Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49044 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
Dracor

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR PM sent!
IP: Logged
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone heard from PR? I know there are a couple of you guys up in his area. I sent him a PM and haven't had a response yet.
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just talked to him on the phone, said he was waiting on more poly for the mounts.
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4 orders went out. 2 are left and 2 alt brackets to ship. I should have the alt brackets out today.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I assume that mine is one of the brackets. I was starting to get worried that you had another injury in the garage or a relapse from the accident.

Brian
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey PR any news on my set?

Ryan
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Okay, I assume that mine is one of the brackets. I was starting to get worried that you had another injury in the garage or a relapse from the accident.

Brian

Funny.....................NOT !! I did however have my last appointment at the Dr. and what's messed up is more than likely permenantly messed up. If it's intolerable in 6 to 12 months I go back for another surgery.

Anyhow yes your Alt bracket has long been shipped. You should should have it by now.

Originally posted by Winkie:

Hey PR any news on my set?

Ryan

I thought the next shipment of poly would have been here. Once it is, 5 more sets get shipped.

1= Winkie

1= Dracor

2= Loyde

1= Scott Rinne

justa6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

I was starting to get worried that you had another injury in the garage or a relapse from the accident.

Brian

he is an accident! jk.... or am i!
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justa6:

he is an accident! jk.... or am i!

Aren't YOU the one wrecking cars ???
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I did however have my last appointment at the Dr. and what's messed up is more than likely permenantly messed up.

Was the doc refering to your arm injury or your brain damage that lead to the injury?

------------------
" Although all answers are replys, not all replys are answers."

Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update???

Ryan
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for info.

Ryan
justa6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Aren't YOU the one wrecking cars ???

eh, i havent for a while
ca420

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ca420Send a Private Message to ca420Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn, sent a PM when you get a free minute.
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM from me too
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2008 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM too, last week.
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone heard anything?

Ryan
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caught up on P.M's..................
PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had PM you a while back. Are you still selling these mounts? I would like a complete set for an 86GT. Can you let me know when they are available? Thanks, Chris
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a few more pms.

Ryan
DM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DMSend a Private Message to DMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I would throw out some comments about the mounts I received from Purple Reign. I haven't got my engine installed yet, so I really can't comment on the fit as far as placement on the subframe....but these things are stout. 1/4 steel all the way thru...nice fit between the mount and the polyurethane...welds are top notch. I have no doubt they will hold up to whatever abuse I decide to throw at them....and even wonder if they will be overkill for the mostly stock 3800SC I am installing.

I do have two minor gripes:
1. The bolts he uses are standard, not metric....which doesn't really fit with the rest of the bolts used on the Fiero and 3800.
2. The tolerances between the 3800 engine mount and the poly mount it sits on weren't as tight as I am used to....they are probably better than standard GM tolerances, but my previous job was at an aerospace machine shop, and these tolerances aren't tight enough for the F-35 fighter jet parts we were making (to be fair, we had to have a temperature controlled work shop because a difference of 10 degrees would throw our parts out of tolerance).

Speed of shipment? I told him I wasn't in a hurry...they arrived earlier than I expected.

The quality of these mounts can be summed up in one sentence......When I do another 3800 swap, I will buy the mounts from him again.
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent (a few days ago).
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Thought I would throw out some comments about the mounts I received from Purple Reign. I haven't got my engine installed yet, so I really can't comment on the fit as far as placement on the subframe....but these things are stout. 1/4 steel all the way thru...nice fit between the mount and the polyurethane...welds are top notch. I have no doubt they will hold up to whatever abuse I decide to throw at them....and even wonder if they will be overkill for the mostly stock 3800SC I am installing.

I do have two minor gripes:
1. The bolts he uses are standard, not metric....which doesn't really fit with the rest of the bolts used on the Fiero and 3800.
2. The tolerances between the 3800 engine mount and the poly mount it sits on weren't as tight as I am used to....they are probably better than standard GM tolerances, but my previous job was at an aerospace machine shop, and these tolerances aren't tight enough for the F-35 fighter jet parts we were making (to be fair, we had to have a temperature controlled work shop because a difference of 10 degrees would throw our parts out of tolerance).

Speed of shipment? I told him I wasn't in a hurry...they arrived earlier than I expected.

The quality of these mounts can be summed up in one sentence......When I do another 3800 swap, I will buy the mounts from him again.

THANKS !!!!

The mounts were designed to BE overkill for any type of HP someone could throw at them. For instance, my own car - 465 crank HP and have shown NO signs of fatigue.

The tolerance can be modified on the top of the engine mount to fit perfectly both at the holes, and at the horizontal plane. The one at the horizontal plane I dont rework cause it takes away too much of the weld and comprimises ( sp? ) the strength.

Originally posted by Dracor:

PM sent (a few days ago).

I'm at the end of a run of material, so I run short on various parts to get sets finished. I'm gearing up for another run of 60 sets and making minor fitment changes etc, which consumes a lot of time along with all the other shop B.S. I realize they should have been out a while ago, and they will be on the way SOON.
DM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DMSend a Private Message to DMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM. I would like to order the engine bracket.
Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you another PM, 3800SC is going in soon.
zza_mud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zza_mudSend a Private Message to zza_mudEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how soon u looking to have some made up? i need complete set for 4spd manual
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for just the automatic mounts only? I already have the lower engine mount, just need the mounts that connect to the auto trans.

Thanks, Ryan
PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, PM with a question. -Jason
DM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DMSend a Private Message to DMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received my bracket. Thanks.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

How much for just the automatic mounts only? I already have the lower engine mount, just need the mounts that connect to the auto trans.

Thanks, Ryan

I've been sending out the 2 auto trans adapters for $120 shipped I believe..................
Finally !!!!!!!!! caught up on shipments Now I'll concentrate on getting ahead on stock.
zza_mud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zza_mudSend a Private Message to zza_mudEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pr pm sent reply needed as soon as u get time
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zza_mud:

pr pm sent reply needed as soon as u get time

DONE !!!
Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my mount in the mail yesterday. Thanks.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2008 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you stock the low-mount alternator bracket? Or is it made to order? Thanks
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

Do you stock the low-mount alternator bracket? Or is it made to order? Thanks

I try to stock them........................there are currently 2 done.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How quickly would you be able to ship that? I couldnt send the core in till after receipt. Feel free to e-mail me or PM me if it's quicker.
Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way things are going right now I think I'll be buying the low mount alt bracket from you very soon.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

How quickly would you be able to ship that? I couldnt send the core in till after receipt. Feel free to e-mail me or PM me if it's quicker.

Within a day or two........................
Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM Purple Reign.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock