At the bottom of your pic, are they advertising for Jasper engines? Conflict of interest perhaps if they sell and install those and that's their recommended fix...
Wouldn't matter, they told me flat-out they have no interest in working on it any further. I've been dealing with a random miss for years, between myself and a couple of shops: we've been trying to diagnose and throw parts at it with no luck. Have played with fuel, spark, and timing and it still idles like crap and loses power above 2500 rpm. These guys were opinion number three... throwing my hands up and starting fresh, now, I'll find someone to rebuild it.
Originally posted by Patrick:
What's meant by "Pressure all over"?
Backpressure test, said gauge was all over the place.
@jonrev2 Had what sounds like the same problem years ago on a S10 four cylinder....After months of throwing parts and "mechanics" at it, I opened the valve cover and saw that the #3 pushrod was not on the rocker...go figure...might be worth a look!
Finally got her back on the road after replacing all the solid brake lines with a TFS stain less steel set. While I was at it I did the S-10 Booster. Oh and I replaced the rubber brake lines with braided stainless steel too.
Finished installing my Monsoon CD Player from Fiero Tom!! Would have had it all done yesterday, but I had to JB weld two of the radio mounting screw holes in my skeleton that were mostly not there any more.
I did this yesterday.....I swapped out the spark plugs and wires on my two Formulas. I could never get the idle on one down below 1500RPM's....couldn't figure out why. After the new plugs and wires she purrs at 900RPM's. The old plugs were Bosch platinum +2 & +4 (those things with multiple electrodes). They were pretty fouled up and I the terminals were all loose, so I don't think they were getting good contact with the wires. Anyway....both seem to run very well now.
Both still need some more love before they're roadworthy, but mechanically they're good to go. Couldn't be happier.
Went to a Pontiac "Meet and Greet". Tons of old Pontiac muscle though only mine an one other Fiero there, a stock 88 five speed. The lady drove it 200 miles to be there and was going to participate in the Route 66 cruise, but lost 1st, 3rd, and 5th as we were getting ready to leave. Hoped it was the linkage but after wrenching on it for a bit, determined it was interal. Hopefully she was able to limp it home using 2nd and 4th, which still operated fine.
I spent the day changing the oil in 4 of my cars...including both of my new Formulas. I discovered a missing rear cradle bolt on one of them....luckily I have extras, so this will be fixed soon. After changing the oil on the other one I let it idle for a few minutes and the bearings on the alternator seized up! One step forward, two steps back.
Ever since Fieromaniac did This back in 2008, I've wanted to copy it.
That looks great!
Today I replaced The timing belt and tensioner on my 88 Fiero. The old tensioner was seized and I found the intake camshaft was off one tooth. I got it all back together set the ignition timing and it runs much much much better now. Idle is smoother too. Also changed the oil. I gave it a bath and installed a steering wheel center pad I've had laying around.
I spent a few hours today trying to bring some life back to the wheels of my 79K mile Formula. The car sat for the past 7-8 years and I don't think the wheels were ever cleaned....they were pretty crusty. They aren't perfect, but look MUCH better than they did. I only did the fronts.....I'll do the rears tomorrow.
First picture is the before, the second is after a good cleaning and the last one is after a little polishing.
today I repaired the wire i broke on the stereo when i replaced and repaired my console skelton, changed the oil and air filter, fixed a coolant leak, and started troubleshooting a clunk in the front end. Tomorrow am i will hopfull nail down the fron end noise, and start trying to fix the problems with the temp and oil gauges.
I tinkered with several of my cars today and decided to replace the missing rear cradle bolt on one of my Formulas. I have no idea why it was removed, but I do know why it was never re-installed. The threads to the captured nut are messed up. Lucky me! I'm going to try to clean up the threads, but I may have to replace the nut.