Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What Did You Do To Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 64)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 172 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What Did You Do To Your Fiero...TODAY ? by cliffw
Started on: 08-27-2007 12:27 PM
Replies: 6849 (215824 views)
Last post by: IzMrPickel on 03-14-2024 06:17 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a set of 19 lb/hr injectors, and replaced a broken fuel pressure regulator. With the old injectors, I had to crank up the fuel pressure to get enough fuel, which blew out the diaphragm in the regulator.

IP: Logged
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worked on the Fiero yesterday and with Rob's Fiero's help figured out what was wrong with the parking brake. Also ordered a bunch of goodies from our own FieroThomas of Fieronews.... Cannot wait to get the goodies here and install them in the car..... Also ordered my wheels... 18x8 Chrome Stern ST1's 38mm backspace, 5x100 bolt pattern....got some new Nexxen tires for it too..... Gotta order some paint and try my hand at shooting my wing and other parts and see how I do..... peace

Pete
Logan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroDev:

Lookin good! i was wonderin what kind of paint did you use on the vinyl? ive been looking around and cant seem to find any answers

Went over the vinyl with fiberglass hardener let it dry for about a day then sanded well Then used shaker can primer wet sanded really good! then sprayed with shaker can gloss black.. and am currently applying clear coat.. ill have a another update by the end of my night.. Thanks hope this helps..
Logan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Logan

263 posts
Member since Jun 2009
I also Think the fierostore.com sells some kind of vinyl paint you can check there..

heres a link... not very many choices though..
http://fierostore.com/Produ...rowse.aspx?d=206&p=1
FieroDev

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Logan:

Went over the vinyl with fiberglass hardener let it dry for about a day then sanded well Then used shaker can primer wet sanded really good! then sprayed with shaker can gloss black.. and am currently applying clear coat.. ill have a another update by the end of my night.. Thanks hope this helps..

This totaly helps, thanks alot!

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put on a new clutch slave cylinder, did a complete clutch hydraulic system flush. Still need a clutch master cylinder, and new transmission mounts....
Logan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroDev:

This totaly helps, thanks alot!

Yep No problem ! here's what i did tonight finally got new clear coat on here almost finished product..

Just need to Add my leather..

But This is what is taking all of my time today my T.V. broke it ended up blowing three capacitor's.. T.V.'s all they do is waste priceless time for everyone! grr but anyway..
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its all in the details. Color matched my Fiero door screw covers to my interior.
Logan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Its all in the details. Color matched my Fiero door screw covers to my interior.

Where you buy these at?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Logan:

Where you buy these at?

I didn't....I painted them to match my interior.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't....I painted them to match my interior.

They look good. How did you do it?
Larry

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

They look good. How did you do it?
Larry

Take the pieces and wetsand them first to remove any garbage that may have accumulated over the years. Spray the entire piece with paint and flood the whole thing. Runs don't matter on these pieces. Spray paint will fill in all of the gaps when wet but when dry, the paint shrinks to a thinner film. Once dry, wetsand over the entire piece again. The sand paper will remove all of the paint from the surface but will is too thick to go into the indentations of the "Fiero" or the Pegasus which is why they stay red. Once all of the red is removed from the surface, just clearcoat over the pieces. The clearcoat fills in any imperfections or sanding marks and looks like fresh black and red paint when dry.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Take the pieces and wetsand them first to remove any garbage that may have accumulated over the years. Spray the entire piece with paint and flood the whole thing. Runs don't matter on these pieces. Spray paint will fill in all of the gaps when wet but when dry, the paint shrinks to a thinner film. Once dry, wetsand over the entire piece again. The sand paper will remove all of the paint from the surface but will is too thick to go into the indentations of the "Fiero" or the Pegasus which is why they stay red. Once all of the red is removed from the surface, just clearcoat over the pieces. The clearcoat fills in any imperfections or sanding marks and looks like fresh black and red paint when dry.

Cool. Thanks. I will try it.
Larry

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 02-23-2010).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replaced the sunroof hardware (tabs, bolts, washers) with the FS kit. The washers and two of the bolts don't fit too well (or at all) but the rattling I had is gone. But maybe that was because I also disassembled the latch mechanism and put it together tightly.
Irvin Green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Irvin GreenSend a Private Message to Irvin GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have to many vehicle thinking sould I sale the fiero or the 3000 gt vr4. I wish I had the money to turbo or v8 the fiero.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a gear-reduction starter on my 3.4 V6.

LINK
Logan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Starting on mine now ill post pic of my final product thank for the information great help +
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
worked for a bit taking out old seats and grrr stupid thing the nuts are rotted on the drivers side how the heck do i get them out of their without killin the stud???? also ran into a prob w the vynal on the center council its all peeling away from its plastic underframe how do i fix that stuff???
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut the nut with a dremel and a rotary file , beware not ruining the threads , a little will be no concern but do not exagerate .
redwingshat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked my fluids and went for a long drive
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
worked for a bit taking out old seats and grrr stupid thing the nuts are rotted on the drivers side how the heck do i get them out of their without killin the stud???? also ran into a prob w the vynal on the center council its all peeling away from its plastic underframe how do i fix that stuff???

Rusted, or rounded off? If just rusted, LOTS of PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench should loosen them up enough to get off. If rounded, you'll have to cut very carefully.
PFF
System Bot
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I added air to my rear driver side tire (it has a slow leak)....wipe her down then went back in to finish my project. Just sharing....

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today went to the bone yard scored a set of dot matrix parts then finished recovering my headliner and started to figure out how th strech the new vynal over center council grrrr help!!!
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the XTC in the garage to start the 4.9 swap!

Dspoeth

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DspoethSend a Private Message to DspoethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dropped the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump in. Started it for the first time today man do i love the sound of the v6. just waiting for my trans and clutch now and ill be driving cant wait.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got my new Master and Slave cylinder installed and bled, went pretty well really. Also pulled the distrubutor and replaced the o-ring seal so hopefully no more oil leaking. Then I went down and bought some items for a tune up. Gonna install the parts tomorrow and see if I can get the dreaded front spark plugs replaced and after that I am gonna take it down to the local carwash and try to degrease the motor. Years of oil leaking from the previous owners has mad the tranny and lower engine pretty ugly... Hope I can get it clean tomorrow. Man do I like this car, love the way it sounds, love the way it drives, love the way it looks, cannot wait to get it painted.... peace

Pete
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled the dash and swapped in the "new" harnesses for power locks, windows, and mirrors. Bought a 3800 SC series II....will be picking it up monday or tuesday. Also found a few of the harness connectors my car was missing. Earlier in the week I finished the "reconditioning" of my center console skeleton. Then installed my double din Pioneer head unit into the skelleton; this was a monsterous pain in the @ss, but looks really cool now. All thats left now is to modify the bezel.

Next comes soundproofing the interior before I can start to reassemble everything. I hate trying to do this in a daily driver, especially in the winter with no garage to work in!
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today the duke got a new alternator and the old stock exhaust removed. now awaiting a stock replacement exhaust from the fiero store.

------------------

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checked oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. Never drops below 54 psi at idle when warm. With that knowledge I reset the needle of the oil pressure gauge in the instrument cluster.

Also installed Mike Freed's replacement decklid weatherstrip/water diverter. Not as easy to install as advertised but it worked out in the end...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-05-2010).]

ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gassed up, ran it through the touchless wash, then dropped it off at the transmission shop; rebuild time. Won't see it again until next Thursday.

------------------

| Jon | Member: NIFE, Mis-Shifts | Facebook | Fiero Blog |
| Photography | Great America Zone | Dixie Square Mall

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 03-06-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2010 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered an LS2 valley cover for my LS4 swap w/LS2 intake, new gas pedal (since I've been driving it with only the metal bar there), Solstice ebony turn signal stalk (since the one I got previously from a Chevy is grey), C6 Vette exhaust tips, relays to control the tilt/tele motors in the Caddy steering column, and a connector to hook the Cobalt steering wheel into the Caddy clock spring (since the Cobalt clock spring and stalk housing are *completely freakin different* from the Caddy ones).

Now to find some translucent, semi-flexible plastic (preferrably bio-plastic) in red, to change the colors of the buttons on the steering wheel...

And I still need to get an LS4, and LS2/3 harness ECM and throttle body, and perhaps another 87 cradle, so I can keep my car together until the engine's totally ready to go in.
PFF
System Bot
NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
went to Asheboro and me and John put my cradle into the GT one step closer to bringing it home . I worked on the red sport coupe too
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today I did the same thing I do every day, I ignored it. :-)
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very productive day for the Fiero today.

Replaced both corroded license plate light sockets
Installed my Rodney Dickman Cradle Vanity Brace (I've had it in a box for over a year!)
Detailed her to the hilt - 2 coats of Mother's, Polished the tail pipes, and polished the wheels
Changed the oil (5 quarts of Royal Purple and a Wix oil filter)

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 03-06-2010).]

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2nd drive of the year today!
Logan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Checked oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. Never drops below 54 psi at idle when warm. With that knowledge I reset the needle of the oil pressure gauge in the instrument cluster.

Also installed Mike Freed's replacement decklid weatherstrip/water diverter. Not as easy to install as advertised but it worked out in the end...

where Can i buy this?
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mended a broken throttle cable with a copper pipe....will post pictures tomorow
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i painted in the "pontiac" on the rear bumper red and wet-sanded and clear coated my roof... and sorta installed my decklid scoop
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Swapped it around in the driveway with the Eldo for next weeks work commute.... to find that its leaking something... again..

Oh, and put more spare body parts away up in the attic.

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 03-07-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Painted the rally gauge, radio, and shifter surrounds today, to match the gauge surround I painted a couple weeks ago...

And of course drove it. Heard some nice compliments on it yesterday. The guy at Casey Chevrolet was ready for me to sell it to him I think... I was just checking to see if the Grand Prix they had was a GXP, then had a 10 minute conversation about my car. And overheard a couple guys when I stopped at the gas station.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 172 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock