Started on: 08-11-2005 07:50 PM
Replies: 160 (3642 views)
Last post by: v8fiero400 on 08-24-2006 03:50 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This topic has gone

HeHe, I own page 2 of what has turned out to be a garbage thread.

Cliff if you read this please close this thread, trash can it before the rest of the clowns in here really turn it dirty.

UGH.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 08-12-2005).]

IP: Logged
Unrivaled

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UnrivaledSend a Private Message to UnrivaledEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was flame wars like this over the 4.9 that made me stay a lurker rather than join and possibly get caugh up in it. So I have some questions to all of those that disparage 4.9 swaps.

Why are 4.9 always being harrassed about getting/going to a dragstrip when most swappers never intended the swap for that purpose?

Heavly modded SBCs are slightly faster than heavly modded 3800SCs and turbos. Why is that point never raised? They also have 8 cylinders don't they?

People speak in glowing terms to someone swapping a Yamaha motor from a Ford SHO, but hammer those that swap GM 4.9s. Am I the only one that believe some of us have things twisted.?
Personally, I congratulate those innovative mavericks that dared to take a different and less popular path. If it wasn't for them we'd all still be stuck with just the 2,5 and 2,8 without additional motors as options. So just accept that fact that we all love the Fiero whether it's a notchie or fastback. Ultimately what counts is if the owner is happy with his car regardless if it runs 11.54, 17.1 or anything in between, Would we not be better off celebrating our camraderie as we express our love for Fieros?

[This message has been edited by Unrivaled (edited 08-12-2005).]

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is just a few like this ........... Fool that jumps all over the place shooting off his mouth and attacking other members who don't share his views how awesome the northstar is and how modern is the technology in comparison to the 4.9 push rod engine .

This came about with Ryan Hess asking a simple question then he started to talk crap till he found out that rockcrawl built the car then he got nasty which is his pattern if you have different views from him .

Who gives a rat hair if it has 32 valves ,4 cams an expensive ECU $3000 on a stock motor I presume because he has not mentioned any other work done to it , it will only rev higher but he is assuming that a 4.9 cannot be worked to provide equal power which is not the case and let me say this your set up will barely do better than a 4.9 considering all that money $6000 you have in it and you know what .......It Dosen't Matter that is your choice .

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 08-12-2005).]

SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
13's from a 4.9? my old neon had a slightly modded 2.0 and it ran low 14's
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

It is just a few like this ........... Fool that jumps all over the place shooting off his mouth and attacking other members who don't share his views how awesome the northstar is and how modern is the technology in comparison to the 4.9 push rod engine .

This came about with Ryan Hess asking a simple question then he started to talk crap till he found out that rockcrawl built the car then he got nasty which is his pattern if you have different views from him .

Who gives a rat hair if it has 32 valves ,4 cams an expensive ECU $3000 on a stock motor I presume because he has not mentioned any other work done to it , it will only rev higher but he is assuming that a 4.9 cannot be worked to provide equal power which is not the case and let me say this your set up will barely do better than a 4.9 considering all that money $6000 you have in it and you know what .......It Dosen't Matter that is your choice .

Wow, you stoop pretty low in this thread, might be as low as you've gone yet. If you read what has been said, I havn't mentioned my motor in this thread, you guys brought it up. Attacking a N* when you own a hackjob 4.9 is pretty pathetic. Its only a matter of time when you run your motor all that paint will go to your beaings... pathetic.

Living beyond my means eh? Oh I can afford the N*, thats not the problem. Its TIME.. I wish I had time like you to make a bondo queen, but I don't. I work in the oil field in Alberta, and if you didn't know, we make a decent amount of cash. The higher the price of oil and gas, the busier I am. Read a newspaper, oil is at $65/bbl.

I have not attacked 4.9s in this thread, its not about 4.9s. MTA just loves flying off the handle when someone calls him out. I seem to be the only one on this board who realizes he is a shadey character. He does jobs for people with terrible work and nothing but excuses. He has wild claims with his own engines, which are definitly not true and got him kicked off the fiero 1/4 mile list.

So MTA, whats next? What else are you going to assume about me? I'm lucky, there are too many pissed off people and facts floating around about you, I don't have to assume anything.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unrivaled:

It was flame wars like this over the 4.9 that made me stay a lurker rather than join and possibly get caugh up in it. So I have some questions to all of those that disparage 4.9 swaps.

Why are 4.9 always being harrassed about getting/going to a dragstrip when most swappers never intended the swap for that purpose?

Heavly modded SBCs are slightly faster than heavly modded 3800SCs and turbos. Why is that point never raised? They also have 8 cylinders don't they?

People speak in glowing terms to someone swapping a Yamaha motor from a Ford SHO, but hammer those that swap GM 4.9s. Am I the only one that believe some of us have things twisted.?
Personally, I congratulate those innovative mavericks that dared to take a different and less popular path. If it wasn't for them we'd all still be stuck with just the 2,5 and 2,8 without additional motors as options. So just accept that fact that we all love the Fiero whether it's a notchie or fastback. Ultimately what counts is if the owner is happy with his car regardless if it runs 11.54, 17.1 or anything in between, Would we not be better off celebrating our camraderie as we express our love for Fieros?

things turn into a flaim war when people venemously defent speed and hp claims without proof. rather than providing proof they get personal and make attacks.

the same thing does happen with the 3800sc and v8's - just hasn't happened in a while.. people respect the 4.9 as a good swap - but don't like seeing things advertised as being faster than what others have proved their swaps to be without some proof of mods or timeslips. nobody has attacked the 4.9 in this thread - only unsubstantiated claims. Rockcrawl was kind enough to come and explain where the number came from and I respect his work.

Unrivaled

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UnrivaledSend a Private Message to UnrivaledEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLOWnSTEADY:

13's from a 4.9? my old neon had a slightly modded 2.0 and it ran low 14's

Standard reply = No matter how fast it runs it's still a dime a dozen Neon and resident member of rental fleets everywhere.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are just jealous what for I dont know eat your heart out......... FOOL you live in a make belief world and your N* will never do what you think it will do, with every post you make it shows your level of intelligence. Why are you worrying about my car?????? I care less what you think of me ....FOOL stop looking for sympathy because none you will get from me you hypocrite.

My car has all the comfort and speed that I need because and say all you want I built it how I want it ................my way not yours so stop trolling and go try and finish your hi tech swap because if you think slapping a $3000 ECU on will make you faster than the rest of N* out there you are sadly mistaken with your stock used up motor .

You fail to understand one thing about swaps people know what they want and can afford unlike you that has been through a 3.4dohc,4.9,LT1 and now your N* .........what next ? a locomotive engine or a 18 wheeler ..................You are mixed up and that is why I call you a .......FOOL ,you are like a fruit fly flying and pitching on every thing ruining just about every thread you butt in may be you are drinking the oil at your job trying to lubricate your frozen brain and BTW you said further up it was your last post but you are still here ??????????????????.

Stop trying to keep up with The other N* owners like PBJ,Rockcrawl,Will,GSXR Bobby at least they are not going around trying to prove how superior their motor is to the 4.9 and is the ultimate because your motor will never ever reach that level with out work and you are not capable by reading your logics of doing it ....FOOL.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MTA - you really need to sit dow, grill up some shrimp, drink a red-stripe and relax - you've spammed this thread with probably 3 times as much material as him with far more personal attacks.
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see where you have come to defend you buddy .............no problem with that,all I did was to make a statement in reply to rockcrawl quote and he started all this and it went down hill from there but you have to defend yourself if you are attacked.

I don't know this guy but for obvious reasons he has a thing for me that when ever I post in a thread not related to him he starts this confrontation talking things about me based on one incident that he has no facts only from what was told to him ,I have not addressed it because it makes no sense as this was a business transaction between a disgruntled customer and me and I see no reason to air dirty laundry on the subject which I could have but he choose to prolong it by taking stabs at me .

Now that I know who my detractors are I refrain to enter a thread they start or reply to a quote they made but he choose to do the opposite, I under stand where all this is coming from but all this mud slinging is being motivated by ulterior motives he has ....so I will take your advice drink a icy cold"RED STRIPE " mon and forget about him and I will keep it clean .

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You, keep it clean? You sling more names than anyone I've ever seen on PFF. Its obvious you are not very smart, and you calling ME dumb has me rolling on the floor!!!!!!

Your insults and arguments are exactly the same in every thread you go nuts in. You need some new material. Yes, I've had 4 engines. Wow, I admit it. A 4.9 I sold because I was moving, an LT-1 I never even started on, a successful 3.4dohc swap and a N* in progress, which by the way my wife convinced me to do because I've always wanted one.

Hey MTA, I've never ripped someone off, or made huge claims with any of my motor swaps. Oh yeah, my 3.4dohc ran 12.1@ 140mph, take my word for it, I'm a Master Tuner.... Obviously, if I make that claim, people will call bullshit. I would expect to get flamed for not posting a timeslip. YOU must be real DUMB if you don't realize that.

I may attack your credibility and your ethics, and you deserve it, but you hit below the belt every chance you get. fool.

PFF
System Bot
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

although I have extensive mechanical knowledge I learn every day even from my 10 year old,

I can only assume he's the one who told you to use dimes in an engine...

Ahh, that felt good.. I'm outta this one..

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are still stuck on stupid for all I know but I care less about you yet you worry about me constantly give it a break Mr Northstar with the $3000 ECU your name fits you well ......"Crazyone " you also missed out the A so I put it in for you.

There are other things in life than Fieros to get so carried away and I try to enjoy them unlike you who is consumed with jelousy and hatred that all you can do is follow me around you miserable little man or ....................forget it .

I have insulted you so many times your opinion is insignificant with me and if you had done that to me I would have crawled away like a puppy with my tail between my legs, but you are like a battered wife just hanging on for more check this out you just talk too much go start your own thread and you will never find me posting and trolling in it like you do Professor N* the frozen brain rocket scientist with imaginary dreams.

I never told him any thing Johnny K like that , BTW I am not going to come up to Guelph (where ever that is )and beat you up .if you noticed I read but never trolled in your thread

Shade

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadeSend a Private Message to ShadeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FOOL, at least I can afford mine furthermore we care less about what you use and your expensive big time ECU your car is not going to create any miracles and and run fantastic times it will always be a Pinto ....... clown.

The only reason you can afford anything is by ripping off other members with your shotty installs. I've gotta spare car... You wanna @#|$* it up for me?

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shade:

The only reason you can afford anything is by ripping off other members with your shotty installs. I've gotta spare car... You wanna @#|$* it up for me?

Another soapbox lawyer comes crawling out of the woods trying to rip me for my papers ...................daaam he knows more than me ,
listen up I can afford what ever I want but I don't have to flaunt it also I quit working earlier this year sold the business and retired enjoying my life now. I made very good investments so I am cool I still have local PFF members that bring their cars once in a while to work on regardless what is said on here ,so get your info correct next time also .

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lazyone:

I look forward to the timeslips.
My swap is taking so long because I have been working a ton of overtime. Parts take time to ship. I have $6K into my swap so far and another $1k to go. I'd love to see you install a 2003 N* in record time. As far as I know I am the first to use chrfab's "Big Stuff 3" ecu which also costs $2600us ($3500 Canadian shipped to my door) You can check out my progress instead of guessing why it is taking so long.
http://www.realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=724

DIMES!!!

So you claim you don't have the time to finish huh? You seem to have enough time to troll board to board talking crap. I think it's partly due to lazyness. I don't think anyone has to guess there.

I also don't care to go over to loserland and look at your progress ( Because I don't think you know what your doing) .... If I want to see a nice northstar swap I will scroll (on this board) To PBJ's turbo northstar swap. He knows what he's doing .... You don't.

That board sucks this board rules. So much for realchest thumping tech info.

I also look forward to your timeslip... Im curious on the benifits of a $2600 ECU

------------------

4.9 under construction... To lay the smack down on any mid 80s truck that stands in my way.

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 08-12-2005).]

Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are still stuck on stupid for all I know but I care less about you yet you worry about me constantly give it a break Mr Northstar with the $3000 ECU your name fits you well ......"Crazyone " you also missed out the A so I put it in for you.

There are other things in life than Fieros to get so carried away and I try to enjoy them unlike you who is consumed with jelousy and hatred that all you can do is follow me around you miserable little man or ....................forget it .

I have insulted you so many times your opinion is insignificant with me and if you had done that to me I would have crawled away like a puppy with my tail between my legs, but you are like a battered wife just hanging on for more check this out you just talk too much go start your own thread and you will never find me posting and trolling in it like you do Professor N* the frozen brain rocket scientist with imaginary dreams.

I never told him any thing Johnny K like that , BTW I am not going to come up to Guelph (where ever that is )and beat you up .if you noticed I read but never trolled in your thread

Seriously, you really need to shut it and shove it.

Levi, I wouldn't waste any more of my breath on this bag of trash... His choice words on this forum towards you and other people who read between the lines really show his true character.

I don't question if a stock 4.9 can run High 13's in the 1/4, I question if you can prove it, Master BS'r Akimbimbo.

Why don't you go to the track and make up a video for all of us to see?

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know, I would have no problem with MTA if he acted like a man and apologized for his shadey job on Black's car. Instead he decided to make one post stating he doesn't want to get into detail why it took a master tuner 9 months to not even finish the job. Black had to get the car, not running, and finish it himself and discovering the defects along the way. WTF IS WITH THE DIMES!?!?! Seriously!!! Thats truly pathetic.

Instead, he acts like a child. Hiding behind excuses and slinging **** whenever he is called out. Earl, his puppy dog comes to his rescue for some damage control. More people speak up against MTA and they are blown off and insulted. Must be nice to be a crook without a care in the world. They try and change the subject, calling names, pointing their fingers, its really quite sad.

The constant string of lies is unbarable. His extensive mechanical knowleage, tuning Supras, his super fast unproven 4.9 etc etc. I believe we chased off another pathological liar, Mastermind.

MTA, you brought it upon yourself, and when this thread dies, you will go on your merry way without a care in the world. You are not a master tuner. You are a con artist. Until more people are informed or you make a big apology you will probibly be seeing more of me.

Have a nice day.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leafy:

Seriously, you really need to shut it and shove it.

Levi, I wouldn't waste any more of my breath on this bag of trash... His choice words on this forum towards you and other people who read between the lines really show his true character.

I don't question if a stock 4.9 can run High 13's in the 1/4, I question if you can prove it, Master BS'r Akimbimbo.

Why don't you go to the track and make up a video for all of us to see?

Now how are you involved with this conversation attacking me and telling me to shove it you are rude as this was not called for the only place I want to shove some thing is up your *********** you wouldn't like to know .I am not talking to you or ever did so just stop from pointing fingers.

I have nothing to prove to any one all I simply did was to make a statement and the Alberta boys gets offended,well guess what I will not be intimidated by a bunch of tough talking keyboard wimps . The reason why you talk tough is because you live so far away and will never come this side of the world so I pity the fool like you ,I am not at a loss of words but it was not about you or any one all I did was to make a statement not directed at anyone and it offended you clowns tough luck .

Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now how are you involved with this conversation attacking me and telling me to shove it you are rude as this was not called for the only place I want to shove some thing is up your *********** you wouldn't like to know .I am not talking to you or ever did so just stop from pointing fingers.

I have nothing to prove to any one all I simply did was to make a statement and the Alberta boys gets offended,well guess what I will not be intimidated by a bunch of tough talking keyboard wimps . The reason why you talk tough is because you live so far away and will never come this side of the world so I pity the fool like you ,I am not at a loss of words but it was not about you or any one all I did was to make a statement not directed at anyone and it offended you clowns tough luck .

Let me get one thing straight, if you want to come up here and prove you're man enough, go right ahead... you're not just talking to some "keyboard wimp" here.

Levi is spot on and I've done enough observing of your attitude in previous threads to get a grasp of how much of an exaggerator you really are. Second of all, I've seen the results of Levi's progress and your lack there of, so I've finally made a decision based on the abuse you dish out on him and others who disagree with you, to call you out for the BS'er you really are.

AGAIN, show us proof that you can make your 4.9 go as fast as you claim to be, and I'm sure that people will back down from their comments about your credibility.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

You know, I would have no problem with MTA if he acted like a man and apologized for his shadey job on Black's car. Instead he decided to make one post stating he doesn't want to get into detail why it took a master tuner 9 months to not even finish the job. Black had to get the car, not running, and finish it himself and discovering the defects along the way. WTF IS WITH THE DIMES!?!?! Seriously!!! Thats truly pathetic.

Instead, he acts like a child. Hiding behind excuses and slinging **** whenever he is called out. Earl, his puppy dog comes to his rescue for some damage control. More people speak up against MTA and they are blown off and insulted. Must be nice to be a crook without a care in the world. They try and change the subject, calling names, pointing their fingers, its really quite sad.

The constant string of lies is unbarable. His extensive mechanical knowleage, tuning Supras, his super fast unproven 4.9 etc etc. I believe we chased off another pathological liar, Mastermind.

MTA, you brought it upon yourself, and when this thread dies, you will go on your merry way without a care in the world. You are not a master tuner. You are a con artist. Until more people are informed or you make a big apology you will probibly be seeing more of me.

Have a nice day.

First of all you know nothing about that transaction and that is what he told you how ever what he failed to tell you is that drove the car and was happy and was amazed how fast it was, he got a car that was running but needed final tuning which I decided to help him with if it had a problem .On taking the car home he changed the wires and instead of wiring up the wires in the right firing order he wired it up 12345678 in block order that is when the the injector plugs blew out and the distributor came apart.

What he never told you was the engine had a bad head gasket when I got it running which I notified him about and I agreed to fix it for him for $200 in labor which I did .
What was never told is he decided to change to carb and he purchased his parts from Summit on his credit cards ,
What was never told is the amount I initially charged him how much did I receive .
What he never told you when he came to my house he was treated good even had some food and asked for seconds (barbecue chicken) saying how it was the beast it tasted.
What he never told you was when he came to pick up the car he wanted to take it out side before he paid me until I told him no pay first then take the car ..we are not as stupid and uneducated as you believe

Opened up my house to him and for him to say I screwed him over that is sad but life goes on with out regrets.

Among the payment I got was a flat screen monitor the first one died the second was returned elsewhere and other things that was received (that part I will leave alone) as there are legal ramification but all I had to do is pick up the phone and make a call,so he is not particularly truthful in his accusations.

He asked me to come down to look at the car after they were trying to get it started and I told him it would not be possible to go that far just bring it back up which he never did , that is when he posted that I did shoddy work on his car .The injector holes are generally plugged up in case you would like to go back to fuel injection the plugs could be easily removed and install the injectors and all the swaps I have done this method has never failed but if the car is firing 12345678 it only proves he did not know what he was doing he called me and I corrected him how to rewire it and that is when he got it running I even called his cell # to ask him why he was talking that trash he blocked my number I do have his work # though and what if I decided to spill the beans.

Since you know more fill me in so talk all you want it means nothing and you will always be a troll causing trouble.

PFF
System Bot
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im going to reply to this one last time. Crazyone the only problems I have with you is, You here info from other sources, And jump to conclusions about a person.

You are a very two faced person, And a hypocrite... You call me a lapdog but you are doing the same stuff.... I guess it's to look cool to some of your friends over at the Unrealtechfiero forum, You get fustraited because I pointed out your faults and to combat it you resort to calling ppl fags. You are also extreamly rude.

And I don't think those are the only reasons you have a problem with MTA. As you can see.... you were the only person I jumped on in this thread (and for good reason to)

Unlike you I know all stories have 2 sides to them. I also know that what happened between him and chris is not my buisness.

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 08-12-2005).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
9 months. Dimes. Distributor pin. An Unreliable car sent off with a customer.

If any other person or company did the work, I would be after them.

Earl, you are still assuming. Want my schedual this week? Since you are uninformed and won't stop assuming I'll tell you.

Monday-Friday day shifts, Sunday and Monday night shifts. That leaves Saturday as a day off. When you are a shift worker, working 12 hour days with a 50 minute commute to and from work you are bagged. I get tomorrow off (Saturday). After working so much, its pretty tough to find motivation to do anything. Some things NEED to be done such as mowing the grass, general house stuff.

Since you are not a shift worker or a home owner, I expect you know nothing about this type of schedual. Now, fit working on a motor swap somewhere in there. I leave at 5:30 in the morning and get home at 7:30 in the evening. Eat when I get home and veg for an hour before bed.

Only thing that makes it worth it is the money. Being a power engineer at a natural gas processing plant pays VERY well. There is no shortage of $$$ for my motor swap.

Now you are informed.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

crzyone

3571 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Well, here are some links. To say we know nothing of what happened is not true.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/051451.html
http://www.realfierotech.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=711&highlight=

Unrivaled

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UnrivaledSend a Private Message to UnrivaledEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The topic of this thread and the squabbles within made me take a closer look at PFF's 1/4 mile list and if you look closely it reveals something that many of you might find interesting if not shocking. The first thing I noticed is all of the top SBCs are 383s and or spraying giggly juice. There is but one stock 350 on the list and it is owned by Mr. Pat and guess what? It only ran a tenth of a second faster than Rockcrawl's 4.9 and 7 tenths of a second faster than Fierokings 4.9 another interesting fact. For all of the people saying go 3.4 DOHC over the 4.9 guess what? No stock 3.4 DOHC ran faster than Rockcrawl's 13.30 or Fieroking's 13.90 4.9 Matt Hawkins is the only 3.4 DOHC ran faster than those 4.9s and Matt's 3.4 is turbocharged But Matt is still almost a full second slower than PBJ and Becky's turboed 4.9

So is 13.20 what to expect from a stock SBC LT-1 swap no less?

I wonder if the 4.9 will get any props for running faster than all naturally aspirated 3.4 DOHCs?

Chris Moore's Northstar ran a 13.30 the same time as Rockcrawl in his 4.9 I almost forgot to mention that.

Bottom line take a sober look at the list and stop bashing 4.9 swaps.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/034445.html

[This message has been edited by Unrivaled (edited 08-12-2005).]

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will ran a 12.8 in his 275hp N*, which is around 250 at the wheels. Rockcrawls 4.9 was modified. The 4.9 responds well to modifications, it has the displacement, it just needs more VE.

Rockcrawl and Will know how to drive, which is also reflected in their 1/4 mile times.

Edit to add, which is a cool fact. Will has the fastest stock engine swap on that list, and he was running 25hp short of where he should have been.

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 08-12-2005).]

Unrivaled

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UnrivaledSend a Private Message to UnrivaledEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will ran a 12.8 in his 275hp N*, which is around 250 at the wheels. Rockcrawls 4.9 was modified. The 4.9 responds well to modifications, it has the displacement, it just needs more VE.

Rockcrawl and Will know how to drive, which is also reflected in their 1/4 mile times.

Edit to add, which is a cool fact. Will has the fastest stock engine swap on that list, and he was running 25hp short of where he should have been.

So how do you explain Chris Moore's time and the stats on the 4.9 vs. the 3.4 DOHCs?

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the 3.4tdc and 4.9 are pretty evenly matched in the 1/4. Both are 200 at the flywheel, give or take 10hp. They have completely different characteristics, but both will get you there about the same time. With those engines, and both running properly, I'd say it comes down to the driver.

I didn't do the 3.4dohc to be a drag engine, it just suited the personality of the car and my driving habits. I wanted something faster so I was going to turbo the 3.4 or install a N*. A stock motor that will do mid 12s with a good driver sounds about right to me.

Will was running a Getrag 5 speed, which really suits the motor. Less driveline loss as well. I believe Chris Moore is running the 4T80e, which is also quite heavy. That trani does not suit a dohc V-8 at all. Chris says his car is also heavy, quite a bit of weight was added when it was converted to a convertible.

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unrivaled:
I wonder if the 4.9 will get any props for running faster than all naturally aspirated 3.4 DOHCs?

I wonder why that is... They're both rated the same, and have the same transmission....

Unrivaled

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UnrivaledSend a Private Message to UnrivaledEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I wonder why that is... They're both rated the same, and have the same transmission....

I think it comes down to something called torque.

Unrivaled

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UnrivaledSend a Private Message to UnrivaledEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unrivaled

404 posts
Member since Jul 2005

I didn't do the 3.4dohc to be a drag engine, it just suited the personality of the car and my driving habits. I wanted something faster .

That sounds just like statements in threads I read from 4.9 swappers while lurking before I decided to join PFF.

PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If torque won races, the 4.9 would destroy a 3.4dohc in the 1/4. As it is, one has 220lb/ft vs 275lb/ft. There is something to be said about a powerband.

The 3.4dohc probibly makes more torque than a 4.9 anywhere after 4000rpm all the way to its 7000rpm redline. 3.4 is also able to use the lower gears longer, which evens the odds.

Edit to add. Mr.Pat is running an iron head LT1 which is only rated at 260hp and has an auto trani. A 300hp aluminum head LT1 would be deep into the 12s with a manual transmission.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify a statement in my above post it would even blew up the power valve carb from back firing with a wrong firing order.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/061845.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/026475.html

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MTA, I won't even argue with you, becuz I personally don't like your name calling. But I think you do a lot of shoddy work, and back away from it. So I am without a doubt on Cryzone's side.

And he is not a fool for doing, or starting, 4 engine swaps. That means he had the money, time, mechanical ability, and interest to do what he wanted, and what better way to learn what exactly he wanted then to do all 4 and analyze? And having only seen his DOHC swap, it was done right, so I am led to believe the others were too. But I havn't seen a swap of your's that I can say was done right, and I've looked at more than 1 or 2.

That being said, the 3.4 is dead even with the 4.9 for a lot of reasons, the main one being its power curve. Torque doesn't win races, horsepower does.

------------------

Unrivaled

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2005 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UnrivaledSend a Private Message to UnrivaledEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AaronZ34:

MTA, I won't even argue with you, becuz I personally don't like your name calling. But I think you do a lot of shoddy work, and back away from it. So I am without a doubt on Cryzone's side.

And he is not a fool for doing, or starting, 4 engine swaps. That means he had the money, time, mechanical ability, and interest to do what he wanted, and what better way to learn what exactly he wanted then to do all 4 and analyze? And having only seen his DOHC swap, it was done right, so I am led to believe the others were too. But I havn't seen a swap of your's that I can say was done right, and I've looked at more than 1 or 2.

That being said, the 3.4 is dead even with the 4.9 for a lot of reasons, the main one being its power curve. Torque doesn't win races, horsepower does.

Are you saying the 3.4 DOHC is dead even with the 4.9 even if both have automatic trans? Or are you comparing a 3.4 manual to a 4.9 auto? Do you think a 3.4 auto will outrun a 4.9 manual? Still say both are dead even?

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2005 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any DOHC engine isn't suited for an auto transmission. Alot of the time the auto wants to shift before the redline of the motor. A manual transmission where you have better control is needed to squeeze all the power from a dohc.

The 3.4 is at a disadvantage displacement wise, its impressive it compares to a 4.9L V-8 at all.

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

I can only assume he's the one who told you to use dimes in an engine...

Ahh, that felt good.. I'm outta this one..

You arse. You just made me shoot coke out my nose onto my keyboard.

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL @ Automatic "Dimes" Comment.
AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2005 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any DOHC engine isn't suited for an auto transmission. Alot of the time the auto wants to shift before the redline of the motor. A manual transmission where you have better control is needed to squeeze all the power from a dohc.

The 3.4 is at a disadvantage displacement wise, its impressive it compares to a 4.9L V-8 at all.

Not EXACTLY, but close. The 3.4 DOHC, with the factory 4T60e gearing, using my stock dyno, has near perfect shift points from the factory, at just over 6500. But fact remains, that is close enough to redline. But yes, the DOHC does like the manuals.

4.9 auto vs 3.4 auto, the 4.9 will have a big advantage off the line, but from there on out every advantage is in the DOHC's hands. It would be a closer race, but in 1/4mi distance I think the 3.4 can overcome its poor off the line performance. And besides, a simple torque converter would change that race A LOT.

And Mizer, I gave ya a plus cuz I can't stand one more member getting banned from this stupid ratings thing.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2005 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sig test...

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay