Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Finale Roadster, The Build (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Finale Roadster, The Build by Archie
Started on: 08-17-2004 11:13 PM
Replies: 486 (61645 views)
Last post by: Hulki U. My-BFF on 10-19-2009 01:23 PM
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all,

Good news archie!! It really is too bad about those with poor visualability.......Can't wait to see this new interior, esp. if it is what I think it may be..... Have you chose a name yet?? Any that you like??

edit: HAHAHAHA!!! I own this page.....!

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 08-04-2005).]

IP: Logged
pugmi16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2005 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pugmi16Send a Private Message to pugmi16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Archie,
Just wanted to say HEY!! Just brought the Fiero out of storage and am starting to work on it... Looking at the fino body kit as that is the route I will go (Love the taillights so keep um ) Also my interior needs to be replaced (Personally don't enjoy the Brown 84 color) Cant Wait to see the interior that fits in as a stock fiero!! Well just wanted to give this thread a bump!! Keep us updated please and can’t wait to see the pics!!
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well we've been putting in a bit of time of the Roadster the last couple of days. might be able to get a few more days in on it before the Pre-FieroRama rush comes in.

Before you look at the pics, let me tell you what you are looking at.

The part between & behind the seats is actually a "Buck". The "Buck" is the model that you would make molds off of. The molds then would make the parts for this interior kit.

The back panel that waterfalls into the center console is being designed so that it will fit into a stock Fiero. Even the top "Package Tray" part of it will fit inside the stock rear window. The 2 corner parts (to the drivers left elbow & the passengers right elbow) Will be parts that will fit a roadster only. I'm sure they could be modified to fit into the stock Fiero corners & to fit the Fiero converts.

The forward end of the console is being designed so that it will fit up to virtually any stock or aftermarket Fiero dash I've seen. In these pics it's being mated up to the dash I sell, but it should mate up to a stock Fiero shifter surround & dash.

As I said these are "Bucks" so the 2 vertical lines you see behind the seats won't be there on production parts.

We intend to have the Roadster at FieroRama as a "roller" only. It will have these "bucks" in it (properly painted) because we won't have time to get parts out of the molds before the show.

Archie

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great. Nice work.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie - I really like the waterfall, but the caps for the B-pillars are AWESOME!

It looks like they will line up well with the fastback panels at the B-pillars and flow nicely into the decklid area. These will greatly simplify the panel work for making a Roadster with fastback panels (and possible notchback).

When I make my next Roadster I was planning to use fastback panels, so this is very appealing to me!!

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 08-08-2005).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Archie - I really like the waterfall, but the caps for the B-pillars are AWESOME!

It looks like they will line up well with the fastback panels at the B-pillars and flow nicely into the decklid area. These will greatly simplify the panel work for making a Roadster with fastback panels (and possible notchback).

When I make my next Roadster I was planning to use fastback panels, so this is very appealing to me!!

Thanks. If you look closely you'll see that the "B" pillar covers go all the way down to the floor. We took the fiberglass "B" pillar covers that we now make for the chop top & modified them to make the "Buck" that we will be making the molds from. These parts along with the body will be painted in time for the FieroRama show. After the show we will be taking them out of the car and making the molds off of them.

Archie

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie - I love the "waterfall" part... I'll be keeping an eye on that for my GreenGT in the future!

Keep up the nice work - I too am looking forward to seeing the car in September.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2005 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simply awesome....
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've done quite a bit of work on the Roadster in the last few days.

Mr. Mike made another special set of leather seats for it & they came in yesterday.

Here are a few pics from the last couple of days.

Archie

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOLY COW!!! That's looking great, Archie...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here*

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That waterfall is looking real nice. It would make a nice platform for mounting a 10" sub too. But I would have to cut a couple of holes to mount a roll bar as I am afraid of rolling over in a convertible.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

That waterfall is looking real nice. It would make a nice platform for mounting a 10" sub too. But I would have to cut a couple of holes to mount a roll bar as I am afraid of rolling over in a convertible.

Well, I'm not up on all the modern sound systems but you met Rob & Kris & I'm putting them in charge of the tunes on this car.

I just hope I can get the Beach Boys, Tommy James & The Kinks on CD with enhanced Bass.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well we are getting close to paint, so we just had to see what it looked like with the wheels on it.

Can't wait to see it in Yellow.

Archie

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Lookin sweet archie!!

Zreon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZreonSend a Private Message to ZreonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just looked through all 11 pages and all I can say is WOW. That is truly an amazing looking car. I love how the interior is comming so far too. Keep up the great work!!!
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa, that thing is looking great! Hmm, now you have me thinking I need a convertable..... haha

--Will

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amazing.

If i lived close to his shop Archie would probably have to throw me out as i would be over there all the time trying to absorb all his knowledge hehehe.

Fantastic work as always !

iowaguy86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2005 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iowaguy86Click Here to visit iowaguy86's HomePageSend a Private Message to iowaguy86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, your my hero! This thread is soo amazing, it should be pinned. I have been reading through this thread and it's been going on for a year now! The car is looking awesome. How much would it cost to build one of those?
drummer5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drummer5Send a Private Message to drummer5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So this is my first post in a year or so, and I just have to say, WOW! It is amazing to see how much work you and your shop have done in that time frame! It's great to see motivation like this in the fiero community.

The roadster looks amazing, I wish I wasn't a broke college student or else I would buy one asap. The only thing is that it's begging for a custom formed cut down windshield with no supports, but that would probably cost as much to make as the whole car...

[This message has been edited by drummer5 (edited 08-26-2005).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the best one yet, Archie. I'll see it on Sept 10 at your open house.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get an engine in it? Will it be painted for fierorama? It looks further along than I expected.

Mr Mikes seats are the best. I love mine.

PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

Did you get an engine in it? Will it be painted for fierorama? It looks further along than I expected.

Ditto, Will it be done by Fierorama?

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha, I just noticed your(or someone) flippin the bird to Mr Mikes seats. I hope you don't offend him.

I'm just that easily amused.

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It will be painted by Fierorama.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

It will be at Fierorama but as a roller only. We started on it a year ago but there were many months in there where we never got to work on it because of moving & because of customer cars taking priority.

After Fierorama, it gets taken apart again so we can do the engine, chassis & take molds off of the interior etc.

I'm thinking, this will be my main show car for the 2006 season.

haha, I just noticed your(or someone) flippin the bird to Mr Mikes seats. I hope you don't offend him.

I'm just that easily amused.

Not insulting Mike. We were just showing off the Seat Belt loop he put in the seatbacks for the Roadster.

I'm honored that Mike always seems to be able to make up something special for any special car that we are doing.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm thinking, this will be my main show car for the 2006 season.

So this time at Carlisle I get to drive my concept right?

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
"All anybody wants is a normal life and a cool car. Most people settle for the car." -Christopher Titus

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While at Archie's shop, the day before Fierorama:

Looking good!

theratdude64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theratdude64Send a Private Message to theratdude64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geeze that thing is NUTS. You Rule Archie

------------------

ato4life

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ato4lifeSend a Private Message to ato4lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how about the dash pics . never really seen one of your dashes fully finished. great work also.
Chewy_bjj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chewy_bjjSend a Private Message to Chewy_bjjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Drools* Soooooo beautiful
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie are you bringing this car along with your new chopper to Daytona ?
Helo-mech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2005 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Helo-mechClick Here to visit Helo-mech's HomePageSend a Private Message to Helo-mechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by malacite:

funny, my doctor said the same thing.

Another request to the photoshop guys, Can anyone put a Fiero GT logo on this guy's shirt? I am just in the learning stages of photoshop!

------------------
My house is almost done, and my 85 GT wants more power! Soon to be - 3800SC!
Check out my Fiero project page!

ato4life

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ato4lifeSend a Private Message to ato4lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any chances of showing us the dash. have never seen one of your dashes fully finished. thanks. greak work also
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the flap for? Are you giving us the finger, hehe.

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seatbelt?
85GTV84FUN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTV84FUNSend a Private Message to 85GTV84FUNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any other pics of this car posted? That looks insane.
CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2005 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie could you give me the reorder no. on the 2 part foam an do it come in 1 gallon cotainers of each an a phone no. to order from thanks very much

[This message has been edited by CETICARS (edited 12-02-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Archie are you bringing this car along with your new chopper to Daytona ?

bump

VISCERAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VISCERALSend a Private Message to VISCERALEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock