I spent most of the day looking at the bottom of mine while I finished the battery relocation project. Battery is on the charger now. All that's left is to test it out and then remove the old battery tray.
Over the past few days...got a historic/vintage license plate for it. In Nebraska, if you run a vintage plate...a plate from the year your car was built...you only have to run a rear plate. Yay...no more front plate for me...and no more having to renew the plates, or pay any taxes! Went out to the storage unit and put the plate on, and pulled the battery and brought it home to charge it up. It's been sitting for more than a year with the positive cable unhooked, and it still had just enough power in it to turn the engine over about 6 times before the starter began to click. Replaced the sticky traps that I keep in the storage unit for mice...I've had some in there for several years, but never had a mouse until now. There were 4 mice stuck to three traps. Put the new traps down, and ordered a battery powered sonic rodent repeller to put in there, as I have no power in the storage unit. Took the battery off the charger, and took it over to the parts store to have them test it to make sure it was still good. If the weather was going to be good tomorrow, I'd take the battery out and put it in the car, check the tire pressures and air them up as needed and take it for a drive...but it's supposed to snow here tomorrow, so the drive is going to have to wait at least a few days. I have been neglecting the car for the past couple of years...my intent is to get it out and drive it more often.
[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 01-24-2017).]
tried to drive my 87gt to the front end shop to get some brake work and suspension work done. lt rear caliper is locked up so it ended up going on tow truck. on the hunt for interior parts cuz i lost my year long battle with trying to keep it dry while stuck outside. leaks tranny fluid, burns oil, got rained in a few times cuz the wind kept blowing my tarp off while sitting for me to get the money to work on it and it still started up and drove. i swear i don't think this car will ever die.
Removed it from a three inch pipe which popped up through may garage floor and impaled the show car when some people were adding additional foundation supports at my house. Not the best of days for me!
It just keeps on getting more expensive for this accident. Now I need to have a 22' x 18' x 5" section of concrete demolished in my basement and repoured with dowels and wire. Quite a lot of mess and noise associated with that process as well as time. Initial update for the car repair indicates around $15 K to repair and repaint the car over a three month period. This car will certainly not be at Daytona this year!
[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 02-14-2017).]
I cleaned on it a little, filled up the tires and drove it around the neighborhood. It rattled as I had loosened a couple of interior parts. But ran good and is ready for new brakes and EGR valve/tube.
85 2m6 (85-91) Black 85 2m6 (CLONE) (00-14) Black My cars now: 87 Fiero GT (13-now) Back in Black 07 Nissan Murano SL AWD (07-now) 15 Nissan Juke S AWD (15-now)
That last one is NOT my picture, but it is exactly what I put in. So far I am really happy with both items. Also fixed a few little odds and ends here and there, and also...DROVE IT! Unfortunately driving it is news worthy these days.