Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  West Michigan Fiero owners and Sightings (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
West Michigan Fiero owners and Sightings by FieroMaster88
Started on: 03-17-2013 03:53 PM
Replies: 490 (10014 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 03-09-2017 07:58 AM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok.
IP: Logged
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone else going to fierorama in September?
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to be. I usually leave very early Saturday morning to get to the hotel for breakfast
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother and I plan on attending. Have to make reservations this week. I think I work Saturday so we would be leaving in the afternoon.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Went out to see the Corvairs at Gilmore car museum today. Got me thinking, it would be cool to have the 35th anniversary Fiero show there. Gingerman raceway is close for a track day and us131 motorsports park for a drag racing event. Could be cool.

Your comment on the 35th.^^^

I made a comment/suggestion at this thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/092219-2.html. She what you think. I made a contact tonight and plan on contacting Gilmore to get some feed back from them. So What do you think?
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Your comment on the 35th.^^^

I made a comment/suggestion at this thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/092219-2.html. She what you think. I made a contact tonight and plan on contacting Gilmore to get some feed back from them. So What do you think?

Link doesn't work. Sent you a pm.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what I posted on the 30th thread.....
I think we should try to do the 35th as a co-show or co- anniversary with another big Pontiac show.
If some in the community don't mind and don't get their nose out of joint, I think this is a great idea to have a "joint show" and I have an idea for it. ,

I'll get to that later if there is enough positive response. I am contacting a person I know that is involved with a Pontiac model club that has put on shows to see what they think about it. Then I will "let the cat out of the bag"

Benefits of a large "Co-Show";

1.) We would have all the Pontiac magazines there for exposure.
2.) We would partner with another club or organization who has hosted LARGE shows in the past. Both entities could draw off the others past experience.
3.) There would be other Pontiac's there so you would draw a larger crowd to come see the cars. i.e. the media
4.) There would be activities for other family members to do. Not all spouses like sitting all day at a show, not all kids like it either.
5.) There would be a bigger budget to work with. You know pool sources together.
6.) Drag racing and solo 2 events could be available, may be a road course if there is one close by.
7.) More people to help with taking pictures, parking, judging, registering etc., running the drag, solo, road course events.
8.) A BIG event would possibly draw some Pontiac engineers, workers, designers, staff
9.) Vendors would have more exposure to potential customers.

And I would present it to the Co-Sponsor that we would want to have our own awards, show area etc??

But the Fiero community would have to agree to work with lets say may be the Firebird people or lets say the GTO people or the old Pontiac people or Grand Prix people etc. you get the picture.

I also question why all the responsibility has to be on the Mid West Fiero clubs?
Why doesn't other Fiero clubs from other areas of this country and Canada step up and help? Cant leave out our great neighbors to the north! After all this is a intentional show for all of of the Fiero addicts. LOL. And seeing as this would be a BIG International show all the Fiero Clubs/groups should step to the window and help!

What y'all think?

Ideas???

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-28-2013).]

crashyoung

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is a good idea, and all Pontiac people should unite, regardless of models.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's a solid idea. They have the all Pontiac nationals in Norwalk, Ohio every year.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking of something different and I was thinking of the 35th. But open to other venues
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how many are going to the Red Barns this weekend?
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still planning on it.
ProNUNICAN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProNUNICANSend a Private Message to ProNUNICANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going as well...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, heading for Norwalk.....
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18044 posts
Member since May 2004
FYI, Capitol City Fieros had four cars at the R. E. Olds Museum Benefit show last Saturday in Lansing. Beautiful venue at the State Capitol Building. We came home with three class winners.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
say fellas? whats good??

Originally posted by olejoedad:

We came home with three class winners.

thats a pretty good showing

So how many are going to the Red Barns this weekend?

i caint....i got to work OT that appearently started today
we were working 5@10 hrs now its 6@12hrs!!!!!!

yeehaw!! i get both my cars fixed this year for sure!!!
The Mera is first! then the TransAm i have not had running for a loooooong time.
boyohboyohboy!! BlackDynamite is gonna have ta wait

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Sorry, heading for Norwalk.....

have a good time at the Pontiac Nationals, Joe i got a few friends going from work
next year i want to show the Mera to see if any Pontiac industry people remember it.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-31-2013).]

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
sorry i drifted a bit....back on topic.
today comming up to Portage Rd from Bishop. first thing i saw when i rolled out the turn style at Pfizer.

i hunted him down for another Fiero Photo bomb in front of the Airport!!
GT with Indy type colors....real sharp lookin. older gent with a U shaped tabbacca pipe.

sadly i was in my Jeep

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-31-2013).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a cruze-in on Saturday in downtown Homer in the morning (11AM - 4PM).
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to the red barns spectacular today. Didn't take the Fiero because the wife and boys went with me. We got there around 2 and the only Fiero I saw was a maroon 87 gt for sale for $10,000.
Jims88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to go too, but the wife has me stripping and refinishing the kitchen table
I have noticed a trend in Fiero prices;maybe its just me but I have been seeing a lot of high priced Fiero's and their not even 88s?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to go also. Even had Saturday off, but on Wednesday I heard a noise coming form the rear that could have been a bearing but it was not consistent. So figured it was a brake hanging up. So I took it apart and sure enough just as I thought, a slider was frozen. Having owned a 88 for 12 years you get to know the brakes and my car has a 88 cradle in it.
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to the Norwalk show, had 9 Fieros there, good turn out. Is anyone going to the Del Shannon show (Coopersville)? Cruise on Friday night and car show on Saturday the 10th. Also something going on in Battle Creek Saturday afternoon and evening.

Jack
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carol and I are planning on going to the Del Shannon show on Friday and Saturday. What time should we meet you Jack?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What time is the cruise? Hmm I bet it is on a web site. I lived in that town for about 10 years back in 75-85.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-06-2013).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cruzin' the Gut is Saturday the 10th in downtown Battle Creek. Starts at 4PM.
This is a great show with open cruising and parking. Lots of great cars.
There is also the Lakeview cruise on Capitol Avenue on Friday night.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 08-08-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the Del Shannon car cruise info. http://www.delshannoncarsho...gan_carshow_map.html
Sounds like fun. I bet it will be idle all around town.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark, I am going to back out of the Del Shannon show and just due the Battle Creek thing Saturday night. Have a few things to get done here and the weather is getting in the way so I will try and catch up on Saturday. Say hi to Carol for me.

Jack
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We should be at the Dell Shannon, 28th st Metro and Fierorama. We hope anyway

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Used Fiero Parts
Custom LED Back Up Lights -
Mirror Stainless Door Sill Plates - Mirror Stainless Deck Lid Mirrors - Acrylic Hood & Trunk Mirrors
Vette Brake Swap Consentric Rings - Powder Coating Services. - PCS Products. - Champion Cooling Products. - Spec Clutches.

Rides:
85 Fiero Gt, Green "Grasshopper", 86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead", 87 GT Black, 88 Formula White stock--- 10 Camaro, 99 K2500 Suburban, 04 Trailblazer

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

We should be at the Dell Shannon, 28th st Metro and Fierorama. We hope anyway

Is the metro cruise back on? Snapperhead are you heading out to the Del Shannon cruise on Friday? If so what time are you planning on going?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-08-2013).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Saw a Black GT turning off of Michigan Street NE and heading north on Fuller around 3 today. Traffic was so heavy I could not honk.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I am trying to get an idea on how is going to the Del Shannon cruise on Friday.
PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carol and I will be going to the Del Shannon show and cruise. I believe that Kevin and Nancy will be there also along with Bob Holtz. So we should have at the least 4 Fieros between us and maybe 5 if Kevin and Nancy bring both of theirs. Looking forward to meeting some of the West Michigan Fiero people. See you there.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Carol and I will be going to the Del Shannon show and cruise. I believe that Kevin and Nancy will be there also along with Bob Holtz. So we should have at the least 4 Fieros between us and maybe 5 if Kevin and Nancy bring both of theirs. Looking forward to meeting some of the West Michigan Fiero people. See you there.

Any idea when you will be driving through GR?
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Metro cruise isstill going on, Candy Clark going to be there. I can't make the del cruise now.

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Metro cruise isstill going on, Candy Clark going to be there. I can't make the del cruise now.

Vince

It would be great if some how someone could get a section reserved for Fieros at the Metro cruise, but that is like asking for the month of January to be 70 degrees in Michigan. LOL

Fierorama I would like to go but being unemployed again, I have to save some $. I have student loans that need to be paid from me going back to college in 06-09. On top of all the other bills. LOL Take some pictures. I really enjoy looking at all the Fieros at shows.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.28thstreetmetrocruise.com/
Going to try to make it. Hopefully we don't already have plans.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was asking about the time of Fieros passing through GR on 96 as I live approximately 1.6 miles from the Leonard Street exit on 96 or about 1.8 miles from the Plainfield exit on 96. I was thinking if I play my cards right of meeting up with and caravaning with some fieros. I enjoy caravaning with other same make cars. Way back in the old days I was one of the founders of the West Michigan Camaro Club and it was fun to caravan with other Camaros.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was asking about the time of Fieros passing through GR on 96 as I live approximately 1.6 miles from the Leonard Street exit on 96 or about 1.8 miles from the Plainfield exit on 96. I was thinking if I play my cards right of meeting up with and caravaning with some fieros. I enjoy caravaning with other same make cars. Way back in the old days I was one of the founders of the West Michigan Camaro Club and it was fun to caravan with other Camaros.

Four of us should be getting to the Econo Lodge about 3:00 pm. Bob Holtz should be there at the Econo Lodge about 4:00 pm. After checking in we will be going over to register and from there who knows.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I could not make it out to C-ville until later in the evening on Friday. I toured the town as it has been a long time since I lived in C-ville. I saw some new streets that used to be cow pastures. I saw some nice cars downtown and at a restaurant. I drove past our first house (1980) and it looks good. Drove past our first "home" (1975) in the mobile home park We had the very first lot. Looks like they changed the total front bay window into something more economical.
I had to work Saturday at the part time job I found, and missed the car show. BUT my wife's friend and husband went and took photos of 4 Fieros in the grass and one that looks like it was downtown. Any one on the forum own one of these cars?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-12-2013).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually there were 5 Fiero's down in the grass. They were all from the Capital City Fiero Club. Mine was the black one with the bad paint job and the Lambo doors, my wifes was the red 88 notchie right next to it with the T-Tops and Bob Holtz's car was next to that and Kevin and his wife Nancy had the last two cars. I saw two other Fieros up in town. One was a funky looking purple with something like lemon trim and a Northstar engine. There was another one there too on the other side of the street a little ways down. Didn't find the other Fiero owners to talk to, but we did talk to a lot of people and passed out some business cards for the club. Sorry you couldn't make it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock