Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  12" brake upgrade for an 88 coming for sale (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
12" brake upgrade for an 88 coming for sale by GSXRBOBBY
Started on: 09-19-2004 09:50 PM
Replies: 237
Last post by: GSXRBOBBY on 06-03-2005 09:11 PM
GSXRBOBBY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I have the brackets needed to install the 12" Corvette rotors on the 88's Fiero. I am going to have extra made up soon "that is if I can get enough buyers I can also get the rotors and have them drilled to the Fiero 5X100 bolt pattern so its going to be a complete brake swap.
Not really sure what the final price is going to be, maybe around $225 all said and done?

Feel free to ask question here or e-mail me.
Is there anybody wanting in?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
My build thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/048624.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Put me first in line. I just started rebuilding my calipers and the next step was to figure out how to get the brackets made.

------------------

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
If my fiero was on the road, I might be interested. Question though, the stock wheels won't fit anymore, right?
Fieroguy65

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieroguy65Send a Private Message to Fieroguy65Direct Link to This Post
Definitely interested! LMK

Greg

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
If it's within that $250 range I might be interested.

Jess
88 GT T-TOP
and INDY

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pHoOl:

If my fiero was on the road, I might be interested. Question though, the stock wheels won't fit anymore, right?

Correct. You'll need 16" wheels at minimum, and possibly 17".

AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in the rears... I've got a 85 with 88 craddle.
Scott
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2004 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested also in amybe a few sets. Will the 225 be for just the brackets?
newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
I'm in for sure. I recently added 17's and the stock rotor looks too small. I'd also be interested in getting the drilled rotors too if you get drilled/slotted rotors. I'm sure the more you get done the cheaper it'll be.
BioDeathWalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BioDeathWalkerClick Here to visit BioDeathWalker's HomePageSend a Private Message to BioDeathWalkerDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested as well.
jaygt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2004 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaygtClick Here to visit jaygt's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaygtDirect Link to This Post
bobby how much just for the brackets. thanks
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be talking with the place that is going to be the ones making the braket from mine and they will also drill the rotors. I will keep you guys up to date as I find out. This may take a small amount of time, again I will let you all know as I find out anything.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
So how close is the design of these brackets to the WCF brackets? Do you have any pictures? What kind of material are you using and what thickness? I must not have gotten the memo that everybody else got....it seems like these are basic questions that nobody asked. If you've already posted somewhere, please put up a link. Thanks!

Bryce
88 GT

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I'm working out the details this week. I am not really sure just what I am going to do as far as a complete package, just brackets, only brackets, brackets and rotor pre drilled, drilled with brackets or all of the above? The brackets will be steel and they will be ready to go for sure! The rotors are going to be harder since they sell for min. $43.00 predrilled. West Coast Fiero sells only the brackets for $210 "I'm told."

I have a set and I was just going to make an extra set for me but then I thought I would just help everyone else out and make extras, plus it would help bring down the cost for me a little, that way everyone wins, RIGHT?

They will be close to West Coast Fiero's, just made a bit larger so they are stronger, with more support, just to be safe.
They are not made yet so I don't have pictures, what I do have is just a start of what I want the final product to be.
They will most likely be 1/16" thicker than WCF's
And no there wasn't a memo, just me looking to see if there was people on here that would like to buy them if I have them done?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Don't forget the hub-centric rings, too. This is a future mod, so I won't be getting it right away, but I'll be following your progress for when the time comes. I have to get 17" wheels first.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
You can get 12" corvette rotors from www.rockauto.com for $12 each, plus shipping. Of course, they will still need to be drilled. Let's hear it for the Chinese!

------------------
Thanks Aus!
More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I was going to ask about the concentric rings. What model vette rotors does it use anyway? I know its a C4, but what year? I beleive they changed throughout the run of the C4. I want to get some cross-drilled/slotted rotors rather than just the basic.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
1988 front corvette, non-HD rotors.
newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
Is 1988 the only model year? I thought it was more than just one year that would work.
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post

Question though, the stock wheels won't fit anymore, right?

I've run stock GT wheels on an '88 with the 12" Vette rotors. It's tight, but they fit with about 1/8" clearance. I make my own brackets, they are not the same as the WCF ones. If WCF says they don't fit then I'd believe them, but mine do fit.

Jon

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I would definitely be interested in this brake upgrade. Let me know guys. $225 for the rotors and brackets and hub centric rings? That's a bad ass deal if it comes through. Keep me in mind and email me if anything comes up.

rare88@cox.net

-Amir

PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

I would definitely be interested in this brake upgrade. Let me know guys. $225 for the rotors and brackets and hub centric rings? That's a bad ass deal if it comes through. Keep me in mind and email me if anything comes up.

rare88@cox.net

-Amir

Not really sure we can get all that within $225.00, I know we are going to be close getting the brackets done and have your rotors drilled for that amount, unless I can get a good deal on rotors, and rotors from over seas, no thank you!!!
88 to 94 front Vette rotors, and they should fit under a 16", 15" maybe pushing it....but then again there is no way I am keeping the stock size wheels on.

Again this is a work in progress so not really sure just when they will be ready or done or even ready to order. Now I am just looking to see if other will want in.

Rockcrawl, how much are your brackets and who does the drilling on your rotors?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

newfie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfieSend a Private Message to newfieDirect Link to This Post
bump this to the top to keep interest
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I have a 12" kit for my 84, problem is that I'm switching to an 88 cradle. I'd be interested in just a set of brakets to do the rears...
88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2004 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Is the price for one or two axles? When are you expecting availability? Will 16" wheels definitely clear? Thanks

------------------
88 Formula, T-Tops,auto, 3.2 V6, roller chain, roller tip rockers, h260 cam, Darrell Morse throttle body, 19lb injectors, Spintech muffler, K&N ,

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I am going tomorrow to talk to them and then I have a second guy to talk with about doing this, so a price is not set.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Well, this is going to be a similar kit to what West Coast Fieros is offering, C4 rotors using OEM 88 calipers. According to their website, 15" wheels will NOT fit. You must use 16" or larger.

http://www.westcoastfiero.com/brakes/Brakes.html

They sell the mounting kit for $216.60 and the complete 4 wheel kit, including re-drilled U.S. made rotors is $595.00.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
If I can beat those prices is there anybody on here that would like a set of mounting brakets and inner ring and/or redrilled rotors? I went and talked with the guy today and we worked most of the question out, he is going to be looking into a few things and getting back with me sometime this week.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

If I can beat those prices is there anybody on here that would like a set of mounting brakets and inner ring and/or redrilled rotors? I went and talked with the guy today and we worked most of the question out, he is going to be looking into a few things and getting back with me sometime this week.

Absolutely! Look foward to it.

BioDeathWalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BioDeathWalkerClick Here to visit BioDeathWalker's HomePageSend a Private Message to BioDeathWalkerDirect Link to This Post
Yes, but depends on how much you beat their prices by
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:

You can get 12" corvette rotors from www.rockauto.com for $12 each, plus shipping. Of course, they will still need to be drilled. Let's hear it for the Chinese!

Good price on the rotors, too bad they want $360. to ship them here..........LOL

PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
BioDeathWalker, how about by one $1.00? Just joking, if its not cheaper for me to do it and have someone else make them than thats fine by me, I am just going to try to get us all a good deal with some high quailty products. So lets just see what how many wants to join in and what the final price is going to be, the more we make the lower the price is going to be.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2004 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

BioDeathWalker, how about by one $1.00? Just joking, if its not cheaper for me to do it and have someone else make them than thats fine by me, I am just going to try to get us all a good deal with some high quailty products. So lets just see what how many wants to join in and what the final price is going to be, the more we make the lower the price is going to be.

Count me in.

jaygt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2004 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaygtClick Here to visit jaygt's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaygtDirect Link to This Post
sure if you beat wcf by enough i am in for sure. i have an 88. just the brackets and rings. will watch the thread.
i have the corvette calipers but i dont think i can use the same brackets for them as well. no biggie if the price is right.
PontiacJ8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2004 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post
^Bump^ Before I go to bed....
Any updates?
PontiacJ8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post
Dual Bumpers!
I'd really like to know more info. on this. How's it coming?
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Went to the shop over the weekend and we sat down and talked it all out, they are going to be getting back to me soon. However to keep the cost down we are going to be doing this as a side project for them. So there is not really going to be a big push, but I would like to see enough people join so we can have 12 or more done, I may even pay for an extra dozen and just sell them on Ebay plus hold a few for us for new forum memebers wanting them or guys needing replacements.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
If the price is right I will take one set forsure and maybe even 2 sets. Keep eveyone posted.
88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Definitely interested, keep us posted on updates and pics when available. Thanks

------------------
88 Formula, T-Tops,auto, 3.2 V6, roller chain, roller tip rockers, h260 cam, Darrell Morse throttle body, 19lb injectors, Spintech muffler, K&N ,

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Im in, but can't do it for 6 months. Leaving next week for a 6 month deployment for Uncle Sam.

rob

------------------

88 TTop coupe (CJB #95), 96 3.4DOHC/5 speed in progress

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock