Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49037 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nhesto:

i am out of town but i will be back in town on tuesday, my girl told me that she thinks that the bracket came but she is not sure cause there was a problem with the address or something and it was being returned to the sender but she went and picked it up. once i get back in town and verify that it is the bracket and not another part i will send the paypal payment. thanks!

WOW.....................never heard that one before

Still nothing at the end of Thursday
IP: Logged
Sleepy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SleepySend a Private Message to SleepyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got my kit. Great quality, quick shipping (I skipped the torture alternator bracket)

Thanks for providing this service to the Fiero community.
deathangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deathangelSend a Private Message to deathangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

THANKS

Mounts are still in stock. Still working on these dang Alt brackets.

Did you need a manual set or an auto set.

sure man...I need an auto set
also an alt bracket but I dont have a 6 in my car I have a four...so whatever else that's needed

[This message has been edited by deathangel (edited 08-18-2007).]

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would be the easiest brackets to get that will work with a 94 beretta getrag? When I got the transmission it did not have the brackets with it and these manual 5 speeds are a pain to find.
Thanks Steve
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JumpStart:

What would be the easiest brackets to get that will work with a 94 beretta getrag? When I got the transmission it did not have the brackets with it and these manual 5 speeds are a pain to find.
Thanks Steve

I'm thinkin that will need a little research. If the brackets are the same as the Fiero Getrag at the mounting points, then I would get the trans bracket from Rodney. Then you can use the poly mounts I have
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn,
I still havent got my alt bracket yet. Do you think i could get it out soon because im waiting on it still before we go any farther with the swap. Let me know, please. Daniel
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Shawn,
I still havent got my alt bracket yet. Do you think i could get it out soon because im waiting on it still before we go any farther with the swap. Let me know, please. Daniel

Yep.........guaranteed to ship today or tomorrow.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled one of the brackets off the Fiero 4 spd Muncie and it used the same bolt pattern but the spacing front to back is wider on the Beretta Getrag.
PFF
System Bot
fsrowsell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fsrowsellClick Here to visit fsrowsell's HomePageSend a Private Message to fsrowsellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does that mean mine will be on the way also!!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JumpStart:

I pulled one of the brackets off the Fiero 4 spd Muncie and it used the same bolt pattern but the spacing front to back is wider on the Beretta Getrag.

Sounds like a little modifying and it will work ?? or would Rodney's work better ??

Originally posted by fsrowsell:

Does that mean mine will be on the way also!!

Yours already got shipped yesterday............along with 4 other shipments
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey PR if you can get some manual conversion poly mounts out to me at 13408 before october you have a customer.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

hey PR if you can get some manual conversion poly mounts out to me at 13408 before october you have a customer.

Not a problem...................there is still some here.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok you have a PM
fsrowsell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fsrowsellClick Here to visit fsrowsell's HomePageSend a Private Message to fsrowsellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR, it's going on 2 month sence I ordered Mounts from you and it's been 16 days sence you said you posted then... Do you have a tracking number or something.... This is way too long....
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PR, it's going on 2 month sence I ordered Mounts from you and it's been 16 days sence you said you posted then... Do you have a tracking number or something.... This is way too long....

Sure.................tracking # is as follows CP278447065US

and it was shipped out the morning of Sept 4th marked as a gift item.

LMK if you have trouble.........................I havent been able to figure out why some things ship fast through Canada & some are really slow.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 09-20-2007).]

fsrowsell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fsrowsellClick Here to visit fsrowsell's HomePageSend a Private Message to fsrowsellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll be a little more patient.... I only have two more wire to figure out anf then I'm ready to mount to cradle....
Billybo455

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billybo455Send a Private Message to Billybo455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think i have something wrong. help!!!!

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh Oh ....................thats the wrong trans.

What year & model is it from ??
PFF
System Bot
Billybo455

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billybo455Send a Private Message to Billybo455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it's a 2k buick from what i was told.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the mounts were originated to fit 88 to 2003 440T4, 4T60, 4T60e, 4T60e HD, 4T65e, & 4T65e HD, transmission with the the 4 stud bosses on the rear. We have only run into an extremely small amount of transmissions with different boss patterns. Your only solution is to modify the mount or find a trans with the 4 boss pattern.

Unless by some miracle I can get one of those trannies and make a mount for it.

Does it at least sit level on the bosses ?
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, the one that would sit in the center hole of your mount sticks out about 1/2 an inch.
fsrowsell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fsrowsellClick Here to visit fsrowsell's HomePageSend a Private Message to fsrowsellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR, this is crazy.... I checked on the USPS site and this is what it said
Label/Receipt Number: CP27 8447 065U S
Detailed Results:
Arrived Abroad, September 08, 2007, 11:13 am, CANADA
International Dispatch, September 05, 2007, 12:51 pm, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO
Acceptance, September 04, 2007, 4:18 pm, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55442

Did it get lost at customs or what.... I was hoping to be able to drive the car before winter... I don't think it's going to happen. What do you sugest I do. I'm out $395.00
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2007 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PR, this is crazy.... I checked on the USPS site and this is what it said
Label/Receipt Number: CP27 8447 065U S
Detailed Results:
Arrived Abroad, September 08, 2007, 11:13 am, CANADA
International Dispatch, September 05, 2007, 12:51 pm, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO
Acceptance, September 04, 2007, 4:18 pm, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55442

Did it get lost at customs or what.... I was hoping to be able to drive the car before winter... I don't think it's going to happen. What do you sugest I do. I'm out $395.00

I don't understand...............does that mean it is still in customs ??? or was it delivered to an address ?? Either way you should be able to track it to its destination.
fsrowsell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fsrowsellClick Here to visit fsrowsell's HomePageSend a Private Message to fsrowsellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR, can you confirm my address with me? Customs can't seem to track it down ... Thanks again for your help
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PR, can you confirm my address with me? Customs can't seem to track it down ... Thanks again for your help

The addy that came through on Paypal was

Denise Rowsell
418 Belmont Rd
Victoria, British Columbia
V9C 1B4
Canada

fsrowsell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fsrowsellClick Here to visit fsrowsell's HomePageSend a Private Message to fsrowsellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that is correct.... I talked with Canada Post and they said it can 10 - 15 working says before they even long it into their system some times.... So, I guest I have no other choice but to wait until next week... Another week gone
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, that is correct.... I talked with Canada Post and they said it can 10 - 15 working says before they even long it into their system some times.... So, I guest I have no other choice but to wait until next week... Another week gone

Sorry bout that....................Canada can be a real PAIN to ship to sometimes.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey did my mounts get shipped yet?
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

hey did my mounts get shipped yet?

Yes.............
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, thank you
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn,
I still havent recieved my low mount alt bracket yet. You said it shipped out a couple of weeks ago but i still dont have it yet. I really need that bracket to finish my swap. Let me know please. Thanks Daniel
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for that last delay.................it was ready to ship, then I got majorly sick that week ( on top of my allergy problem ) I still went to test fit it that week and found out it wont fit so I made another one. I try to go to the welder as few times as possible.

But your new one is actually done and in the box, leaving in the morning For what it's worth, this is the best fitting, best looking, and strongest one yet.

Once again sorry for the delay, I try to get these made in a large run at once.

Edit..................tracking # as follows.............0307 0020 0001 1938 0233 via USPS

Damn Columbus day..............couldnt ship on Mon.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 10-09-2007).]

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Shawn, I'm trying to make a 94 S1 S/C 3800 fit into my 88 gt with a 5 speed getrag. Can you offer any help? Also would you be able to fab up a lower alternator bracket for this odd combo?

Thanks!

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

Hey Shawn, I'm trying to make a 94 S1 S/C 3800 fit into my 88 gt with a 5 speed getrag. Can you offer any help? Also would you be able to fab up a lower alternator bracket for this odd combo?

Thanks!

Well the mount kit will certainly work. Seeing as how there are 2 cars locally with a series 1 installed with these. The alt bracket on the other hand is yet to be determined. Were trying to make something that will work for the series 1. There are only 2 cars I have heard of with the Alt mounted down low where the P.S. was. One of them is Jerry Goodwin's White Night, and I've been trying to get some pics or ideas on how to make it.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 10-08-2007).]

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn,
Okay thanks for the update. I will let you know when it arrives. Thanks Daniel
nhesto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nhestoClick Here to visit nhesto's HomePageSend a Private Message to nhestoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey purple can you post a picture of the alternator bracket that you make installed in a fiero with the dog bone in, because i just put my engine in and everything lines up except for the dog bone bracket.............................................
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nhesto:

hey purple can you post a picture of the alternator bracket that you make installed in a fiero with the dog bone in, because i just put my engine in and everything lines up except for the dog bone bracket.............................................

Because every car is different, and not everyone is going to line-up the same when swapped, you'll need to alter or custom make a dogbone. You can kind of see the dogbone in this old pic.....
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Billybo455:

i think i have something wrong. help!!!!

Not pushing the other guys mounts but this is how they mount the late 04-07 4T65eHD on the passenger side. Two bolts and a sizable steel pin insert.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Not pushing the other guys mounts but this is how they mount the late 04-07 4T65eHD on the passenger side. Two bolts and a sizable steel pin insert.

Shaun really needs to start producing this mount for the later 65E transmissions. I have ordered them from WCF and they are nice but pretty expensive.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
Shawn really needs to start producing this mount for the later 65E transmissions. I have ordered them from WCF and they are nice but pretty expensive.

I'm working on it.

Now that this current swap is done I'll have more time..................I'm also looking for one of those transmissions as a test piece.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock