Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Chopped by Archie, Powered by Fastfieros (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
Chopped by Archie, Powered by Fastfieros by Will-Martin
Started on: 06-23-2009 04:06 PM
Replies: 351
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 10-21-2010 03:26 PM
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by the FastFieros shop today to see the progress on my engine swap. There are a couple of projects still ahead of me, but Loyde was busting his a$$ in the 100 degree heat.

My 5.3l engine and transmission are mated with the custom adapter plate and an exhaust solution is being hammered out for the LSx by Loyde and fitted to my car. All I can say is WOW, you have to see it to believe it and I can't wait. Just thought I would let everyone who is dealing with Loyde atm know he is really working hard to get back on track and the LSx installs he will be doing are going to be AWESOME.

Also, a few people have commented on Archie's choptops being crooked and that my car was of concern. I measured the roof line today and I can tell you it is between 1/8" and 1/4" difference with the right side being just a little bit higher. This much variance is EASILY found in the stock roofline so sorry to break it to everyone - Archie's choptops are not crooked, at least mine isn't.

--Will
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
joshua riedl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
To be honest when I did my second chop I measured and cut the rear and used an angle finder on the front. Didn't even measure the windshield angle. I'm sure the car looks great and it's good to hear it'll be on the road soon.
Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkDirect Link to This Post
Pictures would be nice! But very glad Your happy!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
all that will and no pics!!?!?!
your slipping

j/k
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Also, a few people have commented on Archie's choptops being crooked and that my car was of concern. I measured the roof line today and I can tell you it is between 1/8" and 1/4" difference with the right side being just a little bit higher. This much variance is EASILY found in the stock roofline so sorry to break it to everyone - Archie's choptops are not crooked, at least mine isn't.

--Will

It is not the roof line that is said to be crooked(even though 1/8 to 1/4 is) but the pass side B-pillar that is layed over more than the DRV side. But if you are happy with the car that is all that really matters. Good to hear progress is being made on the car and you are happy with where the project is heading. Should be heading over to the shop in a few days to pick up a PCM and will check out what the setup looks like in person.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to hear #019 is coming along. Please take plenty of pictures doing the build (actually you need to start a construction thread).

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

A big congratulations Will.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

Pictures would be nice! But very glad Your happy!

I am happy all right. Good to see Loyde back up and running, he is full bore and I think my car will definitely wind up meeting my expectations.

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

To be honest when I did my second chop I measured and cut the rear and used an angle finder on the front. Didn't even measure the windshield angle. I'm sure the car looks great and it's good to hear it'll be on the road soon.

Hey Joshua, how is your second chop coming anyway?

Originally posted by revin:

all that will and no pics!!?!?!
your slipping

j/k

LOL pics soon!

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

It is not the roof line that is said to be crooked(even though 1/8 to 1/4 is) but the pass side B-pillar that is layed over more than the DRV side. But if you are happy with the car that is all that really matters. Good to hear progress is being made on the car and you are happy with where the project is heading. Should be heading over to the shop in a few days to pick up a PCM and will check out what the setup looks like in person.

Ah, you know I did not even check that part MB LOL. I still can't wait to see your LS4 in person.

Originally posted by madcurl:

I'm glad to hear #019 is coming along. Please take plenty of pictures doing the build (actually you need to start a construction thread).

I will take more pics next time I am over Curley. I will start a construction thread soon on it!

Originally posted by exoticse:
A big congratulations Will.

Thanks my man! Our chop top dreams are gonna come true one of these days!!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I stopped by the FastFieros shop today to see the progress on my engine swap.

--Will

Glad to see you making progress...You are a very patient man, my congratulations... In the dictionary under "Delayed Gratification' there should be a picture of you.

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

How about you quit beating a dead horse!!! and just go away, nobody cares what you think about the chop on this car.

You might be a king or a little street sweeper,
but sooner or latter you'll dance with the reaper. Joe
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
My car is one of those never ending projects. I did make it to the dells show and it'll be going in to the dyno next Monday for some badly needed tuning. Looking forward to getting it to the strip soon.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Will, I am glad to see that the car is not dead in the weeds. keep us posted with progress pic's
D.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Good to see your progress ! (eh pics eh lol )

Good stuff needs more time and patience...good luck !
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

How about you quit beating a dead horse!!! and just go away, nobody cares what you think about the chop on this car.

Noice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Custom84cp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom84cpSend a Private Message to Custom84cpDirect Link to This Post

Man has a right to his opinon. Oh, and your little ryhm, what is that, a theat?
Internet tuff guy!!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom84cp:

Internet tuff guy!!

Yep, the man has a right to his opinion & he has stated that opinion extensively in 3 other threads on this Forum. Two of those threads are now in the trashcan.

The question is the appropriateness of going over that whole arguement again here in this thread.

This thread was started by Will as a bit of a celebration that, after more than 3 years of waiting, there appears to be some progrees on his car.

What right does does someone have to come into someone elses' thread & start beating that same dead horse time & time again?

I don't get it anymore.

Why can't there be one or 2 threads on this Forum that have "Archie" in the title & that don't turn into a Flame Fest?

Can't we make this thread about Will's joy & not about your hate.

Archie
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Yep, the man has a right to his opinion & he has stated that opinion extensively in 3 other threads on this Forum. Two of those threads are now in the trashcan.
The question is the appropriateness of going over that whole arguement again here in this thread.
This thread was started by Will as a bit of a celebration that, after more than 3 years of waiting, there appears to be some progrees on his car.
What right does does someone have to come into someone elses' thread & start beating that same dead horse time & time again?

I've read all the previous threads(Archie and Fastfieros) about Wills car, but I understand where your coming from Archie with the beating the dam dead horse,
but Will did bring it up,

and if he didnt want any discussion about the subject he should have added something along the lines as "dont discuss the crookedness anymore in my thread".
btw Will, if you want your thread cleaned up, Pm me and i'll delete my post.
Andrew
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

Why can't there be one or 2 threads on this Forum that have "Archie" in the title & that don't turn into a Flame Fest?

Stephen just stacked the wood, you set it on fire. Don't get Will's thread put in the trash can, some people might actually want to see the progress on his car.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 06-25-2009).]

av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
come on guys, if you don't like archies chops don't buy them. no one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to buy archies stuff. many people have purchased archies stuff and are completely happy with it. if you're not then build your own and make yourself happy.

i would love to see pics and progress on this car so please! quit "stacking the wood' so to speak. only you can prevent forest fires. good luck with your car will, hope it's done soon

------------------
88blackchopv8

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I am in no way, shape, or form taking any stand, or side in this battle. But, it seems to me that Archie is busy with work. I am betting that the others are eating well also. In my honest opinion, I am very happy to see the community as a whole doing well. If not for these guys, we would not have the class of cars that are present now. My hat goes off to all that follow through with their ambitions. Builders, purchasers, and drivers. The constant flow of wicked Fieros is awesome to see. It is nice to be able to see the progress posted up in threads. Just keep doing what you are doing people. Whatever side that you are in tuned to, remember that there is a lot of folks that enjoy both sides of this debate. I wish the best for both sides of this fence.

------------------

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Anyway?

Will, any progress report or pic's yet?
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Its nice that you didnt get COMPLETELY ripped off by all of these "people" you have had to deal with over the last few years. It will be a bunch of fun getting the car out and driven like fieros are meant to be.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 06-25-2009).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom84cp:

Internet tuff guy!!

Yeah he has a right to his opinion, and some of us are getting really tired of hearing it over and over and over again!!! He takes every chance he can to bash other peoples work, This statement has been edited. Rustang is TROLL and a FLAMER!

As for my sig, you've obviously been living in a cave.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000024.html

The car is named The Grin Reaper, and the sig is taken from the reaper rap from Bill & Ted's bougus journey. It's one of many sigs I use. "Internet tuff guy" Your funny!!!

BTW you might want to use spell check.

The darkest hour,
doesn't come at night. Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 06-25-2009).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

motoracer838

3751 posts
Member since Jan 2006
Will, glad to see that your seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Joe
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Only pic I have so far is this one Loyde posted in Don's thread -

I will try to get more this weekend.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
His car won't be done.... Just like mine WAY TOO DANG MANY MODS WANTED.... ANd the list keeps magically getting longer. If I shared half of my interior and exterior ideas with Will he'd be warped for life... Worse than he is now. Given the car he's building will be SCHWEET SCHWEET SCHWEET!!!! Will I've heard you got new dews when you had your car chopped if they're no longer up to par just let me know. I'll take care of a fellow Texan Cleburnite.
JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

...Your funny!!!

BTW you might want to use spell check.

Too bad spell check doesn't catch misused pronouns even they are spelled correctly, hehehehehe!

Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnF:

Too bad spell check doesn't catch misused pronouns even they are spelled correctly, hehehehehe!

Or missed words "Too bad spell check doesn't catch misused pronouns even THOUGH they are spelled correctly, hehehehehe!"

Sorry I couldn't resist

Nice machining on the piece by the way
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Awe, come on guys. We need a group hug here........

Let the man have a peacful thread about his car. I understand that there is some history with some of you about this topic, but this IS about Wills' car and build.

With that said......MORE PICS, WILL!!!!!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
You want Pics???
You can't handle the pics!!!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on your car. I just wish mine ran now its been 1 day and I'm having withdrawals
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Archie

God if you would only look at what you wrote and live by it, this forum would be a lot better place and a lot less threads in the trash. Look at the beginning of the thread, Will brought it up so it is open to discussion. If you don’t like it that is your problem and not a chance to start trashing people you hate and distorting the thread like your body parts are.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

My 5.3l engine and transmission are mated with the custom adapter plate and an exhaust solution is being hammered out for the LSx by Loyde and fitted to my car. All I can say is WOW, you have to see it to believe it and I can't wait. Just thought I would let everyone who is dealing with Loyde atm know he is really working hard to get back on track and the LSx installs he will be doing are going to be AWESOME.

--Will

Any progress pics?
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I guess I will NEVER have a car as nice as most of you. I don't have the patience that most of you have when it comes to projects. Especially the ones that are farming out work. In NO way am I knocking anyone. I applaude those of you with that type of patience.
I can't wait to see what I think will be one of the best car ideas on PFF.

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
No updates today.. coming soon however.

http://www.fastfieros.com

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 09-07-2009).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

I guess I will NEVER have a car as nice as most of you. I don't have the patience that most of you have when it comes to projects. Especially the ones that are farming out work.

Will is the king of delayed gratification, no doubt...But sometimes other priorities kick in and these projects sit on the back burner for various reasons.

I'm looking forward to seeing Will's car someday.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Well I guess everyone got in a mud slinging match in Smooth's thread so for those who asked, there has been no progress so far on my car. Yes mice, fiberglass sun rot, and the interior are very much a concern of mine. I put brand new wheels/tires on it when I got it back from Archie and never got to drive it after that. Sucks, but what am I gonna do?

Loyde told me he would have it done by August - right at the 5 year mark.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 04-20-2010).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I am NOT getting to involved in this discussion because one thread has already been closed by Cliff but I do have one question that has never been answered....if your car is sitting in the weeds in plain view, why not just tow it back to your house and say the hell with the wiring harness and swap. A few others make the same harness on here and will be happy to do the swap for you.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-20-2010).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

I love the Fiero but I wouldn't wait 5 years for one I don't care how nice it is. You will never get back those 5 years. Trust me, thats why I have been driving around my projects.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Without flaming, do you think he actually meant august this year?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock