Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Finale Roadster, The Build (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Finale Roadster, The Build by Archie
Started on: 08-17-2004 11:13 PM
Replies: 486 (61645 views)
Last post by: Hulki U. My-BFF on 10-19-2009 01:23 PM
malacite

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2004 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

ROFLMAO

Some of you people are crazy, the rest of you are just nuts.

funny, my doctor said the same thing.

IP: Logged
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2004 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Earlier in the week we had done some planning on what we would be needing to do to the decklid area in regards to the headrests & the top of the decklid. If you compare these pics to the PS showing the decklid to the actual decklid, you'll see that the PS has the surface of the decklid lower than it is in the actual car.

The actual decklid is almost as high as the stock Fiero seats are & we'll have to lower the decklid as much as we can to get some definition in the headrest extensions.

I had an old Instrument panel surround from a dash I designed years ago & it had the outside shape I had in mind for the headrest extensions.

But I also wanted it to taper back into the decklid a lot farther than it does in this picture.

Hi all,

In tha last pic of a photoshopped finished speedster....What is that interior, are you planning on making it??

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2005 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to bump this to the top.
vamper68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2005 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vamper68Send a Private Message to vamper68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
step step step step...... oh why hello.... have we all been good little boys and girls? ...... bump .....
FieroAddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAddictSend a Private Message to FieroAddictEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another up-date please.
Synthetic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SyntheticSend a Private Message to SyntheticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new?
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a sneaking suspicion you'll be hearing something about this VERY Soon.

John Stricker

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

John Stricker

....riiiighhhhttt... out with it!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

John Stricker

Wow, How did He know that?!?!?!?

We finally have the deck lid finished and the rear clip done. Here are some pics of it right after we sprayed the 1st layer of DuraTech. Three layers of this stuff with sanding in between & we can start building up the molds.

Archie

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie you have to keep those wheels on it!!! I love those, hahaha I know I know there move around wheels. ITS A JOKE!!!
I was hoping you were going to get this done for the World Of Wheel!?!?!?!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

You were right, I like the decklid a lot. It's going to work well with the idea I have in mind for venting, I think. I'll see if Chris can photoshop something up this weekend and send it to you. Looks like I might get to see Chicago in sunny early February.

John Stricker

Wow, How did He know that?!?!?!?

We finally have the deck lid finished and the rear clip done. Here are some pics of it right after we sprayed the 1st layer of DuraTech. Three layers of this stuff with sanding in between & we can start building up the molds.

Archie

Synthetic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SyntheticSend a Private Message to SyntheticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the shape of that decklid!

That would push me over the edge regarding buying a Finale Kit for my fiero... What have you worked out (if anything) for a top for it?

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2005 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't speak for Archie, but for me the car will be a roadster in the truest sense of the word. No top, soft or hard, is planned. Treat it like a motorcycle, drive it on nice days and have a good cover in the boot for when you run into unexpected inclement weather.

Interiors will dry out if they get wet.

John Stricker

Originally posted by Synthetic:

I really like the shape of that decklid!

That would push me over the edge regarding buying a Finale Kit for my fiero... What have you worked out (if anything) for a top for it?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a top for it?

There will be no top, I will have a place to stick your Rain Gear in.

Archie

Synthetic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SyntheticSend a Private Message to SyntheticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not having a top will not dissuade me from the build - I am looking forward to this rebody... How long until you can bring the decklid into production?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2005 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not having a top will not dissuade me from the build - I am looking forward to this rebody... How long until you can bring the decklid into production?

We are making 3 major molds.

1) The top of the new decklid.
2) The top of the new rear clip configuration.
3) The underside of the new Decklid.

The goal is to pull the 1st parts out of the molds by Feb. 1st. & We should be able to produce a complete body every 10 to 12 days. The 1st few bodies should come very quickly because we are curently working to build up inventory of the unchanged parts of the complete kit. The 1st 3 sets of roadster parts are already spoken for. So you can expect to be able to get the complete kit by the end of Feb.

Archie

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Arch, I seem to remember that the british roadsters had a cover that went across the passengers side of the car, leaving only the driver exposed. Is "tonnau cover" the right term ? How about something like that ? You could keep stuff dry on the passenger's seat or floor because they would be under the cover. Maybe you could make your molds to accommodate a slot or snaps to attach the cover from the passenger's door to the console and dash to the rear bulkhead. There would be no attachment at the console because it would be open at shoulder level and the driver's shifter hand would be under the cover.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-16-2005).]

malacite

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it shouldn't be that hard to add some snaps yourself and crerate such a cover using a tonoeu cover for any small pickup an elecric drill and a sewing machine. any upolstry shop ought to be able to rig something up...
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a web site that kinda tells you how to make a toneau cover. http://rawilson.net/cobra/images/kit/accessories/toneau/index.html

If I get wet too many times, I might have one made for my car eventually, but right now it's not the focus of my attention.

Archie

------------------

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sooooo looking forward to seeing this thing ready to go. It's just too cool.

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 01-16-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Are you bringing the finished roadster to Daytona ??

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie

Are you bringing the finished roadster to Daytona ??

I don't think it'll be done by then.

Archie

Synthetic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SyntheticSend a Private Message to SyntheticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates... new pics?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little update.

We have the molds off of the new decklid & the new upper rear clip. In fact those molds already have fiberglass laid up in them.

The mold for the underside of the new decklid is being made right now.

I know everyone want to see pics & I'll try to get some in the morning.

We should have at least one set of panels out of the molds by the end of next week & then the big drain in the bottom of my checking account will be sealed off again.

Archie

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little update.

We have the molds off of the new decklid & the new upper rear clip. In fact those molds already have fiberglass laid up in them.

The mold for the underside of the new decklid is being made right now.

I know everyone want to see pics & I'll try to get some in the morning.

We should have at least one set of panels out of the molds by the end of next week & then the big drain in the bottom of my checking account will be sealed off again.

Archie

bump

AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2005 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might as well keep this thing bumped.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I have pics of the 1st new Roadster rear clip as it has come out of the mold. Still have to clean it up and do some trimming around the edges. Notice it has returns all around where the new decklid will lay when closed. These returns should keep the water from leaking into the trunk & make for a nice mounting to the upper frame rails just behind the rear window.

Here is the "test" pc out of the mold for the outside part of the rear decklid.

Here is the mold for the upper (outside) part of the new decklid.

And here is the mold for the lower (inside) part of the new decklid.

These molds are being waxed up right now & we'll have finished parts out of them by this weekend.

When building a Roadster version of the Fino or Finale all of the other parts including the nose, hood, door panels Rocker panels etc. remain the same & we have a bunch of those in stock already to go.

Archie

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

I'll call you tomorrow. We'll set something up for the next couple of weeks. I smell a road trip to Chicago coming up.

John Stricker

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can't get me on the800 number, call my cell phone. Going to be at the Chicago auto show tomorrow taking pictures of the Solstice.

Archie

Archie,

I'll call you tomorrow. We'll set something up for the next couple of weeks. I smell a road trip to Chicago coming up.

John Stricker

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it will have the same rear wing and not a spoiler like in Aus' photochop?
Either way it looks great, can't wait to see one come together.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Looks like it will have the same rear wing and not a spoiler like in Aus' photochop?
Either way it looks great, can't wait to see one come together.

Based on the pictures on page 6 of this thread, we decided that it would look pretty good with the low wing.

But, that doesn't keep people from fitting their own wing design into it.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-15-2005).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So if it is ready for Carlisle and I make it over again do I get a drive?

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2005 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

So if it is ready for Carlisle and I make it over again do I get a drive?

Sure

ato4life

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ato4lifeSend a Private Message to ato4lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will be back in crystal lake in two weeks from college for spring break. i am most deff going to stop by the shop. Also i wanted to know if you had any of your battery box relocators in stock i wanted to pick on up when i get home.

Also great work you desevre lots of respect.

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this build is awsome, great work archie!

------------------
Carbed 4.5l and 125c, made to be? And Im only 17. think about when Im 30!!

Crow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrowSend a Private Message to CrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on the windshield header? I need one for my roadster.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Crow:

Any news on the windshield header? I need one for my roadster.

We haven't tooled a header. I plan to fabricate & weld one up (out of sheet metal) right on the car.

Archie

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fourpoint - the wing allows more rear vision than the spoiler .....
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Going to be at the Chicago auto show tomorrow taking pictures of the Solstice.

Archie

sniff, sniff.... do i smell an LS2 Solstice

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock