Started on: 01-13-2004 05:40 AM
Replies: 241
Last post by: blakeinspace on 01-17-2004 02:14 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I was reading GFC and started to go to OT and there was a switch in the format. Took me a few seconds to realise I'm still on PFF and it looks great!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Master Tuner Akimoto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2004 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
5.38am to be exact caught me of guard it looks more Macho now.

------------------
Tuners of the Quickest 4.9
12.51@118 mph

4.5 (RSR)Hi Perf. Caddi-V8
In place and running.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
I like the dark colors, nice work Cliff!
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

I like the dark colors, nice work Cliff!

I agree 100% These colors are easy on my eyes!

--Will

Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
Ya, much easier on the eyes. The new banner is nice too, not too crowded.
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I don't like the dark words on dark background. Example the topics I have already choosen are too dark for weak eyes.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car UPDATED 8-11-03

coolcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coolcatSend a Private Message to coolcatDirect Link to This Post
Happy Birthday PFF
Thanks Cliff for everything

Donovan

------------------

Silver 87GT T-TOP
White 85GT
Black 88GT
Black 88 Formula

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
This is pretty cool

Good Job Cliff

------------------

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Really saweeeet! Thanks Cliff and Happy Birthday PFF.

------------------

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Cool. I concour, the darker colors are way easier on the eye.

------------------

84 Indy Quad 4
88 Silver GT 5 SP

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Sorry I don't like the dark words on dark background. Example the topics I have already choosen are too dark for weak eyes.

I personally agree....... I guess we are in the minority. not a complaint, just my opinion

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Made them slightly lighter (may need to hit "Refresh" before you see the change).

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
I like it! Caught me off guard at first, thought I had gotten to a different forum
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
hard....
to...
read....
webqaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for webqazClick Here to visit webqaz's HomePageSend a Private Message to webqazDirect Link to This Post
It looks so pretty!
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I was shocked and amazed.
JacobHaley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JacobHaleySend a Private Message to JacobHaleyDirect Link to This Post
I like the new format. Now if only the BBS would take you to the latest posting when you click on a topic you've read before..
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Woaaaaaa. Interesting change!

A lot "cleaner" and now, (at least for a little while) People around my cubicle won't think I'm just surfing "That Fiero Forum" all day...

LOL

Happy Birthday, PFF!

Happy new year, Cliff!

-FieroRumor

------------------

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
WOW... I was totally surprised when I loaded this bad boy up. I like it... Anniversary Edition!
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Loving the new look!!!!

Truely sweet indeed!!!!
Happy Birthday my home away from home.
Randy

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
I like it !!!
PFF
System Bot
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Looks, great, I love it.
RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
sweet sweet sweet
87Gold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GoldClick Here to visit 87Gold's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GoldDirect Link to This Post
Cool look Cliff, its way easyier on the eyes
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I was not expecting this when I logged in this morning. I like the change a lot.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PFF!!!!

Cliff,

Thank you so much for all of your hard work and effort on the Forum!

------------------

"Peg"----------- PFF: THE ORIGINAL AND THE BEST!----------- [Signature graciously provided by Naskie 18]
www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd- Updated 11.16.03

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 01-13-2004).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I like it!
Nice job!

The only criticism I have is that when someone posts using green text, it's really difficult to read... to the point that I need to highlight the text.

Thanks for everything you do!

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

dizmon_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dizmon_85GTSend a Private Message to dizmon_85GTDirect Link to This Post
The format is good but the lettering is hard to read with some of the colored words. I have a monitor that is on the dark side (it's on it's last legs) and I'm really having a hard time reading some things. I agree with Ski., It's hard for some of us older folks.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Change is good. But it is a little hard for me to read. 'Course I'm 46 and got the presbyopia.

Hmmm... the "Thanks for submitting your message" or whatever it says is in dark blue and I can't read it at all.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 01-13-2004).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Change is usually good, but I think the dark screen has made things a little harder to read. I prefer the light background, but it appears I'm part of the minority in this. Cliff, I appreciate all the work you put into the site, but I don't know that this change is for the better.

Is there a reason you decided to change it (ie. just trying something new, or is this better for our eyes, etc.)? Enquiring minds want to know.

Bryce
88 GT

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post
Happy Anniversary PFF and Cliff.
This really does look good.

------------------
Jim
www.jkfiero.com

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I pulled up my PM's this morning and definitely had to do a double-take to make sure I was in the right place!

I love the new look Cliff... it's very clean & streamlined!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PFF
System Bot
FieroAudio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAudioSend a Private Message to FieroAudioDirect Link to This Post
Very Very nice job cliff!!! Very nice.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Cliff,

It looks great on different resolutions - and the way the text is colored makes the important stuff stand out (and stuff like "edited by bla bla bla" more subtle.

The colors are bad on older monitors, but maybe it is a good idea to buy a new monitor (and help the eyes a bit)

Can't please everyone, I guess. (I'd even prefer it if the background of all the messages was BLACK, but colors are SUCH an individual thing)

Maybe the Forum will eventually be skinnable...but I like the fact that for the most part, things remain consistant on whatever machine I'm currently on...

Thanks for continuing to evolve the look and feel of the forum!

-FR

2000RagTop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice......"I like it" !!! As far as the reading of dark letters in your sig.....
Just change the color to a brighter color . I changed my sig to have yellow instead of red,
now the "88" & All Options" stand out better then when they were red, with this forum format.

Again........" I LIKE IT!!!!"

------------------

88GT/Auto/Beechwood Leather/SunRoof/Wing/Sub-Woofer/w-EQ/225/45/17 Michelin Pilots/All Options
Ex.T-Tops - More Pix https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/019085.html#lastpost
-Pix of my other cars- https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/036978.html
*** *** *** "If you appreciate my contribution,..please rate me, Thanks" *** *** ***

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I like it too! It's good to change every now and then to avoid complacency......way to mix it up Cliff!

------------------

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I think the look is a lot cleaner, and VERY, VERY hard to read! Dark with darker can be tough to see. I cam not quickly skim the text, have to concentrate to see some of the lettering.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Dang! I thought I had somehow been sent to the wrong forum somehow! Looks pretty cool, Cliff!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PFF!

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com - New mods for your Fiero from Fiero Performance Bayern in Germany

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all, for the kind words. Now you know what I've been doing the past weeks (and why there were so many small changes to the forum).

I had to modify most of the forum software for this. The advantage is that I can now change the looks of the forum instantly.

I realize the choice of colors isn't perfect for everyone. But this time I deliberately chose colors that look best on higher resolutions and newer monitors (like LCD screens).

The reason I changed the looks is, well, because I do that every now and then. Way back when, the forum was in shades of gray. Then it turned in shades of (light-) blue, now it's a bit darker. It keeps the forum fresh. And the darker colors save energy.

As for the forum being "skinnable", it actually is. I could - if I wanted to - give you a choice of styles to choose from. But the only problem with that is that I really want everybody to see the same thing.

Anyway, I hope the people who have a bit of trouble with the new style get used to it real quick. Trust me, these colors kinda grow on you.

2000RagTop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
Cliff......I think the rating numbers should be changed from blue to a lighter or brighter color?
Maybe yellow. The blue numbers get lost in the background!
$.02.........

------------------

88GT/Auto/Beechwood Leather/SunRoof/Wing/Sub-Woofer/w-EQ/225/45/17 Michelin Pilots/All Options
Ex.T-Tops - More Pix https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/019085.html#lastpost
-Pix of my other cars- https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/036978.html
*** *** *** "If you appreciate my contribution,..please rate me, Thanks" *** *** ***

perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2004 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE IT!!!!

Man Cliff, I know people who don't put as much time into their main businesses as you do this forum. Your passion for it is second to none.

*TIP*
If things seem to dark for you because you have an old, possibly half-dead monitor, do yourself a HUGE favor and get a better one! I didn't even realize that mine was going dark on me because I was so used to it. People used to post pics and comment on details in them that I couldn't see! I used to take the pics and lighten them so I could make out the details. One day, the wife called me while I was out-n-about and said the monitor had went black. I picked up a $3 (yes three bucks!) monitor from the local Goodwill so I could continue my work that night. It was the exact same brand that I had. When I first hooked it up we were squinting like we were in bright sunlight because it was that much brighter than the old one. It turns out the old monitor was just fine (it was just the power cord coming loose) but guess which three-dollar monitor I am using right now?!?!? I know I need to go buy a new one...

The new format is awesome Cliff!!!

------------------
perk - todd's hot rods
project "Rock-it" coming soon!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave