EL Guages by cancerkazoo
Started on: 08-03-2002 11:28 AM
Replies: 143
Last post by: Imperlioni on 10-06-2002 04:36 AM
87GTBro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post
I emailed them too... lets keep hounding them
IP: Logged
Dan Robinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RobinsonSend a Private Message to Dan RobinsonDirect Link to This Post
I'll get a set but where do you go to pick out the colors and everything. I was to the site but can't find where to go.

------------------
DiZZI

Matthew 11:28,29
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
www.geocities.com/captain_cu_cu/danro.html

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
He hasn't added our pre-order listing yet. Hopefully he will this week
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
I recieved this from them...

To: <boostedloser@biohazardracing.com>
Subject: RE: 1987 Fiero GT
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:02:43 -0600

sure,
we can produce them and we just need a cluster sent to us.
cs
www.SPEEDHUT.com

Fiero_Freak

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
I'm game for a pair.... I have a gauge set and pod that I could send in too. Someone e-mail me if we can get together on this thing. chvfrk98@cs.com

------------------

Two '87 GT's...
...Double Trouble
86 SE w/ T-440
87 4-cyl-->soon to be 3.4L
86 GT w/ 60K

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
My email message as sent to sales@speedhut.com

Speedhut-

Your work on Indiglo gauges for the Pontiac Fiero was brought to my attention in this Pennock's Fiero Forum thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTOML/020451.html (I'm "MinnGreenGT").

I am a professional graphic designer and I have been working with others on trying to develop indiglo/EL gauges for the Fiero for more than a year now. We've discovered quickly that the cost for low-volume production is prohibitive- and others have suggested that I send you my Adobe Illustrator Layouts to help speed up the process.

My layout includes the 120mph Speedo, Tach, Fuel/Temp gauges, "AUX" Guages with Oil/Volts, and the HVAC control panel. People are very adamant about wanting the HVAC controls panel made... it is just as easy to replace as the gauges- and has the exact same appearance. There is also shown two small vertical strips that would have been left as a translucent-white piece to
cover the existing turnsignal/warning light strips.

I've attached the layout in a ZIP file for ease and download speed. The file contains a copy of the ".ai" file, as well as the font initially used (serpentine), and a fade-to-white checkerboard background (obviously
optional- just part of my original design). Let me know if this will help at all.

I do not wish for any compensation for these layouts (although a note as to whether or not they'll help at all would be nice)- I just hope it will speed up production on them, so that I may order a set (or two) as well!

Thanks-
Rob Bartlett
"MinnGreenGT"
Custom 87 GT
Custom 88 T-top

I just hope this helps!

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Your work on Indiglo gauges for the Pontiac Fiero was brought to my attention in this Pennock's Fiero Forum thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTOML/020451.html (I'm "MinnGreenGT").

How did that "O" in "HTOML" get there!?!?!?!?

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Freak:
I'm game for a pair.... I have a gauge set and pod that I could send in too. Someone e-mail me if we can get together on this thing. chvfrk98@cs.com

If you e-mailed them www.speedhut.com<~~they could tell you where to send them.
Wonder if they'll pay for shipping, if not I'm sure a few of us can pitch in
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post

cancerkazoo

672 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Oh..& I want to thank everyone that was working on the orginal developement of these. I didn't want to step on anyones feet, I just saw that this company would make these with a reletivally (sp) low amount of orders and would save people with other jobs some spare time also.

Steve

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cancerkazoo:
Oh..& I want to thank everyone that was working on the orginal developement of these. I didn't want to step on anyones feet, I just saw that this company would make these with a reletivally (sp) low amount of orders and would save people with other jobs some spare time also.

I hope you're not referring to me? No toes stepped on here! I started developing mine more than a year ago... and it is really impossible for me (and Joe Torma) to produce them for anyone for less than about $250... And very few have jumped or even hinted that they were serious at that price. ("...why would I pay $250 for those, when I can get a set for my honda for $45.99 at Rice Boys?")

If I can get a complete set... that's all I care about!

As for my mistyped address... I hope they can figure it out

If you run a search for "indiglo guages" or "EL guages" with my name (MinnGreenGT), you'll see what happened with my inital- and consecutive designs...

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
It wasn't anything you said. I was just thinkin about it and didn't know if you were really excited about making them for us or just wanted to build them in general.

Acually I've been reading your indiglo threads since about when you did your clear tails

[This message has been edited by cancerkazoo (edited 08-07-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post
I received this from them today:

Hi Daniel,

We will not be producing HVAC controls at this time!

Thanks,
Customer Service
www.SPEEDHUT.com

[This message has been edited by 87GTBro (edited 08-07-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Well... here's what I just recieved from Speedhut:

----------
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:52:34 -0600
To: "Rob C. Bartlett" <rob@xtralite.com>
Subject: RE: Pontiac Fiero LAYOUT!

We could not open your files. Are they 8.0 illustrator files? What are the other files you have included? Im sure they will help us once we have someone step forward and send us a instrument cluster. The person that sends us the cluster for the fiero group will receive their indiglo for free. We need info on all years of fiero the indiglos cover. Are there differant clusters for differant years of fiero?

Julianna.
Customer Service
www.SPEEDHUT.com

And this is the response I just sent- along with a revised ZIP file:

----------
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:50:57 -0500
To: sales <sales@speedhut.com>
Subject: Re: Pontiac Fiero LAYOUT!

Julianna-

The file was originally an Illustrator 9.0 file. I've resaved and re-zipped it for Illustrator 8.0. The other files included were 1)an optional checkerboard background image, and 2)the Mac "Serpentine" font originally used in my layout. Were you able to UnZip it OK?

There was someoneone volunteering their cluster online (I realized that my thread address was wrong, so here it is again: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/020451.html

There were basically 3 different clusters used in the fiero. There was an 85mph front-lit model with screened-metal plates for gauges. Then there was an 85mph backlit model (where the gauge face was a printed piece attached to a piece of clear molded plastic), and the most-popular was a 120mph backlit assembly (as shown in my layout). If you're looking for samples of them all, I will willingly supply you with the 85 mph front-lit assembly (I have one for which I currently have no use). Just tell me where to send it.

Again- please let me know if this file is readable, and whether or not it will work for you. Also- are you on a Mac or a PC platform? I can save the file differently if that would help.

Thanks for working with the Fiero community on this... it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks-
Rob Bartlett
"MinnGreenGT"

So far so good. BTW: I personally don't recall ever seeing a backlit 85mph assembly- but I've heard they exist. Was that right?

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
There was a sidelit?? And a back lit 85 speedo
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Haze_Performance (edited 08-08-2002).]

johnmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnmacSend a Private Message to johnmacDirect Link to This Post
I just put in a request for 2 sets of gauge covers for my 2 lovelies.

------------------
John MacHaffie
86GT "Yellowbird"
85GT
johnmac@mpinet.net
Winter Springs, Florida

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2002 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard anythig else.
Fiero_Freak- Did you ever send those guages in or e-mail them?
MinnGreenGT- Did they ever respond to you after you sent those files for a second time
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2002 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Still no response. The last message took 2 days for a response... so I'll expect something on Monday.
FREHLEY1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2002 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FREHLEY1Send a Private Message to FREHLEY1Direct Link to This Post
BUMP....Anything New????

------------------

84 INDY
88 FORMULA

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
just to keep this close to the top .
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Just thought I'd let you know that I haven't heard back from them yet... I will keep you posted!
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2002 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
*UPDATE*

I just recieved the following message from their customer service:

---------
Yes we could open them. Do you want to be the model leader and send us a junk instrument cluster? We can get started on this as soon as we recieve the cluster from you. Or is there another person sending a cluster?

CS
www.SPEEDHUT.com
-------------------------

OK- so who's sending a cluster already? I've got an old 85mph cluster & an HVAC controller that I'll send. But it's extremely important that someone send them a 120 & an AUX gauge cluster. (I just sent an email to Fiero_Freak to see if he's still interested). If not- or even so, does anyone have a 120 cluster & Aux gauge set that they'd like to sell? I'm in the market!

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2002 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Count me in!

------------------
Boomtastic

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2002 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
I've got my extra set...but I'm just going to give them a call... He says a junk set. This is a spare set, not a junk set. I don't want to send it in if they are going to wreck it.

------------------

Two '87 GT's...
...Double Trouble
86 SE w/ T-440
87 4-cyl-->soon to be 3.4L
86 GT w/ 60K

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2002 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post

Fiero_Freak

1125 posts
Member since Oct 2000
I just shot them an e-mail... I will get those out first thing next week (120MPH and AUX). Here's hoping guys. Whew hoo.
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Coooooool!!! I can't wait.. Good work guys.

------------------

ClassicFiero.com

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Freak:
I've got my extra set...but I'm just going to give them a call... He says a junk set. This is a spare set, not a junk set. I don't want to send it in if they are going to wreck it.

I asked FieroGT if he'd be willing to donate a set:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/009696.html

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2002 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
sweet!!! I love you guys! I can hardly wait.

------------------
Josh

Under Construction

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2002 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
I have them packed.. Just waiting to hear from them. I'll call tomorrow and then get them mailed out. Here's a pic.

------------------

87 GT Maroon w/ Silver Auto
87 Coupe Blue 5-speed
87 Coupe White Auto
86 SE Red w/ Black 3.2L w/ T-440
86 GT Gold 4-speed WrEcKeD (Should you be able to see the coolant tube and still be able to drive it?)

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Oooooo...I need a 120mph guage
Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
OK I talked with the guy today. I'm going to be sending in an 85 and 120 speedo and rally gauge set. They will return my 120 and keep the 85.

PRICES: The set will most likely be $120 or a little less. That's both 120 speedo and rally or 85 with oil pressure gauge. Sorry no break for no rallys. He forsees less of a demand for these.

Custom Graphics are $32. If we come up with one that most of us agree on then they will input it for free, but anything that's not on thier site that you provide is $32.

I was thinking of the Pegesis SP? Logo in the speedo and tach, and the Pontiac logo in the other gauges. Any input?

I will be shipping these to them in the next couple of days, but I do need your help on a few things. I need clarified what years what type of gauges were availible. All 85MPH gauges patterns look the same right? I'm not worried about backlit verses sidelit as this won't make any difference once you have the EL installed. Also all 120's and rallys are backlit correct?

Thanks guys!

------------------

87 GT Maroon w/ Silver Auto
87 Coupe Blue 5-speed
87 Coupe White Auto
86 SE Red w/ Black 3.2L w/ T-440
86 GT Gold 4-speed WrEcKeD (Should you be able to see the coolant tube and still be able to drive it?)

PFF
System Bot
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Great to see this finally happening, great work everyone...this form is awsome
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
This is incredible!!!!!!!!

I have been looking forward to this since the buzz started a while ago with a few atempts from others.

I have the Fiero Store white faces gauges and boy do they suck!! U can see where the bulbs are at night and they used a reflective white instead of a plain white. They look like something you'd wear if you did road construction at night.

I would love a RED indiglo set up for the 120MPH w/ AUX and HVAC that would be awsome.
I already paid $100.00 for the crap I have now. I think most would agree this is cheap for what you're getting. I want them yesterday!!!!

THIS ROCKS!!!!!!

LET'S KEEP IT UP TOP!!!!!!!!

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out. P.S. GOT 19"s??

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to see the PFF logo available on them. This is great! I'm so glad they will make them.....

Good job team!

Which style are they going to make? Or can we have any style from their WWW site

[This message has been edited by grinthock (edited 08-21-2002).]

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
now they just have to be convinced into making the HVACs. even if they don't I am still gonna be one of the first in line for a set of these gauges. Thanks for all the work guys.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Freak- I was planning on sending them an 85 mph front-lit set. Do you have an 85mph backlit set? And yes, they are very different. I'm 99% sure that you couldn't use the same EL Gauges with the front lit as you could with the backlit.

Also, there are two forms the front-lit 85 mph guages... one has the oil pressure gauge at the bottom of the tach, the other had the volts at the bottom of the tach. Which are you sending them?

I was also planning on sending them the HVAC control as well (which they do have a layout for btw- I sent them mine!).

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Mine has the oil pressure gauge that the bottom on the tach. I think it's side lit but I'm not sure since I've never seen them work. Just let me know I talked to the guy yesterday and he said that he didn't have any and asked if I could send an 85 also. I'm getting my 120 back since as you can see it only has 60K of use. Let me know what you have...mine is out of an 87 coupe. Shoot me an e-mail if you would. chvfrk98@cs.com
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Got this in the mail last week

> If we had a lot of interest we can make the Havac controls. First we need
> to get a instrument cluster and start the pre-order!
> CS
>

and this today

there are a couple clusters coming to us. So we should be set.
CS
www.SPEEDHUT.com

So it sounds like the time is drawing near for a pre-order

[This message has been edited by cancerkazoo (edited 08-21-2002).]

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
I've got an extra A/C control thingie that could be used.

[This message has been edited by sqoach (edited 08-21-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Fiero_Freak- I finally remembered to grab my gauge cluster today. It is an '85 (I believe) which is an 85mph side-lit cluster with the oil pressure gauge on the tach (as opposed to the '84 which had the volts there). So if you're already sending it... I may as well leave mine collecting dust in the garage (I've got already got another installed in my 88 coupe by the previous owner- which is why I still need another 120mph cluster). Do you have the HVAC control to send? We really need to send them one so they can see how easy it would be to make- it'll be worth it. LMK!

Sounds like we may still need to locate someone with a backlit 85mph speedo assembly. Anybody?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock