Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
   Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chop Top Dreamers ? How close ($) are you ? by exoticse
Started on: 06-27-2004 01:28 PM
Replies: 224
Last post by: BlackThunderGT on 05-01-2013 01:46 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ooooookay,

My chop top dreams are officially on the way to becomming reality !!

Got a great commission check for this past week and I have now set up a special account just for my chop top funds ! At a cost of $ 4 k, i am already over a third of the way there !!

Of the guys seriously considering getting a chop, how much have you saved so far ($ or %), and how close are you ?

Hey,.... Archie needs to know so he can plan whether or not he will be going to Italy, or to Detriot for vacation lol !
Archie,..when you gonna put me on the payroll ?? I think i have become the Choptop PR king !!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
I'm only $1600 away, but sadly Archie wont chop mine

*sigh* guess i'll have to just put on some body mods and interior work with the $$...

someday...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nebiros88 (edited 06-27-2004).]

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2004 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

I'm only $1600 away, but sadly Archie wont chop mine

*sigh* guess i'll have to just put on some body mods and interior work with the $$...

someday...

Why won't Archie Chop yours?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I am guessing because it is a t-top. Archie has never done a t-top chop top and won't, because he says it won't work.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lex:

Why won't Archie Chop yours?

Looks like he has t-tops...

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2004 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Looks like he has t-tops...

Rob D.

That makes sense. I guess I didn't notice.

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Direct Link to This Post
yup...its a sad thing.... anyways back on topic... I didnt mean to take over
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
MID-Augest or early September? maybe this time I'll be #17?

------------------

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
well I guess when I sell my car I will have enough for the chop......the only thing I won't have is my car to get chopped.......

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Liquid-Reality

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 196
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Liquid-RealitySend a Private Message to Liquid-RealityDirect Link to This Post
u are selling your car!!!!!!!!!!!! I will give you $4500 for it!
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEDirect Link to This Post
i have about 5 bux saved up, Canadian currency haha........gotta expect that after buying my new fiero for 10000$
PFF
System Bot
Jordangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JordangelSend a Private Message to JordangelDirect Link to This Post
I'm currently working on my Chopped Top T-Topped Fiero :P
I'll keep you up in a new thread asap.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i'm physically closer to it but flat broke. moved my project from my brother's house to mine, so i can look at it and fool with some parts i've got already for it, but that's about it.
v8fiero400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8fiero400Click Here to visit v8fiero400's HomePageSend a Private Message to v8fiero400Direct Link to This Post
Archie said he was going to make a KIT one of these days with the lower lexan windows, etc. I'm sure the kit would sell to those who have expirence working on frame and body.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jordangel:

I'm currently working on my Chopped Top T-Topped Fiero :P
I'll keep you up in a new thread asap.

I would REALLY like to see this. I photo-CHOPPED my t-top here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/042936.html

I would like to see how someone is going about doing this.

By the way Tony, Archie accepts Mastercard and VISA

And I am his second biggest fan of the chop top

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Forgive my ignorance, but why is it possible for Chester to have a chop-top targa and not possible to have a chop-top T-top? Did I read that wrong or something?

------------------
Marty,
'84 SE, '85 2M4, '86 SE, '87 GT, '88 GT

[This message has been edited by achawkins (edited 06-28-2004).]

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
The targa was installed after the chop :P
v8fiero400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8fiero400Click Here to visit v8fiero400's HomePageSend a Private Message to v8fiero400Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by achawkins:

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it possible for Chester to have a chop-top targa and not possible to have a chop-top T-top? Did I read that wrong or something?

This is why archie will not do it....

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm sorry, there is just no way I'm going to chop a "T" top car.

I would hope that this post can explain exactly why I'm not going to screw-up a Rare "T" top car.

Check this out......

When we chop the top we lower the windshield by 9 degrees. SEE "A"

That shifts the whole roof back about 1-1/2 inches. SEE "B"

That will change the angle and hurt the seal in the area where the roof panels meet the windshield. SEE "E"

As the roof shifts towards the rear of the car the trailing edge of the "T" top panels also moves back toward the rear. SEE "C"

As a result that will screw-up the seals and several other things at Fiero B pillar. SEE "D"

If you've ever removed the headliner from a "T" top car and looked at the "T" top structure from underneath (in the area "E" from the inside) You'll find that it extends almost all the way to the rear window. We do a lot of cutting and welding in this area and (SEE "E") and if we try that with a "T" top car, I'm afraid we'll ruin the "T" top car.

I hope that explains it.

Archie

[This message has been edited by v8fiero400 (edited 06-28-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

No fair !! you are lapping us !

No seriously that is cool, can't wait to see it. I think i am maybe a year away, realistically, but you never know, a couple more good bonuses and i may be there a lot sooner.

Something fun i did as motivation, i took two small pictures of the GBCT and Madcurl's silver chop top, and laminated them onto the back of a credit card sized piece of cardboard.

I keep it in my checkbook, and whenever i think about spending money on something i don't really need, .. i just look at the picture. I think this or the chop top and it makes my decision and motivation to resist so much easier and stronger !

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Something fun i did as motivation, i took two small pictures of the GBCT and Madcurl's silver chop top, and laminated them onto the back of a credit card sized piece of cardboard.

I keep it in my checkbook, and whenever i think about spending money on something i don't really need, .. i just look at the picture. I think this or the chop top and it makes my decision and motivation to resist so much easier and stronger !

I think that is a GREAT IDEA for motivation...
BTW, Is your chop done yet..??

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

More likely # 15

PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
I went outside this morning and cut the roof off of my part's car.. Just doing a little practicing... I now can say I have a convertible Fiero!

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!!

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
It is possible to chop a T-top, you just can't do it with the stock windshield like Archie does. He does his as a business and has therefore created a cookie cutter kit to make them less expensive and easier to do. The way to chop a T-top is to use a different windshield and move the bottom of the windshield forward instead of just leaning the stock windshield back. A couple of people on here are chopping T-tops without moving the windshield forward and are just planning on having a custom windsheild made.. I'm dreading seeing the cost of a custom windshield!

I also chopped my T-top in Photoshop after a couple of people requested it..

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Another way to chop a t-top is to shorten the length of the T-tops themselves. Here is my photochop of my t-top with the shortened T-tops...

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Another way to chop a t-top is to shorten the length of the T-tops themselves. Here is my photochop of my t-top with the shortened T-tops...

But, Is it possible to do it that way..??
boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Anything is possible, but that would be a-hella-lotta work to mess with the panels to shorten them.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by boristheblade:

Anything is possible, but that would be a-hella-lotta work to mess with the panels to shorten them.

Maybe, or it is only a few inches and you section out apiece and replace the glass with lexan. Either you do a custom windshield or a custom T-top, Or maybe there is a third way?

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2004 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
After seeing the way Orville does his car.. he actually lengthens and widens the Fiero roofline.. I am thinking about taking measurements off of some older Trans Am. I'm thinking maybe just cut the top off right at the line of the doors, cut off the windshield and pop the whole unit on there.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
How long? A month and (1) week away. It's chop or bust!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

i absolutely cannot wait to see the redux chopped ! that is going to be sick !

As for me if i ever get my car situation settled,..i just may pull a jscott and come out of nowhere with a chop when u least expect it!

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Well, let me see, car payment, house payment, shop payment, electric bill, food ( wife swears she cant live without the stuff). And that leaves me with .36 cents toward the chop . And now thanks to jscott1 she just took my Visa away. I guess all I have left is my dignity, no wait she has that too. Guess its Detroit for Archie. Next year I'll try to help send him to Italy ( Gladly)
Brad
PFF
System Bot
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post
As soon as i can sell my silver fiero, which is posted in the mall right now i can more than afford to have a chop top done. but i also want to do the targa top so i need to find out how much that cost too...

-Fish

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Boy, I was way-off! Anyone else planning on sending their baby to Archie's for the winter?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Ooooookay,

My chop top dreams are officially on the way to becomming reality !!

Got a great commission check for this past week and I have now set up a special account just for my chop top funds ! At a cost of $ 4 k, i am already over a third of the way there !!

Of the guys seriously considering getting a chop, how much have you saved so far ($ or %), and how close are you ?

Hey,.... Archie needs to know so he can plan whether or not he will be going to Italy, or to Detriot for vacation lol !
Archie,..when you gonna put me on the payroll ?? I think i have become the Choptop PR king !!

Okay Exoticse....your next! Come on Christmas is near. You know you want it?

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post
i wanted a chop top but didnt have 4k so i just busted out the recip saw and welder, little bit of fiberglass and plexiglass, add some luck a tape measure and some elbow grease and bam there u have it, oh and the targa top off a solid roof parts car from the junk yard for 10 bux + some steel from work to support the frame. now some spring paint and a brand new built v8 chev 350 and summers gonna be a good time this year\

justin

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Okay Exoticse....your next! Come on Christmas is near. You know you want it?

Hehehe I am shooting for a Daytona 2006 unvieling ! Gonna get chopped in 2005 for sure.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Hehehe I am shooting for a Daytona 2006 unvieling ! Gonna get chopped in 2005 for sure.

yeah, I think 2006 should be the year inwhich "ALL" choptop should phone home? Regardless if it's not totally finished.

Meetting place? Archie's, Daytona, or somewhere in central US? What about St. Louis, MI? Haa there every been a Fiero car show there?

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2004 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post
im down for a show, since i live in mi im definetly down for that, lets do it this year before snow, it would hurry me up a bit

justin

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShueGlue737:

im down for a show, since i live in mi im definetly down for that, lets do it this year before snow, it would hurry me up a bit

justin

Way too late for this year. I think Daytona would be sweet for 2005? Thats if it's going to held next year?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
So who's still having visions of choptop dancing in their heads?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock