Started on: 02-07-2006 01:38 PM
Replies: 392
Last post by: madcurl on 09-06-2009 01:02 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
CHOP TOP HOME COMING:

How about a CHOP TOP HOME COMING at Archie’s Open House this September 2006? Archie usually has an “open house” every year prior to the Fiero Rama Show. This would be an excellent time for all current chop top owners to meet-up, share experiences ,and to unwind prior to attending the Fiero Rama Show.

As we know, many chop top owner’s cars are currently “under construction” and many of them could not attend the Daytona Show, which is understandable. That being said, most if not all should have their cars ready before September (I hope).

The List of benefits:

1. The region of current chop top owners. With they exception of Will-Martin, Jscott, Exoticse, Jim88GT, & Madcurl (being the farthest)-----most of the chop top owners are located in the upper central and eastern regions of the U.S.
2. “Piggy-back system.” Just like the Daytona Show, using the Fiero Rama Show as a springboard, many Fiero owner no doubt are attending the show, right? Making the “chop top home coming" a easy venture.
3. Archie’s annual “Open-house” event which is held a day prior to Fiero Rama.
4. Many of the “Home-Brew choppers can add “favor” to the group----including the chop top Pantera and F355 to list a few.
5. After attending the “Open-House” gathering, the event can continue on at the Fiero Rama.
6. The unveiling of the #20
7. Event is held in September. Not as “good” compared to Florida’s weather but…

So how about you guys/gals…this isn't a opportunity to be missed. You can always use this as an excuse to have a model pose next to your car, right?

Edit: Model in picture isn't 100% sure-deal, hehe

------------------
Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & # 20
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Well if the Blond is there then I'll attend & I'll try to have my 2 chops done by then. And I'll drive them both to Archie's myself.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-07-2006).]

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well if the Blond is there then I'll attend & I'll try to have my 2 chops done by then. And I'll drive them both to Archie's myself.

Archie

HAHA!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Exactly which weekend is it? My car will most certainly be painted by September, and have quite a few other "goodies" installed by then.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Now that's a show I will make for sure. So the GBCT will be there.
Just to clear things up a bit , Archie usually has his open house in Arpil or May and it was always a NIFE attended event. Last year becuase he was moving to a new shop it was postponed until the day before FieroRama. If NIFE plans a trip to Archie's before Sept. I'm sure Archie wouldn't mind having two open houses.
I'm pretty sure FieroRama is always the 2nd Sunday in September.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 02-07-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Now that's a show I will make for sure. So the GBCT will be there.
I'm pretty sure FieroRama is always the 2nd Sunday in September.

Is it possible on your end to inform and "round-up" the northeners?

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

7. Event is held in September. Not as “good” compared to Florida’s weather but…

Actually, the weather here is September is usually ideal for a car show. Last year it was very warm ( up in the ' 80's ) and nice and sunny. You couldn't ask for better bikini weather, and maybe we could get the NIFE Bikini Team out for pictures with the cars.

The Open House last year began about 11:00am on Saturday, and at about 3:00pm the gang got together and caravaned into Chicago to the hotel for Fierorama, then spent the evening together for pizza and causing trouble. The parking lot of the hotel then becomes a nice gathering spot for chatting and storytelling, and that can run into the wee hours of the morning. The whole weekend is a wonderful and exciting experience.

Mark

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 02-07-2006).]

aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerDirect Link to This Post
are non chop-tops invited? id love to possibly make the trip just to see some of these amazing cars. long drive from charlotte but to meet some of the most recognizable names from PFF would be worth it and to see the cars.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aerosmithr0cker:

are non chop-tops invited? id love to possibly make the trip just to see some of these amazing cars. long drive from charlotte but to meet some of the most recognizable names from PFF would be worth it and to see the cars.

The Open House has always been open to anyone & everyone from everywhere.

Archie

------------------

aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerDirect Link to This Post
well then i will hopefully be there.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Is it possible on your end to inform and "round-up" the northeners?

I will do what I can but this forum is the only contact I have with them.
Hopefully both the Stinger and GMGW3 could make the trip to Archie’s.
I’m sure Mark knows how to get a hold of Cary……………..

Last year at Daytona there were 3 choptops
3 years ago at Fiero Bob’s open house we had 3 choptops

How many will be there in Sept.????

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 02-07-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
I plan on being there, and if everything goes right I might even have a Fiero to show of my own! WooHoo! ( it won't be a chop, though.... )

I'll try to strong arm Cary into bringing his choptop to Archie's Open House, one way or another.

Mark

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 02-07-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

The Open House has always been open to anyone & everyone from everywhere.

Archie

Is it official? Are you having a chop top reunion the 2nd week of September???

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Is it official? Are you having a chop top reunion the 2nd week of September???

Yes Sir.

Y'all come now!

I'll do anything to see Curley's #11 in person.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-07-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Well alright!

There should definitely be more than three chop tops there. There has probably never been more than three chop tops in any one place before, (except Curley's garage)

It looks like the Pack Place is expectinig us!

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Well alright!

There should definitely be more than three chop tops there. There has probably never been more than three chop tops in any one place before, (except Curley's garage)

It looks like the Pack Place is expectinig us!

What about archies garage? haha I bet there has been more.. I want to get my car chopped, however I don't want to mess with safetying it later on after the frame has been moded, means its a kit car. Perhaps I will make the trip to archies next year... Humm..

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

however I don't want to mess with safetying it later on after the frame has been moded, means its a kit car.

No such problems in Texas...you can always move here!!

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
hehe, too far for me. I like where I live, I just want a heated garage! If I make a targa, I suppose I can't really get it chopped after that can I ? :P Archie? Or would it be easier..
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
just get it safetied before the chop, and then don't re-register it as a kit. you only need a safety if you change the registration a year after the safety.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

hehe, too far for me. I like where I live, I just want a heated garage! If I make a targa, I suppose I can't really get it chopped after that can I ? :P Archie? Or would it be easier..

It would be much easier to chop before the targa.

Archie

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Well I had plans on being at Fierorama, so this just made it more enticing to get there early for Archie's event.

------------------

sig courtesy of F-I-E-R-O
Awesome Fiero items by F-I-E-R-O

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

If the reunion is sept 9th, when is fierorama ??

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
September 10th. Sunday.

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 02-19-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Do we have a head count so far ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Do we have a head count so far ?

Only 7-months left.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Only 7-months left.

Only 5-months to go. Who's chop'n at the bit? hehe

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke with Cary ( GMGW3 ) and I'm hoping to convince him to bring the car down from Milwaukee. We've got a little repair work to do, and as soon as we get him a new passenger axle he's back on the road.

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
You can sure count me in!

Follow the link to some recent photo's of Archie's progress on my chop....

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.c...oo.com/ph//my_photos
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
3 down and 20 chotop owners to go!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Started checking into airfares today.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Man, I wish I had the money too fly over too you guys and look at your cars live.
And meet you all.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Man, I wish I had the money too fly over too you guys and look at your cars live.
And meet you all.

I know it is not the same, but trust me there will be plenty of pics and hopefully some video of this one !
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Yes, but I would love too see you guys and get more idees IRL.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I just got off the phone with Mike D. owner of choptop #016 "Sharona." He's coming to Archie's choptop reunion...red primer and all. Mike is very,very busy and hasen't found the time to log in on Pennocks. He says, he misses the gang and looks forward to attending the show, granted he need a alternator for the chop'r but, he's coming!

Part of the four "Rat Pack" is back.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-16-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

All right ! Sounds good !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A great shift has occured in the Chop top Force. The Rat is baaaack!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
The Line-up (currently)

GBCT

Mike D.

Jscott

The “Dirty Rat”

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
It's offical, The Doctor joins the round-up at Archie's.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I need to convert #11 to a Notchie.

Archie
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Looks like I need to convert #11 to a Notchie.

Archie

What kind of secret Da Vinci code is that??

I can't see Madcurl rolling in a notchie??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock