Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC by hercimer01
Started on: 05-05-2011 01:13 AM
Replies: 415 (52197 views)
Last post by: hercimer01 on 09-19-2020 11:13 AM
Koert

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome threat! Did you get those red lights on there? They will look so awesome! I need to see it man
IP: Logged
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

I did get just the low beams wired up and working so I can drive it. I still need to put a finish on the buckets and run a power feeder from the battery to the front so I can finish wiring the high beams.

I figured out a way to do either white or red in the same halo. I will do that when the buckets are done.

My Fuel pump quit working due to corroded terminals in the pump connector, I had to drop the tank again and rewire the pump. This time I soldered 10AWG wire directly onto the terminal lugs of the pump.

One thing at a time.
Koert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome. You take a car make it awesome, look at it and think "hmm this can be better" And actually make it even better
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2015 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had to finish the battery relocation before i can finish wiring the high beams. This is my progress so far.
I found this some where on the web.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
Final installation.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

I have had to finish the battery relocation before i can finish wiring the high beams. This is my progress so far.
I found this some where on the web.

That somewhere would be me!
I also weld a short length of rod to the front of the box, just above the floor so that the lip on the base of the battery fits under it. That stops the battery from tipping backwards and the clamp holds the back down.
I stick a sheet of thin plastic (something like the stuff a skylight might be made out of) to the front face where the battery slides in and glue a short length of PVC pipe (about a quarter inch long) into the holes so that the battery terminals cannot touch bare metal.

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 06-18-2015).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

That somewhere would be me!
I also weld a short length of rod to the front of the box, just above the floor so that the lip on the base of the battery fits under it. That stops the battery from tipping backwards and the clamp holds the back down.
I stick a sheet of thin plastic (something like the stuff a skylight might be made out of) to the front face where the battery slides in and glue a short length of PVC pipe (about a quarter inch long) into the holes so that the battery terminals cannot touch bare metal.

Thanks! I was afraid about posting other peoples stuff. I'm glad you like it. By under the front of the box you mean, forward, I bolted in a bent L channel across the top of the battery to hold it down. The clamp, I welded a nut to the bottom of the box to secure the back of the battery. I like the idea of the plastic sheet. However I am concerned with the width of the battery in the tray. It's about 1/2 inch wider than the battery. I'm trying to figure out what do to keep it from sliding sideways. Any ideas?
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slow going but I'm working on it. Still gotta connect the starter and ground after I disconnect the battery of course.

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 07-20-2015).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I learned how to TIG weld today!

jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice welds
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaybug56:

Nice welds

Thanks.

I got the car all taken apart. I'm working on wrapping up the swap install and some extra stuff too!. I'm having some of the hardware Cadmium plated for some extra bling.

Before (prepped)

After

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 07-31-2015).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on the projector wiring too now that the battery is up front.
This is the stock Fiero headlight connector going into the male version of it with the diode installed so the lows will stay on with the high beams. I still have to wire in the projectors to the battery through the relays.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

2289 posts
Member since Mar 2008
Gonna redo the ICM wiring too. I got a bunch of extra pins so I can fab an extra harness.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This where i'm mounting the Hella relays. They are pretty cool because it has two contacts for the output. One for left and one for right. Two relays one for low and one for high beams.

There is a harness that runs under the radiator. That is where I ran the harness to the drivers side from the passenger side relays.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my Zinc plating back today.

Still work cleaning up the harness too.

These are metri-pack 150 series pull to seat. P/N 12A12002 on Amazon from CrimpSupply.com

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 09-11-2015).]

Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Timm/phonedawgs if you read this please contact me asap in regards to my harness and computer...
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ryanap333:

Timm/phonedawgs if you read this please contact me asap in regards to my harness and computer...

Sorry. Wrong person here.

I do wiring myself for a living on aircraft.
I post progress pics on the details like this so people can learn from it.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting close to wrapping it up for FieroRama.
I've been detailing everything.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She's finally ready. This was Sunday morning. The weather was perfect for the show.

85wickedfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85wickedfieroSend a Private Message to 85wickedfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much does a good series 2 3.8sc go for these days?

[This message has been edited by 85wickedfiero (edited 10-17-2015).]

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got roocked on that spare engine. It was supposed to be a low mileage L32. I paid 1,300 with the wire harness and the computer. It's low mileage but it turned out to be an L67.

For a good series 2 L67 you should be around 500. Low mileage maybe more.
85wickedfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85wickedfieroSend a Private Message to 85wickedfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a u pull it in my area has 5 series 2 engines for 250 a piece, but you gotta pull them yourself, I'm thinking of snatching one up for myself.
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your headlights they look awesome man. Where can I get a set?

This where i'm mounting the Hella relays. They are pretty cool because it has two contacts for the output. One for left and one for right. Two relays one for low and one for high beams.

There is a harness that runs under the radiator. That is where I ran the harness to the drivers side from the passenger side relays.

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood (modded)
'00 Corvette vert. 6spd Yellow/Black (lightly modded)
'05 Colorado Xtreme Black/Graphite
'13 CanAm Spyder ST-S SE5 Pearl Yellow (modded)

j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

j bf1

310 posts
Member since Dec 2011
I like your headlights they look awesome man. Where can I get a set?

------------------
~John

'88 GT 5spd White/Beechwood (modded)
'00 Corvette vert. 6spd Yellow/Black (lightly modded)
'05 Colorado Xtreme Black/Graphite
'13 CanAm Spyder ST-S SE5 Pearl Yellow (modded)

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finished this today. Works great on the work bench, now I have to put it in the car. It's laid up now for the winter so I can do my winter projects.

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85wickedfiero:

How much does a good series 2 3.8sc go for these days?

Here is one in my area. For your 'merkuns, that's $300 Cdn, which is about $200US. Even if it's just a lump, might be worth it. I'm thinking on it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-engi...hNavigationFlag=true
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gathering up mods to keep me busy this winter.
It would be nice to find some electrochromic (auto dimming) side mirrors. It sucks sitting at a stop light at night.

PFF
System Bot
jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gathering up mods to keep me busy this winter.
It would be nice to find some electrochromic (auto dimming) side mirrors. It sucks sitting at a stop light

They make those?
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. This mirror is from a 98 Escalade. Tahoe mirrors are the same too except they don't have controls for the headlights. This mirror does something to delay the head lights too but i'm not sure what for. It's not on the print but it is on the mirror (2 pin connector)

jaybug56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup. This mirror is from a 98 Escalade. Tahoe mirrors are the same too except they don't have controls for the headlights. This mirror does something to delay the head lights too but i'm not sure what for. It's not on the print but it is on the mirror (2 pin connector)

I wonder if corvettes have that option. Those mirrors look good.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mirror is Gentex which is in alot of different car makes. I found theses on a 1999 Buick LeSabre Limited. Personally I don't like the looks of the Corvette side mirrors because of the telescoping look which to me doesn't flow with the styling of a fiero. These are similar, fiberglass and easily modded to fit right. (I hope)

Maybe these will work. They have power,defrost and auto dim.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2015 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is with power applied, both mirrors hooked up and the photo cell blocked off.

And this is with power applied, both mirrors hooked up and a flashlight in the photo cell.

hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any interest? I've been buying up all the ones I can find to sell.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/073507.html#p0

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 02-23-2016).]

Gwhite18

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might be interested in one. But I would be scavenging the cd player out of it to fix the one in my camaro. Long story but mine ended up in my dad's 1998 gtp.
FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2016 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interest here for a plug & play.

Awesome thread by the way. Keep up the great work keeping us updated too.
hercimer01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock