Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? by Snapperhead
Started on: 03-02-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 365 (5431 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 12-09-2014 10:16 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Hanging out at the Gut. Corner of Capital & State.

I stayed home and swapped parts. wish they lined up better......but I learned something today.
not all panels and trim pieces are alike
thankfully the Kid I bought the OG Black Dynamite knew what he was doing already modded the rocker for me

the paint is so so.....but whats a guy to do, eh?? fun fun in the driveway and an Ant hill......damn biters!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-09-2014).]

IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hanging out at the Gut. Corner of Capital & State.

At the corner of Capital and Michigan Ave.
Good talking with the two of you!

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, back from the cruise. Had a blast, but dropped an alternator belt. Thanks to a few fellow Fiero owners we got her back on and made it home. I think its time for a new design on the belt system. Pictures on my Facebook page and my website

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories
Stainless & Acrylic Deck Lid, Hood, Trunk & Door Sill Plate Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Service - Hidden Trailer Hitch - PnP Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness - LED Reverse Lights

Threads:
Used Fiero Parts - Custom LED Back Up Lights - Hidden Trailer Hitch - Mirror Panels - Door Sill Mirrors - Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings
Rides:
86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, , 88 Formula White stock soon to be 4.9 met Blue like Snapperhead--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didnt see any Fiero pictures
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were three Fieros there and maybe 600 of everything else......and they were a lot more interesting.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

......and they were a lot more interesting.

this one alone would have made my day complete. with all the pictures that "....could have been." oh well.
I have met the Owner twice before. once at a car show....and again at last years "MichiganMile"
nice guy.....probably would have raced me too. And that's the crusher of it all! pics and vids. man!! bummer!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-12-2014).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 28th street cruise is next weekend! Who's going and where's the meeting place?

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

The 28th street cruise is next weekend! Who's going and where's the meeting place?

Good question. I wished I had friends in high places. To reserve an area for Fieros/Pontiacs. Butthead weezle isnt into that kind of promotion.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
The owner of Harvey Cadillac, Harvey Lexus I think still owns a nice Fiero GT. But??????
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have a spot reserved if I can ever hook up with my contact. If I do I will be parked across the street from Applebee. We shall see.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sent Mr Leese an email asking if it would be possible to park on one of his lots. I dont know if he still has his Fiero. It's late and my brain isnt working. I cant for some reason recall were Applebees is. LOL Saturday is the best day correct?
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Great News Fiero Owners! Mr. Leese of Harvey Automotive is letting us display our Fieros on the Thrifty rent a car lot next to Harvey Lexus for the Metro Cruise! John is a Fiero owner him self. He has a 88 GT with 11k, yellow and t-tops. So lets get a some Fieros to show up on Saturday. I'll get some more information like how early can we show up, what are his rules so to speak as it is his property etc. So who's going to attend? The location will be shared with the MG club. It is across the street from Berger Chevy.

Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-18-2014).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work Steve, sounds like I now have two places to hang out. Friday is a better cruise night and Saturday is a better parking day. Applebee is about at Rogers plaza.

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many plan on showing up? It would be nice to get a count so I can inform Harvey Automotive.

Thanks
Steve
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Good news concerning the Grand Rapids Metro Cruise. John Lesse is allowing us to park on 28th Street and he has a lot planned!

Steve
You can arrive anytime after 8:00 and park in the front row right along 28th St in front of Thrifty. We will have all the cars moved the night before so we are all set. We will have Marv"s 55 BBQ on site for food purchases, a DJ spinning tunes and WLAV broadcasting live with Tony Gates too. You will like my '88 it's brand new! I bought it in 1989 with under 1,000 miles on it. Still has the original tires.
John

We owe John a big Thank you!

Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-19-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not going to cruise with my bucket of bolts after last year. LOL
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to go sounds great..

Vince
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

How many plan on showing up? It would be nice to get a count so I can inform Harvey Automotive.

Thanks
Steve

I think I will try to make it. i'll just keep it slow and will leave early with enough time to allow for any mishaps in the daylight hours
pencil Me and Mera X in brother!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-21-2014).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not going to cruise with my bucket of bolts after last year. LOL

What happened last year?
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
Carol and I are planning on coming over on Saturday about 10:00am. I think Bob is coming too.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
Since we are planning on coming, just what exactly is the cruise? Do we just come over and park? Do we actually cruise the street? Is there a cost? Please let me know so I can be prepared.

Thanks
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Since we are planning on coming, just what exactly is the cruise? Do we just come over and park? Do we actually cruise the street? Is there a cost? Please let me know so I can be prepared.

Thanks

It is just like the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit. Cruise up and down 28th street, about 10 to 12 miles one way then back. Jammed packed with cars. So if your car has a tenancy to over heat I would do a short cruise or may take shuttle buses. Car shows at different malls. Berger Chevy has a chevy show. That is across the street from Harvey Automotive. Mopar dealers have the Mopars. Lots and Lots of People. Like I said it is a smaller version of Woodward. Yes you actually cruise 28th Street. Cost: just the cost of gasoline, food drink and whatever you want to buy. John Leese was nice enough to grant us a spot on his frontage of 28th st. So bring your lawn chairs! we will be sharing space with the MG's. Next lot over in the Lexus & Cadillac lots will be Olds & Caddys. Harvey Automotive has a large area. Oh I think John is kind of excited to be able to show his 88 GT with just 11K. Kinda neat that a owner of Cadillac & Lexus dealerships has a Fiero that he has owned since 1989. John is a young fella at least compared to me. LOL I wont be able to show up till about 9:00, prior comments. I hope to see some Fieros. I think this is a good opportunity for other Fiero owners who are unaware of the different Fiero enthusiasts and clubs in Michigan to see that there others "with the disease" or madness. LOL
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We said don't think I could have said it any better. I usually cruise for a while park show off my car while I'm checking out other rides. Then go cruising stop and eat steak tips and taters at roders plaza show off car while eating then cruise off to pals diner for more food or a shake.. and so on

I love cruises

Vince
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Snapperhead

1982 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Ok engine back in just need coolant and a lot of cleaning... Should be out Friday nite and Saturday if all goes well
Vince
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like fun. I don't have any problems with overheating so I can do some cruising. The eating sounds good too.
ProNUNICAN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProNUNICANSend a Private Message to ProNUNICANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2014 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone around. Eating at Pals right now then heading that way
Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some Saturday in September the wife and I are going to Gilmore so she can see all the fantastic things they have in the barns.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone interested in meeting at the Red Barns?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mary would like to visit the barns. So some Saturday or Sunday would probably work better in September.
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mary would like to visit the barns. So some Saturday or Sunday would probably work better in September.

Name it!!! as long as I don't have to work....I'm in!!
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vince and his wife would like to go also. It would be neat to caravan down if I can get the P.O.J. to run properly.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have Fierorama this weekend but most weekends free .

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We have Fierorama this weekend but most weekends free .

Vince

I have the church picnic that the knights of columbus put on.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey any one know of a place around Grand Rapids that I can get some welding done? The home made exhaust bracket that the previous owner made to mount and hold the exhaust system to the frame broke. Well no the welds broke loose. Need to get the muffler tacked or welded back to the bracket.

Steve
NE Grand Rapids, MI
Paul.S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul.SSend a Private Message to Paul.SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:
A big, THANK YOU TO JOE AND BRIAN @ 2 Seater Garage.....if its broke they WILL fix it

Anyone have an address or contact info for 2 Seater Garage? Google is no help, and I need a good Fiero mechanic in the Grand Rapids area BAD! Thanks, -Paul

Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM to "olejoedad". He will get back to you pretty quick. He is located in the Homer area.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep several of his business cards with me all the time. I sent you a PM

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 11-18-2014).]

Paul.S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2014 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul.SSend a Private Message to Paul.SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevin87FieroGT:
PM to "olejoedad". He will get back to you pretty quick. He is located in the Homer area.

I keep several of his business cards with me all the time. I sent you a PM

Thanks guys, I got a hold of Joe, but his shop is further from Grand Rapids than I had assumed, out of towing distance. Joe gave me a lot of great info on my car's problems, and a lead on a local guy that may be able to help me out. A great guy. -Paul
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock