Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Turbo Super Duty Build. (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Turbo Super Duty Build. by FastIndyFiero
Started on: 09-27-2004 06:50 PM
Replies: 627 (85442 views)
Last post by: Will on 05-08-2023 06:40 PM
FastIndyFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

NBD on the flange interference thing with the block. 10 minutes with an angle grinder to the offending parts of the flanges will fix the problem right up.

Yeah, it's not anything that can't be taken care of. One thing I am worried about is how close the top outer holes are to the ports. I've been contemplating making an adapter to move the pattern out farther on those holes.

PS, I pwn page niner.

[This message has been edited by FastIndyFiero (edited 06-01-2007).]

IP: Logged
Greg_zee_German

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2007 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg_zee_GermanClick Here to visit Greg_zee_German's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg_zee_GermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my first post on this forum. I spent the last 2 hours catching up on the last 3 years of your life. You sir, are a credit to the Fiero community. Keep these pics coming.

P.S. Are you married? If so, please crate up your wife and send her to Norfolk, VA. Here she may be able to shed some of here unbelievable perfection upon my wife. If you're not.........then don't get one till you're done!!!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2007 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg_zee_German:

This is my first post on this forum. I spent the last 2 hours catching up on the last 3 years of your life. You sir, are a credit to the Fiero community. Keep these pics coming.

P.S. Are you married? If so, please crate up your wife and send her to Norfolk, VA. Here she may be able to shed some of here unbelievable perfection upon my wife. If you're not.........then don't get one till you're done!!!

Let me be the first to give you the old howdy doo.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2007 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg_zee_German:

Thank you! I hope this thread serves as a reminder of the fantastic resource that the other members of this board have been to me. I've gotten alot of help in technical matters, and alot of pep when I just got bored with it.

As far as being married....My fiance says she will probably kill me if I push the wedding date back .

Stay tuned, more exciting progress in a while.
Nate
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soooooo......
I bought a DOHC head.

[This message has been edited by FastIndyFiero (edited 06-04-2007).]

p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you want cams with that?
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you buy those super duty parts on ebay for $3000+?
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Did you buy those super duty parts on ebay for $3000+?

Yep. Should be shipping out tomorrow.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So let me get this straight. This car will have a DOHC turbo super duty engine with nitrious?

You truely are a madman. Cant wait to see it run!

I guess that would make it a DOHC-SD4-T + N20 fiero huh? hehe

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 06-04-2007).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just get it running already!!!

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

project86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project86gtClick Here to visit project86gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to project86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spent almost 30 min reading this post from the first page to the last,and I must say that,you,Mr.Nate,you are insane!!!I love it and can't get enough!!!
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

Soooooo......

I bought a DOHC head.

Glad I could help! -Jason

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Glad I could help! -Jason

Yes, I probably never would have seen it if you hadn't put the link up. Thanks!
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Soooooo......
I bought a DOHC head.

Soooo......
Guess you won't be needing that 2 valve head anymore.... shipping to 48504?
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew it. You can't say no to this project.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I probably never would have seen it if you hadn't put the link up. Thanks!

Believe it or not, you were the first person I thought of when I seen that auction. Glad you got it, keep posting the pics I want to see this project done. -Jason

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I ask where the MAT sensor goes in relation to the turbo, before or after?
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:
Just get it running already!!!

Just give him 10 more years. He's gonna have to start hooking to pay for that head.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
Can I ask where the MAT sensor goes in relation to the turbo, before or after?

The air temperature sensor always goes after the turbocharger, intercooler, and anything else that can potentially change the air temp entering the engine. The closer it is to the cylinder head, the better it's going to reflect the actual temperature of the air entering the combustion chamber.

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:
Just give him 10 more years. He's gonna have to start hooking to pay for that head.

Who's first?!?!
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I get a linky to the Super duty head that he bought? I'm want to see some automotive p*rn.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

Can I get a linky to the Super duty head that he bought? I'm want to see some automotive p*rn.

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem will this help?-Jason

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I saw that but last I looked at it, it was going for $300. jeesh!
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ you mean 3,000 $?? lol O M F G !!!...somone needs to sponser this guy....
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88 Silver Formula

857 posts
Member since Feb 2007
well with all that hard work and time spent into this i think its only nessassary for you to put that multi thousand dallar 4 cyl into a very nice/mint 88 silver formula...only 262 made....hmmmm??? hmmmmm??? and it even has a high dallar 3400 in the rear to your dispossal..just work its "tic" bug out..and its a sweet eng!...feast your eyes...

whatchs think??? $ 14.999?? reasonable price i may say? hmmmm?? whatcha think!!???

[This message has been edited by 88 Silver Formula (edited 06-06-2007).]

88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump ety bump?
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$15,000?!?! Thanks, already have an Indy to put it in though I already owe money to people I don't want to owe too, lol.

I'm hoping that the head gets here sometime next week. The anticipation is killing me.

Nate
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well it is a VERY clean nice 88 formula tho? heuh? lol...it was half a joke lol..its amazing what some of these 88's go for nowa days...seing them for 13,000 to 17,000 isnt uncommon...glad i stole mine from an ol lady for 2,900$ lol blue book value.. and yes i cant wait for you to get that head!!...what cams are you gona use?
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still working on resolving the cam issue (that is, they couldn't find any). Kit could be here this week. Been working on figuring out the driveline/trans setup.
ambfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ambfieroSend a Private Message to ambfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see you have been just working on the engine since 2004. WOW thats a long time.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ambfiero:

I see you have been just working on the engine since 2004. WOW thats a long time.

Yeah, I actually started building the engine in mid 2003. Started school in '04, so that's a college student's budget for ya. My parents have kicked in alot of money, which I really appreaciate. If I had the money, this thing would be done much sooner, I have to let the bank account replenish every once and a while. I don't regard this project as being important enough to go into debt for.

I've been kicking around some transmission ideas, since I don't REALLY have one I can use with this engine, I have alot of options there. Right now it's either a heavily modded Getrag 282, modded G6 6-spd, or heavily modded 4t65E HD. I'm leaning heavily towards the manual transmissions. I made a calculator in Excel that gives me everything I want and plots it out on a graph, and I've been tossing around different ratios from stock transmissions, as well as some hybrid ratios.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Head arrives on Tuesday, can't wait.
PFF
System Bot
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither can we!
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooooooh, purdy. Everything looks polished already. Not much head work there!

So when do you start assembly?
Cowabunga_kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cowabunga_kidSend a Private Message to Cowabunga_kidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I can't wait to hear that baby purr, keep at it bro.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work progresses with getting all the DOHC stuff sorted out. The bad news: I'm missing the cams, snub cam and cam drive gears, as well as the front timing cover assembly. The good news is that all of the small stuff like valve retainers, chain guide, O-rings, fasteners, gaskets, etc is there, and in very good condition. The timing chain is still in cosmoline.

So, if anyone knows where to find those parts....POST IT!
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You think Cosworth can help? They made that head, didn't they?

http://www.cosworth.com/con...ageid=2&contentid=87

Kansas Racing Products has allot of Super Duty stuff. Supposedly, they have manufacturing rights to the engine.

http://www.kansasracingproducts.com/notes.html

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 06-22-2007).]

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

You think Cosworth can help? They made that head, didn't they?

http://www.cosworth.com/con...ageid=2&contentid=87

Kansas Racing Products has allot of Super Duty stuff. Supposedly, they have manufacturing rights to the engine.

http://www.kansasracingproducts.com/notes.html

Thanks. I had contacted Cosworth immediately following winning the auction. Right now I'm waiting for paperwork regarding that kit to be pulled from their archives.

Concerning KRP...I had been working with them pretty closely from about 2004-2006, and they are the ones I bought my crank from, as well as supplied me other small parts and information. I went to their shop in 2004, and they have some pretty cool stuff there. I DO need to get back in touch with them, however, for something unrelated to the DOHC head.

So the current standing is that I'm STILL looking for the front timing plates and cams. No other progress, I'll keep it posted!

Nate
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working on the CAD model for the head, also been doing things like wieghing valve train components, pistons, rods, etc. Save a total of

I just ordered parts for a new PC from newegg that I'm going to put together, before this I was GOING to try to get ahold of a dry sump pump on eBay and an aluminum pan from KRP.

1 ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Item #: N82E16813131013
$139.99

1 MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-OC GeForce 8600GTS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Over Clock Edition HDCP Video Card - Retail
Item #: N82E16814127284
$164.99

1 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Item #: N82E16822148140
$79.99

1 AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADX6000CZBOX - Retail
Item #: N82E16819103773
$169.99

1 ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail
Item #: N82E16835118223
$53.99

1 RAZER RZ01-00150100-R2M1 Black 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Optical DeathAdder High Precision Gaming Mouse - Retail
Item #: N82E16826153007
$51.99

1 COOLER MASTER RS-550-ACLY ATX12V / EPS12V 550W Power Supply - Retail
Item #: N82E16817171009
$99.99

1 G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ - Retail
Item #: N82E16820231098
$89.99

Total: $858.93
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock