Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49044 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
FIERO1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need engine and trans mounts for the 4 speed manual. and also a alt bracket for the use of the 99 gtp alt. what is the timeline and price for all that?

thanks
dan
85gt

------------------
3800sc XP Hot Cam, Comp Pushrods, Comp Lifters, Stage 3 Blower,Ported Lower Manifold, N* Throttle Body, LS1 MAF, Ported Heads,.052 Cometic 4 Layer Headgaskets, Stage 2 ZZP Intercooler, 2.6 Pulley, SLP Headers. Elimislip Pulley Set up, 42.5 Lucas Injectors, Custom Tune! Ahhhhh.....yeah

IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bobm:

Shawn,

I've been trying to get you by Email and Phone you a couple of times. Is everything Ok?

Yes I'll get ahold of you. It's just been CRAZY busy at the shop. Phone wont stop ringing, Parts to return, deliver, pick-up, ship, cars to tow, fix, prepare for sale, meetings, research for the 2 swaps i'm doing right now, FAMILY ISSUES and I'm only one guy We'll get your bracket done.

Originally posted by yellow fever:

did anybody else have to shim their tranny brackets. My tranny looks like Back on Holidays pictures. I really had to shim the rear tranny bracket. Is this common. It has alot of vibration. I was told my tranny is a 99 gtp.

This seems to be an issue with 04 & newer transmissions. The bosses that GM cast into the outside are offset, unlike the older transmission cases where all the bosses were at the same flat spacing, hence why a flat piece of steel works perfectly for a mount bracket. I have only seen one other trans the was quoted to be an older year with the same offset boss mounting. It will work the same with a longer bolt & a section of steel round stock to fit the bolt & spacing.

The vibration is probably due to being poly, unless you have something rubbing. This is the first complaint of vibration. But these mounts were designed for strength for heavily modded engines that rubber mounts dont stand a chance with.

Originally posted by FIERO1985:

I need engine and trans mounts for the 4 speed manual. and also a alt bracket for the use of the 99 gtp alt. what is the timeline and price for all that?

thanks
dan
85gt

Mounts can be shipped right away. You'll need to send in your stock Fiero V-6 alt bracket and I'll need a week or 2 to make it.
The manual mount set is $275 and the alt bracket is $250.

sYkboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sYkboySend a Private Message to sYkboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent for a set of 6 for the auto.

------------------
'86 GTFB, white, auto
'86 SE V6, red, auto, aeropackage
Just purchased both Mar 17, 07. Neither running. Both 99.9% complete. May sell SE.

FIERO1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok my question is what does the stock bracket from the 2.8 have to do with the use of the 99+ gtp alt. maybe yours is different from lloyd but he does not use the stock fiero bracket. the two alts are different comletely as to how they mount......

dan

------------------
3800sc XP Hot Cam, Comp Pushrods, Comp Lifters, Stage 3 Blower,Ported Lower Manifold, N* Throttle Body, LS1 MAF, Ported Heads,.052 Cometic 4 Layer Headgaskets, Stage 2 ZZP Intercooler, 2.6 Pulley, SLP Headers. Elimislip Pulley Set up, 42.5 Lucas Injectors, Custom Tune! Ahhhhh.....yeah

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO1985:

Ok my question is what does the stock bracket from the 2.8 have to do with the use of the 99+ gtp alt. maybe yours is different from lloyd but he does not use the stock fiero bracket. the two alts are different comletely as to how they mount......

dan

The stock Fiero bracket is modified ith a GTP aluminum mount bracket for the dogbone. Skitime originated the idea and I found out that if you modify the GTP or Buick alt like I did, it will fit the Fiero bracket. So you can use the bigger GTP or Buick alt while utilizing this bracket.

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
FIERO1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

The stock Fiero bracket is modified ith a GTP aluminum mount bracket for the dogbone. Skitime originated the idea and I found out that if you modify the GTP or Buick alt like I did, it will fit the Fiero bracket. So you can use the bigger GTP or Buick alt while utilizing this bracket.

Did not know that, I really cant wait that long for the mount I dont think for the alt but I will take a full set of engine and trans mounts for the 4 speed manual I am going to paypal tonight. I will have to look back on this thread for the paypal addy. I will pm you when payment is sent as well

Thanks
Dan

------------------

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2007 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checking to see if you have sent out that set for a manual yet. Thanks

Steve
sYkboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2007 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sYkboySend a Private Message to sYkboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for mine as well.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2007 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another bump. Hello?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay...............I'll get the U-channel finished and they'll be shipped.

These 2 swaps are taking longer than expected.....................also my engine blew again this weekend, so it looks like I wont be going to Dells again ...............................
PFF
System Bot
sYkboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sYkboySend a Private Message to sYkboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news on the mounts. thanks.

That sucks about your engine. What went catastrophic on you? Using Mucho Boosto or what?

Keep your head up man.
Jay
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a "curve ball" for you: I need some mounts for the 3800, your lower alt bracket, and trans mounts, but the trans I have is the new 6 speed auto from the G6 will your mounts fit that trans, or am I s.o.l? LOL

I can be reached email wise at bd5av8r (at) gmail dot com

Engine I have is a 2004 series III with S/C from Impala and
Auto 6 speed from a G6

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 05-15-2007).]

Jay-ID

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Thanks for providing this product. I'm looking forward to getting my 88 back on the road.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

I have a "curve ball" for you: I need some mounts for the 3800, your lower alt bracket, and trans mounts, but the trans I have is the new 6 speed auto from the G6 will your mounts fit that trans, or am I s.o.l? LOL

I can be reached email wise at bd5av8r (at) gmail dot com

Engine I have is a 2004 series III with S/C from Impala and
Auto 6 speed from a G6

Do me a favor and take pic's of both sides where the brackets bolt up and i can tell you

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://tinyurl.com/2lhase

(Its the Hydra-Matic 6T70 Transaxle)
the pics of the mounting surfaces are in there, but small.

Since I have no digital cam, theres a web page with the guilty on it. (Here's hoping for good news.)

I ll try to get pics with a disposable cam up here soon.

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 05-16-2007).]

iSh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iShSend a Private Message to iShEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need mounts for a series II w/ 4t65eHD (both engine and tranny mounts). Could you PM pics of where yours mounts (on the engine and tranny) so I can see if it will line up with the axle setup that I am using?

Thanks,
Chris
sYkboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sYkboySend a Private Message to sYkboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for delivery???!
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sYkboy:

Bump for delivery???!

Ditto
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All shipments are out ..........................whew !!! .........................
Florida
Idaho
CT
PA
Canada
Virginia
All that's left is 1 alt bracket to ship & 4 more to make.

THANKS EVERYONE
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great News. Thanks again Shawn.

Steve
PFF
System Bot
multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am now drooling in anticipation, anyone care to comment on how the stock fiero mounts live with the 3800 sc? i've got ones from autozone which have a LLTW?
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by multmigs:

i am now drooling in anticipation, anyone care to comment on how the stock fiero mounts live with the 3800 sc? i've got ones from autozone which have a LLTW?

I made some custom "lowering" mounts for my manual car. It involves a stiff rubber dodge truck mount with a saftey catch, bolted to a stock mount with the rubber burned off.

So far so good, they are really nice riding so far, the wear is unknown, but hey lifetime warrentee, so if I have to spend an hour swapping them out each oil chainge, I could care less. So far they still look new after like 15 track passes, and 1k driven miles.
multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a pic of that? I'm easily confused... you combined 2 mounts to make one that's lower??? I just don't want the vibe of the poly stuff I've had that in another car it sucked.... I will also be using a dogbone, I was thinking of trying to make/find something for the back of the motor like where the fiero had that little shock deal...
cwatson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cwatsonSend a Private Message to cwatsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
purple reign, what will be needed and time/cost for mounts/brackets on a 3800 series II w/ getrag 5spd?

Thanks,
Chris
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sending you a pm for the 6 piece set.

Chris
Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my mounts today. Very solid, can hardly wait to finish putting my engine together. + for you.

Thanks
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mounts just arrived. Exellent work on the mounts. Thanks again

Steve
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much or everything including alt bracket without swap to Sydney Australia
Jay-ID

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-IDSend a Private Message to Jay-IDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My mounts arrived in great condition on Saturday.

I forgot about the "no welding" part. That made my day. This swap keeps getting easier.
sYkboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sYkboySend a Private Message to sYkboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got'em. Thanks!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

How much or everything including alt bracket without swap to Sydney Australia

$595 for a manual swap set-up or $695 for an auto set-up.

Full set of mounts & brackets, Low alt bracket / dogbone mount with no core sent in. Assuming shipping isnt too much more than shipping to Canada.
big block fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-09-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for big block fieroSend a Private Message to big block fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Administrator please, do for me as you have done for purple reign, Take out his mean spirited posts that started all this in "3800 quater mile times" and also "building a big block fiero". The spread of his rumors against me and his reputation damaging misinformation have existed on this site for almost a year, the effects of wich will linger on forever. My post about his blowing up, underpowered motors was purley factual and removed by you in less then a week to save his illfated reputation.

[This message has been edited by big block fiero (edited 06-10-2007).]

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a issue a few years back about these mounts being off and he thought It was an attack https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...0206-1-049118-3.html It appears it was a nice jester to fix them but I am wondering if this happened?? page 3 is the discussion.
multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone tell me what I"m doing wrong here, I just installed my 3 piece set of mounts on my 4t65EHD trans and the holes that the fiero trans mounts need to go through (the bolt that comes from the center rubber portion of the mount itself) are on a 90 Degree angle to the transmission, where as the stock mounts have this bolt, on both the front and rear mount going at more like a 45 degree angle.... I'm trying to get a hang of the PIP to post a picture of what I'm talking about doesn't want to take my pics due to the size....??
multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

multmigs

174 posts
Member since Oct 2006

In case you missed my rant in the tech section??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In case you missed my rant in the tech section??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing you just ordered the three mounts, the 2 that bolt to the trans and one that bolts to the engine..? if so you need the poly mounts that bolt to them and the cradle. the stock rubber mounts will not work with his brackets.

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 06-12-2007).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In this picture you have the trunk side mount on the firewall side of the cradle. This could be part of your problem that you are having. I am not forsure if PRs mounts work with the stock rubber mounts. I know the other vendors mounts will only work with there poly mounts they sell.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

In this picture you have the trunk side mount on the firewall side of the cradle. This could be part of your problem that you are having. I am not forsure if PRs mounts work with the stock rubber mounts. I know the other vendors mounts will only work with there poly mounts they sell.

PR's mounts for the auto trans will ONLY work with the poly mounts only.
multmigs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for multmigsSend a Private Message to multmigsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In this picture you have the trunk side mount on the firewall side of the cradle

Un no I don't they don't interchange at all, I tried everything I could to do just that for the past several hours, the are in the right spot, the firewall side mounts flat, the trunk side one end sits up higher than the other.. the problem is the mounts themselves are not compatible, so I have to wonder why did this guy sell them to me as such???

THIS IS BEAT!!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock