Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Finale Roadster, The Build (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Finale Roadster, The Build by Archie
Started on: 08-17-2004 11:13 PM
Replies: 486 (61645 views)
Last post by: Hulki U. My-BFF on 10-19-2009 01:23 PM
riley

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2004 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is amazing, it is such a good thing that i don't work for archie cause if i did i would never want to go home or sleep, i would be working prolly 22 hours/day and 2 hours eating. this is so exciting, i cant wait to read more. this also brings up mixed feelings over long weekends.

*** EDIT, wow, i get to own page 5. that just made my weekend.***

[This message has been edited by riley (edited 09-04-2004).]

IP: Logged
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2004 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-14-2009).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2004 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From my own experiences of building stuff with exactly the same foam you should be able to laminate over it giving you a nice solid fibreglass base to work with at the filling stage.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2004 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Today's update.

Now, that we have the decklid opening up above & beyond any interferrance issues, we can get along with the body modifications.......
Up 'til this point, prior to this post, how many people had actually noticed or even considered that we would have to custom make decklid hinges?
More to come......

Would taking a bit off of the height off the "humps" or placed back a tad bit more, make it possible to still use the stock hinges? Or is the seat headrest also a factor in this? I would guess that "just tilting the seat back forward would be to much of a pain to do each time the trunk was to be opened.
Could you give me the part # , place to buy it etc. info for the foam stuff you are using please? PM if possible thx

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2004 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would change the angle of the head stops on the decklid, so they slope in the opposite direction of where it would meet the seats. This would give you some more clearance. You also could shape the front of the decklid in a "C" shape and could match it up to the waterfall center console with a round bull nose shaped opening at the meeting edge. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2004 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Could you give me the part # , place to buy it etc. info for the foam stuff you are using please? PM if possible thx

and.... What are you up to..??
Kevin.. Hurry you are going to be getting behind... (you never should have givin' me the 'trophy' in Jefferson...lol)

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!* *FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*
*~*going 4.9L*~*Pic's Coming Soon! Stay Tuned!!

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2004 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
- BUMP -
87FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anymore progress Archie?

------------------
----------------------

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to report yet this week.

We've been working on customer cars and working at getting our cars ready for FieroRama this weekend.

On top of it all, I've spent the best part of the last 10 days moving into a new house (new to us anyway) up in Rockford. Haven't had my good computer connected to DSL for about 4 days now, so I'm running behind on my PFF watching and I'm sure I'm way behind on EMail. I'm on dial up now & it sucks.

I'll be back on a cable connection sometime Monday.

Archie

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had no idea this thread was going on!! (probably less trolls in the Tech section)
PFF Spyder is a very cool name! When will it be for sale?

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

I had no idea this thread was going on!! (probably less trolls in the Tech section)
PFF Spyder is a very cool name! When will it be for sale?

I didn't know this was either. This thread rocks! I am always amazed when something new and fresh like this is still able to be done
I agree that it has probably survived better over here in tech.
I find that sad that though many of us still feel that PFF in general is still pretty much flame free that
a thread like this was maybe put here instead of general chat because of possible fear of geting hijacked by trolls.

Keep us posted Archie, especially with pics This is coming along nicely

PFF
System Bot
William Federle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for William FederleSend a Private Message to William FederleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie are you going to move your operation to Rockford?
William Federle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for William FederleSend a Private Message to William FederleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

William Federle

733 posts
Member since Sep 1999
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by William Federle:

Yes, in about 4 to 5 months, I'm gonna find a bigger building around Belvidere, or so, & expand the business over that way.

Archie

edited to add.........

BTW, if you think the thread for building the Stinger was big, wait 'til you see the thread on moving all this stuff I have.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-10-2004).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, in about 4 to 5 months, I'm gonna find a bigger building around Belvidere, or so, & expand the business over that way.

Archie

edited to add.........

BTW, if you think the thread for building the Stinger was big, wait 'til you see the thread on moving all this stuff I have.

Are you going to have a big " Help Archie Move " party?

Wait.....that's the middle of winter!

Bring your trailers!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 09-10-2004).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Bring your trailers!!!!!

I wonder if he will be able to find volunteers to assist in driving all the V-8 Fiero's to his new building?

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Bring your trailers!!!!!

I wonder how much stuff would get "lost along the way"? ahem...

--Will

HOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HOSSend a Private Message to HOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering. Is the Finale/Fino wider than a stock Fiero?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The body is a few inches wider.....but not too much. If you can find a shot with the doors open, you'll see that added thickness at the rear edge of the door, as the bolt on door skin is about the widest part of the car.

Mark
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2004 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking rollover bars...any plans to fit one? That will be a suicide ride if it turns over at any speed..Sorry to appear negative on such a great project.
fierofetish
Name?? LT -1 PFFormanza

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 09-11-2004).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

That might be the time that I have to come back and get the Limo

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie whatt is the story on the limo ? is that a dead project ?

Just curious, havenot heard anything about it in a loooooong time.

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought...
What about incoorporating the headrest into the humps. all you would have to do is remove the exsisting head rest and mount a pad you could also possibly mount some tubing under the humps as a kind of roll bar.

------------------
Ezra
88 Fiero 2M4 90000 Miles

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie whatt is the story on the limo ? is that a dead project ?

Just curious, havenot heard anything about it in a loooooong time.

I'm back, I was on dial-up for the last 10 days or so & I just got my cable hooked up & running.

The Limo project is for sale. It seemed like a good idea at the time but, after thinking about it, it would take me $15K to $20K to finish it with a V-8, paint, custom interior and everything. To be honest, I realized that even if it was finished I wouldn't drive it. If I wanted to drive something with a back seat I'd just drive my wifes Caddy.

As far as fixing it up to take to shows, it's not really representative of "what I do", so it would be like my 4th car in priority to take to a show & when the PFF Spyder is done it would be 5th in line.

It would be a perfect car for some young guy who has a young family to take the whole group to & from Fiero shows, but that's not me anymore.

I'll be back with new reports on the Spyder tomorrow.

Archie

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Limo project is for sale. It seemed like a good idea at the time but, after thinking about it, it would take me $15K to $20K to finish it with a V-8, paint, custom interior and everything. Archie

I just knew that if anyone had the $$ and ability to finish it and DO IT RIGHT... It was you Archie!!
Well, maybe it will fall into good hands that can make us proud and GM jealous...lol

Thanks for keeping us updated on it.

Steve

------------------
----------------------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!*
*FIRST-EVER CHOPTOP-WIDEBODY GT!!*

(( 4.9L-V8-5speed)) swap soon
-----------------------------------------------

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2004 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this much

turns into this much

In under 3 minutes, just think of the fun you could have pouring those two drums of it together (and of course running like hell)

------------------

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Azriel:

If this much

turns into this much

In under 3 minutes, just think of the fun you could have pouring those two drums of it together (and of course running like hell)

That's true OH MAN what a Mess that would be....

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Azriel:

Looks like the birth of "Thingie"! It's head is already coming out!

I think I will buy some of this stuff next time I go to my fiberglass supplier.

Crow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrowSend a Private Message to CrowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that the limo that Bob Steiger started?
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2004 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Looks like the birth of "Thingie"! It's head is already coming out!

I think I will buy some of this stuff next time I go to my fiberglass supplier.

I've got some on the way right now Think of all the Thingies I'll have!! Muwahahahha!!! My army is being created!!!

Kris

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I've got to ask, How much is the limo? Does it currently move under it's own power?

------------------
_____

Marty
_____

PFF
System Bot
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo! I got my foam mix today. That stuff is really cool!!! OK, I'm done thread hijacking. Good work Archie. I think I will like this one a lot better that the hardtop.

Kris

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Crow:

Is that the limo that Bob Steiger started?

I think so, It's changed hands three times since I've been on PFF. Chester sold it to Archie. I was tempted to drop it on my trailer when I was there in August...

but like Archie it would be 4th or 5th in line and I don't know when I would finish it. It would be great for the die hard Fiero Person with one or two kids.

Here is a thread with a Pic:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040223-1-035341.html

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-15-2004).]

ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2004 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Kitten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2004 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KittenSend a Private Message to KittenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Kitten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KittenSend a Private Message to KittenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump Bump
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think that some hood hinges form a 60s-70s muscle car would work for the rear deck. They would lift the deck up as it opens. Just a thought.
gumert

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gumertSend a Private Message to gumertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

I would think that some hood hinges form a 60s-70s muscle car would work for the rear deck. They would lift the deck up as it opens. Just a thought.

You saying that brought to mind a picture of my 66 mustang hinges. The only problem I would see would be mounting them - they mount to two parallel surfaces when closed vs the fiero deck lid which is mounted perpendicular to the firewall.

Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is true, but this is not a fiero deck lid. It looks like it extends out to the quarter panels. So you might just need to add a little metal between the firewall and the strut tower to mount them.
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates, Archie?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock