint will give 2 gallons of paint when mixed properly. I filled the big gun 4.25 times, so maybe 2 beer mugs volumewise for a pretty fat coat. Def use white for the primer sealer if yer gonna go w red.

Taking a break from the car today, plan my next moves. Gotta spend some cpu time on the dust issue

shem
dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2020 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Shem looks great!!!! what red did you use? How much of the gallon did you use and how many coats. Interested to see what I’m going to need for mine.!!!

Wayne
turbodad2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2020 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodad2Send a Private Message to turbodad2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Job! I knew this was going to be great when you chopped off that nose and reworked the top and you have not disappointed ...well done Shemdogg ...the proportions on this car are great.
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks really good Shem! But I'm with you, a white F40 is pure fire!
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Shem

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2020 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2020 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting there!

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2020 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely loving this !
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2020 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Absolutely loving this !

Seconded!

HAGO!

Franked

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrankedSend a Private Message to FrankedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing difference, if I tried that, the whole surface would be moon craters, like a lumpy potato.I don't do bodywork.
SWEET!
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the likes fellas It is appreciated! Started sandin and filling some of the sub micron pinholes that are left, then decided to take a break. I need to finish the spoiler and the side vents and some udder things foist. Made some progress on the side vents after a few experiments. They will have to be attached to the door and open w the door.

The ps a pillar is more visible than the ds where it meets the hood. It bugs me

It went on the list o stuffs to figure out

Found that magic spot the tire leaks air again, broke the bead

No room for the jack in the garage, had to drive it out

Hadta figure out how to move the hood back on the ps side when its up in the air. Got at it today, aired up the car, dropped the front crossmember on some bricks. Opened the hood and measured to the ground, 13cm(pos hf tape). Cut the hood loose and bumped it up to 16cm,, stuffed another brick and a towel to hold it there, and glassed it a and a buncha other d dingusses

like the door handle areas that were getting soft

Now it nice and beefy

Extended the doors, first layer of support for the vents

Hoods much better level wise/a pillar wise. crappy pic sorry

Made a trip to the machine shop to work on the wing and get metal for the vents. Need to make another trip and the spoilers ready to get finished. Working rear wing too! Yay!

On my break from the car i have acquired 16 more drones, cupla yuuge ones. Finally found the old clone I been searching for too
search this on ebay

2Pcs X5C-1 Drone RC Quadcopter Explorers 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis with HD Camera WW

its a deal and an awesome durable cheap drone, cameras worthless
Got some for my bros, cousins, and neighbors

My kid has an electric trike w a single 6v motor I have running on a 12v brick battery. Rides it up and down the block , but keeps trying to ride it in the backyard. Its a one legger w no traction so it just sits there and spins in the dirt. Im cheap, love modding. Got 2 12v motors off ebay, and some old handcart tires that wouldnt hold air and a 12" 3/4glv gas pipe from the junkpile. Cut the gas pipe in half to make fork extension to fit the big wheel. Cut the tread off the bad tires and screwed em to the plastic tires. Put foil in the new motor cups and poured fb and chopped fb to make wheel adapters. Attached the adapters to the wheels w screws, mounted the new dual motors, added a motorcycle battery, and lost the seat like a big ol dummy- hadta make one in a pinch out of a 2x6 lol

That lil thing goes everywhere and anywhere now. The front tire adds some give for bumps, and the rear treads grab. he loves it, Rides it all over the big backyard. Proud dad

shem

dobie1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobie1Send a Private Message to dobie1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Shem , I like the door vents , a nice touch .
Getting panels level and equal can be a real bear sometimes but persistence pays off!

Stay safe
Wayne
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I remember a member here mounted the upper louvered vents to the hood, and the lower small vent separate to the lower runner valance part that comes up.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock