Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49044 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
Justin Heileman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
IP: Logged
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ummm, PR are you still alive...?!
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No he died and the funeral is on Sunday...

Shawn runs his own automotive repair shop and cars in the shop take priority over his mounts, them being a side job and all, he will most likely be back on here shortly.
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

No he died and the funeral is on Sunday...

Shawn runs his own automotive repair shop and cars in the shop take priority over his mounts, them being a side job and all, he will most likely be back on here shortly.

Right on the money Carbon, 2 slow weeks last month & i got caught up on mounts & brackets, although 4 brackets need to be finished before they can ship. Was planning on 2 more shipping before the weekend. First one being Justin's....... due to the 2 slow weeks, i now have to work 3 times as hard & long to catch up on bills.
The kids have literally not even seen me in the last week & a half....
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey PR, i probably just started over thinking this, but isnt there going to need to be a mount on the topside of the motor?

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

since i seem to be getting so many PM's about my hitch, ill answer right here
the trailor hitch/bike rack hitch jack, lifting and resting points...

Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So since its sat now, are you saying my low alt. mount and my 3800 motor mount have been shipped?

[This message has been edited by Justin Heileman (edited 10-16-2010).]

Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justin Heileman

223 posts
Member since Nov 2005

Was planning on 2 more shipping before the weekend. First one being Justin's.......

PFF
System Bot
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for monday, did they get shipped yet?
fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justin Heileman:

bump for monday, did they get shipped yet?

Maaaaaaan. Back of the guy's balls. We know you're itchy for your stuff but try checking in every week instead of every other day.
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if you sent him over $300 three months ago and had'nt got your mounts yet you would be on his balls too, I just feel bad for the guy that have had to wait like six months on his alt bracket... Like Ive said this is the ONLY thing I need to get my 2 yr project on the road...and my friend is waiting on his 3800 mount so he can get going on that. Ive been told "you will get it soon" and "it should be on its way soon" more than a few times. Sorry but its just alittle frustating.

[This message has been edited by Justin Heileman (edited 10-18-2010).]

Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for any news
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for monday...
fierofierofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofierofieroSend a Private Message to fierofierofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for monday...

Well you were right. Sure seems to be taking awhile. I have a swap on the drawing board and I was budgeting to buy these mounts too but I guess I better buy a few months in advance.

He's got a good reputation, maybe just very busy right now.
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update? a little bird told me that they were done
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would appear Shawn has earned a kick to the nuts... sorry you're having problems with him responding. He really is a stand up guy.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure why everyone that orders from PR always end up getting mad because they have not got there mounts after 3 months...If you read thru this Thread you will see 75% of it is people asking where they mounts are, 15% wanting to buy mounts and 10% of it is people saying PR is slow but you willl get your mounts...If I am no mistaken PR does not make his mounts but has another shop make them but they only make them in say orders of 10. So if PR doesn't have any mounts left on the shelf another 10 sets have to be made and paid for in advance so some are left waiting 3 months to get them. Maybe I am wrong but I bet not.....
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

If I am no mistaken PR does not make his mounts but has another shop make them but they only make them in say orders of 10. Maybe I am wrong but I bet not.....

You are wrong. Yes, most of them take a while, some a long while. He has friend laser cut the irregular patterned steel parts, and has never "waited" until an order of 10. He usually has lots of material at his shop. Other than that, he does 100% of the work himself, and BY HAND. Cutting, drilling, welding, painting, assembling etc. It all takes time, and as he has stated NUMEROUS times, this comes after his business and family. This is a service he provides because his loves helping Fiero people. It is not his primary income or priority, and never will be. So fierofierofiero is correct. Don't but them when everything else on the swap is done. Budget a few months for him to get them out. They are built extremely well, as I have been around the shop for years. I have seen some of the competition, and it's worth the wait. When he has a day to work on them, and a few customer cars show up, Fiero parts go on the back burner. It's unfortunate, but something he has never hidden or lied about.

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years Avionics & 15 years Car Electronics.

PFF
System Bot
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mobile,

This is off topic but what intercooler are you running and from where did you obtain it?

Also patiently waiting
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

Mobile,

This is off topic but what intercooler are you running and from where did you obtain it?

Also patiently waiting

It is a full size IC for a Gen V blower setup from ZZ Performance with their front mount heat exchanger and a "GM" bosch intercooler pump.

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years Avionics & 15 years Car Electronics.

Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your right I shouldnt of waited until every thing was put together before I ordered my mount, I wasnt gonna run a low mount alt to begin with but plans changed back in august so I ordered the mount, I understand it might take awhile to make these mounts but im a paying customer just like anyone who walks in his front door, when I pm'd about ordering the mounts he said he was 2 weeks out,and this was back in august, and im not trying to bad mouth him AT ALL I would just like to know whats going on, I have a full set of his auto 3800 mounts and I love them! but I also didnt wait this long for them. Mabye if its gonna take 2,3,6 months to get these mounts out he should take a deposit instead of all the money, again no disrespect but I dont think anyone on here would be comfortable dishing out two or three hundred for these mounts then waiting two or three mounts to get them. I wouldnt want him to loose time with his family over mine or anyone elses mounts. I was told my mounts were done by another member that is close to purple thursday night, I figured purple would of updated this thread by today, hell i saw the he posted on another topic this morning at 2:33 but didnt update his own thread...

[This message has been edited by Justin Heileman (edited 10-31-2010).]

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hell i saw the he posted on another topic this morning at 2:33 but didnt update his own thread...

Sorry that was me, forgot to log him off before I borrowed his computer at the shop. I was there working on my car.

[This message has been edited by MOBILE (edited 10-31-2010).]

Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow...talk about a late night...lol
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get your Money Back and get some Fierox mounts.

Sounds like its going to be a nightmare.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

What?

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

Ummm... He already has the PR mounts, and likes them. He's waiting for an low mount alternator bracket.
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and a 3800 front bracket...for a friend
PFF
System Bot
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOBILE:

It is a full size IC for a Gen V blower setup from ZZ Performance with their front mount heat exchanger and a "GM" bosch intercooler pump.

Very very nice! How much deck clearance is left?

I was thinking about going with their Short Stack Gen 3 set up, and possibly methanol injection later on down the line.

I have a 3.3 pulley system just not installed yet. (No pulley puller - doh)

Just gotta find a job 1st.

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 11-02-2010).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

Very very nice! How much deck clearance is left?

I was thinking about going with their Short Stack Gen 3 set up, and possibly methanol injection later on down the line.

I have a 3.3 pulley system just not installed yet. (No pulley puller - doh)

Just gotta find a job 1st.

Skip the SS and save for a full size IC so there will be no reason to have to use meth injection....You can use a standard hydralic press to change the stock hub to the MPS hub.....
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did he really die?...

[This message has been edited by Justin Heileman (edited 11-04-2010).]

Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...mabye Ill hear something this week...I havent gottn purple to reply to any of my pm's
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOBILE:

You are wrong. Yes, most of them take a while, some a long while. He has friend laser cut the irregular patterned steel parts, and has never "waited" until an order of 10. He usually has lots of material at his shop. Other than that, he does 100% of the work himself, and BY HAND. Cutting, drilling, welding, painting, assembling etc. It all takes time, and as he has stated NUMEROUS times, this comes after his business and family. This is a service he provides because his loves helping Fiero people. It is not his primary income or priority, and never will be. So fierofierofiero is correct. Don't but them when everything else on the swap is done. Budget a few months for him to get them out. They are built extremely well, as I have been around the shop for years. I have seen some of the competition, and it's worth the wait. When he has a day to work on them, and a few customer cars show up, Fiero parts go on the back burner. It's unfortunate, but something he has never hidden or lied about.

Quote from PR from other Thread that is going on.....

Mounts are not too hard even though they are made from scratch as there is a process for everyone.Cad drawings brought laser shop, raw steel brought to laser shop. Cut pieces get brought to fabricator for forming. Formed pieces brought to welder for Tig assembly. Raw completed pieces brought to me for coating, assembly, fitting, & shipping. I try to stay on my welder to have 5 to 10 sets on hand at all times

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 11-08-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mounts are not too hard even though they are made from scratch as there is a process for everyone.Cad drawings brought laser shop, raw steel brought to laser shop. Cut pieces get brought to fabricator for forming. Formed pieces brought to welder for Tig assembly. Raw completed pieces brought to me for coating, assembly, fitting, & shipping. I try to stay on my welder to have 5 to 10 sets on hand at all times

I don't get your point ???
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The rest of that statement for those that missed it...

but he works 2 jobs already and winds up making them to order which delays the process. 50% of the time they are on the shelf ready to ship. Alt brackets on the other hand are made to order & hand made & test fitted on a 3800 !!!! They take lots of time & i'm at the mercy of the welder & his time too. It's much easier to do them in a lot, rather than one'sy two'sy, what a PITA !!!

Along with this... you should have posted this in here douche...

Currently mounts should be caught up, & 2 more Alt brackets are about ready for the box. First one out is Justin Heilman's and the second is RULOOKIN. There are 3 more to finish Robert Pennone + free shifter brackets, Frank Suttell, & Henry Shanyfelt.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-09-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having met PR and working with him on the tyler project i can stick up for him that he is one stand up guy and will work to make sure everyone gets what they paied for.

Just relax a little. Hes a good guy, He is no loyed
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is there a few people on here that are always bashing other people. What do you have to contribute here, anything? If you can do a job better, than do it. News of your good workmanship, product, or services will spread. Don't bask other people that are trying their best to add something to the Fiero community. Many of us "bit off more than we can chew" sometimes.

Stop the bashing, say what you have to say and let it go. Speak from personal experiences and not trolling through threads looking for ways to use someone's words against them.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I don't get your point ???

X 2.......
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

Why is there a few people on here that are always bashing other people. What do you have to contribute here, anything? If you can do a job better, than do it. News of your good workmanship, product, or services will spread. Don't bask other people that are trying their best to add something to the Fiero community. Many of us "bit off more than we can chew" sometimes.

Stop the bashing, say what you have to say and let it go. Speak from personal experiences and not trolling through threads looking for ways to use someone's words against them.

I will never understand these people myself!!!!!!
dhobbs84sc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got my mount this morning, it looks so awesome!!
why do you not make decals or something like that and put it in the box lol i would totally sport a purple reign decal thats how pleased i am with your service!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock