Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Group Buy on SpeedHut custom gauges (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Group Buy on SpeedHut custom gauges by Oosky
Started on: 04-18-2012 09:00 PM
Replies: 99 (3055 views)
Last post by: Amida on 03-07-2014 10:06 AM
Oosky

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, so SpeedHut's website seems to not have the custom glow dials for Fiero available anymore. I was REALLY counting on having them for my Fiero, I e-mailed SpeedHut and they responded saying if I can get a group buy together of 10+ people that want the custom glow dials for Fiero, they'd sell them again!!! PLLLEEEEAASE anyone interested??? btw these are the gauges that look like the Fiero stock gauges but you get new bulbs/colors and custom logos!! from what I understand anyway....aghhh I want them! XD

------------------
your Fiero loves you!!! <3

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There already is a thread concerning the speed hut guages and I posted that I have already been in meetings with their CEO so I do not see why tyou are posting another thread basically saying something similer?????
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea I saw your thread, I commented on it. lol I just thought another thread would help people see it and post if they want in for the group buy
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no one wants speedhut gauges? I reallyyy want some for my car....I just want pretty colored gauges with fiero logos....pleeeease >.<
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuump
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pictures?
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm gussing these are the ones he is talking about:

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea that's pretty much what i want! lol stock looking gauges with different glow color and logos! btw, I'm a girl ;D thanks for posting the pics! man I want those gauges so bad...LOL but with the fiero logo on one side and pontiac logo on the other

------------------
your Fiero loves you!!! <3

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats the cost on the full set of gt overlays?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a how-to thread on these things a few years ago....how to install them without removing the needles. This is what they look like out of the package:

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooo I love those!!! does speedhut make them in black instead of white? I want the aux gauge and HVAC thing too..XD haha
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oosky:

ooo I love those!!! does speedhut make them in black instead of white? I want the aux gauge and HVAC thing too..XD haha

Yes I believe they do.
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooooskyyy waantttt LOL
sprnt96

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprnt96Send a Private Message to sprnt96Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will these work on an 84 or do I have to go the decal route?
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sprnt96:

will these work on an 84 or do I have to go the decal route?

They only work with the 86+ V6 back-lit gauges.
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whitegauges.net offers gauges for any fiero, i think. I might just get some from that site for now :P
littleblackpontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for littleblackpontiacSend a Private Message to littleblackpontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm in! i really want speedhut gauges, because i dont want white. im really mad that i didnt buy them when i first designed the SH gauges i wanted!
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea same here, I wish I had bought them right away too I decided to just wait until SpeedHut makes them again, if they ever do....youre the only one who has responded to this thread who is actually willing to pay for the gauges, and Speedhut told me they need like 10 people to buy them all at once, at least. haha...lame....-.- I'll definitely update this thread if I hear any news on the gauges though!
littleblackpontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleblackpontiacSend a Private Message to littleblackpontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea I knew I shoulda bought them while I had the chance. I don't see why they can't sell them upon request,
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll go in for a set of those. let me know when this is going down. pm me. yes, i should have bought them a while back
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I'll email Speedhut again and see if they'd be willing to make more custom Fiero gauges for us, they originally said I needed TEN people to be in on the group buy, but I'll ask again anyway...thanks guys!
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone asked why they do not want to continue offering the Fiero gauges?

I own a set (purchased last year, but have not yet installed) - and knowing what I do about print & production, these things are all 1-off production pieces anyway. Hence the ease of which to customize them. So, why would they not offer them anymore? Is one extra web page somehow a burden? Are they more difficult to produce than other gauge kits because of their size/shape?

...perhaps worth asking?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Has anyone asked why they do not want to continue offering the Fiero gauges?

I own a set (purchased last year, but have not yet installed) - and knowing what I do about print & production, these things are all 1-off production pieces anyway. Hence the ease of which to customize them. So, why would they not offer them anymore? Is one extra web page somehow a burden? Are they more difficult to produce than other gauge kits because of their size/shape?

...perhaps worth asking?

I asked them and the answer I got was that the custom fiero gauges sold well right away when they had them, and then sales dropped to almost zero, I dont know when they started offering the fiero gauges, but that's what I was told...I thought it was weird they said sales went down so fast and suddenly , seems like people still want them (people aka. us on the forum lol) when you get your gauges installed I'd love to see pics of them!
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I asked them and the answer I got was that the custom fiero gauges sold well right away when they had them, and then sales dropped to almost zero, I dont know when they started offering the fiero gauges, but that's what I was told...I thought it was weird they said sales went down so fast and suddenly , seems like people still want them (people aka. us on the forum lol) when you get your gauges installed I'd love to see pics of them!

I guess I still don't see why they wouldn't offer them, as they've already completed the initial setup of all the printing & cutting templates?
It should just be a matter of printing and assembling - same as any other order or style. <shrug>

Some History:

I began working on a Indiglo-look white face design back in the fall of 2001: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020118-1-010075.html
...which didn't end well: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020118-1-011111.html
Joe Torma & I were working on a real EL Gauge set toward the end of 2001: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020319-1-012578.html
Speedhut was open to the idea after a decent forum/group effort in 2002: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0204-1-020451-2.html
And they started pre-ordering in early 2003: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030204-1-021496.html

...funny that despite getting some things rolling with Speedhut back then, I didn't order my own gauge faces until just last november... 10 years after I started with my own design.

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-17-2012).]

Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wait...YOU designed the speedhut custom fiero gauges?? :O
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wait...YOU designed the speedhut custom fiero gauges?? :O

LOL... I helped. I designed my own, then sent the files to SpeedHut to give them a jump start on the Fiero deisgn! I suspect I still have some of the old parts & pieces in storage somewhere, but Joe would be the one with the original prototype EL parts (if they even still exist).
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

LOL... I helped. I designed my own, then sent the files to SpeedHut to give them a jump start on the Fiero deisgn! I suspect I still have some of the old parts & pieces in storage somewhere, but Joe would be the one with the original prototype EL parts (if they even still exist).

That's awesome!!!!!! I LOVE your design for the gauges!! Is there anyway you can get speedhut to make them again?? I want them so bad! haha I love how you can customize them and put the logos on!
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I said in previous post that I would up date the progress and I have good news the CEO of Speedhut has agreeded to bring them back. It would be a couple of months until the site was changed back over but as of 5/16 the agreement was reached between them and our club. This will put an end of persons who keep asking for them to come back so I hope everyone who wants them will order them! He could not assure me how long buts eastmated most likely a year or more that they would be for sale!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC
NYFOC Member

littleblackpontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleblackpontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes! Finally now no time to mess around
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's awesome!!!!!! I LOVE your design for the gauges!! Is there anyway you can get speedhut to make them again?? I want them so bad! haha I love how you can customize them and put the logos on!

I don't have any connection to SpeedHut - I was just in the right place, with the right files, at the right time back in 2002. The rest is all them!

Originally posted by amflyer:

Like I said in previous post that I would up date the progress and I have good news the CEO of Speedhut has agreeded to bring them back. It would be a couple of months until the site was changed back over but as of 5/16 the agreement was reached between them and our club. This will put an end of persons who keep asking for them to come back so I hope everyone who wants them will order them! He could not assure me how long buts eastmated most likely a year or more that they would be for sale!

Well done giving them the "kick in the pants" to do it! ...but what kind of agreement did they want? That seems quite odd.

Like I indicated above (and for reference, I'm in a company that does a LOT of custom cut signage & POP displays very similar in production method as these gauge faces) why would they make it seem like some sort of burden on them anyway? ...just consider me a little skeptical I guess.

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-17-2012).]

littleblackpontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleblackpontiacSend a Private Message to littleblackpontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea i dont understand that either, how is it hurting them if they are already made?

------------------
Shane

PFF
System Bot
littleblackpontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleblackpontiacSend a Private Message to littleblackpontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

littleblackpontiac

96 posts
Member since Aug 2010
So how long do i have to wait till i can buy some?
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea I will be buying new gauges or atleast faceplates in the next week hopefully, I doubt the speedhut ones will be available by then oh well...I guess i could always put my old gauges back in...and/or change them to speedhuts? lol
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OR you can just get the REAL Speedhut gauges like I have!
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont want those, they're too modern looking and dont come in colors i like . lol I like the stock fiero gauges, just want logos and different colored bulbs. either that, or I'll get faceplates like from whitegauges.net or whatever, or glowshift or something. lol
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont want those, they're too modern looking and dont come in colors i like . lol I like the stock fiero gauges, just want logos and different colored bulbs. either that, or I'll get faceplates like from whitegauges.net or whatever, or glowshift or something. lol

For $20 worth of cut/print vinyl - something like whitegauges.net stuff would be an OK substitute for awhile. I doubt they'd look very nice at night though. The Speedhut stuff really is a big cut above the rest - and worth the wait.
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yea but I'd rather have something like whitegauges if I have to for now, we'll see I guess....speedhut is my top choice, but I might have to settle for something else until speedhut has the fiero gauges again. I've been settling for second and third choices alot lately for my car, so it's fine...I'll be patient for speedhut in the meantime :P
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been informed that Speedhut should have these gauges back in stock next month.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take 2 sets.
Oosky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OoskySend a Private Message to OoskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet!! I was gonna get new gauges for my car NOW but maybe I'll wait if they're gonna get them in next month....wahoo!! maybe I'll message them again and let them know a few people here on the forum are definately interested
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock