After what you did to the starter on the Tyler build? Yeah right. :P
edit for page pwn.
Lol all i did was take this one out.. GRRR and i dident break the one on tylers car. me and DIY stu fixed it just think about it though.. Your formula will have the greatness of having a part off an IMSA in it
[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 08-11-2010).]
I washed and waxed the car http://www.drivelinesinc.com/high-gloss.htm trying out this wax and Speed Demon wax detailer from www.surfcitygarage.com. Surf City Garage was a sponsor on the 2010 Power Tour. I got several freebe samples from them, so I'm trying them out. It was almost cool enough to work outside, but I still was sweat soaked afterward.
I beat off the tie rod and ball joint that got bent into a custom fit from when the previous owner while driving had the control arm fall off.... and loosened all the cradle bolts so when the day comes they are ready to come out.... Now to build something so the motor floats in place, thinking a 6x6 board and a steel pipe.
redid my wheels on the gold car i'm going to get me some center cap decals like how it came from the factory except in gold since I painted the caps black, also put those Fiero mudflaps that my mom got me like two years ago on.
Tonight I was going to go for a nice drive but a few blocks from my house the battery light came on. I drove it home and put a volt meter on it with the car running. 10.8 Volts. ****! It looks like I will be putting a new alternator on it soon. As if enough of my stuff hasn't had issues lately.
I pulled a late nighter and replaced my alternator. Whoever installed it last time must have done it with the engine out of the car. The main alternator bolt hit the side of the engine bay and would not come out. I had to remove the bracket to get clearance. I also had to remove the dog bone and heat shield at the back of the engine bay so that I could slide it across the back to get the alternator out. There wasn't enough room for me to get it out on the pulley side of the engine.
Everything has been reinstalled and tested. I am back on the road.
[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 08-19-2010).]
Didn't do anything to the GT today BUT I spent the last couple of days playing "Bondoman" with rust on one of the Benzes. Minor stuff but just looking at it was bugging the heck out of me! Primed and ready for paint in the morning!
Replaced both inner and outer dew wipes on both doors today with the NOS strips I purchased from 007Doug several months ago. Also used Mr. Clean magic erasers on the interior door handles and skins; they both look better than they ever have in years! I'm wasn't in the best mood for this picture because it was hot as hell outside & I ripped my right hand putting it through a hole in the door frame trying to recover a lost screw -- I even found a business card in there!
I started pulling off the top of my engine so I can drop it and rebuild. Pulled off vavle covers, Heads, intake, all kinds of stuff Think I in over my head lol. Do they sell a good rebuild kit.Thanks Theo
That is next on my list also. I pulled then engine so i could install new exhaust manifold gaskets, some had already broken three of the bolt grrr. after working with an easy out for about an hour i finally just drilled them all the way out and retapped to head to all of 10 min. Should have done that to start with. Installed my new ac compressor. Also ported to exhaust manifolds (it really does make a difference in how it runs), installed the rear set of intrax lowering springs that i got from shawnhalolush. Put the motor back in got everything in its place and drove it home. Next i will be installing my front springs, rebuild the hardware on my sunroof and a new exhaust system on monday.