Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49043 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CETICARS:

which set to mount the 4t60 tranny to my other Ecotec swap an how much

The 2 trans adapter brackets are $55 each unless you want to use a poly mount below it to replace the stock rubber mount. The poly lower mounts are $60 each or $230 for all 4 pieces.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 11-06-2006).]

IP: Logged
DILYSI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DILYSISend a Private Message to DILYSIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the manual mounts lower the trans (5 speed) any or will they still be at stock height?

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

You got your bracket I dont get it, did you get one from Loyde ??

I used my "stage name" when ordering
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So when are you going to start making the flywheel for the 3800SC swap
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

So when are you going to start making the flywheel for the 3800SC swap

That's easy.......................a 3800 flywheel from a mid 90's F-body, machined down to the thickness of a stock Fiero flywheel
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's easy.......................a 3800 flywheel from a mid 90's F-body, machined down to the thickness of a stock Fiero flywheel

so true.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

I used my "stage name" when ordering

I still don't get it
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yea but its a pain to do it all lol
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I still don't get it

And you NEVER will.......
RUNDLC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi PurpleR, When will you ship?

Thanks

RUNDLC
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RUNDLC:

Hi PurpleR, When will you ship?

Thanks

RUNDLC

Bump
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump

Yesterday.................................. the larger orders will be shipped Monday due to a missing bracket.

Also got delayed a little due to shipping problems on the last few orders. I guess USPS has been TOTALLY destroying the packages by the time they get there so I shipped them UPS.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 11-10-2006).]

GT40 Kit 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 Kit 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 Kit 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Purple,
I have a 95 3800 SC Series 1, 4T60E in an 85 Kit Car. It was an ACE conversion with rubber mounts. The torque from this basicly stock motor allows the inner CV to hit the cradle on the right side. Does any of your stuff help me?
Kevin

------------------
85 Fiero-based ASPP GT-40 MarkII. 3800 S/C, Auto, Held suspension all around with 2" drop spindles and sport fr. end. RCC bump-steer correction. Mr. Mike's interior.

RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Purple for the update and tracking!

RUNDLC
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT40 Kit 3.8 SC:

Hey Purple,
I have a 95 3800 SC Series 1, 4T60E in an 85 Kit Car. It was an ACE conversion with rubber mounts. The torque from this basicly stock motor allows the inner CV to hit the cradle on the right side. Does any of your stuff help me?
Kevin

Yep....................you'll probably want to go with a replacement auto kit. Bill Sessions is in the same predicament. Until I can see pice of Ace's set-up, just replacing them is the only solution.
GT40 Kit 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 Kit 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 Kit 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Purple,
I sent you an email to your Yahoo address. As soon as I know what I need, you will get my order. I'm not in any hurry, just want you to know I'm a definate. I can send you pix of the ACE mods to the cradle and copies of the drawings, if you like.
Thanks,
Kevin

------------------
85 Fiero-based ASPP GT-40 MarkII. 3800 S/C, Auto, Held suspension all around with 2" drop spindles and sport fr. end. RCC bump-steer correction. Mr. Mike's interior.

RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mount received today!! Thanks Looks very solid.

RUNDLC
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still havn't received mine, and it's been 2 weeks now. I was hoping to get my engine in this weekend. Can you please send me a tracking #?

[This message has been edited by greengoblin0129 (edited 11-17-2006).]

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back, Purple. Oh and check your PMs please.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still havn't received mine, and it's been 2 weeks now. I was hoping to get my engine in this weekend. Can you please send me a tracking #?

Im shipping today.........................can't believe I've been working till 2:00a.m. and still cant stay caught up on work.
I'll send you the tracking # etc. They have been sitting here with the shipping label on them.................
SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Purple... I just sent 60 bux thru paypal, for the front adaptor bracket... I also sent you a PM.

Thanks!
-Matt
PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2006 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im shipping today.........................can't believe I've been working till 2:00a.m. and still cant stay caught up on work.
I'll send you the tracking # etc. They have been sitting here with the shipping label on them.................

Hey was just wondering if you got that shipped out today, and if you did I would like a tracking # because I took some days off next week so I could get the motor into the car.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey was just wondering if you got that shipped out today, and if you did I would like a tracking # because I took some days off next week so I could get the motor into the car.

Well....................when you preprint the shipping label with Paypal for USPS all I get is a delivery confirmation # 420 46227 9101 1288 8230 0708 0048 35 so even though it was shipped 2 day priority, this is all I get.

Anyhow, should be there Weds or Thurs.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay, I finally got pics of my ACE mounts:
Passenger side motor mount
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Driverside rear trans mount

Driverside Front trans mount

The problem:
tranny is resting on the cradle!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2006 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

Sorry for the delay, I finally got pics of my ACE mounts:
Passenger side motor mount

Driverside rear trans mount

Driverside Front trans mount

The problem:
tranny is resting on the cradle!

I couldnt see the pics in your other thread, from what I can tell all the Fiero stock mounting locations are there. That is all you need to use the kit I make. Also it looks like ACE used the stock Fiero mounts anyhow I take it that the 2 trans mounts are probably shot & allowing the trans to turn or twist in place. If you use the auto kit & install a dogbone mount such as the one pictured in the lower right corner..................
sorry............old pic. That will harness any power & abuse you can give it.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 11-25-2006).]

GT40 Kit 3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT40 Kit 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to GT40 Kit 3.8 SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Purple,
I have an ACE kit too. My front motor mount is not like that. ACE required me to cut the front mount plate off of the cradle and weld on a plate, about 1" lower.
Kevin

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT40 Kit 3.8 SC:

Hey Purple,
I have an ACE kit too. My front motor mount is not like that. ACE required me to cut the front mount plate off of the cradle and weld on a plate, about 1" lower.
Kevin

If it's in the same spot, then all you need to do is add a 1" spacer or move it back
SaLvAgEd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaLvAgEdSend a Private Message to SaLvAgEdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to give 2 thumbs-up to Purple Reign... I just received my front engine bracket, and I'm very happy with the quality of the part! The parts are thick, the cuts are smooth, and the welds are solid. I can't comment on the fit though... because I'm still collecting parts for my swap... With that being said, I can recommend this part to anyone who is considering buying a bracket somewhere else, or fabricating their own. This part is very hard to beat, especially for $60, shipped!
tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a dogbone mount such as the one pictured in the lower right corner..................

Can you tell me what poly kit you used and what size tubing was used to make the dogbone?
I need to make one of those.
spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to tell my wife that I want to get your full auto mount set for Chrismas. Can you ship to Toronto Canada so that the mounts get here before Xmas?

Rick

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2006 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tampalinc:

Can you tell me what poly kit you used and what size tubing was used to make the dogbone?
I need to make one of those.

The round stock I use is called 2" 11ga electric cut. It will take the stock Fiero poly dogbone kit perfectly. The custom part of the dogbone is really easy to make yourself.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2006 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by spookything:

I am going to tell my wife that I want to get your full auto mount set for Chrismas. Can you ship to Toronto Canada so that the mounts get here before Xmas?

Rick

Yes but I'll have to ship them soon. In case customs has an issue.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 12-01-2006).]

spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well she says I can have them for Christmas but I have to order them, I think I may be buying my own gift. Hmmmm.

Well I am about to Pay Pal you. PLEASE DO NOT SHIP MINE UPS they rape us Canadians with brokerage fees to cross the border. US POST is the best to allow for comfortable sitting.

Rick

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spookything:

Well she says I can have them for Christmas but I have to order them, I think I may be buying my own gift. Hmmmm.

Well I am about to Pay Pal you. PLEASE DO NOT SHIP MINE UPS they rape us Canadians with brokerage fees to cross the border. US POST is the best to allow for comfortable sitting.

Rick

Interesting...........................the last guy I shipped to in Canada said not to go USPS cause it takes forever to get there

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 12-03-2006).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I'm using your front mount adapter with stock engine mount and Getrag mounts, are there any clearance issues with the cradle/engine compartment? I know most swaps require some trimming - V8 needs to be shifted slightly and shock tower trimmed (at least on 88), and the 3.4DOHC requires modified decklid hinge mounts, while the Northstar requires heavy cradle mods. How about the 3800SC? Given the price of gas and my plans to swap in a Corvette power steering rack, a 3800SC is starting to look like a good compromise.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should remake this one in steel. The manual guys have been breaking them alot, myself included. I'll probably be making one in another two weeks or so...

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 12-03-2006).]

spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not reallyhad any trouble with US Post taking too long. Besides if it ships early this week it will have to get here by Christmas. She won't let me have it early anyways.

Rick
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

If I'm using your front mount adapter with stock engine mount and Getrag mounts, are there any clearance issues with the cradle/engine compartment? I know most swaps require some trimming - V8 needs to be shifted slightly and shock tower trimmed (at least on 88), and the 3.4DOHC requires modified decklid hinge mounts, while the Northstar requires heavy cradle mods. How about the 3800SC? Given the price of gas and my plans to swap in a Corvette power steering rack, a 3800SC is starting to look like a good compromise.

No clearance issues at all. The 3800 seems to fit better than the 2.8. The 3800 only had clearance issues after an intercooler is added.

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

You should remake this one in steel. The manual guys have been breaking them alot, myself included. I'll probably be making one in another two weeks or so...

Thought about it, but I have only warranteed one of these that I have made. That one in the pic looks like too much material was cut away from the gusset section of the bracket. Sure death for aluminum. Who welded that one anyhow ???
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That weld was my repair after it broke there. It might not be pretty, but it didn't break in the same spot so no complaints. I don't have it as part of my alternator, just so you know, thats where the AC used to be. That bracket for me is just dogbone and tensioner.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 12-03-2006).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

That weld was my repair after it broke there. It might not be pretty, but it didn't break in the same spot so no complaints. I don't have it as part of my alternator, just so you know, thats where the AC used to be. That bracket for me is just dogbone and tensioner.

Exactly, but it still looks like there is a lot of material taken away from the gusset area. I tried to find as thin of tensioner as possible as to not cut up the strength of the bracket ( since we are only using one and not 2 like GM did. Any chance you can find a thinner tensioner or one with a different offset as to not cut up the bracket ???

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 12-03-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock