Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero Ruckus XI - Fredericksburg Texas October 12-14 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero Ruckus XI - Fredericksburg Texas October 12-14 by sanderson
Started on: 07-23-2012 11:34 PM
Replies: 272
Last post by: maryjane on 01-18-2013 11:02 AM
sanderson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
I've reserved 15 rooms at the Super 8 in Fredericksburg for October 12th and 13th. Room rates are $89 but can get 10% off with military discount.

The plan for shirts is for a polo shirt with Fiero Ruckus and a Fiero logo. Cost will be $25 for a shirt.

The itinerary as of now is:

Friday - night drop in at Fredericksburg Brewing Company

Saturday
-meet up on Main Street about 9am to show off the cars to the public
-about 10am take off for a Hill Country Tour with lunch at a location TBD
-about 2 pm arrive at Torre di Pietra vinery (they have live music from 1-5 pm)
-about 5 pm take off for Old Tunnel State Park to see bats take (supposed to be largest colony in Texas at about 3 million)
-about 6:30 pm diner in Fredericksburg at Alamo Springs General Store and Cafe.

Sunday
- about 9 am meet up for breakfast and then split up for either Nimitz museum tour or shopping expedition.

Tell me what you think and also would like to get a rough feel for attendance to know if I've got number of hotel room right.

*****EDIT WITH HOTEL INFO*****

Super 8 - north side of HWY 290 just east of downtown
Phone number - (877)-776-7283
Name of room block - Fiero Ruckus
Room rate - $89.50 w/ additional 10% military discount
Rooms - all non smoking with two queen beds
Drop dead date to get discounted rate - September 15 - normal room rates are $119 so don't procrastinate.

SHIRT SUMMARY:

MstangsBware - 1 Black XL no pocket
Black ThunderGT - 1 L red 1 L black both no pockets
Mary Jane - 2XL color? pocket
TXGood - 1 XXL Gray Pocket
Revin - 1 XL Forest Sand no pocket?
Blakeinspace - 1 XXL Red No pocket
Fieroseblack - 1 XL Black 1XL Gray both pockets
F355Spider - 1 XL Gray 1 S Gray both no pockets
CliffW - 2 both pockets Black Large
BoostedSeries1 - 1 L Light Blue no pocket
Neverdone - 1 Tangerine XL no pocket
Marine1981 - 1 M Carolina Blue 1 L Royal Blue both no pockets
FieroSA - 1 L Charcoal no pocket
JWCT7 - 1 L Navy Blue no pocket
G2 - 1 XL Black no pocket
Frizlefrak - 1 L 1XL both no pocket Sand
Fierosmith - 1 XXL Cardinal Red 1 L Light Blue both no pockets
NSAN1T - 1XL 1 XXL both Royal Blue no pockets
Sanderson - 1 XL Forest Green no pocket
Automark - 1 L Purple 1 XL Black 1 XXL Gold no pocket
Marine1891 friend - 1 XXL Tangerine no pocket
Tom Slick - 1XL Charcoal no pocket
Dgzfiero - 1 XL red no pocket
Josef644 - 1 M Navy blue no pocket 1XL Navy blue with pocket
JMergen - 1 XXL Lt blue no pocket
Fierofreak00 - 1XL Charcoal no pocket
Richard Lazor - 1XXL Black pocket
2MidV8 - 1 XL Black

[This message has been edited by sanderson (edited 10-10-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Already put in vacation for this event.......Event plans sound good to me...

Black XL no Pocket on the shirt..

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 08-04-2012).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I will be there in something also I'm pretty sure my brother is going to make it.

2 Large shirts
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Was talking with CliffW and Jane about this on Saturday. We are all excited. I shall make every effort to be there with wife. 2 xl shirts. I'll get back to ya regarding whether I will need a room or not.
CliffW is starting a new job currently, with an uncertain schedule, but also intends to be there. I'm sure he will chime in later.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-24-2012).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Just my luck.
My band is playing Saturday night, but I will come in Friday night and be there for the morning show and the cruise.
I will take a XXL shirt.
Scott, if someone else needs one of the reserved rooms for both nights, I will just book one on my own since I will only have one night.
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-24-2012).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I'm in!
XL shirt
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Is there a phone number for the hotel?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I already have put in for that Friday off... looking forward to it!

Poe and I will be splitting a room.
When I planned for R10, I reserved 15 rooms, and they did not get filled until the very last day before they got released to the public. (Fiero people are notorious procrastinators, me included) I believe it was Paul that grabbed the last two 'event' rooms. We actually needed more rooms, but there was something up with the Okies reservations... and they were with us on Friday, but Saturday had to go next door. I think for R10 we actually booked 19 rooms in the La Quinta and adjoining hotels.

Did Super 8 tell you when the rooms were going to be released?

I will need a shirt. XXL please.

Jennifer can't make it. Her cousin is getting married in St Louis and is driving up with her mom and sis that week.

Your potential itenerary sounds awesome.... the bat thing in particular. They still 'in season' so to speak in October?... I thought they migrated...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

Sharon and I will be there. I need two, (2) XL Shirts please. When and where can we reserve the rooms?

Mike & Sharon Parker
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEDirect Link to This Post
I just put in for vacation time also! Now time to ready my car!
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Gianina ask if her car would be finished. God bless her she has hope. XL shirt for me and small shirt for Gianina. I will put in for the day off tomorrow.
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Count Becca and me in. Hopefully we don't screw up the install of her new trans and her car will be ready. Michael, let me know when you plan to go work on it again and I will see if we can come help.

Ben
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
Hotel information:

Super 8 - north side of HWY 290 just east of downtown
Phone number - (877)-776-7283
Name of room block - Fiero Ruckus
Room rate - $89.50 w/ additional 10% military discount
Rooms - all non smoking with two queen beds
Drop dead date to get discounted rate - September 15 - normal room rates are $119 so don't procrastinate.

I'll also add info to opening post
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Count Becca and me in. Hopefully we don't screw up the install of her new trans and her car will be ready. Michael, let me know when you plan to go work on it again and I will see if we can come help.

Ben

I will go. back this weekend alone to wash the cradle lower the tank and try to get the ls4 on the cradle. Gianina is still not happy with me trying to fit her wheels on the Ranger.

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Well I guess it's a good thing they didn't fit. They did look good on the Ranger. Maybe if you mill out the center just a little bit...
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

Room is booked. Went real smooth, gentleman very courteous & professional. Sharon & I are looking forward to seeing all our old AAFO & Bat City friends, as well as all the others. Hopefully get to meet some new Fiero fanatics as well.

See you in October!
Mike Parker
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
The Chamber of Commerce tipped me off to a restaurant that is walking distance from the bat tunnel Alamo Springs General Store and Cafe. They were featured on the cover of Texas Monthly in 2009 for their burgers. Here's their website:

http://www.alamospringscafe.com/

[This message has been edited by sanderson (edited 07-25-2012).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try and make this one as it is an hour from my mom's house.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

I went ahead and got a room.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Argh! I already signed up to go to the new NOLA track and run the bike that weekend. Otherwise, I would be all over this!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sanderson:
The plan for shirts is for a polo shirt with Fiero Ruckus and a Fiero logo. Cost will be $25 for a shirt.

Everyone knows I am gonna ask, ... do these shirts have pockets, ?
I just started a new job. New as in a brand new company which had to fill 26 spots of employment. The schedule is still not set, we are all in training. No one will have any kind of seniority so I can not request the days off. However, with my schedule of two weeks on/two weeks off, there is a good chance I will be off.
Scott, as you know, I live in Kerrville, just 28 miles from Fredericksburg. Any help I can be with logistics, just let me know. I know a excellent cruise route if you do not have anything in mind.
PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
The North Texas Fiero Club had our monthly meeting today and a lot of the discussion was RUCKUS XI. If anyone has not been on a Scott Anderson cruise route…..they are a blast. Looks like the NTFC will meet up and caravan down to Fredericksburg.
Let’s see, Fredericksburg is real close to San Antonio and the AAFOers. I seem to remember a RUCKUS where the AAFO bet the NTFC who would have the most people attend. The AAFO won and I got DARKWING washed by the Prez of NTFC, Blake, in his underwear. If I recall the swing vote was caused by the Austin group who now have their own club, BAT CITY FIEROS.

So if any of my old AAFO buddies, (Rob), want to wager who will have the most people at Ruckus XI, speak up. And if any of the Batty Fieros want in, squeak up.

I still have the underwear I bought for the last bet; they might be a little tight now, but so what.

Mike Parker
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:
So if any of my old AAFO buddies, (Rob), want to wager ...

So, what exactly is the wager? The most ? I might take some action on on non PFF affiliated new attendees who own a 1984 Fiero bought brand new.

, looks like I will be working. Though, with a start up company, things are gonna change.
If the polo shirts have pockets, ... I might take two. What choices of colors do I have, .
Scott. The Kerrville Ruckus, the T shirt print shop put the same print on the back of my Levi jacket. Also on a blouse for CenTexIndy's daughter (six years oldI think). Pockets were only an extra dollar.
The print shop also did not mandate all one color. I would be happy to handle the shirt/trophy situation if it would help you.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 07-28-2012).]

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Put my wife and I down for a tentative yes on attendance. Need to see if I can get that Saturday off and if I will still have my Fiero. I might see if my friend down there with a new Camaro might join up with us.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
You want choice, Ruckus XI will have it.

The shirts are going to have embroidery

The embroidery will say:

Fiero Ruckus XI
Fredericksburg, Texas
Fiero LOGO

Shirts are available with and out pockets. Without a pocket embroidery will be on left. With a pocket embroidery will be on right.

Without a pocket the color options are:
-White
-Gray
-Yellow
-Gold
-Tangerine
-Sand
-Red
-Cardinal Red
-Maroon
-Purple
-Light Blue
-Carolina Blue
-Royal Blue
-Navy Blue
-Forest Green
-Charcoal
-Black

With a pocket the colors are:
-White
-Black
-Gray
-Navy Blue
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I will take a XXL Gray with pocket.
Do we need to send payment ahead of time Scott?
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-31-2012).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
I would like two shirts, both with pockets, both XL.
I would like one BLACK
I would like one GRAY

Let me know if you would like payment in advance and where to send it or PayPal it.

Mike Parker
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
I'll collect for shirts at the event. I'm not going to get any extras so if you want one I need a commitment by September 30.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

XL shirt for me and small shirt for Gianina.

Both, Grey without pocket.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Only, two months away, sounds like a great RUCKUS XI. The shirts sound real nice, now I will have a Fiero shirt I can wear to church!

Mike Parker
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
My reservation made today with the Super 8.

Cool we get to pick colors... I'll take a red one (no pocket). XXL.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-03-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there. In the caravan with the rest of the NTFC group.
Put in my time off request last week.

Should be sharing a room with NEVERDONE. (<<not yelling here)

Put me down for a Large light blue no pocket shirt.
I'm assuming the light blue is basically baby blue?
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEDirect Link to This Post
Baby blue? Man you have rethinking my wanting to room with you!

Edit; reservatns made. I'll take a XL no pocket in tangerine! I might add another shirt when I speak to the wife!

[This message has been edited by NEVERDONE (edited 08-03-2012).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Hell Yeah....NTFC gonna be rolling down like back in the day...6-8 Fieros deep..Gonna be a blast....
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Blake only got RED because there was no PINK.

Mike P.
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Scott,
I will take whatever color shirt, that accents the wonderful embroidery work the best. (but NOT red)
Tan maybe?
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroseblack:

Blake only got RED because there was no PINK.

Mike P.

He should rethink that and get black for the slimming look
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
2 Shirts with no pockets for us. Medium, Carolina Blue and a Large Royal Blue please.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Remember the ALAMO!
fierosa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2012 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosaClick Here to visit fierosa's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosaDirect Link to This Post
Reservations made!

1 Large Shirt in Charcoal Please

------------------
Rob White, Atascosa Texas

The Pontiac Fiero, Americas Go-Cart for Grownups....

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock