Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49044 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I'm working on it.

Now that this current swap is done I'll have more time..................I'm also looking for one of those transmissions as a test piece.

I dont have a transmision I can send you for a test fit but---If you make the part and needs someone to test it out, I need one for my LS4 swap that I am slowly working on. If you get them made soon, let me know being I need one and am holding out from paying what WCF wants for them.
IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I get a hold of one of these trannies, Ill make one up for ya, mstangs.
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well the mounts were originated to fit 88 to 2003 440T4, 4T60, 4T60e, 4T60e HD, 4T65e, & 4T65e HD, transmission with the the 4 stud bosses on the rear. We have only run into an extremely small amount of transmissions with different boss patterns. Your only solution is to modify the mount or find a trans with the 4 boss pattern.

Unless by some miracle I can get one of those trannies and make a mount for it.

Does it at least sit level on the bosses ?

By my awesom F*$!%& luck I have that very same transmission attached to the 3400 that I bought from Darrell Morse. It is sitting, as we speak, in my garage. This makes me want to hurt myself... I cannot catch a break. F'in Grrrrr.

P.S. It appears that the casting is different due to the fact that the tranny was originally mounted via bosses on the side cover of the transmission. The mount bracket was still bolted to the tranny when I got it.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 12-15-2007).]

CorvetteFan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvetteFan86Click Here to visit CorvetteFan86's HomePageSend a Private Message to CorvetteFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Purple Reign, I was wondering if you still sell the poly 3800sc conversion mounts? If you do i would like to buy the 3 piece set intended for replacement of stock rubber mounts for the manual tranny. Just send me the info.

Thank you,

Tommy
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CorvetteFan86:

Hello Purple Reign, I was wondering if you still sell the poly 3800sc conversion mounts? If you do i would like to buy the 3 piece set intended for replacement of stock rubber mounts for the manual tranny. Just send me the info.

Thank you,

Tommy

Yes sir.

The 3 piece poly mount set should be $200 shipped....................I'm finishing some right now.

CorvetteFan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvetteFan86Click Here to visit CorvetteFan86's HomePageSend a Private Message to CorvetteFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is this still the correct paypal address ayoraway@yahoo.com?

Thanks,
Tommy

[This message has been edited by CorvetteFan86 (edited 12-20-2007).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

is this still the correct paypal address ayoraway@yahoo.com?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yep
PFF
System Bot
CorvetteFan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvetteFan86Click Here to visit CorvetteFan86's HomePageSend a Private Message to CorvetteFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paypal sent. thanks
85GT_3800SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2007 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Purple Reign. Just wondering what the status of my auto kit, ordered and paypaled on Nov. 25, is.(4t65e-hd). Thanks.......Al.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2007 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85GT_3800SC:

Hey, Purple Reign. Just wondering what the status of my auto kit, ordered and paypaled on Nov. 25, is.(4t65e-hd). Thanks.......Al.

They're next to me in a box, just need to get a shipping label on & get off my busy bum and send them
CorvetteFan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2007 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvetteFan86Click Here to visit CorvetteFan86's HomePageSend a Private Message to CorvetteFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shawn- do you have any low mount alt. brackets made up right now?
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I haven't read this entire thread, but do you have mounts that work well for an 88? I read in the beginning that the holes were a bit different.

Thanks!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

Sorry I haven't read this entire thread, but do you have mounts that work well for an 88? I read in the beginning that the holes were a bit different.

Thanks!

You're right, and they still are. It's just the one front lower engine mount that you'll need to mark on the "pad" of the cradle & redrill. Rather simple, and nobody has really had and issue with it.

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

shawn- do you have any low mount alt. brackets made up right now?

Yes I have 5 currently made.

I was going to get ahold of your dad cause I'm almost out of poly.

Bump

Update:
I checked the outgoing boxed and found the Canadian shipment was complete, and yours was missing the front half of the lower engine mount. I'll have it made up & out ASAP.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was going to get ahold of your dad cause I'm almost out of poly.

wow that was alot of poly. give him a call, im sure he'll work something out with you

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

wow that was alot of poly. give him a call, im sure he'll work something out with you

Cant find the #
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
952-237-3210 (jon)
PFF
System Bot
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have you ever mocked up a bracket to put the alt where the ac goes?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrisgtp:

have you ever mocked up a bracket to put the alt where the ac goes?

Cant say I have.........................this is only the second request for such an item. Most everyone wants thier A/C or at least have the option.
88formulaman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulamanSend a Private Message to 88formulamanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i need to get an alt bracket, i sent ya a pm but no response.
thanks

------------------
Glenn Lintemuth
A&P Mechanic
Colorado Springs, CO
88' Convertible "BeyondGT"
88' GT, white 5speed
89' K-5 Blazer on 44's
04' Silverado Ext Z71 on 33's

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2008 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88formulaman:

i need to get an alt bracket, i sent ya a pm but no response.
thanks

Sorry...................my time on the computer is rather infrequent. I try to check in at least 2 times a week. P.M. back
CorvetteFan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvetteFan86Click Here to visit CorvetteFan86's HomePageSend a Private Message to CorvetteFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Purple Reign,
I was just checking on the status of my poly mounts its the 3 piece set intended for replacement of stock rubber mounts for the manual tranny.

Thanks,
Tommy
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Tks Jim
Dracor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Purple, do you have a full set for the Manual Conversion made up?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry for the delay in response to P.M.'s

I had a really bad accident at the shop last week with a utility knife. I wound up with 2 deep lacerations in the left arm, lots of damage to muscle tissue, nerves, 1 artery, and 1 tendon. The blood was flowing so fast I thought I'd pass-out. Normally I'm alone at the shop at night ( which means I would have bleed to death ) but my mom stopped by to drop of parts when it happened. Got re-constructive surgery on Thursday, and they wont let me use it at all. Makes for really hard & slow typing. And of coarse no work

Hello Purple Reign,
I was just checking on the status of my poly mounts its the 3 piece set intended for replacement of stock rubber mounts for the manual tranny.
Thanks,
Tommy

You should definatly have these. Either wise let me know.

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

PM sent

Tks Jim

P.M. back

Originally posted by Dracor:

Hey Purple, do you have a full set for the Manual Conversion made up?

Working on them now. Should have more sets by the end of the week.
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good thing you're right handed

jk

hope you heal up quick.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR,
Sorry to hear about your accident. Do you still have some the low-alt bracket made up? I bought some motor mounts from you in September, I still haven't gotten around to using them, and I figure I better kick this winter project off or it won't be ready in the Spring. Let me know if you can still ship with the other hand...

Brian

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Business up front, party in the back...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

PR,
Sorry to hear about your accident. Do you still have some the low-alt bracket made up? I bought some motor mounts from you in September, I still haven't gotten around to using them, and I figure I better kick this winter project off or it won't be ready in the Spring. Let me know if you can still ship with the other hand...

Brian

Yes, thank GOD I'm ahead by 5 of those brackets. LMK when you want it.
CorvetteFan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvetteFan86Click Here to visit CorvetteFan86's HomePageSend a Private Message to CorvetteFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very sorry to hear that! I hope you get back to normal hopefully.

and thanks again,
Thomas

Sorry for the delay in response to P.M.'s

I had a really bad accident at the shop last week with a utility knife. I wound up with 2 deep lacerations in the left arm, lots of damage to muscle tissue, nerves, 1 artery, and 1 tendon. The blood was flowing so fast I thought I'd pass-out. Normally I'm alone at the shop at night ( which means I would have bleed to death ) but my mom stopped by to drop of parts when it happened. Got re-constructive surgery on Thursday, and they wont let me use it at all. Makes for really hard & slow typing. And of coarse no work

Working on them now. Should have more sets by the end of the week.

MordacP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MordacPSend a Private Message to MordacPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, just to be sure. With these mounts, I can stick a 3800SC in my fiero? It sounds too good to be true.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR, do you have a website with your products?

thx
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MordacP:

So, just to be sure. With these mounts, I can stick a 3800SC in my fiero? It sounds too good to be true.

Correct.

Although you will want to install a dogbone, and of course finish the conversion

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

PR, do you have a website with your products?

thx

Not yet. Been working on that, and had a small shop site put together, but put it on the back-burner cause I'm partnering up with a buddy and taking the website to a MUCH BIGGER level. About the size of a Jeg's or Summit Racing.
CorvetteFan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CorvetteFan86Click Here to visit CorvetteFan86's HomePageSend a Private Message to CorvetteFan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purple Reign, when you see this please e-mail me.

Thanks,
Thomas
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey

I need the front conversion bracket.
PM me and I'll give you my info.

Thanks
Ryan
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi PR,
I have an ACE converted 3800sc Series 1 88 Coupe. My Alt is on top. Is there a lower alt bracket for this combo? How much if so? Also since the alt is where a dogbone would go, is there a bracket so I can mount a dogbone on top as I don't have one now?

Thanks,
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

A1MEFGT8488

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A1MEFGT8488Send a Private Message to A1MEFGT8488Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Purple Reign,
I'd like to get a set for 88 cradle when available. Let me know, Thanks.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Hi PR,
I have an ACE converted 3800sc Series 1 88 Coupe. My Alt is on top. Is there a lower alt bracket for this combo? How much if so? Also since the alt is where a dogbone would go, is there a bracket so I can mount a dogbone on top as I don't have one now?

Thanks,
Paul

At the beginning of this thread I showed a pic & pricing on the low Alt/dogbone bracket assembly. This is just one of a couple ways of solving the alternator & motor mount issue. Loyde also make a solution to this, so let me know which one you'd like.

Originally posted by A1MEFGT8488:

Hello Purple Reign,
I'd like to get a set for 88 cradle when available. Let me know, Thanks.

Not a problem. I'll keep everyone updated as fast as they get done.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not a problem. I'll keep everyone updated as fast as they get done.

Hi PR,

I looked at the beginning of the post but is states that I have to have the original bracket off my car. My car was converted by ACE to 3800sc series 1 and I do not have the piece you are talking about. What should I do?

Thanks!
Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2008 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Hi PR,

I looked at the beginning of the post but is states that I have to have the original bracket off my car. My car was converted by ACE to 3800sc series 1 and I do not have the piece you are talking about. What should I do?

Thanks!
Paul

My bad.......................I should have looked closer to your post. This works for a series 2, but I am working on doing this to the series 1 for "KEV". I haven't yet figured out how to do the mount part yet.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock