Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  3.4TDC/4.9l/3800(SC) Swap kits and parts (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
3.4TDC/4.9l/3800(SC) Swap kits and parts by FriendOfYours
Started on: 02-29-2012 11:28 PM
Replies: 308
Last post by: rogers9280 on 08-27-2013 09:50 PM
FriendOfYours

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-29-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Check out our other products!

F23 Transmission Kits

Big Brake Adapters

Polish and Powder Coating

True dual equal length 3800 Headers

FOYRacing

Feel free to call us at:

(203) 433-2835

Our hours of operation are 9AM-6PM PST Monday - Friday

Tell us you're from the Pennock's and you'll be guaranteed the pricing you see below

Kits are offered in "barebones" (no a/c, emissions, c/c etc), fully loaded with all features and everything in between. Manual, 4t60e and 4t65e(hd) combinations.

Our prices are better! Our welds are better! Our steel is thicker!

Myself and our other welder are both WABO certified with two decades of experience and can guarantee our welds are pleasing to the eye and will last forever. All mounting brackets, including low mount and delete brackets, are powder coated.

As of right now these are for factory Fiero manual transmissions ie. Isuzu Muncie Getrag. There are plans to make F23 linkage brackets and mounts. But, for now this is what we can do

OBD1 for 4.9l and 3.4TDC
OBD1.5 for 3.4TDC
OBD2 for 3800(SC)

All parts are for sale individually as well and priced in BLUE

Kits consist of:

Engine and transmission mounting brackets, including torque strut/dogbone, and rubber mounts $280 Auto $220 Manual
Power steering / A/C delete pulley brackets (if needed) $130
Plug and play wiring harness
Air Intake tube, filter and fittings $55
ECM/PCM chipped/tuned to function in Fiero with no CEL and deleted VATS. $130 for PCM $50 for tune/chip
Modified thermostat housing/inline filler $70 ONLY WITH CORE
Shift cable bracket for auto transmissions $70
Throttle cable bracket and crimp $45
Coil pack/Ignition module mount for 3.4TDC and 3800(sc) $55
Custom Flywheel for 3800/4.9 manual swaps $320 3800 / $180 4.9
Axles for Automatic swaps $215 for PAIR All axles must be used with our mounting kit.
Exhaust crossover for manual swaps if needed. This includes getrag/isuzu/muncie 4.9l/3.4TDC and Muncie 3800(sc) combinations $180 w/o core $120 W/core
List of additional required off-the-shelf part numbers

Certain parts will be interchanged depending on needed configuration

All prices are before shipping and there is a $100 core charge for engine harnesses

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic kits start at $1150

Custom 3" to Dual 2.5" trunk friendly exhausts are available for an additional $400

Low mount alternator brackets are also available for an additional $75

We offer complete kits! This kit includes every nut, bolt, exhaust piece, hose, belt, mount, bracket needed to build a turn-key swap. No additional parts will need to be purchased other than engine and transmission.

This kit is priced at $1800 for both automatic and manual swaps

We can provide also provide an engine/transmission w/90 day warranty. The cost is on a case by case basis and can be discussed individually

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motor mounts are a 5 point "bolt-on" system with only a hand drill needed for slight hole adjustment in the cradle. Mounts are 1/4 and 3/8 inch mild steel. Myself and our other welder are both WABO certified and can guarantee our welds are pleasing to the eye and will last forever. All mounting brackets, including low mount and delete brackets, are powder coated.

Automatic kit 3800 and low alternator mount at top middle

Wiring Harness

4t65e-hd axle

Shift bracket

Thermostat housing

Late style low mount alternator off car

Low mount alternator bracket

Early low mount alternator bracker

Belt to go with it is a 6 rib 80" in circumference and you also will need Dayco 89004 idler

4.9 Flywheel and centering rings

3800SC Flywheel turned down to .840 and balanced

3800SC:

Previous/Current in house 4.9l Build(s)

3.4TDC pics and many more HIGH QUALITY swap pics coming very soon!

I welcome all questions and concerns. Feel free to post them here or PM me

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 10-20-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Wish you success w/ this though I doubt a genie is needed. Something for which the people have been requesting for years...

Question: Will you also sell individual parts, as needed?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2012 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
Yes! All parts are for sale. I have not come up with pricing for individual parts just yet. But, I'm sure I can work out a deal with anyone needing some pieces

Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have a completed 4.9 Getrag 5spd 87GT right now, and your parts list has me intrigued.

I will soon be in the market for a new exhaust. I'm going to need everything form the manifolds to the tips and it must be trunk friendly. I am in Surrey British Columbia Canada at the moment but drive down to Portland about once a month or month and a half. The car is off the road at the moment while I am doing ignition and nitrous upgrades. I am worried that my current exhaust won't flow enough when I hit the button on the nitrous system. Its only a 75hp shot, but it will be used in the 3000-5500rpm range to give the 4.9 that extra rpms that it does not have.

I may also be interested in your mounting system for the engine as even in semi stock I am tearing up my current 5 point mounting system. Pics of everything you can supply for the 4.9 might be a good idea, so I can put together a shopping list.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

I may also be interested in your mounting system for the engine as even in semi stock I am tearing up my current 5 point mounting system. Pics of everything you can supply for the 4.9 might be a good idea, so I can put together a shopping list.

That must be because of the manual, as my 4.9 5-point mounting system with the automatic doesn't move at all. I'm using a mounting system very similar what will be available here.

Now my question is, this is only for the factory fiero manual transmissions, correct?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I will have pictures of individual parts very soon, hopefully all pretty and powder coated by this weekend

As of right now these are for factory Fiero manual transmissions. There are plans to make F23 linkage brackets and mounts. But, for now this is what we can do
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
whats the average wait time for a kit? im still searching for my motor but if i find one close enough ill just say F it and go get a loan and just get this all done.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2012 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
What motor and transmission?

I have enough parts to make up (2) 4.9l kits, (1) 3800 kit, and (1) 3.4TDC right now
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
3.4TDC with a 5speed getrag. looking for obd1 or 1.5 due to smog reasons.

how do you go about the exhaust work? wiring and welding are my flawed areas. bolt on is my perferred method. i can do minor fab whits is cut/drill/bolt.

edit: also needing the 3.4TDC motor. seeing as finding one nearby that hasnt been filled with rainwater is near impossible.

[This message has been edited by outlawfiero17 (edited 03-01-2012).]

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2012 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I can ship the exhaust completely welded or just Manifold flange->90*->180* and the rest can easily be clamped together.

I have two 92s and a 96 from a Monte Carlo. The 92s are labeled as less than 100k with 160-170 compression and the 96 I pulled and has 79k miles on it and all are about 170. Numbers are COLD

PMd about motors

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 03-02-2012).]

marc-alan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanDirect Link to This Post
pm sent about 3.4 TDC kit
PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by marc-alan:

pm sent about 3.4 TDC kit

Replied
fierofan25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Direct Link to This Post
how much for just the automatic transmission shifter bracket for the 3800 4t65-e transmission. I need 2 please
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofan25:

how much for just the automatic transmission shifter bracket for the 3800 4t65-e transmission. I need 2 please

$45 shipped each

Guess I need to put up pricing
701GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTDirect Link to This Post
i also need a shift bracket for the 4t65e im using a 3.4 TDC engine. do you have pics of it? need mounts too but looks like you are only doing manual trans mounts right now i can make them but would like to to have some that are proven to work in an 88gt
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting. I'll be watching as this all develops further.
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 701GT:

i also need a shift bracket for the 4t65e im using a 3.4 TDC engine. do you have pics of it? need mounts too but looks like you are only doing manual trans mounts right now i can make them but would like to to have some that are proven to work in an 88gt

I'm on vacation but I'll have plenty of pics Monday! We are certainly building automatic mounts and have several 4t65e sets sitting on the shelf at the shop ready to go out
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
I'd like a price for the upper and lower engine mounts for the 3800SC.
that upper one is exactly what I have been waiting for, I've had an idea in my head and you beat me to it

are the mounts painted or powdercoated?

Thanks!!
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2012 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
The mounts if you buy them in the kit are powder coated, if purchased separately it's an extra $25 over paint

Auto or Manual? 5 mounts for auto is $270 shipped or 3 mounts for manual is $175

These come with brackets and motor mounts.
701GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTDirect Link to This Post
the first post says "axles" for automatic swaps $215 is that for the pair or each?

[This message has been edited by 701GT (edited 03-03-2012).]

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-03-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
That is for the pair
PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2012 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
All parts now have prices
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I just happen to be in Seattle right now, are you available to have someone come by and take a look at some of your parts. My cell is 604-807-2623 I'll be around here till about 4pm then heading back to Canada. I am near Roxbury and 35th at the moment. (near the Seattle Public Library) It would just be a quick visit as I have my wife and 2 year old daughter with me. Wanted to try and explain what I'll need in a down pipe, or find out from you, what manifolds I would need in order to use your exhaust system.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2012 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I didn't catch your post in time. Our shop is actually located in Tacoma. The exhaust listed under Previous 4.9(s), in the OP, has a cruddy picture of the exhaust we build. It utilizes the earlier year Deville manifolds which we have a few pairs of on hand. The sky is the limit though. If you wanted to go true dual or something we can cook that up as well
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
hey im always about in tacoma. military send me up there every 6 months or so. next time im up there could i stop by and take a look at what im saving up for?
fierofan25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Direct Link to This Post
what about wiring harness?

Originally posted by FriendOfYours:

All parts now have prices

FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2012 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
There are some good guys on here that already provide great harnesses at excellent prices. I don't want to take any business from them

If you need a harness I would contact phonedawgz or fieroflyer

Originally posted by outlawfiero17:

hey im always about in tacoma. military send me up there every 6 months or so. next time im up there could i stop by and take a look at what im saving up for?

Absolutely! I would be glad to show anyone what we have going on. We usually have a couple different swaps around, so you could even take a quick spin

[This message has been edited by FriendOfYours (edited 03-07-2012).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
FYI, that blue text in your first post is very hard to read... Am I the only one?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

FYI, that blue text in your first post is very hard to read... Am I the only one?

Looks fine on all the monitors in my house. All the other colors looked off with the dark background
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yea its pretty hard to read. That teal/lite blue color below it is much easier to read.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Looks fine on all the monitors in my house. All the other colors looked off with the dark background

Maybe it was just my monitor; although it is a new 23" LED 1080p full HD display...

That light blue text is MUCH easier to see
PFF
System Bot
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2012 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
You said full HD twice and I'd take 1920x1200 any day
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

I'll have to send you a PM a day or so in advance before I come up again.

Now as to your quote above, I would totally agree. I run dual monitors, a 24" and a 27" and they both max out at 1920x1080 and it sucks. I actually run my browser at 90% zoom just so I can get a bit more screen real-estate.

outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post

Absolutely! I would be glad to show anyone what we have going on. We usually have a couple different swaps around, so you could even take a quick spin

[/QUOTE]

i will definitely take you up on that next time im up there.

701GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTDirect Link to This Post
any pics of the 3.4 TDC stuff yet?
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

ummm.... ok....

My point being was; I am not using some old, out dated display...
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
How much for the 3.4 DOHC thermostat housing without core? Do you have any pics?

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe. 3.4 DOHC swap is underway!

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
You asked at one point for a pic of my upper solid mount. I am embarrassed to show how rust it has gotten. I should have clear coated it after polishing it and didn't. Its 2 pieces from a 4 link drag system that were for a 69 Camaro that did not get used. The bracket is mounted to a steel plate that is bolted to the trunk wall, and then bolted to the drivers side of the head. My problem is the passenger side of the engine is now doing all the moving around. I was almost thinking about putting another mount over there.

More pics of the car and mount is here, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121434.html I am also in desperate need of a crossover pipe that connects to the 2 caddy manifolds and then connects to roughly where the stock Fiero exhaust system would be. This crossover was designed to be used with the stock Fiero exhaust. However the pipes are just too small, and my high temp paint that was suppose to keep the pipes from rusting has failed miserably.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2012 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
Could you post a picture of the 3.4tdc kit?
FriendOfYours

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendOfYoursSend a Private Message to FriendOfYoursDirect Link to This Post
We are in the middle of moving to Roy, WA from Tacoma. Much bigger shop

The 3.4TDC guy has backed out due to lack of funds so it will take a while before we can get them out

Capt, are you using a stock fiero exhaust or did you get one made to match the original route? What type of flange does it use to connect to the crossover? I have a dogbone kit ready and can whip up a crossover in no time.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock