Woohoo My 3800sc Swap! by IanT720
Started on: 06-12-2012 07:01 PM
Replies: 286 (17096 views)
Last post by: GADJet on 07-13-2017 03:48 PM
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had also spent the week finishing the interior on the car... I got some goodies!

-I got 2 Kicker 5.25 Speakers, 2 4x6 Kicker Speakers, a Pioneer head-unit and, Some adapters from TLG Auto...
-I got a triple gauge plate, thats extremely well made from a Fiero guy on Ebay.
-Got a dual gauge pod for a 92 Integra off ebay for next to nothing too...

Here are the audio goodies...

Here is the speaker with the adapter plates...

I packed the whole dashboard with Poly Fill, This does wonders for the sound!!!

Here's the fronts installed...

The rears were tricky! First I stuffed the Pillars with Poly Fill, then used some thick foam to help the speaker seal since its much deeper than the ones...

Installing the Radio was pretty straight forward, and came out sick with the new gauges!!!

I then started working on the A-Pillar gauge pod...

I mixed some epoxy and clamped it down over night, then started to fill the transitions with Fiberglass....

Got it pretty smooth, then primed it to see where I had to use spot putty...

Then I dusted it with Bed Liner, to bring back the texture where I smoothed it from sanding, I then started to re-paint the whole pillar...

I used a slightly different shade, that I like better. You can see here.... I the repainted the other A and B pillars the same shade.

Installed the B-Pillars again...

And the new pod!!!! Came out so cool!!!!

IP: Logged
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
The sound system sounds amazing!!!!! Between the sound deadening, nice speakers, and poly fill. It really sounds great! No rattles, and actually pretty good bass. I'm going to skip ahead a little, check out my Video's on You Tube!!! Its in 2 parts, and a pretty complete walk around of my car. Also I had my first successful fire-up!!! Please check out the video to hear her run, she sounds great!!!

FieroJuice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2016 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't tell you how many hours I've lost to PFF & build threads like this. Another amazing job.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I absolutely love this build..... Any updates to it recently?
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

I absolutely love this build..... Any updates to it recently?

Oh yes! So I finished it last year, ended up throwing a rod though!! So took everything apart, its now back together with a whole new engine... Shes running great! I've test drove it a bunch, pulls like crazy on only 8psi so far! Check out my Instagram @Official_Thompsonspeed for current videos and pictures, I don't do PFF that much anymore..
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice stereo install I'll have to give the polyfill a try. Does it make much difference? I have a similar Pioneer head unit (MVH-X580BS) and Kenwood speakers. Much better sound, but I figured it would never be "great". I'll have to give this a shot.

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2017 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:
Check out my Instagram @Official_Thompsonspeed for current videos and pictures, I don't do PFF that much anymore..

Following!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock