Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What Did You Do To Your Fiero...TODAY ? (Page 158)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 172 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What Did You Do To Your Fiero...TODAY ? by cliffw
Started on: 08-27-2007 12:27 PM
Replies: 6849 (215824 views)
Last post by: IzMrPickel on 03-14-2024 06:17 PM
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went back to the junkyard, got that tach filter that I couldn't get before due to not having a deep enough socket. Got it off a '85 GT. Got home to test fit on my '87 GT and the connections are different, are they different through the years? Also pulled that bracket to clean and paint. Wanted to grab another tach filter off the '86 GT next to it but the dag-gone yellow jackets had other ideas.

Just realized that after 16 years, this page is mine!

[This message has been edited by turbo86se (edited 06-18-2015).]

IP: Logged
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got her ready to go to the alignment shop tomorrow. She has all new RD front ball joints and bushings. The UCA, LCA, and springs were powder coated. The wheel wells were cleaned and painted. The anti-sway bar was cleaned, painted and re-installed with new bushings and RD end links. Tomorrow I will find out if it was worth it.

------------------

NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took it on its first actual voyage today for the first time in probably 2 years and its done good so far hopefully it'll stay together this time. I also ordered the RD idler pulley and fan switch
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished putting the front end together with all new RD parts. New upper and 1" lowering ball joint, new inner/outer tie rods, zero-lash end links and poly upper/lower control arm bushings. It'll head to an alignment shop soon after a few bits are sorted out in the rear.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drove it until I got the check engine light, pulled some codes, cleaned the garage.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

Not today but Wednesday I took it to the track to blow off the cob webs.

What engine is in that thing for the front to come up like that? Nice pics.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled her out, finished installing the remote battery terminals so I do not have to remove the spare to jump or charge the battery (Battery relocated to front under spare tire), then rinsed her off, and took her for a long drive. Felt great to drive her again.

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Washed it, cleaned up the wheels with a pressure washer, dressed the tires, and put the cover on it for the first time. First show since all the work was done tomorrow. Stoked to be showing the Fiero, the Sky, and the Sprite, along with my father-in-law's Sprite. Father, daughter, and grand daughter all showing cars
Rexgirl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed new rear brake rotors, and lubricated all eight (F&R) caliper guide pins .
I also changed the fluid in my Getrag from 10/30 wt engine oil to GM Syncromesh. Very nice improvement; smooth shifts and easier to 'feel' where the gates are now.
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First show since we got the paint and other work done. "Fenders on Front Street" in Issaquah, WA. My father in law pulled his Mk 1 Sprite up from Tucson, so we had four cars and three generations at the show.

We had two cars representing Jet City Fieros today. They were the only two Fieros at the show. And my Sky was the only of its kind, and the two Sprites were the sole representatives of the Austin Healey marque. We had lots of people interested in all three.

Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

First show since we got the paint and other work done. "Fenders on Front Street" in Issaquah, WA. My father in law pulled his Mk 1 Sprite up from Tucson, so we had four cars and three generations at the show.

We had two cars representing Jet City Fieros today. They were the only two Fieros at the show. And my Sky was the only of its kind, and the two Sprites were the sole representatives of the Austin Healey marque. We had lots of people interested in all three.

That is so cool Lorren!
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Installed a proper fitting air cleaner. The K&N the P.O. installed was cobbled up and finally fell off! After two years of trying to keep the cobbled air cleaner from coming off, it fell off! So I did some research and bought a new one. Now I have one that actually fits and almost matches the blue blower painted by P.O. Also installed reman right rear caliper and bleed the brakes. The brakes feel better now.

1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put a new battery on after getting her back from the alignment shop. She drives like a new car. They bent my drivers side vent support and the strut top nut looks little funny (too high) but she drives well. Also washed her and rubbed the fenders.

------------------

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took her out for a 1/2 hour run just to let her have a little fun after sitting for a couple months, she did perfect!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally got around to removing my rocker panels to paint them silver. IMO, it helps to "lower" the look of the Formula. A buddy and I then sort of touched up the worst areas of the paint, and also applied the custom decals I got through eBay. All set for autocross this weekend!

And now that it's back together, I've decided the black along the bottom of the rear end needs to be painted silver to match the rocker panels. And I've got Corvette exhaust tips to install. It never ends!
1MohrFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
I finally got around to removing my rocker panels to paint them silver. IMO, it helps to "lower" the look of the Formula. A buddy and I then sort of touched up the worst areas of the paint, and also applied the custom decals I got through eBay. All set for autocross this weekend!

It looks good and I really like those wheels. What size tires are you running? Good luck at the autocross.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 1MohrFiero (edited 06-25-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

What size tires are you running?

They're 225/50/16 all around. (This allows me to rotate the tires any which way between autocross events.) I originally bought these tires and wheels to use for autocross when I was driving my '84. I was a little concerned with the '88 Formula that I'd have clearance issues in the front (because of the wider track on the front of all 88's due to the different hubs). However, I was pleased and very relieved to discover that the front tires (no matter which way they're turned) clear the inside of the front fenders by about a quarter inch, even on full compression of the suspension.

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

It looks good and I really like those wheels. Good luck at the autocross.

Thanks x2.

From three years ago, my '84 (and those same wheels) in action...

I very recently bought a set of 16x7 alloy wheels with an offset of 38mm to mount my 225/50/16 "race" tires for track use.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-25-2015).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And now that it's back together, I've decided the black along the bottom of the rear end needs to be painted silver to match the rocker panels. And I've got Corvette exhaust tips to install. It never ends!

Pat, that's sweet azz Formula!! Love it! Like the mods as well.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Pat, that's sweet azz Formula!! Love it! Like the mods as well.

Thanks Jason. It's a work in progress. The poor car had been sitting in a forest under a tree on Whidbey Island in WA for several years and was looking rather sad when I got it. I focused on getting it roadworthy (as a daily driver and for autocross) for the first year or so, and now I'm trying to make it pretty.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-26-2015).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed my drivers side head light Assembly out and took it apart to find a bent plastic gear. Bent it back the best I could but it looks like it's time to replace more parts. It works for now but is getting tough to work on a car in 90 degree heat and high humidity. I wish my hands where smaller.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The spoiler... It looks like a Dodge Shadow spoiler, only longer, front to back.
Is it from a Lumina? Or something else?

Looking good!
PFF
System Bot
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2015 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Programmed all three buttons in the Gentex Homelink mirror to open each of our three garage doors. Had to get Homelink Bridge devices for the two new openers: The musical chairs game of frequencies and rolling code schemes for openers is a PITA.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:
Programmed all three buttons in the Gentex Homelink mirror to open each of our three garage doors. Had to get Homelink Bridge devices for the two new openers: The musical chairs game of frequencies and rolling code schemes for openers is a PITA. .

Bridge devices? I'm not familiar with those.
I've installed Homelink in several cars, and it came in several of our other cars. All I ever needed was a remote that worked each door. Used that to program the Homelink devices. (We've got two doors and six cars.)
Care to share?

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-28-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The spoiler... It looks like a Dodge Shadow spoiler, only longer, front to back.
Is it from a Lumina? Or something else?

Looking good!

Raydar, thanks. Yes, it's from a '92 Chevy Lumina. Have you forgotten that we've discussed this spoiler before HERE. That's the thread where Jason's first response to the Lumina spoiler was... "yuck".
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Bridge devices? I'm not familiar with those.
I've installed Homelink in several cars, and it came in several of our other cars. All I ever needed was a remote that worked each door. Used that to program the Homelink devices. (We've got two doors and six cars.)
Care to share?

Apparently the newer openers (ours are from 2014 and 2015) use rolling codes and different frequencies that the older openers (our third is from 1998). All three of our are Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Sears. But handheld remotes for the new openers don't work with the older one and the handheld remote for the older one won't work the new openers. And the Homelink system in my 2005 4Runner and on the Gentex mirror I put in the Fiero don't work with the new openers, but work fine with the older one.

So I called Liftmaster and they had me buy two of these bridge/repeater kits:

http://www.liftmaster.com/C...manuals/114A4226.pdf

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oil Change, lubed the front end, rotated tires,Bled the brakes, and started to install sound deading/ heat sheild.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took it for a drive
GadgetMaker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GadgetMakerSend a Private Message to GadgetMakerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought it! And figured out I have a rod knocking bad. Oh, well, I'll get another motor in her ASAP.
Spiders1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my car dyno tuned. http://youtu.be/gi7nZFYnjhw

------------------
86 GT 3.8 SC/ 5 speed Getrag swap in progress

05 Mustang GT Supercharged tuned down from
560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo JDM engine swap
Upgrades in the works...turbos, injectors
and computer

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Little by little I'm getting stuff done.
The other day I swapped out the rear exhaust manifold for a Camaro unit, and tried to do the front. That is a PITA from the top. I ended up letting it go for the weekend.

Today I made a shift cable repair bracket just like the one Rodney sells. Cost to me was 0$ and an hour or so of time. Installed and adjusted shift cables.

Moved some crap around in the garage so I could back the car in and jack it up. I didn't trust jackstands on the soggy gravel/dirt mix. Backed the car in and installed the a/c bypass pulley, then pulled the front manifold off from underneath. I got the new one in place with a couple bolts before I had to pack it in for the day. Tomorrow I'll be back on it and maybe pick up some exhaust pipe to attempt some kind of quiet time exhaust.
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the Fiero up on two pairs of ramps, in preparation for dropping the gas tank. Creeping around underneath I noticed the small positive wire to the starter was cut. The big one was still hooked up, but this one was cut. Any idea why someone would do this? Or was it the same furry critter that cut my tach filter wire?

Both protective brackets were rusted to pieces on the coolant pipes, hope I can find a pair at a local yard.
PFF
System Bot
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took her out to Cars and Coffee and parked her next to the two other mid engined cars (from Italy)...
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I contemplated parting out my 86 GT. I know it's not a big deal, but yesterday the driver side upper door hinge pin fell out. I want I nice car that I don't have to work on all the time.

Edit, 7-12. Fixed the hinge pin with new parts from Autozone. Also spent about a hundy on exhaust stuff. It's all tacked in, just need to drop it one more time and finish weld it.

[This message has been edited by Tuna Helper (edited 07-12-2015).]

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally completed installing, testing and getting the kinks out of my 2002 BCM upgraded into my 86 GT. I'm a very happy camper with this upgrade.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

Finally completed installing, testing and getting the kinks out of my 2002 BCM upgraded into my 86 GT. I'm a very happy camper with this upgrade.

What all did you set the BCM up to control?
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Adjusted the rear brakes, seeing as the car came without a parking brake and it is automatic. WOW no more soft pedal!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-15-2015).]

lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I washed and detailed these two.

JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

What engine is in that thing for the front to come up like that? Nice pics.

Just a nicely modified 3800 gen V with a whole lotta traction.

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JCircs

961 posts
Member since Jan 2011

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 07-18-2015).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JCircs

961 posts
Member since Jan 2011
Not today but recently took her to the track,

And then back to the dyno
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 172 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock