EL Guages by cancerkazoo
Started on: 08-03-2002 11:28 AM
Replies: 143
Last post by: Imperlioni on 10-06-2002 04:36 AM
cancerkazoo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Check out this site. They say they only need a 20 order min. to make guages for any http://www.speedhut.com/
Just go to the page and click on " Where's my Car?" at the top of the page
edit:
I was reading on a differant car forum that the min. order used to be 30, and that with a 20 peice pre-order the prices would be $44 higher. Maybe we could get a "groupbuy" type of deal if we order 50 or something?

[This message has been edited by cancerkazoo (edited 08-03-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested if we can get another 18 people. It would save FieroMaster some time and effort, too.

------------------
Josh

Under Construction

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I'm game for a set! I checked out the site. We would have to decide on what color and etc. My bets on the reverse jet black with neon orange font.

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I guess i didn't look at it all too closely. Did you say we all needed to pick the same color combo? It looked like we could all pick our own combination but, like i said, I did't read very close.
afRaceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for afRaceRSend a Private Message to afRaceRDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested, but my 85mph speedometer doesn't think it'll be able to get involved. I guess I need to finally upgrade my speedometer.

If we could get different designs that would be really cool too.

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure it is 20 of 1 design. Whats the point of having a minimum qty then?
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

I think we can find 15/20 people to buy the above set-up. Don't forget you can change 6 colors.

Whata guys think?

--------------

Model Development Program. If you're committed to making your car a reality and feel you can get others (15-20) committed check out our new Model Development Program.

[This message has been edited by Haze_Performance (edited 08-03-2002).]

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Haze_Performance

7452 posts
Member since Mar 2000
If we can get the 15/20 to commit. We should all have the same description of our gauges. If a bunch of people email them and say stuff like "Can you make them for a '86 GT, '88 Formula or '87 SE".. It might confuse them. They might think they are all different styles. We should all say "1986/1988 GT" style.

Just a thought.

P.S. GREAT find cancerkazoo..

[This message has been edited by Haze_Performance (edited 08-03-2002).]

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
hmmm...If we all have to do the same color I don't know if I am game. I want some white gauge faces with blue EL. Kinda puts a damper on it for me.
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JMunilla87GT:
I want some white gauge faces with blue EL. Kinda puts a damper on it for me.

Thats what the above gauges are. White Face & you can have them Blue or Green at night.

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Haze, that an interesting form there...is that from the above company?

The price is near what I was going to produce the guages for, without the AUX cluster. My price was to be ~$180-200 for the complete set in your choice of everything. Heh, I was the first person to produce a complete set for the Fiero.

Don't mind the center guages(I wrecked the connection by accident.)

PFF
System Bot
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Quote from website.
"The following cars can be pre-ordered. Once we have 20 Pre-orders we will begin tooling the car. Tooling takes approx. 8-12 weeks so hang in there! Your Credit Card is NOT charged until after we reach the 20 pre-orders. All the same options available on the web site are available for these pre-order cars below.

EACH INDIVIDUAL WILL GET TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN UNIQUE CUSTOM OPTIONS- (COLORS, FONTS, STANDARD GRAPHICS, LOGOS, ETC. AT NO ADDITIONAL COST). Once the tooling is done (8-10 weeks) we will ship them out individually to each person. We will notify each person before manufacturing their gauges to confirm their order via email or telephone. "

So it looks as if we can all order what we want!!

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
Huh...do you guys realize, you may never get your guages from that company? Read this from them:

Total Price $129.95 +$8.00 shipping. We authorize the purchase price today. We DO NOT charge on your Credit Card until we reach the minimum Pre-order amount. If we never reach the minimum buy, your Credit Card is never charged.

So if I read right, if you don't get enough people to order them, you'll never get them.

If you new guys haven't seen this: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/015796.html

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe Torma:
Haze, that an interesting form there...is that from the above company?

The price is near what I was going to produce the guages for, without the AUX cluster. My price was to be ~$180-200 for the complete set in your choice of everything. Heh, I was the first person to produce a complete set for the Fiero.

Don't mind the center guages(I wrecked the connection by accident.)

Yep.. I got it off their site. If ya think about it.. They will probably sell our kits for more than $137.00 because of the Aux. gauges.

Originally posted by cancerkazoo:
So it looks as if we can all order what we want!!

COOL......If I was able to get what ever I want.. I think I would go with Silver with dark Silver Flames.

So... can we get 15 to 20 people?

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I'm definately in, I already e-mailed them!
afRaceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for afRaceRSend a Private Message to afRaceRDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure there are at least 20 people out of the 5k+ on this board that would want these gauges. I think they look great and you finally have the option of changing the dated gauges with more update and better looking gauges.

And if they don't produce them, what are we out exactly, oh right nothing. Ok, sounds like a good deal to me, I'm in. 8-10 weeks also gives me enough time to place my order now and hold on to my money for awhile in case something else comes up I need.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
What the hell Haze

You can get a set of white gages with indiglo glow of blue or green for much less. How is $40 for you. This one guy on Ebay sells them all the time.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848567391

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
What the hell Haze

You can get a set of white gages with indiglo glow of blue or green for much less. How is $40 for you. This one guy on Ebay sells them all the time.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848567391

Note: The guy on ebay doesn't sell you the Aux. gauges. Plus we can get some custom graphics done from this place above.

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Haze_Performance

7452 posts
Member since Mar 2000
Also.. The quailty of the ones on ebay don't look to be top notch. (I'm not sure about the Fiero ones they sell) It might just be a poor camara shot??

Check out their pic:

But the ones at: http://www.speedhut.com/Custom_page.htm

Look to be very nice.. Ya get what ya pay for.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
You are right Haze. Speedhut's products are nice. I'm with Speedhut.

I read a couple of people that got the ones on Ebay and have been happy with them, but it is limited on color and design. When this thread started and I saw Speedhut I was like "YEAH!"

When do we start with the 20 minimum??

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Im in, I'll take atleast one set. Maybe 2 if I keep the 88.
Just tell me what to do.

Steven

------------------
88 Fiero coupe 2.5 5 speed
87 Fiero GT 14.9/ 89mph
87 Fiero SE v6
84 Fiero 2M4 T-top, Turbocharged and tons of extras!
87 Conquest TSi 406 SBC V8!

PFF
System Bot
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
You are right Haze.

When do we start with the 20 minimum??

I've gotta savor the moment. It's not often that I'm right. Just ask my Wife..

BTW.. I'm in for a set too.

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I was messin around with some of the other car models (hey not that kind of messin around) and all the sets you buy after the 1st are cheaper because you dont need the inverter/controls (example: $129 everything- $79 dials only) so it would be cheaper if you want a diferent or custom (they take photoshop files ect.. $32 ? more)one later
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for a set!

The only problem is which gauge style is everyone gonna want? (120mph speedo, 85mph speedo, GT style, etc..)

Personally, I'd want the full GT style gauge set. Never really like how the coupe gauges looked...

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
More pics of the coupe
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
how much exactly will a "set-up" (if thats what u could call it) be? i would probly be game for it. also, will they include the aux gauges? let me know, thanx TMF
*12 fieros and counting*

------------------
87 GT 5spd -ttoped - IRM rockers - 1/4 window scoops - corvette taillights - 5 inch wing lift - 95 TA seat
Installing - 4.9 V8 caddy - Aus sub box on its way
coming soon -chinspoiler -dragon hood scoop - (1) JL 10W3's - Mr. Mikes leather seats - TV w/ Xbox (already got the Xbox)- neon lights (green)

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure yet what all will be included. I e-mailed the company on Friday night, so i hope to get a reply this week. I told him about the Aux guages and also said that some people may be interested in a matching HVAC control panel also
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Ill definetly email them... If were talking reverse indeglo? Are we? Cause i dont like standard indeglo at all... to much light.
Ill pay that much... the only reason i was gonna make em is cause i couldnt find any Fiero revers indeglo ones... So lemme know when i gotta get some money together!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better"

~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
Co-Founder Of ~ NEO Fiero Club (North East Ohio)
AOL IM: BoostedLoser
1985 GT ~ Purple, Fastback, Black and Yellow Interior, 4G63 Turbo DSM swap has BEGUN!!
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX ~ Maroon w/ Hella Balls!(GSX = AWD, Turbo) DOA on 12/10/2000
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS ~ daily driven

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
You can get indiglo("Dial Face Glows") or reverse("Font Glows"<-Thier terms)And you can call them and set up a totally custom faces for $25-$99 more, they say "ANYTHING you can dream up, we can produce" they even have 1/2 reverse 1/2 indiglo
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Then im IN-er than IN!!!
grgoyl86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grgoyl86Send a Private Message to grgoyl86Direct Link to This Post
I'd like a set of reverse indiglo gauges. Can it be done with red letters?

About the ones on eBay, I have a set that I am installing, until I find something I liek better. I did a test with them and took some pictures. Check them out at http://www.onparadiseroad.com/gauges.htm

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I just emailed them.
PFF
System Bot
BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
I'd love a set

------------------

Mike

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
I think we should request GT gauges with the HVAC. That way anyone with the 120mph gauges will be set. The cool thing is they can do it in any color whether reverse or standard indiglo. Do I need to email them now or should we all wait and email them at once? I know that MinnGreen had the digital layouts for the aux and HVAC.
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! They can do the reverse kind. I don't really like gauges where the whole face lights up. I like just seeing the numbers light up. Mmmm...I'm thinking blue

------------------
-Adam
sqoach@yahoo.com

86 SE V6 - daily driver

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JMunilla87GT:
I think we should request GT gauges with the HVAC. That way anyone with the 120mph gauges will be set. The cool thing is they can do it in any color whether reverse or standard indiglo. Do I need to email them now or should we all wait and email them at once? I know that MinnGreen had the digital layouts for the aux and HVAC.

Email them and see if they're interested in the files. I'll provide them in Adobe Illustrator EPS format if they can use them (and if it will speed up the process!)

I still want my custom guages from Joe (the ones in his picture) But I'll certainly buy another set for my 88 coupe if they're available.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I just recived this:
Hi,

Once we receive 20 Pre Orders we can produce INDIVIDUAL Custom Orders from each Pre Order Customer. They will all be DIFFERENT *Customized to each person's individual taste.

Unfortunately, we will not be producing the HVAC controls at this time.

Thanks,
Customer Service

So I sent them this:

When will these guages be available for pre-order? A lot of people are
interested in the HVAC panel, maybe you could offer it as an add-on after
you produce the guage set. Or, would it be possable for us to start a
pre-order list for the HVAC panel as soon as the 1st batch of guages are
sent out? Would that just plug in to the controller with the rest of the
guages? Also there are a few people can provide scans of them in Adobe
Illustrator EPS format for you to speed up the process.

I didn't see our car listed yet, but it sounds like it should be soon.

P.S. Maybe we should all e-mail them to show the interest in the HVAC panel?

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
It sounds good. I'll e-mail them about it.

Let's get it started.

------------------
It's either cars or the bars and I choose cars!

FREHLEY1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FREHLEY1Send a Private Message to FREHLEY1Direct Link to This Post
I'm In....What Else Do We Need To Do To Get This Going???
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
It may help to offer them the layout ahead of time... let them know that I've already put in the time to produce the HVAC control... all they'd have to do is print, mount & wire the EL! Keep us posted!
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
sales@speedhut.com
Any e-mail or images, i suppose, can be sent here.
Also you can let him know we want the HVAC panel.

I still don't see a pre-order for our car yet

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock