Started on: 08-03-2002 11:28 AM
Replies: 143
Last post by: Imperlioni on 10-06-2002 04:36 AM
fieroluv

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
I have an 84 cluster 85MPH but how do you know if its back lit or side lit. the bulbs are behind the speedo itself but it looks like since the speedo is metal that the light would have to come up and around the speedo and be side lit. it is an extra cluster that I have so I could care less about it.
IP: Logged
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
FieroLuv- does your '84 cluster have the Volts gauge under the tach? If so- then it's one that they'd need. And yes, any of the gauge clusters with the metal "tray" type gauges are side lit.... you are correct in assuming that the light would not pass through the metal.

So... if it's got the volts gauge under the tach- it'd be greatly appreciated if you'd send it!

fieroluv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
yes volts is under tach, what all do they need and I'll send it. I changed it out in my car because everyone was telling me thats what was wrong with my speedo but it turned out to be a wrong connector on my vss. I don't have the trim pieces since I had to put it back on my car. but I do have the complete cluster though.
Dan Robinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RobinsonSend a Private Message to Dan RobinsonDirect Link to This Post
I believe that is all they need.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroluv:
yes volts is under tach, what all do they need and I'll send it. I changed it out in my car because everyone was telling me thats what was wrong with my speedo but it turned out to be a wrong connector on my vss. I don't have the trim pieces since I had to put it back on my car. but I do have the complete cluster though.

Send 'em exactly what you've got... the trim stuff is unimportant.

Send to:
Speedhut, inc.
765 West 425 North
Lindon, UT 84042
Attn:Pre Order

Please include all contact information (i.e., your name, address, phone) and all pertinent info about the cluster (years it covers, etc).

Fiero_Freak

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Sure... I'll toss the hvac control in also. I was just waiting to hear from you before I sent them out. BTW what years were backlit 85MPH's?

------------------
87 GT Maroon w/ Silver Auto
87 Coupe Blue 5-speed
87 Coupe White Auto
86 SE Red w/ Black 3.2L w/ T-440
86 GT Gold 4-speed WrEcKeD (Should you be able to see the coolant tube and still be able to drive it?)

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Freak:
BTW what years were backlit 85MPH's?

I'm not completely sure (I've asked someone else to check for me), but I believe it's possible that the 87 & 88 4cyl cars (coupes) had the backlit 85mph gauge clusters... but I'm not 100% sure on that yet. I will keep you posted!

But go ahead and send them the gauges you've got (labeled as clearly as possilbe)... and we'll see if we can get this process moving!

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2002 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
just keepin it close to the top
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
what years did that cluster I have cover, the one with the volts under tach.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2002 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroluv:
what years did that cluster I have cover, the one with the volts under tach.

The gauge cluster with the volts was only used in 1984. The replaced the volts with the oil pressure gauge in 1985 & later (it's a more useful guage to most people).

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
I have never felt that time was moving so slow before. I can't wait for these to actually go through production. They could charge thousands of dollars for these and I'd still be begging them to take my house in on trade!!

Someone needs to email them in regards to what happens when you piss off fiero people.

Just a friendly threat to keep their butt in gear, hehe.

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out. Over 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance P.S. GOT 19"s??(all the way around)

PFF
System Bot
87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
I'm not completely sure (I've asked someone else to check for me), but I believe it's possible that the 87 & 88 4cyl cars (coupes) had the backlit 85mph gauge clusters... but I'm not 100% sure on that yet. I will keep you posted!

My '87 coupe came with the 85mph reflector style (or side-lit, as some here have referred to them). '88 coupes were the same way.

I believe there were four distinct clusters:

* 85mph reflector (or side-lit) style with voltmeter gauge - used in '84 only
* 85mph reflector (or side-lit) style with oil pressure gauge - all 4-cylinder cars from '85 to '88 came with these.
* 85mph back-lit style - the '85 GT got these. The '86-'87 SE may have used them as well (but I'm not sure about that).
* 120mph back-lit style - '86-'88 GT and Formula used these. The '86-'87 SE may have used them as well (but I'm not sure about that).

* Auxillary cluster - all V6 cars used these.

Now, who's sending what?

* 85mph reflector (or side-lit) style with voltmeter gauge - fieroluv
* 85mph reflector (or side-lit) style with oil pressure gauge - MinnGreenGT and Fiero_Freak
* 85mph back-lit style - ?????
* 120mph back-lit style - Fiero_Freak
* Auxillary cluster - Fiero_Freak
* HVAC panel - Fiero_Freak

Did I miss anything?

[This message has been edited by 87ECO5 (edited 08-28-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87ECO5:
Now, who's sending what?

* [b]85mph reflector (or side-lit) style with voltmeter gauge - fieroluv
* 85mph reflector (or side-lit) style with oil pressure gauge - MinnGreenGT
* 85mph back-lit style - ?????
* 120mph back-lit style - Fiero_Freak
* Auxillary cluster - Fiero_Freak
* HVAC panel - Fiero_Freak

Did I miss anything?[/B]

Fiero_Freak will be sending the 85mph w/oil pressure cluster as well... since he had one and was already sending stuff. I just sent them my Digital layout files to give 'em a head start!

I'd have to say that I still have never seen an 85mph backlit assebly... somebody's got to have one, but I dunno who!

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Damn...sorry... hadn't checked in a few days. Everything is going out in the morning. Both sets, aux cluster, and HVAC. Whewhoo!
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
I *think* mine is a back-lit 85 speedo. But I'm not sure. How can I tell? Mine would be a GT gauge package if I had the 120 speedometer, as I've got the aux gauges also. I believe the 85 GT didn't come with the aux gauges, so they had the tach with the oil pressure. Could be wrong on that.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:
I *think* mine is a back-lit 85 speedo. But I'm not sure. How can I tell?

2 things... the front/side lit gauges are made from metal... and just outside of the gauges, the plate is "bent" toward the viewer (Backlit gauges are flat all the way to the edges). Also, the metal is more-black and more-shiny than the backlit (which looks almost more of a dark-gray in comparison). At night, does your gauge look kind of hazy? Or are all the numbers very clearly lit?

Otherwise- take photo of the gauge cluster and post it... we may be able to ID it visually that way (they have a slightly different appearance).

camon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for camonSend a Private Message to camonDirect Link to This Post
MinngreenGT and 87EC05.......

I think the 85mph backlit gauges were found in the 86 se's (possibly other models of the same year and maybe later years like 87 and 88).

I had a 1986 Fiero SE (2m6) and it had the 85mph backlit gauges including the aux. pod. So I know for sure that the 86 2m6 SE's had them!

just thought I would mention this!

------------------

Keith F.

camon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for camonSend a Private Message to camonDirect Link to This Post

camon

708 posts
Member since Sep 2001
If no one can comeup with the 85mph backlit gauge cluster (and they for sure come in the 85GT) I can get one.

I know of 2 85 GT's sitting in a junk yard near me (the gauges...last I checked were still in the cars and in good condion).

If you guys want me to pull one just let me know what all needs pulled out??? I was planning on going to the place anyway on Friday.

Let me know!

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
sorry, no new info, just a much needed=

BUMP!!

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by camon:
If no one can comeup with the 85mph backlit gauge cluster (and they for sure come in the 85GT) I can get one.

I know of 2 85 GT's sitting in a junk yard near me (the gauges...last I checked were still in the cars and in good condion).

If you guys want me to pull one just let me know what all needs pulled out??? I was planning on going to the place anyway on Friday.

Let me know!

I think it'd be great if you could do that! Pull the whole cluster if you can... otherwise just the gauge assembly itself (things like trim & plastic covers are not necessary).

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Does the difference even really matter? Is the layout the same? The light will now be coming from the el guage. Besides, if no one has then they won't make them if they're different. We need 15 ot 20 of each style for them to produce them. I would think the people that really want to replace theirs the most is the sidelit 85's, since those really suck for visiblity. I'm only getting a 120 to play around with and match my interior. I really NEED the 85MPH.
Any more ideas on the graphic that we can get for free? I really wanted the pegasus and a pontiac emblem on mine. Anyone else?

------------------
87 Coupe Blue 5-speed
87 Coupe White Auto
86 GT Gold 4-speed WrEcKeD (Should you be able to see the coolant tube and still be able to drive it?)

PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Does the difference even really matter? Is the layout the same? The light will now be coming from the el guage.

Actually- they would be completely different simply because of the material & shape of the gauges (I have compared the two side by side).

As to alternative designs... I did send them my fading-checker pattern with my original layouts.

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
What's different about the shape of them per say? I really don't know. I know they looked a little different font wise ,but would think that the gauges are in the same layout and locations..
The material shouldn't really make a difference would it? You're still putting the EL over it.
I think he may throw that graphic in for free...he was talking about creating a seperate one. Like a logo or something. Any ideas for a specific logo?
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Must be backlit because my gauges show up pretty good. On my 86 2m4, they didn't show up as well. (both 85 speedo)
camon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for camonSend a Private Message to camonDirect Link to This Post
Well I didn't get the chance to go up on Friday!

I am going up Saturday (today) for sure. I will pull the gauges and post some pics of then by Sunday!

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2002 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
Like Emeril... BAM!!!
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2002 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Well as of today, still no Fiero listed as an option.
JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
just keepin it on the 1st page
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
WHAT ABOUT KMH GAUGES!!!

heh, KMH would be great! I only wish I had one that I could send. I guess there is always Aus' printable ones.

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
I just called and talked with the guy from speed hut. He's got the gauges and has pulled them apart. He just needed some info on the needles off my 120mph's. I'm going to mic those when I get home and send him a drawing. When I get back with him I will ask when the templates will be up on the website.

Just to ask we would all prefer to pull our needles off and have the indiglo go underneath rather than having a larger hole that would be bigger than the needle center, right. Basically one way we pull our pins but it looks cleaner, the other way we don't pull our needles but theres a hole larger than the center to slip the gauges over. Just let me know which you guys prefer

Anymore on the logo we want to go with?

------------------
87 Coupe Blue 5-speed
87 Coupe White Auto

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I'd prefer the smaller hole and to remove the needle- I'm going to repaint it anyway!
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
edit sorry just finished reading it

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 09-04-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
Joe those are the sweetest gauges ever. If you can switch the lights to blue I want to buy a set.. Please e-mail me some infor when you start producing these.

Ummm... have you actually read this entire thread?

Joe and I have found that with us producing those guages (I printed the faces shown in that photo), that they would have an extremely high cost. Speedhut.com is currently in the process of working with us on mass-producing these gauges at a more reasonable coast, and allowing for more flexability in color, font, and design...

grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
I have the gauges sold by the guy on eBay n my GT now. They ft over the needles very nicely, and you'd never know. If they are cut properly, that is the way to go. I also have installed the white-face gauges that Fiero Store now sells. Had to pull the needles for that, and that was a pain getting them right after that.

Here you can see the gauges rght before actually out them in the car: http://onparadiseroad.com/gauges.htm They are pictures of them lit and not lit.

I vote for not pulling the needles.

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2002 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
i vote for pulling them. i did it before and i didn't have a hard time.
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2002 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, pull off needles. I did it for White Fiero Store Gauges. It's easy as long as you have the ignition on and car is cold. As for Fiero Store White Face Gauges: THEY SUCK, red abs plastic with REFLECTIVE WHITE VINYL that looked like the painted lines in the road. AND you can SEE the bulbs. No difuser of any kind. Why didn't they use regular white vinyl??? I can't wait for the indiglos to come out so I can get rid of these.

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out. Over 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance P.S. GOT 19"s??(all the way around)

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2002 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
I will post all the details when I get home tonight...but we should be on the site in a few days for preorders. I have prices and options and stuff. I'll just say now that it will be alot better for you guys to get in on this with the GP than order them later.
MinngreenGT... maybe we should start another post in the mall referencing this one once it's up on the site?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2002 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinngreenGT... maybe we should start another post in the mall referencing this one once it's up on the site?

Definitely... but yes, let's wait until they actually have the pre-orders available on the site.

Fiero_Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2002 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero_FreakDirect Link to This Post
OK... Here's the breakdown. These prices are max and may come down a little bit, but if they do it will be negligible so don't ask me how much.

85 MPH w/o Aux Gauges $119
85 MPH w/ Aux Gauges $129
120 MPH w/ Aux Gauges $129

Just for the GP this will also include your choice of the 2-color w/ dimmer switch or the 6-color w/ dimmer switch. The 2-color is blue and green and the 6-color is shades of blue to green. After the GP the 6-color will cost $30 extra.

You can also get whatever graphics they have shown on thier website and whatever color combo you wish. We also have a one time opportunity to have them create a custom graphic for us. A logo or whatever. I would still want the pegasus as stated before, but we need to decide soon. Any individual custom graphics will cost $35 to create.

Does anyone have a good jpg of the pegasus logo that they could e-mail me? Thanks

------------------
87 Coupe Blue 5-speed
87 Coupe White Auto

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2002 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
the pegasus would be cool. i don't think i would do it on mine but it would still be cool to have the option.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock