Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49043 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
fierotrev2014

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2014 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierotrev2014Send a Private Message to fierotrev2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent if your still making these.

Page 18 is mine

[This message has been edited by fierotrev2014 (edited 05-13-2014).]

IP: Logged
Fastback-Ish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you sto
Fastback-Ish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback-IshSend a Private Message to Fastback-IshEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fastback-Ish

84 posts
Member since May 2012
Are you still making these mounts?? Sorry about the last post my dang phone just sent it premature to completion. Pm going your way
Zackwylde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZackwyldeSend a Private Message to ZackwyldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent! Hope you are still in business!!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AFAIK, the PurpleRein and Fierox 3800 swap mounts are no longer being made. While they are good products I've always used the swap mounts manufactured by West Coast Fiero . I completed two series III auto swaps and only one series II swap. WCF has both the early and late 4T65eHD transmission mounts/brackets. They are excellent quality and I usually get them within 5-7 business days of placing the order. They are a bit more expensive than the other brand 3800 swap mounts but they are available

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2014 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

AFAIK, the PurpleRein and Fierox 3800 swap mounts are no longer being made. While they are good products I've always used the swap mounts manufactured by West Coast Fiero . I completed two series III auto swaps and only one series II swap. WCF has both the early and late 4T65eHD transmission mounts/brackets. They are excellent quality and I usually get them within 5-7 business days of placing the order. They are a bit more expensive than the other brand 3800 swap mounts but they are available

Not 100% accurate. I will be continuing the FieroX mounts. There have been some setbacks as promises were made and broken by the original fabricator but I have done my best to work past these problems. Currently, I am waiting on the forms/jigs from the original fabricator and already have a local fabricator lined up to start making the mounts. About half of the jigs have been located and once the original shop locates the rest we'll be in business.

I may not be completely setup for a few months but the FieroX/BrandX mounts will still be made. If people can't wait then please support other vendors.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is nice news to hear...

But why do some folks have problems with WCF??

Are they slow at making them, or they make them once the order is filled??

Seems like some have got their orders in a reasonable time frame, and others 6 months.
Looks like Dennis Lagrua got this parts quick...

------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

This is nice news to hear...

But why do some folks have problems with WCF??

Are they slow at making them, or they make them once the order is filled??

Seems like some have got their orders in a reasonable time frame, and others 6 months.
Looks like Dennis Lagrua got this parts quick...

Well, it's still slow going on getting the jigs but it's a work in progress. I'll have to elaborate in my original sales thread.

I personally cannot answer your question in regards to WCF. I've only ordered from them once, maybe twice and received my items in what I thought was a timely manner. Granted, I only ordered a dogbone and a spintech muffler.
PFF
System Bot
stressrelief2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stressrelief2000Send a Private Message to stressrelief2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
please pm me or email me if you still make these mounts. Jay Rykken - Fellow Minnesotan from Cambridge,MN startring build. 3800sc to 85Fiero GT.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Correction Dennis, they ARE still being made. Tho there have been many major changes recently in life, i'm finally coming back out of a deep valley. Trying desperately to get caught up on messages, i did just ship out 2 sets.

------------------

MINNESOTA MAFIA Real men get blown If you're going to run your mouth make sure the proof isn't all over the net that you're full of sh!t.
87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's 372 rwhp & tuning____88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 000,204.1 miles
87 GT custom______90 Grand prix STE Turbo_____2007GSXR 1000
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, Ya want to hit it, but are afraid of the consequences.
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH
If your'e not living on the edge..........you're taking up too much room.
Best Fiero mounts available

timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2015 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Correction Dennis, they ARE still being made. Tho there have been many major changes recently in life, i'm finally coming back out of a deep valley. Trying desperately to get caught up on messages, i did just ship out 2 sets.

Lulzman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LulzmanSend a Private Message to LulzmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Sent a PM in November, betting you're busy for the holidays though. Get back to me when you can or I might end up with WCF mounts lol. *shudder*
Supallama

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupallamaSend a Private Message to SupallamaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2016 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased someone else's unfinished swap that used Purple Reign mounts and I am experiencing some issues. When I bought the car, the motor and trans were already installed by the previous owner but the motor sat really crooked in the engine bay.

My understanding is the that previous owner installed the cabin side trans mount improperly causing the motor to be that crooked.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I wanted to straighten the motor out before I install my intercooler, so took the bolts out of the front motor mount and loosened the other trans mount and shifted the motor so now it sits straight in the engine bay.

So far so good

Until I went to bolt the front motor mount back together. It is not even close to lining up. I have been told that sometimes the mount needs to be redrilled slightly, however this is not even close, is it possible that something else has been installed incorreclty??

I see other people have posted saying they work perfectly, but I can't see anything that was done any differently in the photos that have been posted.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 5 years back, back a guy brought in a set of Purplereign mounts and we did a 3800SC swqp with them. They fit well and the engine mounted correctly. I recall that they were of a very heavy construction

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jraul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jraulSend a Private Message to jraulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if purple reign is still in business?
Twoolz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2017 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TwoolzSend a Private Message to TwoolzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, hello fiero lovers! I'm new on this forum, and have a deep need for a bit of help with my 88 Fiero SE 5peed Iron Duke to 3800SC swap!!!
I am trying to find an engine mount KIT, as well as info on exhaust possibilities and a plug and play engine wiring harness.... I have glanced at many links and other sites connected here, but most info is significantly old, and I have had no responses from them. ANY info, guidance, or help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock