Woohoo My 3800sc Swap! by IanT720
Started on: 06-12-2012 07:01 PM
Replies: 286 (17096 views)
Last post by: GADJet on 07-13-2017 03:48 PM
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update- Alright so after realizing the hard way twice!!! that Autozone Transmission hose cannot handle the pressure and will burst leaving me stranded on the side of the road at 9:00 pm, and freezing while waiting for 2 hours for a tow truck, I finnally found some High pressure Kevlar re-enforced hose, and re-did my fittings so I can run the 3/8 line.... Here's The hose I bought... 300PSI... Here it is all hooked up... And this is a cool picture I took, after I buffed my rear window... Notice the engine reflection I also gave Rare87GT a $100 dollar deposit on his old exhaust system so I should be installing it within the month... I also have a guy coming buy today to pick up my old rims and tires... New Fiero Friend!!!
IP: Logged
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Double post... Whoops

[This message has been edited by IanT720 (edited 11-20-2012).]

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Bump- I just made a quick $50 selling my old rims to a fellow Fiero guy
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720 On Youtube:

From "1985 3.4 Fiero GT Vs. 2003 3.0 Eclipse GTS"

Now imagine a 3800sc!!! Just finished my swap!

Ian Thompson 6 days ago

How are you liking it so far? I've had mine since July. Love the damn thing more than I can express in words. Big plans for it in the near future, including making that color combo in my sig a reality.

------------------

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

How are you liking it so far? I've had mine since July. Love the damn thing more than I can express in words. Big plans for it in the near future, including making that color combo in my sig a reality.

I'm liking it a ton!!! All the attention she's get now too is nice... I can't wait to actually beat on it! So far it sucks at being reliable but should be better with the high pressure line like I said, I just want to drive it hard just breaking everything in first... Thanks!
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

I'm liking it a ton!!! All the attention she's get now too is nice... I can't wait to actually beat on it! So far it sucks at being reliable but should be better with the high pressure line like I said, I just want to drive it hard just breaking everything in first... Thanks!

I took the cheap way out, and just bought mine as is. It takes a beating without second thought.

Fast ass daily driver, that's for sure.

My daily picks on other guys' hobby cars, lmao.

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 11-20-2012).]

85GT_3800SC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! That kevlar hose looks heavy duty.Looks like a good solution to your hose problem. Are those heavy duty hose clamps as well? They look fairly robust from the picture.Are they clamped on to the flared line end? I will be looking for something like this when I get to that stage in my own swap. Thanks for posting!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kudos on the DD mine will be as well, just really really praying I can get a new winter car :/. Yeah the hose is great 5 bucks a foot, I'm using fuel injection clamps, think heavy duty hose clamps... They're nice because there more like a band clamp... Car quest has them, I highly recomed! And yep I have them on all the ends (4)... Your welcome! I couldn't find many pictures of how the Trans lines were done... Wish I knew not to mess with that autozone hose :/
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winter car? My other Fiero, lol. Rusty anyway, and getting a body off resto in the future. so *shrug*.

I would much rather use something else as a beater, but money got tight during the year, so it will have to do.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Have fun!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

Winter car? My other Fiero, lol. Rusty anyway, and getting a body off resto in the future. so *shrug*.

I would much rather use something else as a beater, but money got tight during the year, so it will have to do.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Have fun!

Ahah, hopefully my buddy will come through... I'm planning on trading my 85 Trans Am with a siezed 350, for his running 86 GT which will be my winter car, then fix her up and sell her!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So recently my car started bucking and sounded like it had a big cam then would eventually stall out when the rpms dropped below 1000 rpm... I bought a new o2 sensor and she runs perfect! (Do not ever shampoo you exhaust when it's hot, otherwise you will buy a new o2 sensor for $65)

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Bump- My exhaust system came in the mail! It's Rare87GT old exhaust, really nice guy. Gotta take some pics, I still need to get some kind of intermediate pipe for it to bolt up, but it looks fantastic. 3inch pipe, 2 bullet mufflers, 2 wide oval chrome tips... It's all painted in a high temp silver except the tips and looks beautiful. Thanks Amir! It will be nice and loud, super clean and just perfect... Need some pics!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the exhaust pics... its made for TOG headers so I need to get it to work with the stock manifold... 2.5 to 3, angled pipe etc...
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shabam! I got my new exhaust fitted. well Rare87GT's old exhaust lol, I'm still running the stock manifolds connected to 3 inch pipe, with 2 bullet mufflers, no cat, and wide oval chrome tips! I had to get it hacked up a little to fit with the stock manifolds but, the did a great job and rubber mounted it to the cradle too. I love how its mounted, the tips are exactly flush with the rear bumper and are upswept a bit giving it a cool look. Its loud but not crazy loud, its louder than most cars which is how I wanted it but not even close to open headers. It sounds cool too, has a v8 rumble at idle but sounds like a really tough import when you get going. It came out perfect! Here's a quick little video I made, check it out!!!!

[This message has been edited by IanT720 (edited 01-13-2013).]

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever get your dogbone back??
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

Did you ever get your dogbone back??

No I have not, I put off replying to your PM in case FOY came through but he has never called me back yet, I call him about once a week... So he still has my modified dogbone I guess, and I want it now!
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally went with the West Coast Fiero Dogbone!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally went with the West Coast Fiero Dogbone!

How's it working out? Trunk wall flex? I'm going to too, just need a refund from FOY
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clean looking swap. Nice car.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exhaust looks sweet man! Glad you like the sound. It sounds just like mine did What cam is in your car? Sure looks pretty! Glad it got to you safe and you enjoy the sound. I am liking my quieter Magnaflow setup lol. Keep in touch bud!

-Amir

------------------

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Clean looking swap. Nice car.

Thanks, means a lot comming from a guy with those cars in your sig

PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Exhaust looks sweet man! Glad you like the sound. It sounds just like mine did What cam is in your car? Sure looks pretty! Glad it got to you safe and you enjoy the sound. I am liking my quieter Magnaflow setup lol. Keep in touch bud!

-Amir

Thanks! It really did come out great, cam? Awesome haha because I don't have one Glad your new setups working well, I will probably follow suit in a few years. For sure!

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed your speedo moving as you revved your engine. Whats up with that? Car looks fantastic and I know you've started from little and achieved a lot. Also, whats up with the floor mounted sub?
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

How's it working out? Trunk wall flex? I'm going to too, just need a refund from FOY

I put a metal bar a 2ft long on the inside of the trunk going from left to right, in two areas. I got the bar from Home Depot!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

I noticed your speedo moving as you revved your engine. Whats up with that? Car looks fantastic and I know you've started from little and achieved a lot. Also, whats up with the floor mounted sub?

Haha beats me, maybe a bad ground? I noticed the same thing, thanks! That's nice to hear man. As for the sub I still need to buy some glass and make it up. Yep need to get on that haha
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010

I put a metal bar a 2ft long on the inside of the trunk going from left to right, in two areas. I got the bar from Home Depot!

Alright gotcha, thanks!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
99% Finished!!! I just spent the day at a family friends shop building brackets, to hold my hood pins, to hold my decklid down The business is Weldcraft on Newburg Road, Michigan. He specializes in wheel widening, welding and fabrication. Here's a link to his site... http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/ And http://www.weldcraftfab.com/ So with my giant custom snorkle scoop, there's no way it would flip open the conventional way so I had to use hood pins! I removed the hinges, and the torsion rods which left the nice studded hinge boxes as a great mounting point for the decklid... We notched out the section where the alternator hits, and marked where brackets and holes need to be made... He quickly built me these brackets which bolt on... Here's a dry fit... I threw some primer on... Installed the pins which are totally adjustable.... Also cut some pipe and made bushing to support the decklid... And finished!.... James (Owner) Posing with my girl... And here's how she sits... More pics... When I get back home, I'm going to finish painting them gloss black, and put on the new plates instead of the old beat to crap ones. I love it!!! It sounds a lot better too, less background noise, it sounds deeper, and you can really hear the supercharger through the scoop! It just sounds cleaner over all, very happy, and I highly recommend James and his shop!!!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Now just to make it functional ram air
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DONE!!! My swap is officially finished! Besides cosmetic stuff and mods, the actuall swap part is finished . FOY came through and I recieved my dogbone back, great quality, and functional. I swung by Weldcraft again today and the owner James Reading chopped it up and made some nice welds so my dogbone fits perfect and is rock solid. For the dogbone to fit with my Fiero X mounts, it bolts up under the alternator (I realize the alt bracket can break, but I'm not racing it and the engine never moved even without a dogbone) anyway he had to cut the arm in half, we bolted 1 half under the alt. bracket and the other half to where the dogbone connects to the trunk wall. He then fit a piece of solid round stock and tacked it in place. I then unbolted the whole dogbone and he finished welding it up for me, I questiond the strength so he welded a brace on the side of it. I sand blasted it, and will paint it to tomorrow. It safe to say I have a very strong dogbone . I finnaly had the confidence to get on it a little comming home... Oh man! I didn't even floor it and it just pulls and pulls! I love the blower sound... WaaaaaAAAA!!!! I will post pics of the dogbone setup tomorrow! Peace!
race9887

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for race9887Send a Private Message to race9887Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear that the swap is done, can't wait till spring so I can get mine done.

------------------
Our projects

Fieros: 85 Coupe, parts car 86 SE(everything except automatic), 86 SE 3800 Series 2 conversion car.

Build Thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121858.html

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by race9887:

Great to hear that the swap is done, can't wait till spring so I can get mine done.

Thanks! Goodluck with yours!
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
congrats....i see you are in MI, so am i. i just picked a SC 3800 swapped into 1987, myself
i also see you by Brighton home of the http://www.thelingenfeltercollection.com/
which i plan to attend each and every "Open House" they have.
hope to see ya out on the streets!! pheeeow!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-26-2013).]

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, figured its about time to update... First off this thing is very fast, and very great. I was forced to drive it through winter, and I drove it everyday up and till now, Little hiccups here and there but, overall no problems at all. Guess I did something right . Anyhow I've raced a few newer muscle cars, and my buddies turbo honda and I destroyed them! My car actually has its own rumours! My friends are always fighting for a seat in it, I gained major respect from my co-workers, and people twice my age. The coolest part is everybody knows it now, and are amazed when I pop the hood I've been pulled over twice now for speeding and the cops let me off with a warning, and wanted to see my car.

Now the bad part... One day my lower control arm bracket snapped off up front I had it welded but, a couple weeks later it disintegrated itself and is un-fixable... So plans changed a bit but, it so happened I had a really nice 87 GT with a beautiful body, and perfect interior sitting in my garage as reference to this thread..//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091546.html So I decided to drop my 3.8 out of my SE and swap it into the fastback

Here's where the story continues... I got a 87GT with 80K Miles, its an auto but it has an absolutely perfect golden interior. The body is perfect but the paint is horrible and sun faded.. The engine is disassembled but was running, a perfect candidate for my 3800sc!

I broke my record and dropped the cradle in 3 hours!..

I started stripping and painting the engine bay tonight, will takes pictures tomorrow... I will drop out my 3800sc this weekend too, I decided to re-paint it Pontiac blue, buy an ST3 Camshaft, and get a fat Turbo .. The turbo and the cam will wait as I'm still collecting the funds but, I cannot wait! I also decided to keep the 2.8 that came from the fastback and use it as a learning project on how to properly rebuild and engine, I do want to make it a race motor... But thats for another time. Anyhow I just thought I would let you guy's know what happening, and hopefully this too can help someone... Take it easy!

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2013 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So a real quick update (will edit later). I dropped my 3800sc out, put it on a stand and stripped it apart! I'm repainting the block and heads Pontiac Blue, got a bunch of the Duplicolor paint... I also bought a Statamma ST3 Turbo Cam from member JB1, he's a good dude. And finally I actually picked up a turbo! It's a Holset He451VE... It's either 60, or 64mm I haven't measured yet... But it is VGT and has a controller too! The turbo itself has never been used only tested and has zero shaft play! I'm thinking I could make the VGT boost activated from the wastegate right? Or atleast make it manual control. Really looking for Dark or Justin to weigh in on this turbo. Plus is it to big? Its pretty huge physically but the exducer is still on the small side... Oh well. Pics later!

------------------

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alight I have been lazy updating but here's a pic of me and my ST3 Cam... My Holset 451 VGT Turbo (for sale pm me)... And I stripped and Painted the engine(not done yet)... I also dropped gas tanks to transfer my fuel pump over too, just been busy at work ughh.
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guy's got some more pics to what I've been up too... I bought and installed the ST3 Cam, Installed my 130# Springs, Installed the double roller chain, got the manifolds painted and installed, took the oil pan off and installed back on, installed the valve covers too..
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update! Apologies for keeping you guys waiting.... So to Re-cap. This thread was about my original build on my car, my many tribulations and then the final completion of my 3800 Supercharged engine/transmission swap. I loved it and I miss it so much, it was my daily driver but, that took its toll on the car. A mix of michigan roads, a loose front end, and the extra 170 HP ended up destroying the front lower control arm mounts. Un-fixable and not worth trying to fix, so she sits... Luckily I had an 87 GT in my possession, the plan was to restore and sell the car but I decided to keep it and drop my 3800sc into her. Not without some upgrades and needed mods ... The new car is an '87 GT with faded "Red Metallic" paint, and a perfect "Saddle Tan" interior. Has 72k on the clock, pretty clean underneath just showing some rust on the trunk corners and radiator support.

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

[This message has been edited by IanT720 (edited 05-05-2014).]

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Since I ripped my whole 3800sc drivetrain out, I didn't want to Re-install it without fixing some things, Re-painting, and most importantly upgrades!!!

*Install ST3 Turbo Camshaft
*130# Springs/With new retainers
*Double Roller Chain
*Change paint from Silver/Red to Pontiac Blue/Satin Black
*Low mount alt, block coolant passages, use 2 upper dogbones
*Siemens-Deka 60lb Injectors
*Deatsch DW300 Fuel Pump
*Garrett Turbo T04B, 60mm .69 AR
*F-body Upper/Lower Intake manifolds
*Silicone Intakes Water to Air Intercooler setup
*3000 Stall Torque Converter
*Intense Racing Shift Kit
*Trans Cooler
*Poly (Full Car)
*Swap over Grand Am Brakes/Hubs
*Add Rear Swaybar
*Lower front 2", Rear is lowered 1.5
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
More Pics... I got a good tip, and bought a roll of Fireproof/Waterproof, heat and sound deadening material for engine bays of boats... 1/3 Cost of Dynamat and I'm nothing but happy with the stuff. I ripped all the old crap out, cut off most of the remaining brackets/tabs and even hacked away my whole battery mount (Will be doing a Front mount battery/More room for intake piping). The results...

(Finishing touch will be some aluminum strips to cap the top edge of the insulation)

I then spent a ton of time stripping the paint, and then prepping for the new color...

Then 5 Coats of Pontiac Blue, and 3 coats clear...

Came out Fantastic!!! Also you can see I painted my manifolds Satin Black... And installed the ST3 Camshaft, with a Double Roller chain, and 130 Springs..

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IanT720

1703 posts
Member since Sep 2010
As you can see I went heavy with the insulation near the drivers side Strut tower/Firewall because that's where I will be mounting my Turbo. And I'm ditching my blower for an Intake Manifold from an F-body Car which puts the Throttle Body on the passenger side of the car, so I will have room to mount the turbo over the transmission as planned. I googled for info and found Ryan from Sinister built a car the same way...

Just got my Turbo in the mail! Its a used Garrett T04B, its 60mm with a .69AR. I was thinking something bigger but I couldn't beat the deal.

Here it is in relation to my L67..

Without a welder or welding skills, I knew I would be in it knees deep when it came to getting a custom turbo crossover or headers made. Luckily I found this gem on eBay! Its a ZZP Z7 Turbo Crossover which won't fit without heavy modification but, this one is already modified to fit a Fiero with a 3800 stuffed in it!!! Score!

So far it looks like it should fit, even the flange fits the turbo! Won't know for sure until I test fit but, I'm prayin..

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock