Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Turbo Super Duty Build. (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Turbo Super Duty Build. by FastIndyFiero
Started on: 09-27-2004 06:50 PM
Replies: 627 (85512 views)
Last post by: Will on 05-08-2023 06:40 PM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

Thanks. I had contacted Cosworth immediately following winning the auction. Right now I'm waiting for paperwork regarding that kit to be pulled from their archives.

Nate

I wouldn't mind a copy of that when you get it.
IP: Logged
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you get this info, for sure post it online somewhere! I am interested in what you do for cams and such.
crytical point

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crytical pointSend a Private Message to crytical pointEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I just realized how much that cyl head looks like the one on my 2.0 cosworth. The port shape and sizes and location is identical though its nice to see it coming together.
niemann99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for niemann99Send a Private Message to niemann99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Say, I have been following this thread and I must say that you are INSANE. That's a compliment, son. I think I may have something for you on camshafts, it's only a lead, but, having dealth with finding rare parts myself, I know that any lead helps.

If you go to http://www.aardemasohc.net/index_files/Page517.htm you'll see where he adapted TWO Fiero Cosworth heads to an aluminum Donovan Chevy block. Reading further, it says that he had Schneider camshafts grind his cams from billet.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by niemann99:

Say, I have been following this thread and I must say that you are INSANE. That's a compliment, son. I think I may have something for you on camshafts, it's only a lead, but, having dealth with finding rare parts myself, I know that any lead helps.

If you go to http://www.aardemasohc.net/index_files/Page517.htm you'll see where he adapted TWO Fiero Cosworth heads to an aluminum Donovan Chevy block. Reading further, it says that he had Schneider camshafts grind his cams from billet.

Thanks, I think.

About those cams...SWEET! That link could end up helping ALOT. I found their website before, but apparently it was an old version, didn't have the link or info about the cams. Thanks!
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, what happened to the SOHC head?
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's actually a SUHC head, I still have it in case I can't make the DOHC work.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, so the SD4 is a pushrod I-4? Sorry SUHC sounds funny to me...

Did you ever get ahold of cams? This project is so sweet I want a DOHC SD4 now forget V6s. What kind of power do you think you'll get 500? WIth 370 n/a cars 500 seem plausible. What tranny are you going to run?
niemann99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for niemann99Send a Private Message to niemann99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are very welcome, hope you can track down some cams, I'm sure everyone here would LOVE to see that super duty engine running with the DOHC kit.
crytical point

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crytical pointSend a Private Message to crytical pointEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe cams for a cosworth vega would work because the DOHC head is just like it and I know crane cams has a couple grinds and cams they offer for the cosworth head. its woth checking out because I am doing something similar with a 2.0 DOHC vega block and any little help is worth it.
thebaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thebaronClick Here to visit thebaron's HomePageSend a Private Message to thebaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Oh, so the SD4 is a pushrod I-4? Sorry SUHC sounds funny to me...

Did you ever get ahold of cams? This project is so sweet I want a DOHC SD4 now forget V6s. What kind of power do you think you'll get 500? WIth 370 n/a cars 500 seem plausible. What tranny are you going to run?

What the heck is SUHC? Wonder what type of power that V8 with the SD4 heads put out?
PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Single Under Head Cam, a.k.a. Pushrod.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crytical point:

Maybe cams for a cosworth vega would work because the DOHC head is just like it and I know crane cams has a couple grinds and cams they offer for the cosworth head. its woth checking out because I am doing something similar with a 2.0 DOHC vega block and any little help is worth it.

That's what I thought at first too...Unfortunately it's a no-go. Here's a pic of the Vega topside:

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.
And a pic of my topside:

On the SD head, the cam bearing bosses are located in between the valve tappet bores. This is a good thing because it minimizes cam flex by reducing the distance from the load on the cam to the support. On the Vega head, however, the cam bearings are located to either side of a set of valves for a single cylinder. In addition, the Vega motor, as well as other 4cyl Cosworth engines, use belt-driven camshafts, whereas the SD head uses a chain drive.

So the camshafts that I need are actually extremely similar to the Cosworth XB, XD, and XF series of Champ Car engines:
Same bearing arrangement, also chain driven camshafts, it even has the same valve/port angle. but I doubt the bore and valve spacing is the same.

And if you thought your pushrod Duke cam gear was noisy...
Imagine that at 13,000 RPM.

Originally posted by thebaron:
What the heck is SUHC? Wonder what type of power that V8 with the SD4 heads put out?

Single Under Head Cam. The 2.65 litre Cosworth XF V8 with similar heads put out 800HP on methanol and boost. Add another 3 litres of displacement....
crytical point

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crytical pointSend a Private Message to crytical pointEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bummer ... but worth a try mentioning. Is the SD4 head 2 piece or solid because mine is 2 piece on the vega. I am really impressed by cosworth's design and over all performance combined with reliability. Currently the cosworth club is working with Fidanza to get some adjustable sprokets but when that is done I could spin the engine to 11,000 and make a potent race car but I am going turbo but I will not hit your hp numbers or anywhere near them. I should be sitting at 420-450 hp at 8500 and 37psi but to be safe I will sit at just 400hp and 32psi but my engine will weight in at 260lbs wet with all accessories which willbring my car to a little under 1700lbs and a near perfect 50/50 distribution roblem is keeping in staight at top rpm.
thebaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thebaronClick Here to visit thebaron's HomePageSend a Private Message to thebaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are you planning to cool this monster of a 4 banger? Intercooler for the turbo? How about bringing her to a halt? What is planned for the rest of car?
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A couple of good heads (along with some other goodies bolted on).

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 07-30-2007).]

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thebaron:

How are you planning to cool this monster of a 4 banger? Intercooler for the turbo? How about bringing her to a halt? What is planned for the rest of car?

Planning on using some kind of aftermarket radiator. The IC is an air/water Spearco, I think it's on page 5, I'll run that with a full width heat exchanger up front. The stopping is yet to be determined, I have stock rears and the GA upgrade fronts. Right now I'm thinking 13" Wilwood GT rotors and hats with Red Devil 300 Series calipers that I already have for a different project that they were too heavy for.

I begin on suspension and interior improvements after the engine is finished and the car sees the track at least once.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking sweet. Any good news on cams?
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No news, I e-mailed a couple of places that haven't responded yet. Apparently I need to try the telephone.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Something along the lines of what I might build for the DOHC intake.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little update...I'm in school right now, working also, and now getting ready to start building a house with my fiance by the end of the year. Soooo....IOW.......No REAL progress on this project. Funds are getting stretched thin a little bit. I'm passively looking for camshafts, but I doubt I would be able to afford them right now even if I found them.

OTOH, I have been investigating in-depth this ECM:
http://www.vems.hu/products.html
http://shop.vems.hu/catalog...ath=1&products_id=29

It's very powerful, not as user friendly as the MegaSquirt, and it costs much more. The lowest price that I could come to for a unit that would suit me was about $700, including alot of the wiring and connectors. BUT it does 8 individual sequential injector control, and I can run REAL COP with it instead of wasted spark. It's also a wideband sensor controller, and it does these things out of the box. I'll have to see where it's at when I get to the "actually ready to get an ECM" stage.

Back to HW...
Nate
PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why bother? By the time you get to the "actually need an ECM" stage, the internal combustion will be obsolete.
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
harsh..
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Silver Formula:

harsh..

but true.
InaneCathode

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InaneCathodeSend a Private Message to InaneCathodeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Internal combustion is already obsolete :P
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C'mon guys, at least I'm making it flex-fuel compatible...C16 and Methanol
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Something to note here. I was just watching the 1988 IMSA race from San Antonio Tx and they had a piece about the Pontiac Spice Fiero's that were running the new 4 valve head(Cosworth) The teams had decided to go back to using the regular 2 valve heads because the Cosworth heads made the engine very Peaky and they had alot of relyability problems with them. So before you invest all that cash in all the other parts you may need to finish the head part you may want to do some further research on how good they were. I will try and rip that segment from the vid if I can and post it to YouTube. I am watich this thread closely because it is something I want to do as well. I have 1 Early SD-4 block(used), 1 early SD-4 iron head(used). 1 "433" aluminum head(new). 1 "801" head(new). One 2bbl intake (used and set up for FI). One 4bbl intake (new). And one Kinsler style 4 throat FI Intake(new). I have a custom Oil pan that came On my IMSA. Looks like a stock one with the sump part extended and places for the oil to drain down from the intake. I also have a Hamburger aluminum oil pan that is "HUGE". Only other real important things I have are two marine cranks.

Hope some of this helps.
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok it's 4am and I am actually feeling kinda good and my head is clear which couldn't be said only a few hours ago. Here is the Youtube Video I promised regarding the IMSA Pontiac SuperDuty 4 cylinder. Hope some of you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJJ3DHs5cs
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grasshopper,
A wise man knows that we are all idiots. He who thinks otherwise is also foolish.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Stickman2:

Ok it's 4am and I am actually feeling kinda good and my head is clear which couldn't be said only a few hours ago. Here is the Youtube Video I promised regarding the IMSA Pontiac SuperDuty 4 cylinder. Hope some of you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJJ3DHs5cs

Cool video, thank you! I'm going to try posting up some Engine Analyzer data later today.
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

Cool video, thank you! I'm going to try posting up some Engine Analyzer data later today.

Right...ALL of my data/pics/everything is on my OLD hard drive...*sigh*

More work.
PFF
System Bot
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I just hooked up my old HD and am in the process of sorting through 140GB of crap, decided to throw some stuff up.

This data was generated using my camshaft specs, head flow numbers, valve train component weights, turbocharger size/efficiency, intercooler pressure drop, etc. for the 2v head. At 4000 RPM a 150HP shot of direct port nitrous is added. This is SAE corrected, 77*.

If anyone feels ambitious, here is the data dump from the simulation:
code:

Engine_RPM 3500 3750 4000 4250 4500 4750 5000 5250 5500 5750 6000 6250 6500 6750 7000 7250 7500 7750 8000 8250
Brk_Tq 149 166 806 800 791 788 773 760 750 733 710 695 678 654 629 604 578 552 530 509
Brake_HP 99.1 119 614 647 678 713 736 760 785 803 811 827 839 840 839 834 826 815 808 800
Exh_Pres 1.2 1.6 15.6 16.4 17.1 18.1 18.9 19.7 20.6 21.5 22.1 22.9 24.4 25.3 25.4 25.9 26.4 26.5 27.3 27.2
Boost 1.0 1.5 29.9 29.8 29.8 29.8 29.8 29.8 29.7 29.7 29.7 29.7 29.7 29.6 29.6 29.6 29.6 29.6 29.6 29.6
Vol_Eff 85.4 93.9 326.0 331.1 333.7 336.0 336.7 336.6 334.2 331.6 327.2 324.5 320.2 313.5 306.0 298.8 290.1 282.1 274.7 267.3
Actual_CFM 135 159 590 637 679 722 762 800 832 863 888 918 942 957 969 980 984 989 994 998
Fuel_Flow 47.26 55.7 206 222 237 252 266 279 291 301 310 321 329 334 339 342 344 346 347 349
Nitrous 0.00 0.00 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482 482
Ntrs_Fuel 0.00 0.00 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5 67.5
BMEP 143 160 777 771 763 760 745 733 723 707 684 670 654 630 607 583 558 532 512 491
A/F_Mxtr_Qlty 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0
BSFC 0.477 0.470 0.446 0.448 0.450 0.449 0.453 0.456 0.456 0.459 0.466 0.469 0.473 0.479 0.484 0.491 0.498 0.507 0.514 0.520
Thermal_Eff 32.71 32.92 31.08 30.97 30.90 31.02 30.77 30.63 30.72 30.57 30.21 30.07 29.96 29.69 29.47 29.15 28.89 28.52 28.30 28.08
IMEP 167 184 803 798 790 788 775 764 755 740 718 705 690 668 645 622 598 574 554 535
Frctn_Tq 24.17 25.29 26.40 27.51 28.62 29.74 30.85 31.96 33.07 34.19 35.30 36.41 37.53 38.64 39.76 40.87 41.99 43.11 44.23 45.35
Frctn_HP 16.11 18.06 20.11 22.26 24.53 26.89 29.37 31.95 34.63 37.43 40.33 43.33 46.44 49.66 53.0 56.4 60.0 63.6 67.4 71.2
FMEP 23.31 24.39 25.46 26.53 27.60 28.68 29.75 30.82 31.89 32.97 34.04 35.12 36.19 37.27 38.34 39.42 40.50 41.58 42.66 43.74
Mech_Eff 86.0 86.8 96.8 96.7 96.5 96.4 96.2 96.0 95.8 95.5 95.3 95.0 94.8 94.4 94.1 93.7 93.2 92.8 92.3 91.8
Motoring_HP 19.89 21.94 22.64 29.20 36.11 44.66 54.2 63.9 74.8 87.4 99.8 112 124 136 149 163 178 190 203 213
Pumpng_Work -3.78 -3.88 -2.53 -6.93 -11.58 -17.77 -24.80 -31.95 -40.16 -50.00 -59.5 -68.6 -77.6 -86.2 -95.7 -107 -118 -126 -135 -141
Residual_Exh 6.4 4.4 1.6 1.6 1.5 1.5 1.5 1.6 1.8 1.9 2.0 2.2 2.4 2.7 2.9 3.3 3.5 3.6 3.9 4.2
Shrt_Circuit 0.2 0.5 2.2 2.0 1.7 1.5 1.7 1.4 0.9 0.9 0.8 0.6 0.4 0.2 0.1 0.0 0.0 0.1 0.0 0.0
Exh_Temp 1363 1419 1413 1429 1441 1467 1475 1486 1513 1535 1545 1557 1566 1571 1572 1596 1600 1605 1617 1628
Mx_Cyl_Pres 797 871 3753 3756 3752 3751 3714 3691 3663 3613 3555 3504 3473 3381 3302 3224 3133 3034 2943 2870
Mx_Cyl_Tmp 4555 4648 4526 4546 4551 4578 4585 4591 4603 4599 4606 4601 4621 4595 4611 4591 4599 4602 4589 4595
In_Port_Tmp 93 90 20 21 23 24 25 25 25 24 25 24 25 26 26 28 31 34 39 43
Piston_Spd 1808 1938 2067 2196 2325 2454 2583 2713 2842 2971 3100 3229 3358 3488 3617 3746 3875 4004 4133 4263
Piston_Gs_@_TD 680 780 890 1000 1120 1250 1380 1530 1670 1830 1990 2160 2340 2520 2710 2910 3110 3320 3540 3770
Coolant_HP 37.24 39.93 37.96 40.50 43.26 46.75 49.61 52.5 56.0 59.6 62.7 65.7 69.3 72.4 76.1 80.3 83.9 86.7 90.7 94.6
Blow_By 0.9 1.0 3.9 3.9 3.9 3.9 3.9 3.8 3.8 3.8 3.7 3.7 3.6 3.6 3.5 3.4 3.3 3.2 3.1 3.1
In_Tun_Pres 0.0 0.1 2.2 2.7 3.4 4.0 4.6 5.4 5.9 6.5 7.1 7.4 7.7 8.1 8.4 8.4 8.6 8.7 8.4 8.4
Avg_In_Vel 125 134 143 151 160 169 178 187 196 205 214 223 232 240 249 258 267 276 285 294
Avg_Ex_Vel 219 234 250 266 281 297 313 328 344 360 375 391 406 422 438 453 469 485 500 516
Mach_# 0.208 0.223 0.238 0.253 0.268 0.282 0.297 0.312 0.327 0.342 0.356 0.372 0.386 0.401 0.415 0.429 0.442 0.456 0.467 0.479
Act_In_FlowAre 95.0 95.0 95.1 95.1 95.1 95.1 95.1 95.1 95.1 95.2 95.2 95.1 95.1 95.3 95.4 95.5 95.9 96.2 96.8 97.4
Act_Ex_FlowAre 94.5 94.4 92.9 92.8 92.8 92.7 92.7 92.6 92.5 92.6 92.6 92.4 92.4 92.6 92.6 92.6 93.1 93.2 93.2 93.3
Valve_Toss None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None None Exh None Int Int
Knock_Index 0.4 0.4 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.2 1.1 1.2 1.1 1.1 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
Spark_Advnc 20.6 20.1 11.4 11.8 12.2 12.6 12.9 13.3 13.7 14.0 14.4 14.7 15.0 15.4 15.7 16.1 16.4 16.6 17.0 17.3
Injctr_Dty_Cyc 14.9 17.6 65.1 70.2 74.9 79.7 84.0 88.2 91.7 95.1 98.0 101.2 103.9 105.6 106.9 108.1 108.6 109.1 109.7 110.1
Inj_Plse_Wdth 5.1 5.6 19.5 19.8 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.2 20.0 19.9 19.6 19.4 19.2 18.8 18.3 17.9 17.4 16.9 16.5 16.0
Calc_Error 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
Compressor_Eff 39.3 38.6 74.5 73.6 71.9 70.1 68.1 66.2 64.4 62.6 61.1 59.1 56.0 53.7 52.3 51.2 50.0 49.5 48.5 48.7
Cmprssr_Pres_R 1.07 1.10 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06 3.06
Compressor_HP 1.6 2.6 72.4 78.6 85.7 92.9 100.7 108.5 115.8 123.6 130.1 138.5 150.2 159.3 165.3 170.5 176.2 178.2 183.4 182.5
Compressor_RPM
Roots_Vol_Eff
Turbo_Wastegt 0.0 0.0 5.3 8.1 8.8 8.8 9.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 9.3 9.1 7.0 5.6 4.4 3.2 1.9 2.1 1.6 2.3
Turbo_Surge 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

As you can see there is a HUGE spike where the nitrous is activated and the turbo spools. I will likely have to launch above 4000RPM to keep from bogging, and blowing the tires off once it spools. In my opinion, the program over-estimated the capability of the turbo to support that much power, but I'm not sure.

I have also done some tests with the 4v head, and I think it shows HUGE promise. This is, however, with generic camshaft specs and approximations using port area for flow, and some other generalizations. Suffice it to say the chart looked much more suitable. I'm going to get some hard data on head flow and determine cam specs before I post that, though.

That is all for now...
Nate
88 Silver Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Silver FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 Silver FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
holy nuts dude!! 811 BHP! did i misread sometihng?? whats that boil down to 700 to the wheels?
that comes out to roughly a 9.2 second 1/4 mile......if this is right you will be the first in fiero history to hit 9's (without being an nhra drag fiero)..DEFINATLY a first for a 4 banger!!
Fiero Brick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BrickSend a Private Message to Fiero BrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

holy nuts dude!! 811 BHP! did i misread sometihng?? whats that boil down to 700 to the wheels?
that comes out to roughly a 9.2 second 1/4 mile......if this is right you will be the first in fiero history to hit 9's (without being an nhra drag fiero)..DEFINATLY a first for a 4 banger!!

IIRC, when the Fiero was still hitting the drag strip professionally, some of them got into the 9's with the Super Duty.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its still considered impossible to run a 10 with a mostly streetable fiero. Now I dont actually mean that, but no one has ever proven to run a 10 with any transverse "stock" style setup with any motor (even single turbo LT1 383's )
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hate to say it but, the computer isn't your car, I am not going to beleive 811BHP and low 9s until the car starts. Do you have any pics of whats going on right now? Not flaming or anything I just want to see this all happen.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops..

------------------
PROJECT 1986 GT Stormbringer

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 10-02-2007).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

I hate to say it but, the computer isn't your car, I am not going to beleive 811BHP and low 9s until the car starts. Do you have any pics of whats going on right now? Not flaming or anything I just want to see this all happen.

I'm not going to believe 800hp and low 9's until there's a dyno and timeslip.

What does a "stock" superduty put out? (is there such a thing?) 140hp? 200?

If you're running 30psi, 400-600 sounds about right. Good luck anyways.... If you get close to that you're going to upset some people.
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I'm not going to believe 800hp and low 9's until there's a dyno and timeslip.

What does a "stock" superduty put out? (is there such a thing?) 140hp? 200?

If you're running 30psi, 400-600 sounds about right. Good luck anyways.... If you get close to that you're going to upset some people.

The very streetable Indy Fiero put out a 232hp with just a 2bbl carb or TBI depending on who you talk to. Have seen pics of both used at the time. I have heard of numbers from 375-520hp from a N/A race engine. HotRod mde a streetable Fiero with the Cosworth 4 valve DOHC head that put out like 375HP. FastIndyFiero says he is going to turbo his and use nitrous. That should really bump the hp. Will it be 800? Dunno. I was figuring that a turbo SD-4 with a 2valve OHV head could do 500. Guess we will see.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Assuming it flows in the same ballpark to what a dohc head can flow, 600 horsepower is not at all far off. The only problem i see is the fact you will need to run MORE than 30psi of boost.

I think an hx40 or hx55 holset would do this for you. They live at 30psi, and can even go higher without to much efficiency loss.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock