Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Turbo Super Duty Build. (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Turbo Super Duty Build. by FastIndyFiero
Started on: 09-27-2004 06:50 PM
Replies: 627 (85442 views)
Last post by: Will on 05-08-2023 06:40 PM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2004 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like everything is coming together nicely! Cant wait to see the finished product. Keep up the good work.

------------------

Bottle Fed 4.9 V8 5 Speed

IP: Logged
FastIndyFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2004 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm flashing!
My wideband controller memory, that is . I decided to not sleep Sunday night and get it finished up. As far as I can tell, everything is working correctly (no smoke, uh...that's always good ). Of course I have more testing to do, and calibration once the sensor actually gets here.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2004 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woohoo it's moving along, I gotta check the tech section more often I spent my first day off on break making an adaptor harness for my car stereo. Nice when the electronics you made work, sin't it?

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see/hear this thing run. It's gonna be screamin'! Maybe you mentioned this earlier, and I'm sorry if I missed it, but will this engine be very streetable? I noticed you mentioned revving it really high. Do you even plan on driving it outside of a track?

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:
Word of warning, NEVER buy spray-on VHT caliper paint. I'm going to be spending part of tomorrow sandblasting a caliper.

What happened? I've had nothing but good experiences with this stuff.

-Steven

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

I can't wait to see/hear this thing run. It's gonna be screamin'! Maybe you mentioned this earlier, and I'm sorry if I missed it, but will this engine be very streetable? I noticed you mentioned revving it really high. Do you even plan on driving it outside of a track?

What happened? I've had nothing but good experiences with this stuff.

-Steven

I'm going to try to keep it fairly streetable. With the electronic boost controller and the EFI, I can turn it down, so to speak. It probably won't have an idle to speak of, but it won't have to run on like 100 octane gas all the time. I do plan on driving it a fair amount.

With the caliper, I degreased everything with degreaser, then soap and water, then let everything dry, and made sure it was the right temperature, etc. I sprayed it on and it just wouldn't stick.

Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the ice and no power thing kinda delayed what I was planning to do. This weekend, however, I want to get the engine and tranny mocked up on the cradle and set it up for moving the engine 3/4" over. I also recieved my fuel injectors, 75pph.

Still going,
Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's still been cold here, I guess it's still January after all (time to put the furnace back in the garage). I did a couple odds and ends to keep me busy when I wasn't getting started on school.

I worked on painting my calipers for a couple hours, still have one to do.

I have been wondering just what the hell these injectors that I got are. They are supposed to be domestic injectors, but what do import imjectors look like?

Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have been wondering just what the hell these injectors that I got are. They are supposed to be domestic injectors, but what do import imjectors look like?

Those look like the injectors I pulled off my 4.9 Caddy motor when I sold them.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fitting the manifold on the head. Need to trim up a couple areas on the manifold, but the die grinder froze up a while ago, and the dremel tool exploded. Darn, guess I need new tools.

Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been working on my fuel lines lately.

The plan right now is to use MSD top-connecting fittings and clips for the injectors, and braided SS line going to each injector without a central fuel rail, only a distribution block. Then I'll have a chunk of 10AN braided line from there to my regulator, and Russel anodized aluminum 1/2" line for the regulator feed and return line. It looks perfect in my head, but I guess we'll see how the execution comes out.

Nate

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use 90 degree fittings on the outer two injectors as well and bring their lines up between the runners. That will keep the fuel lines out of sight and your engine looking clean.
PFF
System Bot
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another part:

1/2" x 25ft Russell aluminum fuel line, for my feed and return lines from the tank.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, as of a couple hours ago, the decision has been made. I'll be using DIS, instead of my current MSD 6AL/GM heavy duty distributor setup. Lately I've been concerned about the effects of the distributor harmonics on the valve train at very high RPM. Not to mention my reluctance to spend another $200 on a BTM. Instead, I'll be putting that money where it will really count, MegaSquirt II and a Ford EDIS system. The MegaSquirt II has increased injector pulse-width control by a factor of 100, apparently, making it of particular use with my large injectors. It also has VERY good support for DIS. Basically it's a matter of mounting the crank position sensor and wheel, and stuffing the EDIS4 module somewhere. This way I will be able to control timing absolutely, not merely as a function of degrees retarded per lb of boost.

In the relatively short time I've been reading up on the EDIS system (compared to the rest of MegaSquirt), I am already sold on it. It will likely help HP levels, not to mention lengthen the lifespan of my cam and other components. At this point I am moving what was the last holdout of old management technology to a digital system, with fuel, boost, and spark all controlled electronically. Wish me luck.

Nate

StuGood

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StuGoodSend a Private Message to StuGoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Luck!
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and a Ford EDIS system.

Ford?! Blasphomy!

Hurry up and finish it already, will ya?

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know, I know. It being a Ford system has its toll on me too. But it really is a good system with "mad tite" programmability. I'll just keep 3 or 4 backups.
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn this is gunna be crazy........i was thinking about doing a mpi swap on my conquest and i was gunna use a ford edis system and megasquirt...........megesquirt is deffinatly a cool program.
Flyguyeddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2005 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ppsst..... its "blasphemy"

and the edis system is a wonderful device. it has the ability to operate completely standalone if there is no SAW input. stays at 10 degrees if it loses SAW.

why dont you just make a fuel rail? wouldnt that be easier than routing 4 different fuel lines? i may be wrong tho.....

------------------
Brandon Edmonds

1996 Taurus SHO (my baby)
1986 Ford EXP (goin bye-bye soon hopefully)
1986 Fiero (to be my street rocket)
1977 yamaha xs750-2D (in pieces right now, doesnt appear that it will be done for summer, unfortunately)

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flyguyeddy:

ppsst..... its "blasphemy"

and the edis system is a wonderful device. it has the ability to operate completely standalone if there is no SAW input. stays at 10 degrees if it loses SAW.

why dont you just make a fuel rail? wouldnt that be easier than routing 4 different fuel lines? i may be wrong tho.....

For one thing, the injector bosses in the manifold and the ports themselves are not parallel. If I put in all the injectors parallel to each other, I would basically be injecting onto the port walls. With the injectors angled, I can't use a rail because I wouldn't be able to get it on/off. Another is, it's different, and I think it will look very cool and maybe a little bit old-school. Other than that, I have no problem doing plumbing. In fact, I think it's kinda fun, but who knows, maybe I have a couple fittings loose up top.

And yeah, the EDIS is pretty cool. The beauty of it is, besides its reliability, is it's not a hard install. There's the PIP signal running to MegaSquirt, and the SAW output going back to the module. A couple more wires to the crank sensor itself, and the coil pack. Easy stuff. So, do I get the MSD Blaster coil?

Edit: uh oh, looks like I may have spoken too soon. There may be a problem using EDIS above 8500rpm. More later.

Nate

[This message has been edited by FastIndyFiero (edited 03-04-2005).]

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just took delivery of my K-type thermocouple. It will be driving an Autometer Carbon Fiber pyrometer, along with the WBO2 or Megasquirt dataloggers. I already tried it with my WBO2, fun stuff. My dad and I were going to work on the tranny spacer together today, but I ended up doing some plumbing for him instead. Not a very good tradeoff.

Like always, more later
Nate

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity bumpity bump
PFF
System Bot
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, so far I have yet to do a tangible piece of work the last two weeks. I am, however, working quite actively on getting a clutch/flywheel figured out, which is my main hurdle so far. It's getting much closer, and I can honestly say that I can see the engine and transmission becoming friendly with each other some time this spring or summer. (Hey, all those parts don't come free.) I'll give a hint where I am headed right now :

Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I finally made some progress. It looks like a 1" spacer is going to be made, a flywheel made, and used with a 2-disc clutch setup. I got a bunch of measurements today, and made some decisions and what not. I'll just scan my scribblings when I'm more coherent.

CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who makes that intake manifold an how much did it cost ,i would like to know if it could be adapted to a ECOTEC engines head ,so i could set a supercharger on top of it ,i wonder how many bolt would match up to the head
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CETICARS:

Who makes that intake manifold an how much did it cost ,i would like to know if it could be adapted to a ECOTEC engines head ,so i could set a supercharger on top of it ,i wonder how many bolt would match up to the head

Edelbrock made it, and it cost me $600 with a Fiero bolted up to it.
Right now, I don't know where to find another one.
I'll get a pic of the flange end, though I doubt any holes would match.

Nate

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I finally made some progress. It looks like a 1" spacer is going to be made, a flywheel made, and used with a 2-disc clutch setup. I got a bunch of measurements today, and made some decisions and what not. I'll just scan my scribblings when I'm more coherent.

What are you going to do about the starter? Will your old one still reach with the flywheel sticking farther out from the block than before?

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

What are you going to do about the starter? Will your old one still reach with the flywheel sticking farther out from the block than before?

I'll probably have to account for that with the flywheel. The back of the ring gear needs to be 1/4" from the bellhousing flange, so it's gonna be a funny-looking flywheel. The friction surface of the flywheel is set inboard pretty far, though, so I'll have plenty of space to transition from that to the lower outer edge where the ring gear will be.

IOW:

code:

== <-ring gear
\ \
\ \
\ \
| |
| | <-friction surface
| |
| |
| | <-friction surface
| |
/ /
/ /
/ /
== <-ring gear

Think it'll fit?

I'm also going to look and see if I can just make an adapter to move the start farther in, but that might be as much trouble, since if I move it down, I'll have to move it closer to the block, as well.

Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2005 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, things have been going okay. I picked up a junk flywheel from an early Chevy a couple of weeks ago. The motor is still in its bag, need to get it out and test fit the flywheel.

I did find an intercooler, though. I'm not positive, but I'll know tomorrow. My Grand Am also picked a lovely time to blow a head gasket I believe. Nothing like more delays to keep me on my toes.

Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2005 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had my Grand Am torn down, effectively screwing my schedule over. Got my fuel cell, though.
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of this morning, the cyl. head is at Saum Engineering. They're ordering valve springs and titanium retainers for it. Also going to have them port match it to the intake while it's there. Of course, with the season starting, the shop I use is swamped with high-$$$ race motors, so it could be up to a month before they finish it. I have other things to work on though.

Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for an update:

Those are my new injector bosses. They'll solve some of my pesky fuel problems.

Of course, right now the big thing is actually getting the engine into the car, having a tranny spacer plate made, and getting the mounts made. After that are all the little things.

Nate

PFF
System Bot
Wolf_lq1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wolf_lq1Click Here to visit Wolf_lq1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wolf_lq1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
friggin sweet motor,untill this thread I thought ohv 4 cyls worn't even worthy to be boat ancors:P

------------------
~Wolf
95 camaro, black t top, 3.4 five speed
slowly working an a 3.4 DOHC swap
fiero guys inspire me

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you going to weld those onto the edelbrock? or weld up a tube intake?
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2005 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

you going to weld those onto the edelbrock? or weld up a tube intake?

I'm going to spot face the existing bosses flat with the surface of the runner, then weld those on. I'd rather not deal with making another intake manifold. The last thing I have to deal with for the intake is getting these on and buying or welding up an elbow for the TB.

Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe it or not, I've been getting things done. SCE Gaskets should have my SD head gasket already. I've talked to them quite a bit already, and they should be able to make me a copper ICS Titan gasket for it. Summit Racing, in their infinite wisdom, doesn't see fit to send me my rocker arms until late June (thanks, Summit) . At least now I'm moving closer to an assembled long block.

I've been making my trans spacer plate in CAD. Does anyone have bellhousing bolt spacing measurements that I could bounce mine off of? I've expiremented with integrating a motor/trans mount into the plate, that will extend in front of the front crossmember. I'm not sure if it's a possibility as starter/trans/exhaust packaging will all be very tight. Who knows if it will make it into production.

More later as always,
Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The engine is nearing completion. I believe by the end of July it may be put together.

Here's my TB I purchased:

It's a 90mm Accufab TB for a Mustang. A chatter brought up the possibility that the large opening size of this throttle body could have a bad impact on air velocity when it transitions from the intake tube into the TB mouth. I guess I'll see!

Nate

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2005 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got done talking to SCE, and they should have a Pro Copper head gasket with an integral combustion chamber O-ring (so I don't have to machine the block or the head) on the way in about 2 weeks. I figured if they held on a 286 CI SBC at 1800HP, 9000RPM, and 43lbs of boost for 52 dyno runs without leaking, they're good enough for me. Of course, I had to buy 2 of them to get them to do the production run. Figures. NOT cheap, but sooo typical.

Nate

[This message has been edited by FastIndyFiero (edited 06-02-2005).]

bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2005 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to know how you worked that out -- I had to buy 4...
fiero308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2005 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK; have to ask:
did you specifically ask for fuel injection line? I'm just a bit surprised to see that 1/2" anodized aluminum and I am wondering if it is for a carb'd application with the usual 6-7psi pressure. Better safe than sorry; but all the fuel inj lines I have seen have been steel... and you will be adding to the usual 40+ psi to overcome boost........ so you might be in the 50psi range or even more?

Just worth checking. An accident with that particular item would be especially ugly.

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2005 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero308:

OK; have to ask:
did you specifically ask for fuel injection line? I'm just a bit surprised to see that 1/2" anodized aluminum and I am wondering if it is for a carb'd application with the usual 6-7psi pressure. Better safe than sorry; but all the fuel inj lines I have seen have been steel... and you will be adding to the usual 40+ psi to overcome boost........ so you might be in the 50psi range or even more?

Just worth checking. An accident with that particular item would be especially ugly.

Rated for continuous use at 250 PSI. I'm not about to have ANY line burst. I have 20ft of Russell ProRace -4an line rated at around 1000 PSI that I will run to the injectors.

I'm not about to let ANY little line burst and cost me everything.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock