Woohoo My 3800sc Swap! by IanT720
Started on: 06-12-2012 07:01 PM
Replies: 286 (17089 views)
Last post by: GADJet on 07-13-2017 03:48 PM
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

IP: Logged
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

Haha makes me happy to see the little popcorn dude on my thread again!

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

88Franz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FranzSend a Private Message to 88FranzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the name of the material you used for the heat shield/sound deadener? I want to do my swap firewall like that. Your swap looks great! keep it up.
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Franz:

What is the name of the material you used for the heat shield/sound deadener? I want to do my swap firewall like that. Your swap looks great! keep it up.

Should be this stuff... http://www.westmarine.com/w...al--P006_180_006_004

I bought the 1/2 roll, I covered my firewall, trunk wall, drivers strut tower, and even the battery tray area. Still got some left! It adheres great, and is heavy stuff, like it literally weighs a lot. Not poofy foam stuff. Thanks!
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

this one is already modified to fit a Fiero with a 3800 stuffed in it!!! Score!

So far it looks like it should fit, even the flange fits the turbo! Won't know for sure until I test fit but, I'm prayin..

LMK, know how this fits? Can you bolt it on and check it out?
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

LMK, know how this fits? Can you bolt it on and check it out?

Yep, well I will find out if it connects to the manifolds anyway. Not really going to know if the turbo fits by the strut tower yet, hoping it will. By the way got your intake manifolds in the mail, came quick! Thanks a bunch! Already dropped the lower off at my machinist to get the injector holes tapped, and the coolant port tapped so I can use a hose barb fitting and do away with that clunky alternator bracket.

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update!!!! spent a few hours ripping the front end apart, the ball joints were shot, glad to catch it now. After removing the springs I started to F$@K with the control arms, the bushing sleeves were completely seized to the bolts so I deemed it easier to drop the whole Crossmember/Cradle... to free the lower control arm ends that were mounted on the frame not the crossmember. I had good luck chopping the bolt between the arm and ear with my 4.5 angle grinder, and then attacking the head with the grinder till I could break it off with my air hammer, and I just bent the ear slightly to release the bolt and drop that side of the arm down.. Also what I found extremely stupid was, I couldn't get a straight shot up at the Vertical crossmember frame bolts because the bolt heads from the control arm were in the way! Here's what I mean...
I just "machined" down the heads with my grinder (Bolt there for reference but try with 1/2 drive extension...) And after unbolting the steering column it was free!! Some more pics...

Ps. The coolant tubes are bolted to the crossmember! And so is a Brake Line!

To do..

*Remove control arms, sandblast crossmember, and sand blast arms.
*Paint everything
*Cut 2 coils off springs
*Fiero Store Brake line kit
*Adj. Upper BJ's
*New lower BJ's, Inner/Outter Tie Rods
*Install Poly Bushings, and Swaybar links
*Swap over Steering Rack
*Swap over new brake hoses, calipers, rotors, and hubs from my Grand Am swapped car.
*Remove damper, cut bump stop, fix Rad support, Fab new rad/rack bars

Goal is to assemble whole front end off car, and just slide it under... Should work!

------------------

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey man...how is my old exhaust working out for you? Hopefully you got it ceramic coated by now

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Hey man...how is my old exhaust working out for you? Hopefully you got it ceramic coated by now

It worked great! I loved that setup, had to get it modified to work but its bolt up now. Sounded killer, you could hear that G/N "Chainsaw" Exhaust note when I'd punch it. It literally ripped, I also had tons of people asking if it was cammed, even though it was stock cam and rockers! Going under bridges and parking garages was my favorite, the sound just really resonated well... Best way to describe it, like a ported woofer box. I ended up stripping off all the paint, sprayed some flameproof primer, cooked it, then satin black flameproof and cooked that on too. Came out really well, will take some pics! Sadly though it won't work at all with my turbo setup, I will be listing it for sale soon...
dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
holy crap, where do you find the energy? 14 years ago I started my V8 swap and lost 45 pounds in the process, Now I will have access to a 3800sc also so I figure I can lose 3/4's of the weight I lost before...lol
The swap looks great and Im sure the new GT will be just as good.
On that westmarine stuff, does it have an adhesive backing?
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcarrd:

holy crap, where do you find the energy? 14 years ago I started my V8 swap and lost 45 pounds in the process, Now I will have access to a 3800sc also so I figure I can lose 3/4's of the weight I lost before...lol
The swap looks great and Im sure the new GT will be just as good.
On that westmarine stuff, does it have an adhesive backing?

Haha I go crazy if I don't have a project or something to fix. Would have been done already but I had amassed 3 more cars and a truck! The fiero is still on hold a little bit till I finish the bronco to sell, And my dad bought this custom buick roadmaster he's enlisting me to redo the suspension and engine maintence on. Then I have my lil $200 daily driver focus that's needs periodic maintence. But overall I'm just collecting and collecting parts so when I can do the fiero I just can crank! Good luck with your too! The 3800 is extremely easy, don't worry. And yes the insulation has adhesive backing. You can still reposition it if you mess up but, once burnished down it's on there good! Conformed to all my bends and curves with no peeling at all. I still want to screw some self tappers into the corners, just in case.
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Might I suggest a cleaner set of fuel rails to make that engine pop? See my thread here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/063387.html

That looks absolutely fantastic!
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Haha I go crazy if I don't have a project or something to fix. Would have been done already but I had amassed 3 more cars and a truck! The fiero is still on hold a little bit till I finish the bronco to sell, And my dad bought this custom buick roadmaster he's enlisting me to redo the suspension and engine maintence on. Then I have my lil $200 daily driver focus that's needs periodic maintence. But overall I'm just collecting and collecting parts so when I can do the fiero I just can crank! Good luck with your too! The 3800 is extremely easy, don't worry. And yes the insulation has adhesive backing. You can still reposition it if you mess up but, once burnished down it's on there good! Conformed to all my bends and curves with no peeling at all. I still want to screw some self tappers into the corners, just in case.

I am impressed by your youth, energy, focus and capability. If I lived back in Kalamazoo I would have you do my swap. I might be up there next year for the Ann Arbor Arts Festival. If so I'll see if I can drop by. Good luck going forward.

------------------
1988 GT, Automatic, running - bought in Illinois and drove to Austin
1986 SE, 4 cyl, 5 speed running - Bought in California and drove to Austin
1988 GT, T-Top - non running - "Trailered" back from California going to be restored (in storage)
1986 GT, highly modified engine/exhaust, but slave/clutch issue - Trailered back from Las Cruces, NM Chop-top candidate (in storage)
1986 SE, bought locally, Automatic won't shift into gear - Chop-top candidate (in storage)
6-11-2014 acquisition - 1987 GT Tangerine/Silver

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, let's see some progress! :P
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could have sworn I've updated this... Sorry guys! I have a lot to post I guess hahah, because she's almost running...

------------------

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Alight so lets Re-cap, I had swapped a 3800sc into my '86SE I loved it but, some things didn't sit right with me. I could do things better, could make it faster, and ultimately build the best Fiero Pontiac never made... I want it to still be a Fiero, but there isn't one thing I haven't touched, or modified to be better...

My 86 RIP, The front control arm separated and sheared off from the frame, it is pretty unfixable in my book, and I had a beautiful 87 GT in the garage... Temptation was to much and I took the leap! This will be the car, the car that represents what the Fiero could have been. I'm starting with my 3800sc from my dead '86. I'm camming it, cleaning, simplifying, and ditching the blower for a Turbo But that's minor when it comes to the whole car, and I know its not a huge deal but, I can't afford everything. This is a borderline budget build, since I'm 20, going to college, and flip cars to make my money... With that being said let the build commence!!

I had mocked up the engine with the F-body intake, and some Fuel logs....
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Got the garage cleaned, lets do it!!!!

[This message has been edited by IanT720 (edited 03-23-2015).]

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
First I finished removing the whole body, The car hardly has any rust, but I wanted to do it right and POR15 the whole thing. The body sucked to remove, but wasn't that bad when you figured it out, I tore up the rockers a little bit when the rivets that hold them spun, and accidentally cracked my roof as I was removing the fast back section... Oh well, its off, and I learned...

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
With the body removed and nothing else needing immediate attention, I decided to start finishing the engine up! I decided a big thing I wanted to do was remove the alternator bracket, since its a big ugly thing that doesn't serve much purpose in the Fiero.. When removing the bracket you have to relocate the alternator obviously but, also modify the cooling system passages where those "elbows" come out of.

I followed Hercimer01, this is what he did...

Gotta love a clean engine, and Aluminum intake gaskets!

I'm not sure if I have any pics, but I did the same, well actually wimped out and had a machine shop do it for me, Also if your swapping to a F-body intake like me, and have an L67. The F-body intake has injector holes, so they are redundant because the L67 already has injector ports in the heads. So I gave the intake to the machine shop to tap and plug the injector holes in the intake. He did a good job, looks very clean too... I installed the lower intake now..

I couldn't wait any longer! Bolted up the trans and dropped them onto the cradle!

Then I installed the upper Intake, and started hooking up the wiring harness. In hindsight I should have waited because I want to modify the PCV system.. Oh well it looks good!

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
It was dreadfully hot but with the help of my amazing girlfriend we shoved the cradle under the car and slowly lowered the body with her help spotting, I always use a floor jack under the middle of the car to raise it high enough to clear the car, but with so much from the front end removed, I had to have my dad pushing down on the nose because it was lifting up!

Finally installed, mostly...

Very Glad I spent the time to shave the firewall, and trunk wall. Looks very clean, and I love how bright it is with the reflective insulation... And couldn't resist throwing the turbo on, I'm sure most of you can figure out the problem with this turbo...

[This message has been edited by IanT720 (edited 05-10-2015).]

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
The Garrett Turbo would not work, it has an offset exhaust flange so its either pushed into the firewall, or strut tower if flipped. Also I was never fully enamored with that turbo, it was only 60mm and had a huge laggy .96AR... All said and done, I decided to ditch the thing... While I was busy searching for a new turbo, I decided to push on, and start modifying the fuel system. I still had my Eaton EP381 Fuel pump that I used when it had the stock blower but, that wasn't enough... So following Dark's advice I got a Deatsch-Werks DW300 pump, install was a tad tricky since its a universal pump, but this is the final product...

Also I scored some Fuel logs! However the regulator was mounted on top, I thought it looked real ugly... So I decided to make my own Return-less fuel setup! I used Darth Fiero's setup for reference...

This is before....

And after! by moving the regulator down low, I only have 1 fuel line going to the rail! I used AN Fittings, and this whole setup is totally out of sight! I love how it came out!

Here's the Fuel Logs on the engine, I still need to re-do the "crossover hose" but I want to make sure it runs, so its fine for now... I wired up the plug wires, and this is roughly where I'm mounting the coils...

NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2015 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Koert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just whent through whole threat. One word would pretty much describe my feelings about it: AWESOME!
Dude you're awesome
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Koert:

Just whent through whole threat. One word would pretty much describe my feelings about it: AWESOME!
Dude you're awesome

thanks! I appreciate that, been a ton of hard work and time. Nice to know people actually care and dig what I did . I will admit I'm way behind on posting... Those recent posts were actually from last summer, frankly if you though that was cool, you haven't seen anything yet
Koert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thanks! I appreciate that, been a ton of hard work and time. Nice to know people actually care and dig what I did . I will admit I'm way behind on posting... Those recent posts were actually from last summer, frankly if you though that was cool, you haven't seen anything yet

Haha, you commented on my question and I replied that I would check out your build right away. Then I discovered that it was this one.
What transmission did you use? It is probably somewhere in there, but I am lazy and you probably can give me some tips on that.
Koert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Koert

64 posts
Member since Mar 2015
My bad about the tranny, I found it. Why did you go with the automatic? I would like the keep it a stick shift because I am not going for fastest 1/4 mile times, I just want a powerful fast car. What would you suggest if I keep it manual?
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you walk me through how you removed the torsion bars from the decklid hinges?
I will be doing it to my car and haven't found any good walk-throughs so far.

Great build so far btw
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My bad about the tranny, I found it. Why did you go with the automatic? I would like the keep it a stick shift because I am not going for fastest 1/4 mile times, I just want a powerful fast car. What would you suggest if I keep it manual?

Glad you checked it out . Reasons are... My car was already an auto. Auto's are stronger than any manual available for the Fiero. With a turbo autos keep the boost between shifts. And finally they are fastest in the quarter. I do love manuals, but for the Fiero an auto made way more sense. If manual go F23. That's what I was contemplating...
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Can you walk me through how you removed the torsion bars from the decklid hinges?
I will be doing it to my car and haven't found any good walk-throughs so far.

Great build so far btw

Kinda scary right? Well first off remove the deck lid. That's pretty self explanatory. Then put a piece of wood to cover the rear window (just in case). Then just take off the 4 bolts that hold the rods on. Mine actually never contacted the wood, maybe it's a fluke. It's much easier than you think. It was so long ago but I remember I was worried for nothing, best of luck!
Koert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad you checked it out . Reasons are... My car was already an auto. Auto's are stronger than any manual available for the Fiero. With a turbo autos keep the boost between shifts. And finally they are fastest in the quarter. I do love manuals, but for the Fiero an auto made way more sense. If manual go F23. That's what I was contemplating...

Okay, now you will probably find me stupid for this question. but what are some cars that run a 3800SC?
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, now you will probably find me stupid for this question. but what are some cars that run a 3800SC?

Googles your friend man! But Grand Prix GTP, Impala SS, Monte SS (Sometimes), Bonneville SSEI, Buick Park Ave Ultra... Just craigslist.. PS You want 97 and newer, Series 2 or 3!!!! Very Important!
Koert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Googles your friend man! But Grand Prix GTP, Impala SS, Monte SS (Sometimes), Bonneville SSEI, Buick Park Ave Ultra... Just craigslist.. PS You want 97 and newer, Series 2 or 3!!!! Very Important!

Yeah, I had that figured out haha. Google just didn't want to just list me the cars. It had just big explanations and stuff.
Do you think I should buy a pre made wiring harness?
PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I had that figured out haha. Google just didn't want to just list me the cars. It had just big explanations and stuff.
Do you think I should buy a pre made wiring harness?

Yes! It was well worth it, it's a little pricy but the harness I got from Phonedawgz fit perfect, it's so thin you hardly see it on the engine, looks so clean, and it worked perfect outta the box. Last thing you want to do is worry about some wire you wired wrong IMO.
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apologies for not updating regularly. I ave a confession too, all these latest posts were actually from last summer, I just didn't want to skip over anything, but as it stands the car is very close to finishing! Stay tuned!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Alright lets start playing catch up, Last summer was crazy for me, I had tons of projects to finish besides the Fiero, and my first semester of College was drawing ever near...

First I was finishing up my 89 Bronco, I had bought it for 900 bucks, and brought it back to life with a ton of body work, engine work and cleaning.. I do miss that truck, but man was I happy when I got 4,000 for her!

With some of that money I decided to get myself a motorcycle because lord knows I need another project ... The bike was a 1980 Yamaha XS850, getting it was a whole adventure in itself, she maybe ugly but a very nice bike..

I decided to go the cafe racer route... Scroll down to see the finished bike

To top it off I finally convinced my dad to dump our minivan and get the much cooler 94 Roadmaster, we picked up this big O'l boat LT1 and all with full bags in the rear for 2,200! Score!

Needless to say it needed a little work, so I was called to help it and make it cooler

As you can see tons and tons of stuff got in the way of the Fiero and the build, and the biggest problem was I kept finding more things to do and modify on the car thus extending the build... And I had signed up for College in the fall for mechanical engineering, so as the Fall semester came, I worked harder than ever to finish these projects and the Fiero. Think of this as a Part 2 which covers last year up until current time .
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
The Buick had a horibble saggy front suspension, but the rear was already done with full bags... So after redoing every component in the front end, I also got the Cop springs, and cut them down a couple coils, needless to say its got a great stance now, and rides like a dream even with the 4 inch drop!...

Turns out getting a motorcycle was a BAD idea... Why? Because I just had to make it cooler haha. It took a fair amount of time and funds from the Fiero, but oh was it so worth it! This is what I ended up doing to her...

Went on a long ride with my girlfriend..

Afterwards, we got the engine from here on the cradle...

To In the Fiero!... She was a great help

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Alright so to Re-cap, I stripped the body off the car, put new firewall insulation in, put my l67 and drivetrain in. Remember I ditched the blower for an F-body intake, and a big ol Turbo
-Installed the DW300 Fuel pump
-80lb Injectors
-Return-less Fuel setup
So far...

Next I finished removing the whole interior, mixed up my own DIY "Lizard Skin" Sound deadener, and sprayed the whole car... Its blue because I had a gallon of leftover blue latex paint.

Already the metal has a duller thud to it, and hopefully it sealed any loose pieces from rattling too... The plan is to make this a nice overall car that I can daily no problem, not a stripped out race car, I did some reading and bought a roll of Peal N Seal from Lowes, its Tar backed Aluminum for roofing but is also very similar to Dynamat insulation at 1/5 of the cost Yay! This stuff works best at about 30% coverage most don't know this, and waste their money by covering every inch..

I studied up on my sound deadening and ordered 36 sq. Ft. of the Luxury Liner Pro (MLV) from Second Skin Audio (http://store.secondskinaudio.com/luxury-liner-pro/) Its amazing thick stuff, I cut big sheets for the doors, and ran it from the back fire wall, on the floor, all the way up under the dash. Its going to be so quiet in there!

Also figured I might as well re-do my headliner...

For some reason Photobucket hates me.. So I will try and post more later! Cheers!

Koert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes! It was well worth it, it's a little pricy but the harness I got from Phonedawgz fit perfect, it's so thin you hardly see it on the engine, looks so clean, and it worked perfect outta the box. Last thing you want to do is worry about some wire you wired wrong IMO.

Okay, I will absolutely go with one of those than.
Do you think it is worth it to buy a new F23 tranny? Or just rip one of another car?
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2015 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, I will absolutely go with one of those than.
Do you think it is worth it to buy a new F23 tranny? Or just rip one of another car?

Don't quote me but I thought when doing the f23 you take parts from a cobalt or something and combine the transmissions... Buying any trans used is sketchy, if its too clean its probably bad, same fro to gross.
Koert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KoertSend a Private Message to KoertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I will have to do some more research on that. Well, I would have to anyway
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to remove the intake to get the Evap port and EGR Ports blocked off, But here's a shot of the turbo mounted (Roughly).

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock