Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: Please pray for the salvation of Wichita by Boostdreamer
Started on: 04-23-2013 09:57 PM
Replies: 566
Last post by: Australian on 05-30-2013 07:09 AM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
To all Christians on Pennocks,

I have asked forum member Wichita if he would give me permission to pray for him. I also asked for permission to change my signature to include a request for prayer for him. I have asked his permission to start this thread and to ask each of you to pray for his salvation and to add his name to your personal prayer lists as well as your church prayer lists. I wil also be PM'ing him some scriptures from time to time.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/100372.html

Why am I doing this and how did this get started? Very simply because he is one of the most "vocal" members here who takes the stance that there is no God. He also states that prayer has no effect. I hope for his perception of these topics to change drastically. Because he is so opinionated, I believe that if he gives his life to Jesus, he will have a wonderful impact on everyone he comes in contact with. Lord knows you just can't shut him up!!

So, what can you do to help?
1. Join me in remembering him in your prayers by asking that he find Jesus.
2. Contact your church and add him to the prayer list.
3. If you have a favorite scripture that you'd like for him to read, PLEASE PM IT TO ME so that I can forward it to him.
4. Please use this thread to offer encouragement to Wichita. Let him know that he is on your mind and you care about him. Share something that God has done for you. Be positive.

As this thread gets bumped, please let it be a reminder to pray for him. You won't even have to open it to do that. If you have time, I hope that if you do read the messages posted here, you will be blessed by them.

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121056.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I think your signature has the wrong thread.

I think the link you are looking for is this:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/100372.html#p17

EDIT: Wichita on prayer:

Originally posted by Wichita:

I have opened my mind to know Christ. Many of the faithful claim that unbelievers in the deity of Jesus is just a person who has a closed mind and closed heart.

I can tell that I know more about the History of Christianity and the Bible than you do. I have looked, studied, read, grew up within the Religion and still attend Church.

What I have done is actually opened my mind and came up with the conclusion that Christianity is a religion (a massive cult following) and Jesus is not God nor was the son of God.

Sure! Somebody can deny that the Sun rises and sets across the sky everyday and others can tell him that it does. But the person who is so unshaken in his faith that the Sun never rises or sets and what we are really witnessing is Jesus opening and closing his eyes and then you claim that those who do not believe in what you do has a closed mind and heart.

Here is the major difference between agnostic/atheists and God-fearing Christians. Atheists don't care, and I don't care, what they hell you believe in so long as you are not harming other people or their property. Because it doesn't really matter what harmless little belief or fairytails you think are real, like kids who believe in Santa. It's a very harmless belief so long as it doesn't go to somebody's head who is in a position of authority. Because we all will met the same fate and that is we will all die, lights out we are gone forever.

But what you believe, you have serious issues with those who do not. You view them as soulless and going to hell to burn in eternity. And you are the special chosen one who gets to walk around heaven that is paved in gold, with half-naked chicks with bird wings playing harps. You have a personal mission to try to convert people to believe in what you believe in.

Atheists/Agnostics have no desire to try to convert people. We make speak about it and debate religion, but if you continue to want to believe in a Jesus God, then that's fine. Somebody like you who somewhat believes in Christianity worries about others who are not and say they will pray for them (when they never really do).

Don't worry! The future generations of your family will not be Christian, that I can assure you. You are the last vestige of believers. Future generations will not be indoctrinated, plus knowledge in history and science negates anybody really needing or believing in religion.

I don't hate you the same you do me.

Sorry that you are offended. The Youtube I posted is a classic example of why you hate.

So not believing in Jesus as the Son of God and Scandals in Vatican is considered narrow minded ?

Just pray for me.Although I know you won't.

The sad thing is that many and I mean many people believe in the power of prayer. In fact if the prayer doesn't heal the people, they believe they didn't pray hard enough.

What is sad is that people will post request here on PFF asking for prayers for somebody who is ill or terminally ill, thinking that maybe mass prayers will help the person, but it never does.

That is why I don't post to "need prayers" threads because it is all fake for the person saying they will pray for the person.

There is no power in prayer and there is no God listening. Might as well accept the hard reality of that, or just pray for me.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 04-23-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I think your signature has the wrong thread.

I think the link you are looking for is this:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/100372.html#p17

That is my build thread. I refer to it in some of my posts so I left it there. I couldn't add a link to this thread until it was posted so it is not shown in the first one. I've got it in there now!

------------------
Jonathan

Please join me in prayer that forum member Wichita gives his life to the Lord Jesus.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/100383.html

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I saw the title and thought this was going to be a troll thread... oh, well.
1985FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985FieroGTSend a Private Message to 1985FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
I've been praying for everyones salvation on here...
mferrell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mferrellSend a Private Message to mferrellDirect Link to This Post
Prayers going out for Wichita.. Wichita God has changed my life so much. A few years ago My life got turned upside down by an illness that my wife came down with that has disabled her. We have spent over three years finding out a diagnosis. There was times that I considered doing things that are definitely not in my character. Not to mention losing her income almost bankrupted us. The stress was more than I could bear. During this time I found Christ or rather he found me. Today I am a youth leader and a deacon in my church. I still have a lot of the same problems but now I can turn my problems over to my God who will take care of our problems IF we just have the faith to turn them over to Him. We are no longer having to consider bankruptcy. And we are both happier than we have been in years. Scripture says "God will provide". When you have problems if you will turn them over to him in Faith God will provide the solution. The solution is not always the one we want, but the one God wants. And that one is always the best one for us, We may not know it at the time but we will someday.
Salvation is an easy thing to receive. All you have to do is believe in what Jesus did for us on the cross. That he died there and was resurrected three days later to take the sin of the world (past present and future) to the grave that we wouldn't have to. If you believe these things and ask him to save you He will. Now the most important thing to know, You can't obtain salvation thru your own works(by living the ten commandments, aka the law). Scripture says that the only one to ever live The Law was Jesus. So If you don't obtain Salvation thru your own works, then you can't lose Salvation thru works.
I will shut up for now but if you have any questions and would like to talk to me, I would be glad to speak with you. PM me and I would be glad to give you my phone number so we could speak.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Can you all pray for me too? You know, just in case...
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

Scoot over and share.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I need took be more vocal so I can get my own prayer network, too. I also want to waste the time of a whole bunch of people I don't know and who don't know me!

You're a lucky bastard, Wichita!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 04-23-2013).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Damn, I need took be more vocal so I can get my own prayer network, too. I also want to waste the time of a whole bunch of people I don't know and who don't know me!

You're a lucky bastard, Wichita!

No kidding. Talk about "renting space".

Who cares what he believes. He's entitled to the same freedom to believe or not as anyone else. I find it ironic that everyone prays for him to "find God", or "..accept Jesus", or the like. Not much being prayed for his general well being, although he might need that as little as he needs the other. Just odd that everyone seems to be praying for him to come back to their preferred religion, not much else.

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 04-24-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Scoot over and share.

Yeah right! These buckets of popcorn are like 8 bucks! Buy your own.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:
I have asked his permission to start this thread and to ask each of you to pray for his salvation

Is it Christians only or can I pray to Allah that he comes to Islam? Curious to see which one works first...
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

Is it Christians only or can I pray to Allah that he comes to Islam? Curious to see which one works first...

And are the different Christian sects, ooops, denominations working together on this or are they competing? Questions, questions... :-)
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

Yeah right! These buckets of popcorn are like 8 bucks! Buy your own.

Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

Ok, $8 bucks, hang on.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2013 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

Ok, $8 bucks, hang on.

<pppsssstttt......Insider tip for ya>.....production cost for that bucket is around 39 cents. 43 if they paid my rates to fix the machine.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistDirect Link to This Post
This thread is MUCH more fun if you replace the words "God" and "Jesus" with the word "Bacon".

Just sayin'.

I'll send good vibes out to him, and the others in this thread, and those who read it, and those who open a browser, and those who wake up today and are alive (as opposed to those who wake up dead, they're already in a better place -( Bacon Heaven!)

I for one hope the Hindu's have it right, and Witchy gets up three days's afer he dies, puts his arm around Zombie Jesus, and they both point at your graves and say "Ha-Ha"!

Actually, this is not accurate, as they both would be pointing downward...but you get the drift.

(Not that I want to see you in your graves, mind you)

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 04-24-2013).]

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Wichita, I prayed for you last night. I'll continue.

This thread certainly has generated some interest. The responses here and the mocking threads made to look similar give me a glimpse of what it must have been like in the days preceding the flood.

I have been PM'd that others are joining with me and that Wichita isn't the only one on their lists.

Everyone have a blessed day!

------------------
Jonathan

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/100383.html

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.

1 Corinthians 13:2
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I told my sister who's a Pagan about this discussion. She said she would cast a spell for all of you.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
Love never fails.
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
I guess I don't understand the mocking comments in the thread.

Maybe you guys can pretend you aren't mocking--you're just having fun.

I don't believe in God, and I don't believe in the power of prayer. I don't desire anyone wasting their time praying for me, but if someone told me they were going to, and they were going to tell other Christians to as well, I would be thankful that they care for my well-being. Wouldn't do much... but I'd be thankful. No sense in making a joke out of something very important to other people.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Why do people believe they have the right to pray for others? As if someone has power over someone else's soul? Also, why single out a few individuals, why not pray for humanity in general?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

.....................The responses here and the mocking threads made to look similar give me a glimpse of what it must have been like in the days preceding the flood. .....................

Everyone have a blessed day!

This reminds me a little of the Apostle Paul's travels. He would go to the Temples (PFF) on the sabbath to bring his message because in those days, the Temple was a place where everyone was allowed to speak to anything (TOT). He would witness in a town, then move to the next town to witness on the next sabbath. He endured a lot of threats, harassment and nay-saying from the Greeks and the Jews but he continued. He came to Corinth, which by all accounts was a very wicked city and he stayed for a year and a half to bring the message.

Fiero_Fan_88 asked if this was limited to Christians. I guess it doesn't matter if it's Allah, Buddah, Jehovah, Virgin Mary or whoever you believe in, as long as the result is the same.

And Ron, I'll put in a request for you, too.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 04-24-2013).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Why do people believe they have the right to pray for others? As if someone has power over someone else's soul? Also, why single out a few individuals, why not pray for humanity in general?

And some Christian sects even baptize people posthumously without their consent. But they mean well, right?

I think that the tone and probably the intention of the OP was nice but the concept is condescending.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Why do people believe they have the right to pray for others?

Freedom of speech ? Freedom of thought ? Do those that do, infringe on the rights of the ones that they pray for ?
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Freedom of speech ? Freedom of thought ? Do those that do, infringe on the rights of the ones that they pray for ?

If gods existed and/or intervened in an individuals actions or circumstances, that would definitely infringe on the "victim's" right to self-determination!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Upon departing, do you ever say "Have A Nice Day" or anything to that effect without asking their permission to wish that upon them?

Of course, all wishes and prayers aren't always answered. In the immortal words of Mick Jagger "You Caint Always Git What You Want!"
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Do those that do, infringe on the rights of the ones that they pray for ?

Yes.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by fierofool:

Upon departing, do you ever say "Have A Nice Day" or anything to that effect without asking their permission to wish that upon them?

Of course, all wishes and prayers aren't always answered. In the immortal words of Mick Jagger "You Caint Always Git What You Want!"

What if you prayed for someone to be harmed, or that their soul never achieve peace? (like a hex or spell).

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

If gods existed and/or intervened in an individuals actions or circumstances, that would definitely infringe on the "victim's" right to self-determination!

exactly. What if I worshiped Zeus, and a Christian prayed for me. Zeus might find that offensive and hold it against me. (note... I am not a greek god worshiper, just using it as an example)

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

What if you prayed for someone to be harmed, or that their soul never achieve peace? (like a hex or spell).

See Mick Jagger quote above

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Dang, the prayers might be working. Last night I pulled out and dusted off the old bible from the bookshelf and read a couple of passages. This morning I get in the vehicle and radio had a Christian pastor was preaching a sermon.

Maybe this is working. My eyes are still closed and I'm not feeling the love from the Holy Ghost yet, but keep me in your prayers. You might just save a soul.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Thats not a prayer, not to God.

Mark 11:25
And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Luke 6:28
Bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-24-2013).]

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

You mean like Waylon Jennings telling Buddy Holly that he hoped his plane would crash?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

What if you prayed for someone to be harmed

(posted earlier at PFF but somewhat relevant here)
MT. VERNON, TEXAS … WHOREHOUSE SUES LOCAL CHURCH OVER LIGHTNING STRIKE!

Diamond D's brothel began construction on an expansion of their building to increase their ever-growing business. In response, the local Baptist Church across the street started a campaign to block the business from expanding -- with morning, afternoon, and evening prayer sessions at their church. Work on Diamond D's progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the whorehouse and burned it to the ground!

After the cat-house was burned to the ground by the lightning strike, the church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of prayer."
But late last week 'Big Jugs' Jill Diamond, the owner/madam, sued the church, the preacher and the entire congregation on the grounds that the church ... "was ultimately responsible for the demise of her building and her business -- either through direct or indirect divine actions or means."
In its reply to the court, the church vehemently and voraciously denied any and all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.
The crusty old judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply, and at the opening hearing he commented, "I don't know how the he[[ I'm going to decide this case, but it appears from the paperwork, that we now have a whorehouse owner who staunchly believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that thinks it's all bullshite!"

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

If therre was any truth to that idea, I'da had an entire industry wiped off the planet by now .....LOL, once told a cop I hoped my boss burned to death in a drunk driving crash, and the hope was so strong I could feel the heat, smell the burning flesh and hear the screams...ROTFFLMAO !!!!!---you have never in your life seen such a look of shock on a mans face.

(Hey, ya cant pizz off when my shift is over, I gotta do SOMETHIN to make ya go away, and beltin ya one would land me in jail )

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-24-2013).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

And some Christian sects even baptize people posthumously without their consent. But they mean well, right?

Is there a concern that an athiest might be baptized against his/her will? Since an athiest doesn't believe in the religion or baptism, how is this any more concern than someone watering the grass over their grave? I would think it would be of no more conern to an athiest than sending a letter to Santa on behalf of the deceased.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Is there a concern that an athiest might be baptized against his/her will? Since an athiest doesn't believe in the religion or baptism, how is this any more concern than someone watering the grass over their grave? I would think it would be of no more conern to an athiest than sending a letter to Santa on behalf of the deceased.

Its a power struggle and pizzin contest to join or not join a cult (whichever one), some of us are determined we wont join and will defend ourselves, sometimes to the death---and others are determined we will join, and will do anything--even post-death, to try and force us.

Believe me, I have seen Muslum, LOA, Scientologist, Baptist --all of 'em-- customers and co-workers just as wound up as things get here when somebody wont change to thier way of thinking and believing. frack 'em and feed 'em manure. Last time I looked I own my own mind, not them.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-24-2013).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

A person has the right to pray for whomever they choose per the First Amendment.
The person has no power whatsoever over another's soul. To the believer, the power rests solely with God. A Christian doesn't "save" someone. They hope to bring the message to them so that God may save them. It still requires the individual to exercise their free will to give their soul to God.

If Wichita genuinely asked for prayer, wanting and believing in it, this would be fine and dandy, but my reading of his posts suggests it's nothing more than to mock what he considers Christian hypocrisy. If he doesn't want the benefit or believe in the power of prayer, no amount of praying will matter.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock