MotorTV Time Slip and Dyno Run by MotorTV
Started on: 09-27-2007 09:15 PM
Replies: 386
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 09-14-2008 07:46 AM
MotorTV

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
It has come to my attention that there are a few people on this forum that want to see time slips for my turbo LT1 car..
Though I do not normaly post them, i will take this opertunity to post a few slips and charts from setting up my car...
Let's see if anyone knows why the numbers are what they are and what the reason for the runs were...
If you are not a troll and have questions about the car, here is the place to ask them...
My thoughts about sharing knowlage are the same now as when i was pro racing
"You win on the track... not in the pits" Real racers help each other out in the pits when someone has a problem...
Like i said.. if you are setting up a car and need info to help you along, ask away
Although my expertise is in small block chevy motors, I like a lot of the other swaps as well...
Those of you that know me know that i like to help...
Those of you that troll me... well... your not any help to anyone... when you grow up you may realise how stupid you look to other people...
This forum is for the exchange of information and discussion about Fieros... Not flame wars or trolling...
Chuck

Here is a time slip from last week...
Look at it carefully before commenting...
car number is 109

and another from the same night...
Again look at it carefully before commenting...

I will post a dyno sheet later...
Have fun...
Chuck
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I can see you are not using sticky tires. Those 60' times are terrible. My truck did 1.85 when it ran 13.8. I'm really interested to learn how you will make that power stick to the track. It will be a lot of fun then

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 4 speed Auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
could you translate those a bit, i cant make out the mph's and times that great.

Basicly your traps are horrid, you cant blame it on traction, or 60's though, so idk why your traps would be that low.

the second run of 12.7 at 100mph has me baffled, with a junk 60' because you cant do any better with a manual trans even if you tried.

The timeslip honestly looks like my friends honda that bounced off the rev limiter at 110, so he could only run low 12's with that car. Granted he was running a smaller turbo and 1/3 the displacement..

My 12.8 at 106 looks almost identical to yours, except you have a 1/8 mile trap of 9x, where mine is junk, like 85mph.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 09-27-2007).]

dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
For those that have a hard time reading the slips...

Judging by the power that the car is producing...compared to the times and trap speeds...
I'd guess that the car has severe traction issues.
I may be wrong...but that's what it looks like to me.

That being said...even IF the car only ran 19 second 1/4 mile times...It would still be one sexy car that I would be proud to own.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

[This message has been edited by dcfox (edited 09-27-2007).]

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I will give some other hints....
There was no tire spin off the line... Just a nice easy rollout...
Think of where the VHT ends at the strip...
(VHT is a traction aid sprayed on the starting line by the track owners.)
Chuck
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Why aren't you running it all the way to the end? A 91mph trap in the 1/8 should be more like 115ish in the 1/4.
Are you even holding it out to the 1/8th? 'cause that isn't all that fast, obviously they weren't clean maximized runs for that setup.

What am I missing?
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MotorTV:

Ok, I will give some other hints....
There was no tire spin off the line... Just a nice easy rollout...
Think of where the VHT ends at the strip...
(VHT is a traction aid sprayed on the starting line by the track owners.)
Chuck

Ok...so you're having to baby it out of the hole to keep from breaking things due to the VHT vs.torque.
And then...once out of the VHT...you blow the tires away on the 1-2 shift and it all goes downhill from there.
Am I even getting close?
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Why aren't you running it all the way to the end? A 91mph trap in the 1/8 should be more like 115ish in the 1/4.
Are you even holding it out to the 1/8th? 'cause that isn't all that fast, obviously they weren't clean maximized runs for that setup.

What am I missing?

Bingo!
This is the reply i was looking for...
A real racer knows why these runs were made...
A person who is sharp enough to see this is not an et or speed run has a good chance to learn...
The guys that look at the run and say the car stinks have no hope to be a good racer...
Let's see if anyone gets the complete answer...
Chuck
dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
I'll admit...I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to drag racing...but I'm always willing to learn.
So know I'm getting that these times were more or less intended...rather that results of trying to get the best possible ET.
Bracket racing possibly?

...or should I shut up and quit guessing and just read?
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
With close to 800HP on the getrag you can't exactly do a huge launch either can you?
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcfox:

I'll admit...I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to drag racing...but I'm always willing to learn.
So know I'm getting that these times were more or less intended...rather that results of trying to get the best possible ET.
Bracket racing possibly?

...or should I shut up and quit guessing and just read?

You are correct... They are not et runs.. top speed is to just to not hold up the other people waiting to run...
I pretty much kept coasting for the last half of the run...

Not for bracket racing though.
Chuck
PFF
System Bot
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

MotorTV

260 posts
Member since Nov 2001

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

With close to 800HP on the getrag you can't exactly do a huge launch either can you?

This car has a single turbo exactly for that reason...
high tourque and horsepower come on just after launching..
These slips are just slow rollout starts, not my standard launch..
Chuck
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
So what were you trying to do with these runs?

------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.
You know that little voice that says it can't be done? I duct-taped its mouth shut and pushed it down a flight of stairs. (Leader of the Insurgency)

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
I think he is teasing us
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

I think he is teasing us

Who me? lol
na... just seeing who can figure it out...
I have a plan....
And a dyno sheet to post...
Real racing requires knowing the whys behind the whats...
And the question is why only run hard for part of the track on cold tires (slow start)
Things are not always as they seem at first glance...
Chuck

Edit because i forgot a why...LOL
Things are not always as the seem at first glance...

[This message has been edited by MotorTV (edited 09-27-2007).]

dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
well,comparing the numbers,the time intervals between the foot markers see to be pretty consistent.
Are these consistency test runs?

Hell...I don't know...I'm just pulling at straws.
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
Answers tomorrow...
Chuck
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
so what your saying is you lost traction shifting into 4th?

for some reason, I find that hard to belive, the transmission would explode no matter what was happening, vht or no vht.

edit,

even if you made it full blast to the 1/8 mile, your still a hope and a prayer from an 11 second run, which is laughable for a 780hp car.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 09-27-2007).]

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

so what your saying is you lost traction shifting into 4th?

for some reason, I find that hard to belive, the transmission would explode no matter what was happening, vht or no vht.

Read five posts up.. then read the rest of the thread
Chuck
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
why even go to the track and waste your time if your not even going to run the car? I mean, your 1/8 et is dead dead on for a high 12, your traps are off, more around the mid to low 12 area, your 1/4 trap is just dumb, and your 60's are not GREAT for a nice run, but still not horrid. You are not going to get faster than a 1.9 60 and still hope to have a transmission, it just is NOT happening, I have seen more than a few break lets just put it that way.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Chuck, Let's see now, let's review........

36 Hours ago you were a called a Poseur by someone who didn't even bother to figure out who you were or what you knew or what you might be doing before he mouthed off.

5 hours ago darkhorizon is bragging that he's owned you by posting up your dyno chart. He never considered that you're the one who originally posted that same chart about 5 months ago.

Now you're giving them all lessons in the process of setting a car up.

I told you man, it's a wonderful country. you go from Poseur to Teacher in 36 hours.

Archie

Tell 'em we're playing Chess not Checkers

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-28-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
lessons? For the record for someone to learn something they have to listen, I never asked any questions about setting up cars here nor would I listen to someone making 400hp out of a 6L v8 with a turbo and a getrag fwd transmission.

How can you compare wasting the time and effort to go to a track to see how your car runs from the 1/16 mile to the 1/8 mile? last time I checked you didnt need a track to see how your car preforms at wide open throttle.

I took that chart from a thread that he posted in 5 months ago, and I never claimed I "owned" anything.

Stop insulting people archie, I never asked for it, nor have I ever insulted you even indirectly. You seem to love calling out people that bend what you say, yet you do it more than anyone.

36 Hours ago you were a called a Poseur by someone who didn't even bother to figure out who you were or what you knew or what you might be doing before he mouthed off.

What else did he have to know? He built a turbo lt1 stroker thing that dynos about as much as a n/a lt1 with a cam and head work would dyno with a bit mroe torque I suppose (although i doubt you corrected the torque for the gear ratio), and then insulted us when we asked for time slips. We obviously got the impression that he was scared to post the slips, or broke the transmission too many times to ever get a run at the track.

if your battleing to see who has the biggest e-peen here, you might as well post proof about it. I could care less, my car IS a rolling junk pile that cost less than motortv's front and rear bumper, but it is only .02 seconds slower in the 1/4.
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by darkhorizon:

lessons? For the record for someone to learn something they have to listen, I never asked any questions about setting up cars here nor would I listen to someone making 400hp out of a 6L v8 with a turbo and a getrag fwd transmission.

But you sure tried to make lots of noise in an information thread ...

How can you compare wasting the time and effort to go to a track to see how your car runs from the 1/16 mile to the 1/8 mile? last time I checked you didnt need a track to see how your car preforms at wide open throttle.

But you DO need a track to see how your car reacts to certian conditions at a track.. A real racer would know this... A kid would just mash the gas and say "look at me i'm kool" and learn nothing...
If you ever ran a car fast you would more then likely hert yourself and others...

I took that chart from a thread that he posted in 5 months ago, and I never claimed I "owned" anything.

Here is what you posted...
darkhorizon

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pretty much owned in that thread, agree?

I posted that dyno graph, that will shut him up.

If he posts more junk, Ill just post up some supercharged 3800's running 12psi through AUTO FWD trannies making more power than him.

Stop insulting people archie, I never asked for it, nor have I ever insulted you even indirectly. You seem to love calling out people that bend what you say, yet you do it more than anyone.

What else did he have to know? He built a turbo lt1 stroker thing that dynos about as much as a n/a lt1 with a cam and head work would dyno with a bit mroe torque I suppose (although i doubt you corrected the torque for the gear ratio), and then insulted us when we asked for time slips. We obviously got the impression that he was scared to post the slips, or broke the transmission too many times to ever get a run at the track.

One day you may learn that a dyno is a tool, It is used for a lot more then you would think... Not just peak hp and tq...
To date i have never broke a trans in my car... If you know how it works then you can work around its limits... btw 1.6 60 foot times is fairly common for a v-8 fiero...

if your battleing to see who has the biggest e-peen here, you might as well post proof about it. I could care less, my car IS a rolling junk pile that cost less than motortv's front and rear bumper, but it is only .02 seconds slower in the 1/4

How fast my car has turned is of realy no importence in this thread... This thread is for people that want to learn what is involved in making a fast car work...
Again i say... read the thread ... because you keep putting your foot in your mouth...
Are you buddys with Mr Posouer?

Chuck
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

How fast my car has turned is of realy no importence in this thread... This thread is for people that want to learn what is involved in making a fast car work...
[

Just a little advice,
You need to remember that folks like darkhorizon think that you need to go out on the street and do some "rolling racing" against cars like an Escort ZX2 in order to see how your car performs. If they had a car anywhere near the power you have they would have killed themselves (and possibly others) by now.
Obviously he has no intention of learning, He just wants to make comments without any real understanding.
He already stated his problem:

For the record for someone to learn something they have to listen,

Coinage

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post
still waiting to know about this stuff...

What turbo are you using?
What clutch?
What camshaft?
what valvesprings?
what do you rev it to?
What exhaust manifolds are you using?
What size injectors are you using?
What fuel pump are you using?
Headers?
If so what size primaries?
How much boost you run to make 700 whp?
Where is your dyno chart?
What gear did you dyno in?
What shop did you dyno it at?
What is their phone number?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Coinage:

still waiting to know about this stuff...

What turbo are you using?
What clutch?
What camshaft?
what valvesprings?
what do you rev it to?
What exhaust manifolds are you using?
What size injectors are you using?
What fuel pump are you using?
Headers?
If so what size primaries?
How much boost you run to make 700 whp?
Where is your dyno chart?
What gear did you dyno in?
What shop did you dyno it at?
What is their phone number?

Wow, if you didn't have Shaunbag to quote, you wouldn't have anything to say would you?
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Wow, if you didn't have Shaunbag to quote, you wouldn't have anything to say would you?

Archie, could you please let Coinage ask these completely legitimate questions without interruption? I would've cut and pasted too, why retype it all. Though it is nice to see you're keeping track.

Thank you,
Nate
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to hold my breath for the dyno.

There's no need to "learn the track" or "take it easy", and you can't blame it on the driver. Either it makes 700 hp or it doesn't.
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
LOL

I am sorry,,(little off track) but this is just to dam funny,,Unlike some other noobs in here,I for 1 just sit and read and learn,,Even if i know the person is wrong,,it is not my time or money they r wasting...

What was that old saying,,,,,,,,Better to look stupid,then to be a stupid idiot!

i think that right,,,oh well who cares...just LMAO
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ducattiman:
Better to look stupid,then to be a stupid idiot!

It's better to sit there and look stupid than to open you mouth and remove all doubt.

IMHO I see some pot stirring going on from both sides, it's rather childish.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 09-28-2007).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

You need to remember that folks like darkhorizon think that you need to go out on the street and do some "rolling racing" against cars like an Escort ZX2 in order to see how your car performs. If they had a car anywhere near the power you have they would have killed themselves (and possibly others) by now.

Its really ironic you bring that up, and how completely wrong you are.

Remember my car is just as fast as his via his time slips, "faster" actually because I trapped 106. My manual swap car I sold to my friend, ran 12.5 and trapped 109, so fast fieros are sorta my game no matter what transmission is in them.

If I had 1/20 the money this guy has into his car, I would easily be running a real 400whp, and easily hitting 11's consistently, with no "shakedown runs".
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastIndyFiero:

Archie, could you please let Coinage ask these completely legitimate questions without interruption? I would've cut and pasted too, why retype it all. Though it is nice to see you're keeping track.

Thank you,
Nate

Sure why not, Would you also like to have the Dyno operators full name & address? Maybe his wife's maiden name & dress size.

There are a lot of V-8 swappers from around the country who've got Dyno runs & time slips who don't post them on here because they know that they'll be hounded & harassed by RFT loosers like you before they even have time to get the facts & results out there.

If you hound him enough & bash him constantly, You'll discourage the next V-8 guy from even thinking about posting up his info.

Yet everytime one of you guys post something up, you always qualify your posts by making your excuses up front. Either your AFR is off or you shifted at the wrong RPM but you always have an excuse. But you don't see a group of V-8 swap guys running in hounding you & bashing you. What you do see is them giving you the time to sort your car out in your own way.

Evidenced by the fact that Chuck's time slip is from this last weekend & given the fact that he works 50+ hours a week, you might consider that he's still working on getting his car setup.

Maybe you should show the V-8 guys the kind of respect they show you.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-28-2007).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
what is there to setup? if he can get into gears 1-3 to get an 1/8 mile run, why is shifting into 4'th going to hurt anything?

a 2.0 launch is plenty respectable for that transmission, your not going to get that any faster anyway, no matter what sort of horsepower your running, so other than that, he ran his car as hard as he could then.

What is this trying to prove? That you have more time and money than we do that you can just go to the track and just screw around and not get a time slip that represents your fastest run? I would of just kept this whole timeslip business to myself If I was him, its just confusing and really dumb to try to post these then explain it?

The whole VHT deal is understandable if you really are running near 800 horsepower, but even then you should have tires on that were ready for that. You cant tell me shifting into 4th is scary on non vht track..
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Wow! This is like reading a 84bill and Phranc thread, only more technical. I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but it sure is fun to read.

Jim
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Its really ironic you bring that up, and how completely wrong you are.

Why is it "ironic" ?? How am I "wrong"?? I mean you can tell that you and others are making posts either for Shaunna or to somehow gain his approval.
If that is not the case then why did you say here you never claimed you "owned" anything but as pointed out you posted on RFT you "owned" the thread???
Why do you make one comment here then post over there to mock the thread?? Why do others quote his posts here?
The best part about it all is how Shaunna lies in his posts and you all believe him. I exchanged a few Emails with him and he made posts that he knew were lies. I don't know if he did it for the purpose of not looking like a fool to all you guys or he did it to goad me into posting so he could have his croonies assist him in bashing me.
Either way it just proves to myself and a few others who were reading the Emails and Shaunna's posts what a fool he really is. If that is the type of person you and others wish to follow or admire, That is your choice and that is how others will preceive you.

Remember my car is just as fast as his via his time slips, "faster" actually because I trapped 106. My manual swap car I sold to my friend, ran 12.5 and trapped 109, so fast fieros are sorta my game no matter what transmission is in them.

The difference is Chuck was taking it easy and you were trying to get your best time. I mean it is so obvious that he was at the "Test and Tune" at the drag strip and he was working on the "Tune" part because his slips show he basically did an easy launch, a short burst of power, and then coasted after the 1/8 mark. So he was about as fast as your best time without even trying.

a 2.0 launch is plenty respectable for that transmission, your not going to get that any faster anyway, no matter what sort of horsepower your running, so other than that, he ran his car as hard as he could then.

Huh??? I'm running 1.7 seconds to 60' and if I recall Tina is running 1.6 seconds. So why can't it a Fiero manual transaxle go faster than 2.0 seconds??

EDIT: Just checked the 1/4 mile thread.
x-thumpr-x, ricecooker, Tina, 3.8T, and 865spd all run with Getrag 5-Spd's and all have less than 2.0 seconds to the 60' mark.
Mine is a 4-spd and there are not a lot of cars listed with the 4-spd and show their 60' times so I cannot find other examples.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-28-2007).]

MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
I will jump in for a sec.
The winners and losers are truly showing their stuff...
The lack of knowlage and insite of a few "racers" does not suprise me at all...
Maby i should start a thread called "My 700 hp car...." so they can be at least on topic... LOL
The point of this thread is show that there is more to going fast then the kids think...
For sure you could just mash the gas and be 90 percent there.. (if the car is slow enough)
To get the other 10 takes a bit more...
I will explain this this afternoon...
btw... can anyone point out where i said how much hp i make and how quick the car is?
Or even that i was going to say in this thread...
It's not the point of this thread...
Chuck
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
you asume WAY too much about me, the only other person I know on RFT is will, I have no idea who anyone else is.

I know 1.7's are VERY possible with getrags, I have even ran a 1.6 with my manual swap, but it has been through 4 transmissions, and we all know how many tina has nuked.

Even if he ran a legit 1/8 mile, the time and trap speeds mean nothing, we cant "look at it" and see that its a 9 second car like he claims it is. a 94 trap at the 1/8 is not slow, but it is far from 11's still, even with that launch.

I love discussing facts oreif, if you would keep your random assumptions about me out of this, It will avoid things getting trash canned. You are commenting on my personal life and making blatant assumptions on how I do business out here in Flint. If you want, I can give you phone numbers of my friends I race out here, and they will tell you straight up what I do and how I do it.

I do not follow on anyones tails, In the case of darkhorizon vs motortunerTVakimoto, I think most RFT people started following me, you can see this on the other thread.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

You are not going to get faster than a 1.9 60 and still hope to have a transmission, it just is NOT happening,

I know 1.7's are VERY possible with getrags, I have even ran a 1.6 with my manual swap, but it has been through 4 transmissions, and we all know how many tina has nuked.

Let the backpeddaling begin.

we all know how many tina has nuked.

Do you know how many Getrags Tina has nuked? Take a guess? 1? 5? 20?
Or did you not know that the transmissions she nuked were Isuzus and that's why she switched to a Getrag? Not to mention, the last one I saw that she greneded was done in by a clutch failure - not transmission.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Maby i should start a thread called "My 700 hp car...." so they can be at least on topic... LOL
btw... can anyone point out where i said how much hp i make and how quick the car is?

You must have told this guy?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067198.html

Where would he get this information if you didn't tell him yourself?

"This car is pushing 780hp at this time and is a blast"
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

you asume WAY too much about me, the only other person I know on RFT is will, I have no idea who anyone else is.

I love discussing facts oreif, if you would keep your random assumptions about me out of this, It will avoid things getting trash canned. You are commenting on my personal life and making blatant assumptions on how I do business out here in Flint. If you want, I can give you phone numbers of my friends I race out here, and they will tell you straight up what I do and how I do it.

I can only go by what you have posted. I have no idea what your personal life is or even your business.
The only thing I have seen from you is the fact that you make comments which have a negative tone to them on here then you go to RFT and appear to gloat about it.
It's fine to disagree or disbelieve but when you go somewhere else and gloat about your comments, It appears you are doing it to "fit in" with the RFT crowd.
Being a PFF member for any length of time, You should know how the RFT crowd is viewed upon by many here.

I have NOT made any comments about your personal life or your business.
However,I did group you with the others who appear to be doing the same thing as you.
Which may or may not be accurate, But it is how you are precieved based on your comments and actions so far and others here also seem to have the same preception of you.
If this is not true, Then why are you gloating on RFT about what you post on here???

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-28-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock